Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Holy Schnitzel

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

Maybe I misunderstood your post. The brutalization of the animals comment, what is brutal about milking a cow? Please explain. 

It's not really the place, but it's not the milking, per se, but the forcibly impregnating (then stealing the babies) and the conditions of factory farms (though I have no idea if Germany's are better than the US's in that regard). As for these chicks, though, I assume it's a combination of flavor and trendiness that drives their preferences.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I was really interested in the story Rinna was telling about Delilah and her post-strep anxiety. How Harry would wait outside the school for hours. That was oddly fascinating. I always enjoy these shows more when there's more of a family element and not so much petty drama. 

Exactly, Ghoulina!  It makes them more than one-dimensional characters.  I came away from that conversation feeling that Lisa and Harry are very loving parents.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

cant tell if you're just being funny but anyone who rides knows that saying "ho" is a very common way to try to calm down ones horse. To me that felt like Rinna had ridden in the past because I've not ridden in years but I'd know instinctively to say that if my horse was getting out of hand on me. Mind you, the only two who seemed comfortable on horses were Teddi and LVP, and LVP always looks so fake on her horse, like she just barely rides. To be honest, I wouldn't take a group of people riding ever, too much can go wrong when people who dont know horses try to ride 'just for fun'. Oh, and Kyle looked ridiculous on that pony. She showed how short she is in real life, it was so odd looking.

14 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

The word what I was taught to use was whoa. Could “Ho” be a Freudian slip? 

• Love 11
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

LOL (and better than my original joke, MindThinkr -- I'm Ed to your Johnny :)

eta

That was oddly fascinating. 

@ghoulina, I thought all of it was riveting as well; Harry waiting outside the school every day (because Rinna was working? Or because Delilah wanted him, not her mother?) The doc saying it was brought on by strep, which sounded like such a Victorian diagnosis (even Dr Quinn had more medical knowledge than that -- "Sully, strep alone can't bring on anxiety like that. Something must have happened to our daughter at the schoolhouse today!")   I wondered if she'd been bullied and that was the genesis (and the strep just happened alongside that) or they know the initial cause of her life-long anxiety was something else, and Rinna (out of respect)  didn't give the real reason.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 17
39 minutes ago, film noire said:

@ghoulina, I thought all of it was riveting as well; Harry waiting outside the school every day (because Rinna was working? Or because Delilah wanted him, not her mother?) The doc saying it was brought on by strep, which sounded like such a Victorian diagnosis (even Dr Quinn had more medical knowledge than that -- "Sully, strep alone can't bring on anxiety like that. Something must have happened to our daughter at the schoolhouse today!")   I wondered if she'd been bullied and that was the genesis (and the strep just happened alongside that) or they know the initial cause of her life-long anxiety was something else, and Rinna (out of respect)  didn't give the real reason.

Yes! I wanted to know more. Step brought on anxiety? I know it's not fun, but it's not like she had mono and was shut up in the house for weeks? If I would have been at that dinner, I'd have had some probing questions. 

• Love 13
(edited)
50 minutes ago, film noire said:

LOL (and better than my original joke, MindThinkr -- I'm Ed to your Johnny :)

eta

I can see where a severe illness could feed a predisposition to anxiety or OCD in a child..especially if she heard things like "She must have picked it up at school," or "How many times have we told you to wash your hands?" But, I don't believe it could be a direct cause of the anxiety.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 9

Once again, I'm late to the after-party. Too much work, not enough time to watch my shows, drat it.

just a few comments to add to the great things already said.

I've never been to Berlin, so I enjoyed seeing a bit of it. I'm glad this set of HoWives succeeded in sightseeing without whooping, hollering, breaking into interpretive dance on street corners, getting drunk and breaking into pitched battle in public restaurants, throwing cakes, and so on. They did have their (totally avoidable had Dorit kept her mouth shut) argument, but at least it was in a private setting.

Speaking of Dorit. Yep, I still hate her. I will take her family's tragedy as truth, but I feel she embroidered it for effect. Members of my own family were involved in the liberation of Buchenwald and Dachau. The sights they saw scarred them for life. I have a visceral reaction to the Holocaust, even though I'm not Jewish. But I still think Dorit is playing to the crowd in her story. I could be wrong, just because of my intense dislike for her.

Had I been Kyle, I'd have stayed behind and not gone riding. If I'd wanted to see the horses that much, I'd have gone to the stables, petted the horses, and waved my friends bye-bye, settled in with a book at the van and had a nice read.

