Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Eleventh Hour

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

hanks, Mom of Jon, for letting him know he's a "failure," and that "we don't like failure."

Thays not at all how I took it. She prefaced it by saying that all divorces hurt no matter the circumstances because it is a failure and we as humans don't like failure so its hard and it hurts.

Ryan probably thinks "negging" is an effective way to get women.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Gobears said:

Instead, next week we'll probably get a 2-hour episode where we will get recaps of each couple's marriage and we can skip directly to the last half-hour for the actual decisions. 

Excellent point, I will definitely plan to record and FF to the end.

My thought process while watching this show has changed over the seasons.  I used to watch to find out how it was going to turn out in the end.  Now, I watch to find out why these people never found "the one" on their own before the show. 

• Love 7

Last night's version of the podcast unfortunately went up with a few minutes of housekeeping conversation at the end. If you already downloaded it: delete it, close out of your podcast app, reopen, and download the clean version. Sorry about that! We promise to get these wrinkles ironed out...before the end of the season, sigh.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Did anyone else think it was odd that when Ryan gave Jackie the necklace, she tried to kiss him a few times and he didn't kiss her? It was like on her 4th-5th lean in he finally gave her a quick closed mouth peck. Either he was so busy talking he didn't notice that she wanted a kiss? or they just aren't on the same wavelength? I think Jackie wanted the necklace gift to be a more big romantic moment and Ryan just wanted to talk about where her got the necklace.

Molly just annoyed me tonight. Somehow she is going to turn Jon into a mean bad guy. Does she forgot when she is talking to the women, that she told them she wasn't even holding hands or kissing Jon yet but this week she said she tried everything to make it work. I'm pretty sure if she had tried kissing Jon or holding his hand he would have gone along with it (or at least during the first few weeks) so no Molly you didn't try everything. 

I kind of feel like with Molly and Jon already done, the experts will put extra pressure on both couples to stay together on decision day and they will stay together, but for how long? 

My husband asked me if Molly and Jon could get an annulment because they never consummated the marriage? I thought for some reasons the people on the show had to file for divorce? 

I have a feeling production had that necklace made and Ryan was more than happy to take credit for it on camera because it makes him look good. I think after the Jon and Molly implosion they were desperate for the other two couples to have a shot and Jackie looks ready to walk. She did lean in for the kiss but Ryan is well past the stage of wanting to kiss her. As someone pointed out dude actually gave her his cheek when she first came in...he does not care for her at this point.

Jackie is such a great gal and deserves so much better. He really should have appreciated her warmth and kindness more, but he is way too stupid. I had a "Ryan" pursue me once and these types of guys are all about the chase. It was one of the reasons he was trying so hard at the wedding. Once they "catch" you the interest level goes way down because in truth it is all about them, not you.  It is sort of like playing a video game you are obsessed with, but once you conquer the final level you put it down and never think about it again. It also speaks to how childish this idiot is and how no one would think he was ready for serious commitments.

I have no problem with people who want to remain single, just do not go on a show about getting married at first sight when you are obviously not ready (this goes for Molly and Ryan).

I hope Jackie and Jon find happiness and love on their own terms...at least they both came off well on the show.

• Love 13

Jackie wake up! I realize she didn't hear what Ryan told the guys but he wouldn't even kiss her so that should tell her something. When Ryan was so cold and said he wouldn't feel anything I'd they just split up. Ouch! He does not give a shit about Jackie. And him saying new york was one of their best 3 days together. Um really after the huge blow up and Jackie storming off? That was a great day? As someone else said Ryan wants a fuck buddy. I don't understand how a Jackie is completely blind sided... Ryan has no interest in Jackie or marriage. He's made that pretty clear. 

I don't care for Molly but soemthing about Jon rubs me the wrong way. Like there is something  they aren't showing us. I hope I'm wrong and thst Jon is actually a great guy. Shawniece and jephte will stay married but will they last? Probably not. Jephte is so immature and unbending. Shawniece is needy and has unrealistic  expectations. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, kira28 said:

Jackie wake up! I realize she didn't hear what Ryan told the guys but he wouldn't even kiss her so that should tell her something. When Ryan was so cold and said he wouldn't feel anything I'd they just split up. Ouch! He does not give a shit about Jackie. And him saying new york was one of their best 3 days together. Um really after the huge blow up and Jackie storming off? That was a great day? As someone else said Ryan wants a fuck buddy. I don't understand how a Jackie is completely blind sided... Ryan has no interest in Jackie or marriage. He's made that pretty clear. 

