Type keyword(s) to search

Faux Life: Things That Happen On TV But Not In Reality

• Start Topic

I think it's funny that they originally envisioned Hardison as a socially awkward geek type who had trouble with the cons.  Then they cast Aldis Hodge, so they changed it up that he has trouble with the cons in that he oversells it.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Popples said:

My favorite Hardison moment was when he had to make a 300-year-old diary. I believe he said he made the ink from blueberries and he said, "I hacked history!"

LOL, Ok I had to go find the direct quote because I remember he did so much for that one:

Hardison: Do you know what I've achieved here? Do you? I made ink from boysenberries, okay? I-I-I-I've tanned hide for the covers.  I made glue for the binding from animal parts I do not care to discuss. I-I’ve made content for the filler pages from digitized colonial-era novels and diaries. I-I-I-it's Shakespeare in the house, people, Shakespeare!...In a single day, I've gone from apprentice to journeyman to master. I've hacked history! I've hacked history, people.

Gosh.  Now I want to go and binge watch all over again.  It'd only be my, what, fifth time.

Edited by DearEvette
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Lugal said:

I think it's funny that they originally envisioned Hardison as a socially awkward geek type who had trouble with the cons.  Then they cast Aldis Hodge, so they changed it up that he has trouble with the cons in that he oversells it.

Yeah, they had to change its hard to imagine Aldis Hodge as that. Even in the flashback to him looking nerdy with glasses. It just didn't work. It made more sense with the flashback of him at the hotel having checked in using Mick Jagger's credit card. I do love his "This isn't the room your looking for". Him overselling in the Ice Man job and got himself kidnapped by the Russians. Or when he got to run a job. On one hand he did set up an amazing game and it looked so much fun. But he underestimate that the marks would get tired of all the hoops. 

• Love 2

The best Leverage episode and the craziest was the Rashomon Job where all four tell their version of them trying to steal a daggar at a Boston museum each with a few crazy details especially regarding Sophie's accent and the size of the knife. Sophie's version she walks in and is announced, everyone is happy to see her, the owner of the Dagger is in love with her, she flirts with a doctor who flirts back, puts shrimp juice into a glass of champagne to give to a bad man with an allergy to shrimp. He starts coughing and she volunteers the doctor who assures the choking man that "death shall not claim him that night" while he gets a small knife from a waitress to do a tracheotomy and she sneaks away to her other identity working for the museum cataloging the items and she uses it to have the dagger shipped to her London address. She thinks security guard is on to her and later look for her with a shotgun and runs off. But does not end up with the dagger.

Eliot's version he steals an invite from a guest, his clothes and glasses and locks him in his trunk. Then goes in pretending to be the doctor. He meets Sophie but she has a Cocky accent and says stuff like "Bliming that stuff is loaded with zero juice. That's okay he's a bleedin' doctor. Eliot helps the choking person and almost has to do a tracheotomy but it turns not to be necessary takes him to back to rest. The guy keeps repeatedly thanking Eliot for saving his life. Eliot tackles a guard and his clothes to be part of the crew loading shipments onto trucks including the one he thinks has the daggar. Sophie gets so mad at Eliot's version of her accent she redoes her story to make him into a beer guzzling red neck with a pipe (the pipe cracks me up every time) and saying stuff like "Aren't you as pretty as filly in the moonlight." He runs into the security guard who seems scary.

Hardison's version he's cool, hitting on all of the women who are interested in him. He stole the invitation of the guy who had the shrimp allergy his plan is to start coughing to get passed security. He does but gets confused when Sophie shows up this time with accent from one of the dwarves in Lord of the Rings telling him he's allergic to shrimp. Eliot the doctor then suddenly grabs him the waitress claims his throat is closing up and gives Eliot a big, big knife for an emergency tracheotomy scaring the crap out of Hardison who thinks quickly and lies that he just needs his pills. He admits they were breathe mints. In his version Eliot still takes him back. But then acts all creepy still holding the big knife and telling Hardison he was going to wander around the halls and tells Hardison not to go anywhere. Eliot leaves and Hardison goes to the computer to change the shipping of the dagger to stay at the museum. Then goes to get it. He runs into the security guard who says he's all about the job. Hardison locks him and another guard into storage room. The poor other guard was the one Eliot jumped and took his clothes. Hardison goes into get the dagger but its not there. Sophie's pissed about her accent being so off.

