Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E20: The Reclusive Potential

Sheldon takes the guys to a cabin in the middle of nowhere to meet a reclusive scientist; Penny and Bernadette improvise Amy's bachelorette party.

Peter McNicol! I remember him from Ghostbusters II!

That guy was so crazy, but I loved that Sheldon realized that he didn't want to live as a recluse. He's come a long way...

I shared Amy's outrage that Penny and Bernadette assumed she'd be happy with a boring quilting bee for her freaking bachelorette party. She may be a nerd, but she's not Marge Lameass Simpson. Even if she can't hold her booze.

• Love 17

The Biscuit!! I remember Peter from Ally McBeal. Good to see him again. Loved Sheldon’s line about being from Texas so he can taste the difference in rabbit and squirrel. 

Edited by Runningwild
I don’t know how to spell his last name
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I shared Amy's outrage that Penny and Bernadette assumed she'd be happy with a boring quilting bee for her freaking bachelorette party. She may be a nerd, but she's not Marge Lameass Simpson. Even if she can't hold her booze.

That did seem a bit silly, since Amy has shown that she enjoys cutting loose with the girls on occasion. She's not the stuffy, conservative wallflower she was in the beginning.

• Love 14

I loved Sheldon turning a lecture on regular time into a lecture on non-linear time by putting it on shuffle.

1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

That did seem a bit silly, since Amy has shown that she enjoys cutting loose with the girls on occasion. She's not the stuffy, conservative wallflower she was in the beginning.

Exactly. They've been to bars with her before, they've seen her reaction to attractive men (like Penny's ex, Zach), and they've even been on a girls' trip to Vegas with her. Penny has really dropped the ball as matron of honor.

Was Peter MacNicol hoping to feed five people with one squirrel? I would have left too.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Was Peter MacNicol hoping to feed five people with one squirrel? I would have left too.

If one squirrel is not enough, there's always tomatoes.

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Love 14

Aww, I still miss Numb3rs (that was perfect casting). That was a great plot for Sheldon. Amy's was less successful because Penny and Bernadette really should have known better. But I did like Penny backing up Bernadette's claim that they know how to make bad decisions by saying: She had two kids back-to-back and I thought you'd like this, so we're off to a good start. 

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 13

I tuned out the guys' plot and focused on the girls'. Loved Amy Riverdancing (Mayim was trying so hard not to break).

I've always thought Amy could do so much better than Sheldon, but they do love each other and it's nice to see him be a little more normal with her.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Peter McNicol! I remember him from Ghostbusters II!

That guy was so crazy, but I loved that Sheldon realized that he didn't want to live as a recluse. He's come a long way...

Amy confused me (as someone who takes things literally).  I hate it when someone says they want one thing, then expects me to figure out they want something completely different. Well, why didn't you say what you really wanted, then? Or at least give a guideline and let the party planner go off of that. 

• Love 15

I haven't soured on this show the way a lot of people have but I have to admit, episodes like this do make me think they're running out of ideas. 

I did get a chuckle out of the look on Raj's face after hearing how the tomatoes were fertilized. Leonard: "It's a sort of grin. Want to know what kind?"

• Love 5
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Mayim showed a lot of leg while riverdancing.

Very sweet that Sheldon doesn’t want Amy to riverdance for anyone else but him.

I took that to mean her Riverdancing turned him on and he didn't want her "enticing" anyone else.............. which I hope is the correct interpretation because for Sheldon that is major character growth. 

Not the best episode but not terrible either.  Did they say though where the Wolowitz babies were while Dad was away and Mom was partying?  Or do we assume they were either at Bernadette's parents or Stuart was watching them?

I'll go all the way back and say: Peter MacNicol = Dragonslayer.  Rumor is he actually hates that move and leaves it off his resume but I loved it and for awhile I had a major crush on Peter despite the age difference .

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I'll go all the way back and say: Peter MacNicol = Dragonslayer.  Rumor is he actually hates that move and leaves it off his resume but I loved it and for awhile I had a major crush on Peter despite the age difference .

Me too.

• Love 4

expected more from the Bachelorette party.  Its like the writers phoned it in and decided to do it in the easiest way possible.  and not the quilting part joke, but have one drink or so and then passing out. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's superrude to show up with 3 uninvited guests and then to leave without saying anything?  He might be weird, but he is a human being.

No, you aren't the only one....and the professor certainly didn't see happy to see Sheldon's entourage.  

At least they didn't stay long, though.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, CleoCaesar said:

I tuned out the guys' plot and focused on the girls'. Loved Amy Riverdancing (Mayim was trying so hard not to break).

I thought she was having trouble keeping a straight face through that whole last scene. Looking forward to the outtakes for this season!

6 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Did they say though where the Wolowitz babies were while Dad was away and Mom was partying?  Or do we assume they were either at Bernadette's parents or Stuart was watching them?