I don't care for Molly but soemthing about Jon rubs me the wrong way. Like there is something  they aren't showing us. I hope I'm wrong and thst Jon is actually a great guy. Shawniece and jephte will stay married but will they last? Probably not. Jephte is so immature and unbending. Shawniece is needy and has unrealistic  expectations. 

I know someone who married a guy who is extremely social. He goes out almost every day of the week for something or other. He rarely stays home with her. This person has accepted that the guy will not ever put the needs of the marriage before his needs and has sort of accepted it. They have very wisely decided not to have children.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I have a feeling production had that necklace made and Ryan was more than happy to take credit for it on camera because it makes him look good. I think after the Jon and Molly implosion they were desperate for the other two couples to have a shot and Jackie looks ready to walk. She did lean in for the kiss but Ryan is well past the stage of wanting to kiss her. As someone pointed out dude actually gave her his cheek when she first came in...he does not care for her at this point.

Jackie is such a great gal and deserves so much better. He really should have appreciated her warmth and kindness more, but he is way too stupid. I had a "Ryan" pursue me once and these types of guys are all about the chase. It was one of the reasons he was trying so hard at the wedding. Once they "catch" you the interest level goes way down because in truth it is all about them, not you.  It is sort of like playing a video game you are obsessed with, but once you conquer the final level you put it down and never think about it again. It also speaks to how childish this idiot is and how no one would think he was ready for serious commitments.

I have no problem with people who want to remain single, just do not go on a show about getting married at first sight when you are obviously not ready (this goes for Molly and Ryan).

I hope Jackie and Jon find happiness and love on their own terms...at least they both came off well on the show.

Right.  I think Molly did it for the exposure, Ryan made an ass out of himself at the Fire Dept. , Jackie was seriously looking for love, and Jon .. I  don't know.  Maybe Jepthe and Shawnice will make it, I hope, as she will cry her eyes out and be uncontrollable.  Maybe Jacklyn & Jon will get together as they have something in common besides adventure?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Jon’s mom is about as warm as Molly.

Brrrr.

Thought for a second Mom was going to slap Jon full across the face...yelling “Snap out of it”

I am guessing the reason Jon's mom seemed so cold was that was all made up for the camera. I suspect Jon told his mom immediately off camera and the whole "Where is Molly...I was expecting to see her" was reenacted so the show can have footage. I am hoping in real time his mother gave him a giant hug and told him things were going to get better and he was lucky that he would not be yoked to the wrong person for life.

• Love 7

What the heck were Shawniece and Jep arguing about in the car? Something about who was supposed to drive or one car needing gas or some other bullshit? They had my head spinning. They are so childish! I want to know who gets the puppy dog because they are clearly not going to make it. I think they may actually try and stay together for a few weeks after the show but their immaturity will get the best of them. 

Shallow observances: Molly's skin looked worse than ever, the acne has traveled over to the other side of her face. Girl, you ain't all that...

Jackie- I love her, she deserves the best,  but can't she ever wash or brush that stringy, mousy hair of hers? Get a style, for godsakes! 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9

Dr. Jessica said Jon was emotionally immature...his inner child is still looking for unconditional love and acceptance.

Let’s audit the females in Jon’s life...

Dawn...nope. Claws out and ready to scratch.

Mom...not when he brings bad news.

She was bummed because now this will strain her text friendship with Molly’s Mom

Molly...she just reinforced that despite doing everything he can...Love is not happening...again.

Manicured Claws out.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6

Ryan may want to dump before being dumped. He began manipulating those around him & viewers for this a few episodes ago when he began complaining about Jaclyn over problems he caused.

I think anyone who tries to do this show with the right intentions may be smart in holding off sex, given it's very difficult to know what the other person's intentions may be. I think in some cases the real person isn't going to show until the cameras leave. Case in point, Vanessa & Trey: she threw it all out there & he was a player faking for the camera -who stopped having sex with her once the filming stopped. Now Jaclyn & Ryan - She gave it her all; he played until he was tired of it. They didn't sign up for a real marriage - they just wanted to fuck someone new for a few weeks then move on.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Molly just annoyed me tonight. Somehow she is going to turn Jon into a mean bad guy. Does she forgot when she is talking to the women, that she told them she wasn't even holding hands or kissing Jon yet but this week she said she tried "everything" to make it work. I'm pretty sure if she had tried kissing Jon or holding his hand he would have gone along with it (or at least during the first few weeks) so no Molly you didn't try everything

My husband asked me if Molly and Jon could get an annulment because they never consummated the marriage? I thought for some reasons the people on the show had to file for divorce? 

I have no idea about what Massachusetts laws are concerning annulments. Maybe they could, but these days the part about "not consummating the marriage" isn't usually the main issue.