Parker's version. She was the waitress who is rude to everyone. Bumps into the security guard who seems demanding wanting to know why she has no drinks on her tray and no name tag. She's the only one who recognizes the light flashing as someone poking a hole into the security (which of course is Hardison!). In her version she happily gives Eliot the big knife and both are excited about cutting into poor Hardison's throat. Sophie speaks complete gibberish. Not even really words or anything. Just gibberish and sounds. Yet Parker looks at her and says "Oh, you said shrimp. That didn't sound like shrimp." When it didn't sound like anything. She sneaks away. Hides under the table while they sort through all of the artifacts. Then goes to get the dagger after everyone leaves. She also thinks she hears the security guard with the shotgun. She grabbed the wrong bag so she doesn't have her climbing gear. So climbs up the shaft with the knife where the security guard comes out of another one and grabs her. She punches him and the knife falls down the shaft.

The last version is Nate's which is probably the truth or close to it. In his version their all caring out their plans and messing each other up. Parker's in the storage room and one point trying to get out but can't because on the other side Eliot's beating up the other guard. Parker goes back into the shaft but grabs Sophie's bag and not hers. The security guard was actually in love with Sophie's museum alias and the box he had wasn't a shot gun but roses. He was looking for her in the hallways and got locked in a storage room then punched by Parker when he climbed the shaft to get out. Parker ends up feeling bad for him. When the dagger fell Nate caught it and it turns out the owner of the knife had Eliot hired to steal it so he could collect the insurance money and sell the knife on the black market as he had done three times before. Which was why Nate was there. To find out why so many of his items had been stolen. There's also a chance Nate wasn't completely telling the truth either. One the knife about to cut into Hardison was the big knife again and not the little one from the first two stories, two its odd that Sophie didn't realize the security guard was in love with her considering she seemed to think everyone else was in love with her in her story. Three its odd at the four out of five thought he was a tough and competent except Nate. And last Nate tells his story after they talked about how smart the security guard was and after Sophie remarked that he could be smarter then Nate. Which telling Nate anyone could be smarter then him especially from Sophie is going to bruise his ego. So it is possibly he downplayed the security guard because of that. 

Its still a completely hilarious episode. Poor Sophie. She gets so upset at each depiction of her accent. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Its still a completely hilarious episode. Poor Sophie. She gets so upset at each depiction of her accent. 

I loved when it got to Parker's gibberish accent and Sophie said, "I hate you all." LOL

"The Rashomon Job" is easily my favorite episode.

• Love 4
On 4/24/2019 at 5:02 AM, andromeda331 said:

The best Leverage episode and the craziest was the Rashomon Job where all four tell their version of them trying to steal a daggar at a Boston museum each with a few crazy details especially regarding Sophie's accent and the size of the knife. Sophie's version she walks in and is announced, everyone is happy to see her, the owner of the Dagger is in love with her, she flirts with a doctor who flirts back, puts shrimp juice into a glass of champagne to give to a bad man with an allergy to shrimp. He starts coughing and she volunteers the doctor who assures the choking man that "death shall not claim him that night" while he gets a small knife from a waitress to do a tracheotomy and she sneaks away to her other identity working for the museum cataloging the items and she uses it to have the dagger shipped to her London address. She thinks security guard is on to her and later look for her with a shotgun and runs off. But does not end up with the dagger.

Eliot's version he steals an invite from a guest, his clothes and glasses and locks him in his trunk. Then goes in pretending to be the doctor. He meets Sophie but she has a Cocky accent and says stuff like "Bliming that stuff is loaded with zero juice. That's okay he's a bleedin' doctor. Eliot helps the choking person and almost has to do a tracheotomy but it turns not to be necessary takes him to back to rest. The guy keeps repeatedly thanking Eliot for saving his life. Eliot tackles a guard and his clothes to be part of the crew loading shipments onto trucks including the one he thinks has the daggar. Sophie gets so mad at Eliot's version of her accent she redoes her story to make him into a beer guzzling red neck with a pipe (the pipe cracks me up every time) and saying stuff like "Aren't you as pretty as filly in the moonlight." He runs into the security guard who seems scary.