I just assume they're somewhere else. I don't really care where.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Did they say though where the Wolowitz babies were while Dad was away and Mom was partying?  Or do we assume they were either at Bernadette's parents or Stuart was watching them?

They didn't say and while part of me would appreciate a throwaway line about who's looking after the kids mostly I admit it doesn't really matter.  I mean we're not meant to assume the kids have been left alone!  Still I should have been so lucky when my kids were small that I had people at my beck and call to sit all night or even all week-end!

Edited by CherryAmes
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:
2 hours ago, Driad said:

Can we call them the Wolotots to save typing?

I like Wolotots and as an alternative propose the word "Wolobabies" 

Wolobabies is good too, but they will not be babies next season.

I thought the end was adorable!  I thought this episode was much better than last weeks.  I laughed out loud a number of times, especially when Sheldon says he does know the difference between rabbit and squirrel.  Although I thought it was sad that apparently Penny and Bernadette are Amy's only friends.  Aren't there any scientists she works with that could have been invited?

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, CherryAmes said:

Do you mean Stuart?  Howard was off in the woods with the other guys.

Oops, yes of course. I was getting lost in his nanny logistics since he still has the comic shop to run and then screwed up the name.

On April 12, 2018 at 7:27 PM, Driad said:

Larry has calmed down since Numb3rs.  Good to see him again!

They might as well have called him Professor Fleinhardt, because it was pretty much the same character. 
Hmmm, Peter MacNicol is my age, so I guess he's happy to be guest cast on a popular show and doesn't mind being type cast (my own work hours are being cut in half, and I'm likely to be replaced by someone younger in another year).

8 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I assumed the Wolotots were with [Stuart].

I wonder if we'll see the double stroller parked in the comic book store—although I'm not sure Bernadette will approve.

On 4/13/2018 at 11:55 PM, Frost said:

Although I thought it was sad that apparently Penny and Bernadette are Amy's only friends.  Aren't there any scientists she works with that could have been invited?

You'd think so, since Bert has said that she was very popular at work.

• Love 4

Amy has friends the same way all the others have friends.  When it suits the plot!  Otherwise you'd be forgiven for thinking that the 6 main characters don't interact socially with anyone else, ever.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, CherryAmes said:

Amy has friends the same way all the others have friends.  When it suits the plot!  Otherwise you'd be forgiven for thinking that the 6 main characters don't interact socially with anyone else, ever.

Yah, but if the show is supposed to be about these six characters, you can imagine we only see the storylines that involve these six characters.  Not every aspect of their lives, including other friends, etc.  Which does not mean they aren't happening.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, stan4 said:

Which does not mean they aren't happening.

There was an episode when Sheldon talks about friends of his, online friends of course, but still friends, and he says something along those lines to Leonard.  It was a nice little shout out to the idea that we're not seeing every single moment of these characters lives. 

• Love 4

Howard's bachelor party had people I'd never seen before.  None of them had lines of course.  :-)   I just thought it was sad that Penny and Bernadette seemingly didn't make an effort to find people to invite.  Although, maybe they did but as soon as the 'quilting bee' theme was revealed there was a sudden, widespread, attack of the flu.

• Love 5

I can't remember now if they did anything for Bernadette other than talk about strange customs that Amy wanted them to try, but Penny's consisted of Penny, Amy and Bernadette so at least they were being consistent, the guys have friends outside the group who get shown on occasion but the girls don't anymore!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

As much as the main group spends time with each other, I don't know when they would have time to see anyone else.  This is less so now than previously though.  Before the marriages and the changed living arrangements, they spent pretty much every evening together.  I haven't done that with friends since I was a young adult, I don't think I could handle it now.  In fact I'm sure I couldn't.

• Love 5

I just watched this. Although I've seen all the episodes of the first nine seasons, I've only seen a handful of episodes from seasons ten and eleven and, quite frankly, I was never sure if Sheldon loves Amy or just didn't want anyone else "to have her." Honestly, most times he looked like he didn't even want to be with her so it's nice to see that he does actually love her; And I agree that it was rude to show up at the cabin with three uninvited guests and to leave without saying "goodbye." 

Peter MacNichol will always be Stingo from "Sophie's Choice" to me even though I've seen him in a lot of other stuff.

This is the first, and probably only time, that I'll ever hear Eurypides' "Bacchae" being described as "Girls Gone Wild." In what universe would Sheldon have seen or, for that matter, even head of "Girls Gone Wild?" Also, no way would Sheldon have ever read an Ancient Greek play; he has complete and utter contempt for the Arts; sorry, I'm just not buyng it.

• Love 1
On 4/13/2018 at 9:08 PM, Driad said:
On 4/13/2018 at 1:26 PM, sigmaforce86 said:

Did they say though where the Wolowitz babies were

Can we call them the Wolotots to save typing?

In case anyone wonders about the pink border, this appears when a post gets 25 or more likes.  Thank you all!

• Love 3