Unless they're Catholic, of course. If they had a Catholic Church wedding, and they want to remain Catholics in good standing, getting an "annulment' within that church, by church rules, should be possible for them since the marriage was never consummated.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1

I am furious and sick and tired of Molly saying "I thought we had so much in common."   You dimwit .. You had eight weeks to have SEX in common, and I didn't even see u trying to hold his hand or give him some hugs or anything.  I just want to pull her hair out at this point.  LIAR !!!!  What the hell did he ever see in her anyhow?  I don't get it.  He should be celebrating.  Oh, and Molly .. You look like a fucking string bean.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Once Ryan heard that Jon was going to get a divorce and be single, it's almost like he flipped a switch thinking, hey I can be single again too!  Then he started his justification for this by complaining about Jackie.  His priority is still going out with the boys and he doesn't think he deserves having to compromise.  Even if he has second thoughts (which he probably will) this relationship is doomed. 

Right? That was quick turn around! They guy is so transparent.

• Love 2

Ryan: I think prior to filming, Ryan bought a copy of Making Marriage Work for Dummies. But instead of taking the time to read it, he simply skimmed the text and memorized the chapter headings. That's why in his TH's, he seems to be saying the right things about how to have a successful marriage.

If I were Dr. Phil (and thank God I'm not), I'd sit Ryan's platitude-spouting ass right down and as soon as he started with that crap, I'd stop him mid-sentence and say "Okay - now tell me how you're going to DO that - and put some VERBS into your sentences!"

Because to Ryan, how to have a good relationship is nothing but theory. He's clueless about what actions HE needs to take to achieve a good relationship - with any woman.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I have no idea about what Massachusetts laws are concerning annulments. Maybe they could, but these days the part about "not consummating the marriage" isn't usually the main issue.

Unless they're Catholic, of course. If they had a Catholic Church wedding, and they want to remain Catholics in good standing, getting an "annulment' within that church, by church rules, should be possible for them since the marriage was never consummated.

I think annulments are pretty difficult to get in general.  The marriage wasn't consummated and I think Jon could have a decent case for fraud (as several others in the past on this show) since it seems like Molly did not enter the marriage in good faith.  But it all depends on the state they're in. 

6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I am furious and sick and tired of Molly saying "I thought we had so much in common."   You dimwit .. You had eight weeks to have SEX in common, and I didn't even see u trying to hold his hand or give him some hugs or anything.  I just want to pull her hair out at this point.  LIAR !!!!  What the hell did he ever see in her anyhow?  I don't get it.  He should be celebrating.  Oh, and Molly .. You look like a fucking string bean.

I'm pretty sick of her saying that too, so I agree with you there.  But thank god they didn't have sex, really.  Look at how terrible and disrespectful she's been to Jon.  I've never been one who feels there should be a timeline on sex or either party made to feel that they SHOULD be having sex.  They're married yes, but they did marry a complete stranger at the altar.   Jamie and Doug didn't have sex until right before decision day, if I'm remembering correctly, or right after?   The bigger issue is not only Molly's horrific verbal treatment but she never seemed to want to get to know him or show him any type of baby steps to affection, like a hug or hand holding.  I'm amazed that Jon stuck it out for as long as he did.  I think he would have been okay with no sex up to this point had she treated him well and was at least showing interest in him.

43 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Once Ryan heard that Jon was going to get a divorce and be single, it's almost like he flipped a switch thinking, hey I can be single again too!  Then he started his justification for this by complaining about Jackie.  His priority is still going out with the boys and he doesn't think he deserves having to compromise.  Even if he has second thoughts (which he probably will) this relationship is doomed. 

Ha!  I wondered this too.  If Jon and Jephte had shown up for the dinner with stories about how amazing their marriages were and they were all in come decision day, would Ryan have done a 180?  Probably.  He seems to want to follow the crowd, but top everyone else's story.

Neither Ryan nor Jephte seemed shocked at Jon's admission so I'm guessing Molly's attitude and treatment were not news to them at this point.

• Love 10

Everything that comes out of Ryan's mouth sounds to me like either 16-year old speak or Hallmark Cards. He really doesn't understand- at all- what it's like to be committed to another human being.  From the beginning, I found him massively immature and always trying to be "one of the guys" while all the guys were probably laughing behind his back.  I just can't understand why Jackie is so oblivious to his shallow personality. The only excuse I can think of is that she is still shell-shocked from the loss of her true love, and that she has put 100% faith in the "experts" who matched them. She mentions this constantly: "I know we were matched for a reason."  She overall seems thoughtful, level-headed and interesting; it's baffling that she still is viewing Ryan through rose-colored glasses- as if at some point it will all make sense and the stars will align.  Sadly, that isn't going to happen. Her entire description of being blind-sided revealed how hard she's worked in trying to ignore his obvious immaturity, selfishness and overall douchiness.