Hardison's version he's cool, hitting on all of the women who are interested in him. He stole the invitation of the guy who had the shrimp allergy his plan is to start coughing to get passed security. He does but gets confused when Sophie shows up this time with accent from one of the dwarves in Lord of the Rings telling him he's allergic to shrimp. Eliot the doctor then suddenly grabs him the waitress claims his throat is closing up and gives Eliot a big, big knife for an emergency tracheotomy scaring the crap out of Hardison who thinks quickly and lies that he just needs his pills. He admits they were breathe mints. In his version Eliot still takes him back. But then acts all creepy still holding the big knife and telling Hardison he was going to wander around the halls and tells Hardison not to go anywhere. Eliot leaves and Hardison goes to the computer to change the shipping of the dagger to stay at the museum. Then goes to get it. He runs into the security guard who says he's all about the job. Hardison locks him and another guard into storage room. The poor other guard was the one Eliot jumped and took his clothes. Hardison goes into get the dagger but its not there. Sophie's pissed about her accent being so off.

Parker's version. She was the waitress who is rude to everyone. Bumps into the security guard who seems demanding wanting to know why she has no drinks on her tray and no name tag. She's the only one who recognizes the light flashing as someone poking a hole into the security (which of course is Hardison!). In her version she happily gives Eliot the big knife and both are excited about cutting into poor Hardison's throat. Sophie speaks complete gibberish. Not even really words or anything. Just gibberish and sounds. Yet Parker looks at her and says "Oh, you said shrimp. That didn't sound like shrimp." When it didn't sound like anything. She sneaks away. Hides under the table while they sort through all of the artifacts. Then goes to get the dagger after everyone leaves. She also thinks she hears the security guard with the shotgun. She grabbed the wrong bag so she doesn't have her climbing gear. So climbs up the shaft with the knife where the security guard comes out of another one and grabs her. She punches him and the knife falls down the shaft.

The last version is Nate's which is probably the truth or close to it. In his version their all caring out their plans and messing each other up. Parker's in the storage room and one point trying to get out but can't because on the other side Eliot's beating up the other guard. Parker goes back into the shaft but grabs Sophie's bag and not hers. The security guard was actually in love with Sophie's museum alias and the box he had wasn't a shot gun but roses. He was looking for her in the hallways and got locked in a storage room then punched by Parker when he climbed the shaft to get out. Parker ends up feeling bad for him. When the dagger fell Nate caught it and it turns out the owner of the knife had Eliot hired to steal it so he could collect the insurance money and sell the knife on the black market as he had done three times before. Which was why Nate was there. To find out why so many of his items had been stolen. There's also a chance Nate wasn't completely telling the truth either. One the knife about to cut into Hardison was the big knife again and not the little one from the first two stories, two its odd that Sophie didn't realize the security guard was in love with her considering she seemed to think everyone else was in love with her in her story. Three its odd at the four out of five thought he was a tough and competent except Nate. And last Nate tells his story after they talked about how smart the security guard was and after Sophie remarked that he could be smarter then Nate. Which telling Nate anyone could be smarter then him especially from Sophie is going to bruise his ego. So it is possibly he downplayed the security guard because of that. 

Are we just a teeny teeny bit off-topic here?

• Love 6

Meanwhile, back to things-that-happen-on-tv-but-not-in-real-life:

I'm guessing that only on TV does the bad guy whisper to the detective "You'll never prove it," thus verifying that he or she is the bad guy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I'm guessing that only on TV does the bad guy whisper to the detective "You'll never prove it," thus verifying that he or she is the bad guy.

I heard a story like 25 years ago from a cop speaking in my school how they pulled a guy over and asked if he had drugs and the guy, being a smartass, said yeah, but you'll never find them.  They then proceeded to strip his car down, found the drugs and arrested him.