Re; Veal Tartare - I'm a vegetarian now, so this would be off my menu totally, but when I used to eat meat, "no eating of baby animals" was my thing. No lamb, no veal, no piglet. And I was never able to eat anything less than well-done. I just couldn't. Now, of course, I don't eat any meat at all. It's a choice. I don't inflict my preferences on others, but I wouldn't have eaten the veal either. I have quite a sophisticated palate (sorry, Erika, but I don't think you have a sophisticated *anything*), but only when it's non-meat-related.

• Love 20
(edited)
18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yes! I wanted to know more. Step brought on anxiety? I know it's not fun, but it's not like she had mono and was shut up in the house for weeks? If I would have been at that dinner, I'd have had some probing questions. 

Apparently it possibly really is a thing according to the one article I read after a single google search (so very extensive research has been done)

https://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/14/health/psychology/can-strep-bring-on-an-anxiety-disorder.html

It's a quick and interesting read.  

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, bosawks said:

I got the feeling it was a book she once read, oh, who am kidding about Dorit reading, I mean a movie she once saw.

But with "Dorit logic" feeling sad about something translates to it having happened to you and, voila, truth........

I thought the same thing -- and curiously:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Endless_Steppe

One June day, Soviet soldiers arrive at their house declaring the Rudomins to be "capitalists and enemies of the people." Their house and valuables are seized, and Esther, her parents, and her grandparents are packed into cattle cars and "relocated" to another part of the great and mighty Soviet Union, which turns out to be a forced labour camp in Siberia.

BTW, this is a truly wonderful and well-written book. I read it in elementary school and, as an adult, have a copy on the shelves.

ETA just got to this post from Linderville:

I read that book in the 60s...it was a memoir by Esther Hautzig, The Endless Steppe. Her family was taken from their wealthy home in Poland, during WWll, by the Russians and sent in cattle cars with many others to work in labor camps in Siberia. It was horrible. It's the first thing I thought of when Dorit told that story. 

Edited by SCS
Posted before I reached Linderville's comment and wanted to give her(?) props!
  • Love 6
(edited)

What I am most confused by the tartare app is that they apparently had both veal and tomato tartare available but didn't ask anyone what they preferred and had a few of both which seemed weird.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
(edited)
37 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Apparently it possibly really is a thing according to the one article I read after a single google search (so very extensive research has been done)

https://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/14/health/psychology/can-strep-bring-on-an-anxiety-disorder.html

Thanks for the link--- fascinating -- reminds me of the recent studies linking gut bacteria to not just obesity, but mood disorders, and people undergoing fecal transplants (the ultimate "shit happens" moment, I guess ; ) How awful for a young girl to undergo a change like that - it would throw me as an adult to experience a steep, sudden and permanent emotional shift in my nature, never mind as a child (and the worry they must have felt as parents).

eta: Interesting Rinna had a mother who underwent a medically related emotional shift for the better (the stroke) and a daughter who experienced the opposite.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Benadryl knocks me out, even the less sedating antihistamines make me drowsy, so maybe the effect her like that and she should have just bowed out. It looked like a really boring ride so she wouldn't have missed anything.

Except camera time an an opportunity to wear a cute riding outfit, and most impotrtantly make the entire day about her and her allergies and her anxiety! I like Kyle but good lord, she is wearing me out. I have anxiety attacks and could never dream of being on tv or on a runway. Why is everything these women and/or their children suffer from the worst case of ________________ EVER! See, I am just like you! Real world white people problems! Where’s my Presidential suite and baby cow appetizer!? 

One more thing, wtf is up with Erika’s voice? She doesn’t sound like that in her intro, is it another personality? 

PS I am a total hypocrite because I refuse to eat veal, but am not vegetarian. At least I admit that I am, I wonder how often they turn a big old fat full size cow-steak away! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sadiebyuca said:

I think Erika told them before they left the states, because they all packed riding clothes. 

You're right, that's even worse...Kyle had no excuse to not be prepared to bow out or take meds with her to Berlin/and take them before the outing

• Love 11

Sorry if it’s a little bit off topic:

I just finished a book called In The Garden Of Beasts by Erik Larson. It takes place in Berlin (mostly about the American Ambassador Todd and his family) and when I came to a photo at the end it amazed me how different the City was then (after Hitler) to what it looks like now. They have done some major new or reconstruction. I’m glad they built the memorials because some nasty sht*t took place in Berlin as Hitler rose into power. It’s a good book but heavy and history laden. 