Molly had a very interesting take on Jon when talking to Jackie: "He's made it clear that he doesn't want to try anymore," as if he just threw in the towel and tossed her aside.  Her chilly attitude is so obvious when watching them. My theory on her is this: She lost Daddy, her #1 Main Man who saw no wrong in her (or so she relates) at the age of 18. At that point, her growth as a woman and transition to becoming a mature individual who has adult relationships stopped.  She has Daddy issues. Every man she dates or whoever she eventually marries must love her totally unconditionally, never criticize her and never think she is anything but a Perfect Princess.  And she does not need to exert any effort into the relationship.  She needs counseling.

As for Jephte and Shawniece, although they are the most likely to survive beyond decision day, they are exhausting. She wants everything-from grocery shopping to driving in the car to watching TV- to be a COUPLES' BONDING EXPERIENCE involving TEAMWORK and being ALL IN.  It's exhausting to watch, and I'm sure to live- which results in Jephte shutting down. I would be waving my arms around and saying "GIVE ME SOME SPACE!!!"  So he's developed a pouting routine and once she hounds him enough, he insults her and she cries and they argue about what to most of us is seemingly nothing.  (Whose car to drive?  Really?) I appreciate that they seem to get over their tiffs fairly rapidly, but the drama is way too much.  That said, Jephte is the only one of the men who respects his wife even when away from her- you can tell he is careful not to tell tales out of school when hanging with his bros at dinner.  That is an admirable trait. To me, guys who complain about their wives behind their backs are pretty disrespectful spouses.  

Edited by KateHearts
  • Love 14

At one time I believed Ryan to be redeemable and he may have just enough good qualities to be successful. Any hope I had for that was totally destroyed by Ryan's mouth. I assume the couples don't see the video of Ryan and the other guys until we see it. Imagine if Ryan and Jackie do agree to stay marry and they are watching last nights episode where Ryan says to the other men he doesn't give a rat's ass if Jaclyn leaves.  Here's a woman he married, been having a sexual relationship with yet apparently if she collapsed and died on their kitchen he'd call the coroner and tell him to take the trash out. God bless Jackie that poor woman wears her heart on her sleeve. I watched the scene of Jackie and Molly together and in my opinion Jackie is more attractive than Molly. I don't know about Jon and Jackie getting married but go dating why not? They have a lot in common.  

I predicted Molly would play the victim, deny any fault on her part. I fully believe she snookered the producers and everyone involved. It could be that she was so completely turned off by Jon's immature ways on their first night that it was doomed from there forward but it was probably doomed anyway. She has no empathy for anyone but herself. I don't believe she invested a dime emotionally into their marriage. If she's upset its only because she's exposed herself to derision.

Jephete and Shawnice have the best chance at a successful marriage. Its nice he hopes the guys will remain friends and stay in touch.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Molly had a very interesting take on Jon when talking to Jackie: "He's made it clear that he doesn't want to try anymore," as if he just threw in the towel and tossed her aside.  Her chilly attitude is so obvious when watching them. My theory on her is this: She lost Daddy, her #1 Main Man who saw no wrong in her (or so she relates) at the age of 18. At that point, her growth as a woman and transition to becoming a mature individual who has adult relationships stopped.  She has Daddy issues. Every man she dates or whoever she eventually marries must love her totally unconditionally, never criticize her and never think she is anything but a Perfect Princess.  And she does not need to exert any effort into the relationship.  She needs counseling.

Jephte is the only one of the men who respects his wife even when away from her- you can tell he is careful not to tell tales out of school when hanging with his bros at dinner.  That is an admirable trait. To me, guys who complain about their wives behind their backs are pretty disrespectful spouses.  

And what about the things that the wives say about their husbands, when it's just the girls? Although I'm inclined to agree with you about Jephte being respectful to Shawniece by not 'telling tales out of school,' the so-called 'experts' who put these people together in the first place have made it clear that they decided to arrange for the couples to meet and socialize with each other specifically so the wives and husbands would hang out together without their spouses and talk things over with 'the only people who can really understand what they're going through'. I'm not sure it was such a great idea, judging by the way Molly and Ryan have been gaslighting their spouses and planting gossip in the minds of the other wives/husbands. 