Although unlike TV, the bad guy is not a diabolical genius, but just a fucking moron.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Lugal said:

I heard a story like 25 years ago from a cop speaking in my school how they pulled a guy over and asked if he had drugs and the guy, being a smartass, said yeah, but you'll never find them.  They then proceeded to strip his car down, found the drugs and arrested him.

Although unlike TV, the bad guy is not a diabolical genius, but just a fucking moron.

I love dumb criminal stories.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I love dumb criminal stories.

And, in real life, criminals are statistically more likely to be mentally impaired, but, on TV, they are more likely to be evil geniuses.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Lugal said:

LOL! My dad was a mechanic and it was amazing how many people with drugs in their car would bring the car to the shop for repairs. He found drugs in tailpipes, in the gas tank. under the hood, and everywhere else and then of course called the cops. Sometimes he was fixing parts and what do you know drugs, other times he was looking for what was causing the problem and found drugs. If you have drugs in the car, why would you take it to a mechanic to fix? Or why would you put drugs under the hood, car, etc. and not make the connection when the car starts to have problems afterwards?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
43 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

LOL! My dad was a mechanic and it was amazing how many people with drugs in theircar would bring the car to the shop for repairs. . . . If you have drugs in the car, why would you take it to a mechanic to fix? Or why would you put drugs under the hood, car, etc. and not make the connection when the car starts to have problems afterwards?

Heh, well, "why do you think they call it dope?"

I hope your dad's stories made their way into a script or two, even if he never got credit — it sounds like he has been the life of more than one party or family gathering.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 5/2/2019 at 9:51 PM, shapeshifter said:

Meanwhile, back to things-that-happen-on-tv-but-not-in-real-life:

But then the good guys, knowing that they won't be able to prove whatever it is, resort to one of the oldest tricks in the book: they have a conversation within earshot of the smug bad guy about some evidence that will absolutely prove the bad guy's guilt which they plan to recover first thing the following morning. The bad guy sneaks in in the middle of the night to steal the evidence (which doesn't actually exist) and walks into an ambush by the good guys, and is so shocked at being caught they confess. Works every time. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 5/4/2019 at 4:46 AM, andromeda331 said:

LOL! My dad was a mechanic and it was amazing how many people with drugs in their car would bring the car to the shop for repairs. He found drugs in tailpipes, in the gas tank. under the hood, and everywhere else and then of course called the cops. Sometimes he was fixing parts and what do you know drugs, other times he was looking for what was causing the problem and found drugs. If you have drugs in the car, why would you take it to a mechanic to fix? Or why would you put drugs under the hood, car, etc. and not make the connection when the car starts to have problems afterwards?

I suspect that they forgot the drugs were in the car.   You know, like when you put on a jacket from last season and find a $20.  lol

I am curious as to the scenes they show a teen who does NOT have a car and doesn't drive is able to come home late after being around different places after school, the mall, the park, etc and just walk through the door.  What mode of transportation do they use to have that kind of flexibility? I guess we have to assume that everything is in  very close radius to their home. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, CoderLady said:

But then the good guys, knowing that they won't be able to prove whatever it is, resort to one of the oldest tricks in the book: they have a conversation within earshot of the smug bad guy about some evidence that will absolutely prove the bad guy's guilt which they plan to recover first thing the following morning. The bad guy sneaks in in the middle of the night to steal the evidence (which doesn't actually exist) and walks into an ambush by the good guys, and is so shocked at being caught they confess. Works every time. 

I hate that.  They loved that trope on Murder, She Wrote.  This is where I learned the rule (which I very well may have made up), after you commit a crime, pretend you didn't.  Even to yourself.  NO matter what happens, don't try to cover anything up after the fact.

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

am curious as to the scenes they show a teen who does NOT have a car and doesn't drive is able to come home late after being around different places after school, the mall, the park, etc and just walk through the door.

Bus?  Friends or other parents drop them off?  hitchhike?  Walk?  

• Love 6
14 hours ago, paulvdb said:

Ride their bike? That's what kids do here in The Netherlands.

I grew up in the suburbs of NJ and there were no sidewalks or bike lanes on the main streets. So if I wanted to go anywhere beyond my subdivision I’d have to ride in traffic. That wasn’t happening. 