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

What I am most confused by the tartare app is that they apparently had both veal and tomato tartare available but didn't ask anyone what they preferred and had a few of both which seemed weird.

I wondered about that too. Maybe it's because Erika isn't aware of the ladies officially having any dietary restrictions so she figured they'd mostly be game for anything. What was odd to me was that they had the tomato tartare waiting in the wings. It was like they had six plates of everything as opposed to establishing beforehand what the ladies would prefer eating.

2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

It's not really the place, but it's not the milking, per se, but the forcibly impregnating (then stealing the babies) and the conditions of factory farms (though I have no idea if Germany's are better than the US's in that regard). As for these chicks, though, I assume it's a combination of flavor and trendiness that drives their preferences.

I have long wondered how LisaV feels about the meat and poultry industry given her feelings on Yulin. I know she eats meat but I wonder if her passing on the veal means that there are indeed aspects of the meat industry that make her feel uncomfortable. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Benadryl knocks me out, even the less sedating antihistamines make me drowsy, so maybe the effect her like that and she should have just bowed out. It looked like a really boring ride so she wouldn't have missed anything.

There are other antihistamines that she could have taken that do not have a sedative effect and Kyle didn't bring her epi-pen even though she knew where she was going. 

• Love 11
(edited)
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

There are other antihistamines that she could have taken that do not have a sedative effect and Kyle didn't bring her epi-pen even though she knew where she was going. 

Even antimistines marketed as nondrowsing or nonsedating cause drowsiness in varying degrees for some people, they even say that they cause "less" drowsyness not none. Not everyome has the same allergic reaction everytime and are often not severe enough to have an epipen, Kyle seemed to indicate that this was a harsher reaction than she typically has.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I wondered about that too. Maybe it's because Erika isn't aware of the ladies officially having any dietary restrictions so she figured they'd mostly be game for anything. What was odd to me was that they had the tomato tartare waiting in the wings. It was like they had six plates of everything as opposed to establishing beforehand what the ladies would prefer eating.

I have long wondered how LisaV feels about the meat and poultry industry given her feelings on Yulin. I know she eats meat but I wonder if her passing on the veal means that there are indeed aspects of the meat industry that make her feel uncomfortable. 

I love Lisa, but I'd like to know that at the very least she insists on "humanely raised" meat, poultry, eggs, etc. for her restaurants. I hope she does.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

So did Erika serve the veal tartare just to get a reaction out of the ladies?  Most Americans aren't accustomed to eating raw red meat, and even a rare burger is seared on the outside.  I don't know if it has to be an issue of having a sophisticated palate or not.  

And Erika?  You are NOT more cosmopolitan just because you ate a food you probably ordered specifically.  Some people just don't like raw food, lots don't eat veal, it's not a sign of anything. 

I'm going out for pizza with Carole Radwizell now. :-)

• Love 13
(edited)
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Eons ago, in the Pacific Northwest (riding "Western"), we used "Ho" instead of "Whoa".  But it was never used to "calm down a nervous horse" (as a previous poster stated).  It was a voice command sometimes used to reinforce the rather subtle body signals that mean "STOP".

I've used up my quota of quotation marks for the day in just two sentences.  At least they weren't implied air quotes.  ;-)

If Kyle loved horses as much as she professed, and knew she was allergic to them, she should have been prepared with some prescription allergy meds.  She's a drama queen, and freaks out about every. little. thing.  As Ramoaner would say : "CALM DOWN. TAKE A XANAX!".

Dorit needs to shut the fuck up AND go away.  Her butchery of anything approaching language and accent is the least of her offenses, but mangling the ordering a beer in German just chapped my ass.  Telling the ladies it is "Ken aysht un beir haben?" is as wrong as you are, Dorito.  (it is "kann ich ein Beir haben").

Edited by walnutqueen
I spelled a word like Dorit would pronounce it; i.e. incorrectly.
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Even antimistines marketed as nondrowsing or nonsedating cause drowsiness in varying degrees for some people, they even say that they cause "less" drowsyness not none. Not everyome has the same allergic reaction everytime and are often not severe enough to have an epipen, Kyle seemed to indicate that this was a harsher reaction than she typically has.

No, Kyle should have stayed at the hotel since she knew she was allergic to horses and/or at the very least bring her epi-pen. Of course she didn't have a bad allergic reaction, she had a major panic/anxiety attack so the epi-pen would not have been needed. Where's Rinna's pill bag with Xanax when Kyle needs it? 

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Yes, I  did wonder why they weren't asked which they wanted?