As for Molly's "Daddy issues," I couldn't agree more! She is looking for a man she can manipulate as completely as she did with her Daddy, a man who will agree with Molly herself that she's already perfect in every way and doesn't need to change a thing. (And that, of course, is the reason Molly probably won't ever go to a therapist for her "Daddy issues".)

Probably just as well. It would take decades of therapy for a shrink to try to help Molly become a halfway decent human being, and (even so) the chances of that therapy being successful are very slim.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

And what about the things that the wives say about their husbands, when it's just the girls? Although I'm inclined to agree with you about Jephte being respectful to Shawniece by not 'telling tales out of school,' the so-called 'experts' who put these people together in the first place have made it clear that they decided to arrange for the couples to meet and socialize with each other specifically so the wives and husbands would hang out together without their spouses and talk things over with 'the only people who can really understand what they're going through'. I'm not sure it was such a great idea, judging by the way Molly and Ryan have been gaslighting their spouses and planting gossip in the minds of the other wives/husbands. 

I agree, but I think there are ways people can discuss their marriages with outsiders that can reflect respect and maintaining privacy for their spouses.  Sure, let them all talk about their uncertainties and how weird this whole experiment is. But sometimes they seem to just use a night with the guys/girls to talk trash behind the other spouse's back. Ryan specifically comes to mind- he "recalled" coming home to Jackie (after a night out when she stayed home sick) that she was nagging him and generally complained about her.  

And yes- their recall can leave a lot to be desired.  Molly keeps insisting that Jon "yelled at her" and "twisted her words." I think she's had some time to clean up the bar escapade in her mind. Now it's " he took it out of context," and "I meant that his recording me was disgusting, not that HE is disgusting." And also blaming his giving up totally on the fact that they hadn't had sex.  Watching their clips, she is so stiff and uncomfortable around him, he finally accepted the obvious- that she was not at all romantically interested and possibly turned off by him physically.  (I think she liked him- briefly- as a pal, someone who could share "adventures" with.) Why she insisted that her feelings might grow-? For TV only, IMO.

• Love 5

DrewPaul2010, you are so right about Ryan. My dh and I agree that any couple who agrees to stay married should not watch the footage. I cannot even grasp how devastated I would be to hear my dh speak about me the way Ryan did. If Jackie is too swept up in her desire for marriage to dump him, I pray he dumps her because not being married to Ryan can turn out to be the greatest blessing of her life.

We also noticed how different each person's representations of their "second honeymoon" arguments were from the footage we all saw. Had to take note for my own future conversational retelling of events. LOL

Regarding Molly, I think her sister knows Molly is FOS and just couldn't express it on camera. I have worn the look she had during that scene in the coffee shop while listening to a friend I know is cray, but won't hear reason about herself.

I also agree that J & S have the best chance of this bunch for future happiness together.

Edited by red12
  • Love 5

When Jepthe said he wasn't in love with Shawniece yet, I started thinking: what happens when he does fall in love? I like him and think he is trying, but one of the reasons I think Shawniece gets so teary and emotional is because she knows he doesn't feel that way towards her. I think they are both trying and might keep trying, but I don't think it will work out in the end. I understand when people say in the old days, people grew into marriage etc; but that is not how people respond emotionally today. In those days, women couldn't support themselves, people stayed in one place and limited options etc. Now, people do expect to fall in love (most people). Jepthe is trying to provide a good experience and be a good role model as a teacher, but he doesn't really feel it for Shawniece. She is a sweet person and deserves someone who really loves her, I'm just not convinced it's Jepthe.

Jackie is another likable person but I have never been sure she was ready for marriage, and Ryan is annoying and a jerk so no way do these two make it. As for Jon and Molly:

If Molly is too shy to see a man in his underwear, she really has no business getting married to a stranger. She doesn't owe Jon sex of any kind, but she should have been upfront at not wanting to see a man partially undressed, not wanting hand holding or intimacy of any kind. Not sure who they could have fixed her up with had she been honest, but at least Jon wouldn't have been so hurt. I also thought Jon's mother seemed cold. Even if it were a reenactment, I would only say positive things to my kid. Maybe she was kind of joking around? it's hard to say.

I like this show but they need to put more effort into getting to know the participants. Maybe talk to their friends and family to find out what kind of person they are and what they are looking for, it seems like the 'therapists' are looking more on what they think the person needs than what the person wants. That is good in terms of therapy, but not in terms of a life partner. It would be nice if needs and wants came together, but if you want a wife who likes to go out all the time and party, you will not be happy with a quiet woman who wants to stay home. I'm convinced Jepthe wanted a super model type who also had a prestigious job and instead he got a smart, cute woman who is a hairdresser. I have no idea what Molly wanted or expected since I don't think she was being honest from day one. I think Jon wanted a pretty, fit, outgoing woman who liked to work out and have fun which is kind of opposite of Molly outside of the thin part. I'm not sure she ever really has fun. 