In the city there’s public transportation and bike lanes and everything is nearby. But in the suburbs? Not so much.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, paulvdb said:

Ride their bike? That's what kids do here in The Netherlands.

Socially that would outcast an American kid because he didn't have a car. It is recreational riders  and later college students and younger workers who must arrange for their own commute who ride 

• Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Raja said:

Socially that would outcast an American kid because he didn't have a car. It is recreational riders  and later college students and younger workers who must arrange for their own commute who ride 

That most vary by location because  that has never been my experience.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Raja said:

Socially that would outcast an American kid because he didn't have a car.

Statistically, way fewer American teens drive today than before cell phones were ubiquitous.

Of course, 2019 cell phones probably cost as much as teenager's cars did in 1979.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 4
(edited)

I went to parochial school so all of my friends were all spread out all over the place.  It was practically impossible to meet up without a ride.  

Edited by kiddo82
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Statistically, way fewer American teens drive today than before cell phones were ubiquitous.

Of course, 2019 cell phones probably cost as much as teenager's cars did in 1979.

My first car cost $125.

• Love 2

In ~1991, I bought my cousin's 1977 Volkswagen Beetle for $750. One of the newer iPhones is $1000, which is bananas.

To tie this together, when I was a senior in high school ('92–'93), our valedictorian, who was the son of wealthy attorneys, was the only student to have a bag phone in his car, which if I remember correctly, was a Lexus. The head cheerleader drove a BMW. I was on my second car (also purchased myself after having wrecked the Beetle), a 1982 Mazda GLC that cost $1400. I drove it for seven years.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kiddo82 said:

I went to parochial school so all of my friends were all spread out all over the place.  It was practically impossible to meet up without a ride.  

How big was your parish?  I went to parish school too and while there were a lot of kids from the school within a few blocks, we were allowed to ride bikes to play with the ones across town.

(edited)
8 hours ago, Raja said:

You can't even drive until you're 16 anyway, which only leaves about 2 years of "childhood."  

Except for on TV, where kids have their licenses a good 4 or 5 years before they graduate HS.

Edited by Katy M
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ratgirlagogo said:

How big was your parish?  I went to parish school too and while there were a lot of kids from the school within a few blocks, we were allowed to ride bikes to play with the ones across town.

I should amend my earlier statement and say it was a Catholic school but not a parochial one.  (always thought they were synonymous but google tells me that's not always the case.  Who knew?) So yeah, I can see the confusion which is my bad.  But to answer your question it was sizable for a Catholic school and like I said, everyone was bused in from all over.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Katy M said:

You can't even drive until you're 16 anyway, which only leaves about 2 years of "childhood."  

Except for on TV, where kids have their licenses a good 4 or 5 years before they graduate HS.

Then you have to take into account before then we have evolved into a society where it is strange to see younger kids on their own. They are not longer given the freedom to ride off. When on a  bike they will be helmeted and in formation with their parents escorting the ride. The autonomy to visit really comes about the time states allow driving autos.

• Love 5

Even if they're allowed to drive, they're no longer allowed to borrow grandma's van and take 15 friends to Taco Bell for lunch (I used to do this). A lot of states (mine included) now allow no more than one friend in the car if you're under 18.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Well that is often because "high school" on TV takes at least 6 years.  They are in "high school", then juniors for a few years, then seniors, then they have a "senior year". 

And the "teenagers" are in their mid 20s. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, kiddo82 said:

I should amend my earlier statement and say it was a Catholic school but not a parochial one.  (always thought they were synonymous but google tells me that's not always the case.  Who knew?) So yeah, I can see the confusion which is my bad.  But to answer your question it was sizable for a Catholic school and like I said, everyone was bused in from all over.

If this was in Sacramento in the mid 90s 1997-2001, I may have been your librarian, LOL.

13 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Even if they're allowed to drive, they're no longer allowed to borrow grandma's van and take 15 friends to Taco Bell for lunch (I used to do this). A lot of states (mine included) now allow no more than one friend in the car if you're under 18.

In the early 70s, my sister drove at least 10 friends in her Volkswagen Bug to Chicago from 30 miles north.
Meanwhile I was hitchhiking across country.