I'm a vegetarian, so I don't eat animals, baby or adult. So, I would have gobbled up the tomato tartare. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

I am trying and Rinner has had hilarious moments.

But I also see anger bubbling under the surface.  She doesn't like LVP and her TH have an undertone to them of resentment.  I also think it's driving her crazy to not be putting herself in the middle of it all even if she's working on not doing that.

I know. MMV and I am an LVP minion.  Shrugs.  I did like Rinner a lot 3 years ago.  Maybe I need another 2 years to erase last year.

I'm ride or die for Lisa Vanderpump but I do enjoy the little jabs between the Lisas. Not sure why they hate each other, if it's just a battle of the Lisas or if it started because of the show. It's a fun little feud though, not violent like some of the others have been. I wonder if they actually have harsh feelings toward one another or if it's just something that production encourages in the TH.

I think they had one tomato tartare for someone who is vegetarian or on a restrictive diet. Maybe Rinna? When the girls heard it they all wanted one. 

• Love 8
(edited)
14 minutes ago, rho said:

I think they had one tomato tartare for someone who is vegetarian or on a restrictive diet. Maybe Rinna? When the girls heard it they all wanted one. 

He initially gave it to Kyle but then nodded an agreement when LVP asked if she could get that instead.

18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No, Kyle should have stayed at the hotel since she knew she was allergic to horses and/or at the very least bring her epi-pen. Of course she didn't have a bad allergic reaction, she had a major panic/anxiety attack so the epi-pen would not have been needed. Where's Rinna's pill bag with Xanax when Kyle needs it? 

As I said in my first post that you quoted she should have just not gone but not everyone who has allergic reactions carry epipens, I know because I have had worse reactions than Kyle had and still my allegerist doesn't view an epipen as necessary because taking an antihistmine, which is most likely what the doctor gave her, solves the problem with less sideeffects because full anaphylactic shock is unlikely in my case.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I'd wager that most people with allergies don't have an epi-pen and she did say she'd never had a reaction as severe as what she was having, so I wouldn't assume she has an epi-pen.  It isn't like her throat was closing up from anaphylaxis, she was having trouble breathing because of her panic attack.   

• Love 11
(edited)
7 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Here's the rub, Erika told them all about the horse back riding trip the night before at the bar (Kyle, LVP, Rinna, Teddi - were there. Only Dorit wasn't in attendance she was sleeping off her mixed meds)

Kyle could have easily brought up I'm severely allergic to horses so I'm going to bow out. OR she could have asked the concierge about where to buy Benadryl or she could have made use of the hotel doctor that Dorit saw. She could have also asked Rinna, if she had anything for her in the Felix The Cat Ziploc. Nobody seemed to know anything about Kyle's allergy until they were at the location and on the horses.

I didn't see any of the ladies holding purses or bags when they got on the bus to go horseback riding. I think Rinna's Felix The Cat Ziploc was back at the hotel.

See this is why I don't buy the story they only found out the night before, why on earth would someone like Kyle who is severely allergic to horses be dressed in 400.00 riding pants if a. it was not planned b. if she was allergic  -  that is like me buying a bong but I am allergic to weed     

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
cause I am an idiot
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

See this is why I don't buy the story they only found out the night before, why on earth would someone like Kyle who is severely allergic to horses be dressed in 400.00 riding pants if a. it was not planned b. if she was allergic  -  that is like like me buying a bong but I am allergic to weed     

On the show/on camera - Erika gave them advance notice of a day in Berlin.

Off camera they must have been told since they all all packed riding gear to bring to Berlin.

Teddi Bear will hold you accountable

PessimisticTartGreendarnerdragonfly-size

• Love 7
On 3/28/2018 at 8:39 AM, KungFuBunny said:

25010966_136759580366115_908510321409680

Yes BBHN!

And say what you will about their sometimes poor fashion choices - but these woman throw away spend major money on their clothes, bags & footwear.

EVERY PICTURE I see of the group... whether on a trip or a step and repeat...Teddi manages to be on the end... full profile of the derrière! Check it out...every time!

I appreciate how proud she must be of her accomplishments...and perhaps it’s contributing to her “brand” image...but really..for being so “chill” and claiming to be the least vain person...it’s a bit “extra’..IMO

• Love 6
(edited)
17 hours ago, Deniset said:

I'm rewatching tonights episode and I call bs on Dorit's story about her family. She said some of them were sent to concentration camps in Siberia. Sorry but Siberia is a part of Russia and Russia was fighting the Germans during the war. Where is there a concentration camp in Siberia?