• Love 6

Ryan.  You pathetically worthless, arrogant, drunken bum.  I hope you stay forever single after this and live alone.  You deserve yourself. 

Jackie:  You poor, sweet, lost, little soul.  You needed to heal before you married anyone, let alone marry some creepy stranger picked for you by a group of egotistical, manipulating, experimenting dweebs.  They are anything but experts.  If they had a clue and were worth a tinkers damn regarding marriage, you would have never been paired with Ryan or anyone.  They would have advised you to take another year or two and work on becoming your own person.

Molly:  You narcissistic pathological liar.   I don't wish you on anyone.   

Jon:  You blind door mat.  Get a backbone and keep yourself free from those women who may look okay on the outside but are truly ugly on the inside.   Take a real close look at your mother.  Kind of a cold bitch.  Maybe that's why you were willing to put up with Molly's cruelty.  You don't know any better. 

Jephte:  You are SUCH a quiet screamer.  Arguing about whose car you had to take somewhere???  Really?  That's all you have to grouse about? 

And WTF were you thinking, bringing a hapless, puppy into a marriage that already has enough problems without adding an innocent being to a "dysfunctional by design" relationship?   Would you have brought a human baby home?  If not, then why a baby dog? That poor little puppy has been so scared every time I've seen it, I have to wonder what's happening behind the scenes at your not so peaceful household.   Even when Jackie visited and tried to pick Kiki up all that poor baby did was cower and try to get away from her.  WTH

Shawniece:  Get a grip, darlin'.  Grow up.  Being married means two independent people CHOOSE to be together, not a husband being FORCED to be with you every second, of every minute of every day.   Geez.  Find another interest and stop obsessing over Jephte.   Give that puppy some of your endlessly, relentless attention. 

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

Give that puppy some of your endlessly, relentless attention. 

Now we know why Jephte got the puppy - hoping she'll leave him alone more. 

I hope "Keke" belongs to a production person & is just a prop who goes home after filming is done.

• Love 11

I like Shawniece a lot but I would go nuts married to her. I'm happy to spend time with people I love/like but I also need some alone time to recharge*, so I would have to tell Shawniece, "Look, I need you to give me half an hour. I'm going to read. Just please leave me alone for a little bit" without it being an indictment of her or the marriage. I would go insane with someone who needs to be with me all the time. Do we have to do every errand together? 

I think some of it is the novelty of a new relationship; you do tend to do the "couple bubble" thing when you meet someone you really like. It just seems like Jephte needs less of that time than Shawniece does and they haven't worked out a balance yet. Shawniece does need to learn to take things less personally.

*This is part of why I don't like when the experts pair an introverted person with an extroverted person to "bring them out of their shell" because who says they need it? 

• Love 12

Ryan wants to be Ralph Kramden to his very own Alice, only with more nights out with the guys and more beer.

I think it is more like Ryan wants a wife who can be turned off and placed in a closet when he doesn't have any need for her.  Basically, she would exist so Ryan could tell "his boys" he had a wife, but otherwise she would have no real function in his life. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What the heck were Shawniece and Jep arguing about in the car? Something about who was supposed to drive or one car needing gas or some other bullshit? They had my head spinning. They are so childish! I want to know who gets the puppy dog because they are clearly not going to make it. I think they may actually try and stay together for a few weeks after the show but their immaturity will get the best of them. 

Shallow observances: Molly's skin looked worse than ever, the acne has traveled over to the other side of her face. Girl, you ain't all that...

Jackie- I love her, she deserves the best,  but can't she ever wash or brush that stringy, mousy hair of hers? Get a style, for godsakes! 

They are good for each other but Shawniece is ruining it. Girl needs to chill. She has these lofty ideals about how marriage is supposed to be and wants this immediately instead of seeing the uniqueness of their situation. Like the thing with the cell phone she kept saying But there needs to be Trust, there needs to be trust in a marriage--- when they knew each other 2 weeks. There will be trust but that takes time! In the corn field she had this whole high and mighty ideal about how he was supposed to be and how things could be perfect if he just did this instead of just going with the flow and relaxing. 

