Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E06: Fate is the Homie

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Reminder: there is NO preview talk in episode threads.  Any mention of the previews in your posts will cause the posts to be removed.  Previews can be discussed in the Preview & Speculation thread. 

So what happened to Ghost Island?  On hold until the merge?  That was a boring TC.  I always look at the clock and if it starts early, something good usually happens.  This started 5 minutes before the episode ended.  So I figured it was James or Michael going.  But I was praying it was going to be clever editing.  Cannot stand Kellyn.  God she’s irritating.  Glad she at least had to shake in her boots a little.  Sadly, she’s probably around for the duration thanks to the stupid cult mentality of Naviti.  Hope she gets turned on big time at the merge, because unless there’s a miracle that’s where she’s headed.  So long James.  You deserved better.  Too bad you wound up on a season where it’s purple strong and people are willing to be stupid and sacrifice challenge wins because of their Stepford thinking.  Not that James was actually a challenge beast, but anyway…and what was with the music as they talked about their challenge woes?  It's like something I heard on a Titanic movie

Hey, it’s the “let’s see how many injuries we can rack up” challenge.  Always a Survivor classic.  Dom, if they’re blindfolded, they clearly can’t tell what color the puzzle piece is, bro.

Brad?  Shut up about the beach conditions and how fantastic you think you are.  I wish you could have stayed on Malolo or gone to the new beach with nothing.  Chelsea and Des, I want to like you, but you’re making it hard.  I am so sick of hearing ‘Naviti strong.’  They do realize only one person wins, right?  It wouldn’t have been a 10-way tie for Naviti to win.  I loved how Kellyn quickly said “it’s a new day” after Angela credited the Malolo members on NuNaviti tribe saving her.  I seriously don’t remember a tribe being this determined to stay together in that last few seasons, except GC.  But I don’t count that one due to pre-game alliances. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 22

So no GI this week. Not a disappointment to me seeing as so far GI has been a waste and just an outlet for sob stories. 

I always get a good laugh out of the blindfold challenges, I'm so bad.

Dominic reminded me of another reason I could never be on this show, I'm such a bad liar. We haven't seen anything negative about Libby, but he made her out to be the devil. Just one comment can ruin your game when you did absolutely nothing wrong to be targeted. That's why I'm better off appreciating the duplicity portrayed by those that possess the talent from the safety of my couch.

Didn't James have a HII? I've already lost track. Well, there goes one pretty. I don't know why that was a blindside. How did he not see it was either him or Michael in the minority?

• Love 14

You know what else is exhausting Chris?  Listening to you talk about how awesome you think you are.  Sheesh, what a group of egos this season.  I was glad he and Dom got separated because I’m over hearing about that stupid feud, but I’d much rather Dom outlast him.  And something I find weird: Cole lived in a freaking Prius, and he was far less weird than Sebastian is.  I feel like my IQ drops just listening to the guy talk.  If Chris/Wendell/Sebastian stay tight, I’m guessing Laurel is screwed because Sebastian probably won’t let them vote for Jenna.   

Malolo must have been created under a full moon or something.  That tribe has been screwed from day 1.  Continually outnumbered in both swaps, and continually on a losing streak.  Damn.  It was worth it for those few seconds of seeing Naviti on NuMalolo look ready to lose it before the swap.  And Jeff?  When you said Malolo was the most losing tribe ever, I think you’re forgetting Ulong.  I guess they can’t even win a ‘most losing tribe ever’ competition, despite losing every single challenge.

When Jeff said to James “what does this mean from a game stand point?” I so wanted James to answer “um, we’re switching tribes Jeff.”

I liked that they didn’t mess around and got right to the swap, especially since there were 3 tribes.  I usually like the TC aftermath, but I didn’t care to see the Naviti 5 gloat. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 11

My reaction to the whole thing is "UGH!"

Not another word about  how you were betrayed Angela.

I'm so sick of Kellyn going on and on about original Navati. Vapid fool.

And yeah, No Ghost Island. What a joke.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 19

Boring episode and I'm ashamed of myself for laughing at the two girls who got smacked in the face during the challenge but that was the only entertaining thing that happened this week.