Also rewatched some of this seasons shows today. When did Dorit get a psychology degree?  Lisar is schizophrenic and Teddi is psycho. Lol. And this is coming from the craziest, most delusional housewife on any housewife show. I'm so tired of her thinking she can say or do anything she wants about her castmates but heaven forbid anyone says anything about her even if it is the truth. 

I wish I  could remember Dorit's story. I read a book as a kid.,The Endless Steppe It was an autobiograpical book  written,by Esther Hautzig. Her family lived in Vilna Poland, Now Vilnius Lithuania. One day they red army came and took away her Jewish family and many others  and sent them to Siberia, initially to work in Gypsum mines and some other awful places. Being shipped to Siberia actually saved her life. The rest of her family was killed by Nazis.. Its possible the family history is all a bit jumbled up in  her mind. I need to go back and listen to the details of her story

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Avaleigh said:

I wonder if it's just a standard menu that the hotel offers? It looked like a big selection of smaller things as opposed to one specific appetizer/dinner/dessert setup.

Lisa probably doesn't like thinking about the food industry in regard to animals. I don't blame her if that's the case--it's hard to reconcile a love for animals and also food, haha! But it's easy to put food in a "necessity," category, you know (especially if you own multiple restaurants)? I used to eat meat and everything too--not that long ago (and almost never anything that actually looked like what it once was, e.g., a chicken leg or a rib)--but I was always weirdly mortified at myself if I thought about it too much (which I have a habit of doing in many regards). One day, I was like, "What the hell is my problem? I don't have to be mortified; I'll just quit!" There are plenty of other things out of my control to be mortified about!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, Linderville said:

I read that book in the 60s...it was a memoir by Esther Hautzig, The Endless Steppe. Her family was taken from their wealthy home in Poland, during WWll, by the Russians and sent in cattle cars with many others to work in labor camps in Siberia. It was horrible. It's the first thing I thought of when Dorit told that story. 

Sorry for not reading all the way though the thread. My kitchen caught fire  2 days ago and  my daughter had a 19 week pregnancy loss. My brain is fried .. This is the exact same book I mentioned.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

The beer hall they went to was a chain.  we have one in a Chicago suburb.  I COULD NOT believe they were there.  

Oh Thank you! I live by Chicago, I’ll have to check it out! 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

The rest of her family was killed by Nazis.. Its possible the family history is all a bit jumbled up in  her mind. I need to go back and listen to the details of her story

Given the number of Polish Jews sent to labor camps in Siberia and killed by Nazis, Esther Hautzig's family story is similiar to the story of many other families. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

I wish I  could remember Dorit's story. I read a book as a kid.,The Endless Steppe It was an autobiograpical book  written,by Esther Hautzig. Her family lived in Vilna Poland, Now Vilnius Lithuania. One day they red army came and took away her Jewish family and many others  and sent them to Siberia, initially to work in Gypsum mines and some other awful places. Being shipped to Siberia actually saved her life. The rest of her family was killed by Nazis.. Its possible the family history is all a bit jumbled up in  her mind. I need to go back and listen to the details of her story

I just finished reading an historical fiction called Paris by Edward Rutherfurd.  In the book, Jewish people without passports in Poland were sent by the Russians to labor camps in Siberia.  The Jews with passports were relieved they weren't sent away.  Later these Jews with passports were sent to concentration camps and most were exterminated.  The book said that more people had survived in the labor camps.  Still awful either way.

• Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

I just finished reading an historical fiction called Paris by Edward Rutherfurd.  In the book, Jewish people without passports in Poland were sent by the Russians to labor camps in Siberia.  The Jews with passports were relieved they weren't sent away.  Later these Jews with passports were sent to concentration camps and most were exterminated.  The book said that more people had survived in the labor camps.  Still awful either way.

I have that book on my kindle. I need to read it. I recently read his book London. I'm going to have to read it now as this particular incident really interests me.

Edited by JennyMominFL
30 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

Sorry for not reading all the way though the thread. My kitchen caught fire  2 days ago and I had a daughter had a 19 week pregnancy loss. My brain is fried .. This is the exact same book I mentioned.

I am so sorry for you/your daughters loss, also sorry about the fire.

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

Sorry for not reading all the way though the thread. My kitchen caught fire  2 days ago and  my daughter had a 19 week pregnancy loss. My brain is fried .. This is the exact same book I mentioned.

Oh you've had much more on your mind than these threads. So very sorry for all you're going through... 