They could work if they had some therapy where they learned to communicate properly, where they just learned how to argue or have a disagreement and break the destructive pattern they are in. They need just to learn a few simple communication/arguing techniques to stop something that is absolutely nothing turning into a big huge blow out.  This is sad because they are good for each other but both push the wrong button and everything blows up when it is nothing! This will go on forever unless they worked on it. I really thinki it is possible - when you say A, you should not respond like B and so forth. A lot of couples have this thing where their argument pattern is toxic. She really bothers me with all the principles she keeps espousing instead of coming back to earth and dealing with the here and now.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I also need some alone time to recharge*, so I would have to tell Shawniece, "Look, I need you to give me half an hour. I'm going to read. Just please leave me alone for a little bit" without it being an indictment of her or the marriage. I would go insane with someone who needs to be with me all the time. Do we have to do every errand together? 

Exactly. And what would happen? She would dissolve into tears and beg to know why you don't want to accompany her to the bathroom, watch her cook dinner, or sit in locked arms with her and watch TV.  Totally exhausting.

• Love 3

The people who go on this show have to realize by now that they are selected for how much drama they may cause not because they are actually good candidates or are even interested in marriage. From past seasons David was a loser nowhere near ready for marriage begin financially. Basement Ryan had a girlfriend. Trey didn't want to be married and was cheating. Nate was a Cheater.. Who hid behind his faith and destroyed a woman I believe truly wanted to be married. Derrick was a, pot smoking slacker who worked an entry level job at a call center. Sean was a loser who wanted exposure, not marriage. And this season they pick a guy who has never really even had a relationship beyond hook ups at the fire station. And another who hasn't ever seriously dated someone. No freaking way these guys were ready for marriage. You have to at least be in a serious relationship to learn to be able to compromise and relate to another person and to even know what you want in a marriage. Jephte flies off the handle at the smallest things. He seems to have no ability to share experiences with another person. I can see him trying bit he gets upset over everything. I get it woukd be annoying that Shawniece offers to drive and then 24 hours later she acts like she never offered and jephte has, to drive but chill man. It's not the deal breaker you are making it into. 

If Ryan can not even commit to and make time for a woman for 8 weeks  no way in  hell should he be married. He was stepping out on Jackie with his boys in what week 2? If he lost interest and Jackie became so replacable that quickly  there was never any hope for them. I don't understand how Jackie doesn't see what a huge douchebag Ryan is. 

Jon saying Molly ruined his life... I don't get that. It's 2 months of your life dude. If he was smart he would have been going on interviews and had a job at the end of the 8 weeks. Him acting like he's homeless was dumb, he got money from the show so he should be OK. 

• Love 7

I honestly don't know how Jackie has put up with Ryan for the past 8 weeks of this show... What a narcissist.

Seems like Shawniece and Jephte are always bickering about something.

It's about time Molly and Jon decided to end it. I think Molly was done after week 1, but there had to have been money involved because why else would both Molly & Jon put up with each other when they couldn't stand one another?

• Love 2

I don't think Jephte and Shawniece are well suited to each other. You just can't force someone to be openly loving and affectionate if they're not naturally so, and ESPECIALLY if they don't really share the intensity of your feelings. 

That said, watching Jephte with the other guys...he's not perfect, but he's streets ahead of the other two as far as decency and maturity goes. (I don't really like Jon. He doesn't deserve Molly's shittiness, but I still think he's immature and self-obsessed). It would be nice to see Jephte grow to care about Shawniece because they both seem like good people, but I don't have high hopes.

When Ryan immediately changed his tune about marriage as soon as Jon told them that he and Molly were kaput, I got a real George Costanza vibe from him. When Elaine was dating Dan Cortese, George developed a mancrush on him, all "He's just a cool guy! I've never really hung out with a cool guy before!" And he started doing everything just like the Cool Guy. I get that vibe from Ryan. He wants so much to do what the cool guys do, because he himself is such a douchebag loser.  Jackie should be overjoyed that he's giving her an easy out.

• Love 6

I know this is a little off-topic, but how do we get a discussion area for Love at First Flight.  I know the show is almost over, but there's still good stuff to discuss, especially with the whole Vegas show debacle with Stephanie and Ryan (and I had really liked them together!).

• Love 1
5 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

That's why in his TH's, he seems to be saying the right things about how to have a successful marriage

I agree.  All along Ryan has been saying how much he really wants a wife.  He’s been lying to us and the experts.  I can understand how Jackie seems clueless because she is believing his words instead of his actions.  I bet once she saw the show and how much bad talking he did about her to others behind her back she felt really bad for believing his BS.

• Love 2

If Shauniece says "unit" one more time...  Credit given to Jephte for being respectful of her when they're apart.  

Mind boggling that Molly's reasons for being done are that she won't be with someone who's not patient and that Jon doesn't want to try to make it work. Girl's got more spin than Maytag and I imagine only a select few will buy that big bag of BS.  