I am glad parents watch kids more closely these days, although a lot of genre shows have teens surviving an apocalypse after all the parents are gone.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

If this was in Sacramento in the mid 90s, I may have been your librarian, LOL.

Haha!  That would have been something but it was NJ in the mid-late 90s.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

As I was sitting in the bathroom at Starbucks peeing today, it occurred to me that I can't think of any public bathroom I've been in that has a window.  Yet people on TV are always sneaking out of bathroom windows.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, janie jones said:

As I was sitting in the bathroom at Starbucks peeing today, it occurred to me that I can't think of any public bathroom I've been in that has a window.  Yet people on TV are always sneaking out of bathroom windows.

I think I've seen some. High, small, and with glass you can't see through. I've never tried to climb through one of these windows, so I don't know if they are climbable. And no, I'm not going to do any field research.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, janie jones said:

I've been to places that have restrooms with windows appropriate for climbing out of. Thinking about it I can't think of any chains or franchises with windows. They are all independently owned restaurants or bars.

• Useful 2
12 hours ago, janie jones said:

Now, you realize I'm going to have to make it a point to go into every public bathroom I encounter and look for windows. Because, you're right.  Off the top of my head I can't think of any.  Heck, the bathroom in my apartment doesn't have a window.  I know the one at work doesn't.  Nor do the two restaurants in town I most frequent. Or the ones at the pool.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Which now makes me wonder what Lucy on Big Bang Theory would do if an establishment didn't have a bathroom window for her to escape out of?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kariyaki said:

Which now makes me wonder what Lucy on Big Bang Theory would do if an establishment didn't have a bathroom window for her to escape out of?

She's probably just stay cowered on the bathroom floor for a couple of hours.

• Love 5

I stopped at a gas station on a recent trip home from visiting my parents, who live about 80 miles from me. The bathroom in the store had a glass block window. There's no way I could escape a crazed axe murderer through that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I can think of a number of more-or-less public restrooms with windows (my first place of employment, several restaurants, a local mall before remodeling, the university’s hockey rink) but they’re all either frosted glass that doesn’t open, designed to let in free light but not views, or too high off the ground to be useful as an exit point. 

There’s a posh business club around here that’s famous (infamous?) for the views from the restroom, but again, too high up to climb out of.

Edited by jennblevins
Attack of the extra spaces!
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, jennblevins said:

I can think of a number of more-or-less public restrooms with windows (my first place of employment, several restaurants, a local mall before remodeling, the university’s hockey rink) but they’re all either frosted glass that doesn’t open, designed to let in free light but not views, or too high off the ground to be useful as an exit point. 

There’s a posh business club around here that’s famous (infamous?) for the views from the restroom, but again, too high up to climb out of.

Wow. Come for the facilities, stay for the vertigo.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 6/5/2019 at 12:03 AM, jennblevins said:

I've peed in that bathroom! Our office had a Christmas party there one year. A police helicopter was flying by at the time, but I think the windows are one-way glass and no one can see in, or possibly I just like to think that. It's only the women's bathroom that has the windows, and a lot of the men at the party wanted to go in to see it and would ask their wives to escort them so they wouldn't get arrested.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I've peed in that bathroom! Our office had a Christmas party there one year. A police helicopter was flying by at the time, but I think the windows are one-way glass and no one can see in, or possibly I just like to think that. It's only the women's bathroom that has the windows, and a lot of the men at the party wanted to go in to see it and would ask their wives to escort them so they wouldn't get arrested.

With the toilet right next to the sink, it looks like it would be a single use bathroom, so what difference would it make, man or woman using it?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

With the toilet right next to the sink, it looks like it would be a single use bathroom, so what difference would it make, man or woman using it?

There were several stalls in the bathroom and each stall had its own sink. I think there was also a bank of sinks outside the stalls as well, although I wouldn't swear to it.

• Useful 1

When someone is running to get onto an elevator and the doors close in their face, they always pound on the doors in anger. Granted, they're usually chasing the person who got on the elevator and closed the doors, but still. I would think that would hurt. 

• Love 3