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

How awful; I'm sorry.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

I’m so sorry for your loss. Hugs @JennyMominFL.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I was really interested in the story Rinna was telling about Delilah and her post-strep anxiety. How Harry would wait outside the school for hours. That was oddly fascinating. I always enjoy these shows more when there's more of a family element and not so much petty drama. 

I wondered if she'd been bullied and that was the genesis (and the strep just happened alongside that) or they know the initial cause of her life-long anxiety was something else, and Rinna (out of respect)  didn't give the real reason.

My therapist told me that childhood strep can also be linked to OCD tendencies (and it was then that a lightbulb went on for me, haha!).

https://www.medicinenet.com/pandas/article.htm#what_type_of_doctors_treat_pandas

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3

I'm probably the lone dissenter, but I thought Erika looked stunning at her private dinner party. It was a bit "costumey", but I thought she pulled it off. 

I thought she looked good, but I think it's weird that she's always in character.  I suppose this show is just her audition on her way to bigger things.

I'm sorry for everything you're going through.  I hope things will be better soon for you and your family.  

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

That is truly fascinating. It shows how little we know about mental Illness and that is sad. Kudos to Harry Hamlin.

Edited by applecrisp
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, SnarkAttack said:

Dorit's story could very well be true, but she created doubt by trying too hard to be dramatic.  

I agree.  Where I started rolling my eyes was at the dramatic... and thirty years later my grandfather was reunited with his mother in Israel and she knew because he looked just lie her dead husband.

At a minimum I think she's taking something based in truth and building into some epic story.

At some point this season I came to the conclusion Dorit isn't just faking an accent, her entire personality is an affectation and she is twisting events to fit it even if it makes no sense.

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

and thirty years later my grandfather was reunited with his mother in Israel and she knew because he looked just lie her dead husband.

She didn't say dead husband, she just said husband and then said they were all reunited. Stories of family members reuniting years later in different countries is also an extremely common one for many in WWII. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

My therapist told me that childhood strep can also be linked to OCD tendencies (and it was then that a lightbulb went on for me, haha!).

https://www.medicinenet.com/pandas/article.htm#what_type_of_doctors_treat_pandas

Yes; I recall this was brought up when my son was young and began to experience severe anxiety with some OCD symptoms.    I missed 1/2 of the show last night, so did not see the part about Lisa's daughter.

I too am fascinated by the potential mind/gut health connection.

@JennyMominFL, I am so sorry about your losses.   

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

So sorry to hear all of this - rough week for you and your family.  Prayers....

• Love 5

I'm so sorry to hear this, @JennyMominFL.  

• Love 4

I'm so very sorry, @JennyMominFL. The kitchen fire is bad, but the pregnancy loss is devastating. *sending you and your daughter much love*

• Love 6
5 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

Once again, I'm late to the after-party. Too much work, not enough time to watch my shows, drat it.

just a few comments to add to the great things already said.

I've never been to Berlin, so I enjoyed seeing a bit of it. I'm glad this set of HoWives succeeded in sightseeing without whooping, hollering, breaking into interpretive dance on street corners, getting drunk and breaking into pitched battle in public restaurants, throwing cakes, and so on. They did have their (totally avoidable had Dorit kept her mouth shut) argument, but at least it was in a private setting.

Speaking of Dorit. Yep, I still hate her. I will take her family's tragedy as truth, but I feel she embroidered it for effect. Members of my own family were involved in the liberation of Buchenwald and Dachau. The sights they saw scarred them for life. I have a visceral reaction to the Holocaust, even though I'm not Jewish. But I still think Dorit is playing to the crowd in her story. I could be wrong, just because of my intense dislike for her.

Had I been Kyle, I'd have stayed behind and not gone riding. If I'd wanted to see the horses that much, I'd have gone to the stables, petted the horses, and waved my friends bye-bye, settled in with a book at the van and had a nice read.

Re; Veal Tartare - I'm a vegetarian now, so this would be off my menu totally, but when I used to eat meat, "no eating of baby animals" was my thing. No lamb, no veal, no piglet. And I was never able to eat anything less than well-done. I just couldn't. Now, of course, I don't eat any meat at all. It's a choice. I don't inflict my preferences on others, but I wouldn't have eaten the veal either. I have quite a sophisticated palate (sorry, Erika, but I don't think you have a sophisticated *anything*), but only when it's non-meat-related.

Great comments. I totally agree. There's NOTHING sophisticated about EriCa. She's the epitome of zero class.

4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Kyle is a MORON, a drama queen, and REALLY stupid.

• Love 3