Jeff might as well have just said that Monolo was the suckiest team ever. What was Michael thinking voting off James? And I thought Angela would have been smarter too. 

• Love 18

I'm so glad this obsessive and annoying blind loyalty to "tribe" was discussed. I understand sticking to an alliance when it makes the most sense to do so and thinking about the numbers. But if I have to hear Desiree and Kellyn and others blather on anymore about this "Naviti strong" bullshit, I think I'll just puke. And what is baffling to me about this almost obsessive loyalty they have is that based on the Dominik and Chris saga, it's obvious the tribe was never this perfect, shiny, happy family. 

That said, I can't say I care that much about James being booted (and interesting that the voting scene at the end showed that Michael voted for him as well) because to be honest, there was something smug and obnoxious about him for me and after his massive choke performance weeks earlier, I think he was one of those muscles for show type of players and actually was really not that strong. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 12

Okayyyyy..... so they took a stupid challenge and added another layer of stupid...blind folded puzzle solving?  WTF?

I am sorry to see James go.  I wanted Desi due to the fact that she searched Stephanie's bag.  Maybe that girl was right and Angela doesn't know what's going on in her own head.

I still have no idea who is who and I see faces I never saw before.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, ElleryAnne said:

I didn't even realize it wasn't featured tonight.  What's that say about how interesting it's been?

It made no sense.  It's the whole theme of the season.  I've hated the last few weeks when there's been nothing there for the stranded castaway, and that's made it kind of pointless on it's own.  I guess they really are holding off until the merge so it can be a more interesting blood bath of idols and advantages.

This season started off strong, and is still a huge improvement compared to last season for me.  But it's taken a downhill spiral since the first tribe swap.  Only thing I can look forward to is Naviti will eventually have to turn on each other-unless they are too caught up in Purple Strong to do that and just do rock paper scissors to see who gets voted out.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, ElleryAnne said:

I didn't even realize it wasn't featured tonight.  What's that say about how interesting it's been?

It's kinda like the show is admitting they know this whole theme is a bomb.  

• Love 8

Right to the new mixup! Donathan is donning his tiger socks. No, it's not tiger stripes, it's sort of like brown and yellow basketballs or watermelons. A three tribe mashup, this will be interesting

Jeff's math skills are amazing! With 15 people left, the odds of any remaining player winning is better than when they started with 20!!  How did he figure that out?? Einstein and Stephen Hawkings rolled into one.

Poor Chris, it's so exhausting to be charismatic and athletic. What a curse!! He is truly unfortunate. I wonder if Laurel crossed her fingers behind her back when she told Chris he could be a motivational speaker. Oh man, the show is just slamming Chris! That talking head where he says he doesn't tell people he's a model because people think models are stupid, then he misuses a word (or maybe made one up).

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

Um,  that was not a blindside. 

Seriously. He knew that unless Angela sided with him and Michael, they were in trouble. Unless he thought they were going to target Michael instead.

Oh man, the show is just slamming Chris! That talking head where he says he doesn't tell people he's a model because people think models are stupid, then he misuses a word (or maybe made one up).

This was the highlight of the episode for me. I love how unintentionally entertaining Chris is. Never change dude. Your lack of self-awareness makes for great television. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Boring episode and I'm ashamed of myself for laughing at the two girls who got smacked in the face during the challenge but that was the only entertaining thing that happened this week. 

There is no shame in laughing at that! The best part was when that one girl rammed her face into the pole at the very end and was just laying there on the ground but nobody helped her because they were all blindfolded. I'm still chuckling. (See you in Hell!)

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 22

Bradley is such a twit! Complaining about the squalor of Malolo. This week it’s Chelsea crying about drinking coffee. Between Chris and Domenick, I prefer Domenick. I think “No More Training Wheels” would have been a good episode title, or “a devil in an angel’s body”.

Bradley, you aren’t better than you thought you were and your game is not A+. I think the editors are having fun with the talking heads this week.