Ryan is easily one of the biggest idiots who's ever taken a breath of life. I thought maybe he was afraid of being dumped but dismissed that idea, partly because he thinks he's great and partly because she caves and is all smiles once he feeds her his Hallmark horse poop. Going to be so very disappointed if she doesn't run away screaming next week.   

• Love 4

It seems like 3 theories about Molly keep coming up, either she had zero attraction to Jon, was turned off by his unemployment or she got turned off by his immature ways. 

Lets says she had no attraction to him,zero. That she 100% knew when she saw him she would never be able to be attracted to him, could she have backed out? or is their something in their contract that says they have to get married? Since the weddings do not happen on the same day and the couples get less then 2 weeks notice, could the show not replace a couple with one of their second choices  without us knowing (of course they should never show a couple that backed out). 

I felt bad for Jon going to have to tell his mom. He has said how his parents divorce was dragged out over years and how hard it was. I don't think he wanted to go through a divorce ever. At least his divorce to Molly should be very easy, just will take time for filing.

I'm confused about Molly's backstory. Did she come from a wealthy family? I thought I remember she said after her dad died they had money issues? but then one week she said something about her high school, like it had an indoor rock wall? something that didn't seem like it would be a public school (unless in a high tax area).  

Molly, her sisters and mom may have rented their 2 bedroom apartment in a rich school district, hence the indoor rock wall.

Molly said they had money problems since her Dad died within weeks of going to the MD for a stomach ache.

If Shawniece says unit one more time she better be referencing Jephte's penis....

If Jackie gets her bridal bouquet pendant wet...will it blow up like Sponge Bob?

Jon would get a ticket for wearing his shoulder seat belt under his left boob...women can't do it neither should he...

Ryan perked up when Jon informed the grooms he was getting a divorce.

Ryan's thought bubble...Glad I don't have to gnaw my foot off to get out of the Jackie trap...I'll use Jon as my cover as we exit the building (paint balling defense tactic).

Even Jephte was thinking...Phew!...I'm not the one who wants out...Keke and I can make a getaway...

• Love 2
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh, you are so right.  Not nice to say, but, I counted seven bumps on Molly's right cheek.  Wonder if it's stress or has she seen a dermatologist?  Jaclyn has to get with it and get a good haircut and some highlites.  It always looks greasy.  I'm surprised as they are on national t.v.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Have something half nice to say about Ryan...

Dude can cook..Lumberjack portions of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, buttered loaf bread and adult beverages...

I saw a piece of bell pepper in the meatloaf...so vegs covered...

That could be a plus... kind of negated by his bragging about how "the girls aren't eating this good!" to his bro friends.  That was a firehouse meal if I ever saw one- right down to the giant potato vat.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Have something half nice to say about Ryan...

Dude can cook..Lumberjack portions of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, buttered loaf bread and adult beverages...

I saw a piece of bell pepper in the meatloaf...so vegs covered...

Firefighters often are very good cooks. 

• Love 4

Kudos to Shawniece's Taco Tuesday...

Tostitos Scoops! are perfect...filling each tiny bowl with meat, cheese, salsa and sour cream...every bowl a perfect bite...

The frozen Margaritas were that neon shade of yellow-green that signals...yum...brain freeze!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

To me that fight looked staged because they both kind of laughed at the end, one of those, 'isn't this stupid' laughs.  

I don't know if anybody can do whatever "better" means.  Everybody has something that's not "right" about them.  The thing with Jaclyn is that she wants certain things in a relationship that Ryan cannot give her.  Someone once told me there's a lid for every pot.  

Jaclyn and Ryan will be unhappy together because neither of them has what the other one wants.  Jephte and Shawnice are both immature, both of them need to grow up and hopefully they'll grow up together.  

I understand when people say in the old days, people grew into marriage etc; but that is not how people respond emotionally today. In those days, women couldn't support themselves, people stayed in one place and limited options etc. Now, people do expect to fall in love (most people).

I think this is one of the issues with relationships today.  We believe that there are an unlimited number of people out there for us.  When people stayed in one place people knew there weren't an unlimited number of people so they made do with what they had.  I don't think people should stay in abusive situations, but not all of those situations were abusive.    There might not be anybody else out there for Jaclyn but I think she'd be better off alone than with Ryan, because with Ryan, she will be the only one compromising and Ryan will just do what he wants.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

Molly did not want to be touched and have a massage on the honeymoon.  I don't think it is just Jon that Molly was running from. I think the woman has issues.

Yet she was fine with a stripper grinding on her on her hen's night and she was touching him as well. Who she likes to touch her seems to change with the wind.

• Love 6