Oh no, one of the blindfold challenges. Time for bruises and blood! People running into each other, bumping their crotches into sharp edges, boards slamming into faces! And Chris crosses himself on his chest. Desiree yells to someone to move closer to someone else – like, how can a blindfolded person know where that person is? Oh man, poor Libby! Crash! Chelsea had a hard hit, too. Desiree leading her tribe looks like a day care field trip where the little kids are tied to each other. Can’t believe green tribe left a bag behind. Yay! Naviti is safe!

Desiree cries and feels like the biggest loser. (Wrong show, Des!) I thought she was going to blow a bubble, but then realized where would she get bubble gum? She was just rolling her tongue around.

What’s with the church bell ringing and a heavenly choir singing just before tribal? Kellyn spouts words of spurious wisdom and Jeff learned something from it! So who was the third person who voted for James? Both Angela and Michael! So he had four votes.

• Love 5

I wonder if he was blindsided by Michael voting for him.  If there had been another vote for Des, Jeff would have pulled it out.  But he pulled out 1 James, 1 Des, then 2 James and he was gone.  He looked in Michael's direction with what I thought was an adorable attempt at a death glare.  I don't know why Michael voted for him, though.  Unless he thought it might be a split vote due to an idol, but that wouldn't have made sense, either.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I wonder if he was blindsided by Michael voting for him.  If there had been another vote for Des, Jeff would have pulled it out.  But he pulled out 1 James, 1 Des, then 2 James and he was gone.  He looked in Michael's direction with what I thought was an adorable attempt at a death glare.  I don't know why Michael voted for him, though.  Unless he thought it might be a split vote due to an idol, but that wouldn't have made sense, either.

But Jeff didn't show the 5th vote, right?  James probably thought the 3 women voted him out. (Yeah, Jeff probably would have shown a second Des vote if there had been one, but who could know for sure?)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2
Just now, Haleth said:

But Jeff didn't show the 5th vote, right?  James probably thought the 3 women voted him out. 

But from a suspense stand point, if Des had another vote, I'm assuming it would have been shown.  So we would have seen 2 James, 2 Des, and the 3rd vote would have been James.  So since Jeff only read one vote for Des, he had to know that Michael and Angela at least turned on him.

But I don't know why he called it a blindside.  He knew their odds were slim, unless he was under the impression Michael was going.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

I don't know that anyone has gotten an edit quite like Chris. Well maybe Coach. It's so much a villain edit, but more the most self-absorbed moron who has ever come on the island. And on this show, boy is that saying something!

Which reminds me, I really do like Laurel and her reactions to him. 

Whoever is editing the show must be having a laugh at Chris!

At this point, Lauren and Wendell are coming across as the only sane, calm adults in the room.   

• Love 20

Swapopalooza!  Turning this into a 3 tribe mess?!  (breathe) I will reserve judgement.

So nasty Naviti gets a 3-2 advantage on all 3 teams?  ok  Statistics has always baffled me.

Dom Brad a marriage made in hell.  Condescending Chris, oy.  He really, really loves himself.

I love these blindfold challenges.  And Malolo loses again.  Save Michael!

"We don't know James" (Rage beginning...)

"Stay loyal to Naviti"  Because we tried to stab you in the back!  

Kellyn is evil."I just pray to God" that Angela is stupid enough to swallow my bullshit.  Looks like God was on her side tonight.

Angela, you have lost all the respect I had for you.  

Interesting James story.  US born, parents took him back to South Korea at age 2, then he just blew them off to go back to America at 16.  Wow.  

More Violins at tribal.  I feel like chasing down Angela on Twitter :)

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

But it's taken a downhill spiral since the first tribe swap.  Only thing I can look forward to is Naviti will eventually have to turn on each other-unless they are too caught up in Purple Strong to do that and just do rock paper scissors to see who gets voted out.

Sounds like Minnesota Vikings fans.

• Love 2

Chris is turning about to be one of my favorites this season. He is entertaining douche for sure and I have the feeling he is really playing it up during his confessionals. When he said that he didn't tell people he was a model because "for some reason people think we are self absorbed" I was dying.  I hope he sticks around for awhile.

• Love 18

As usual the best part of survivor will be watching these obnoxious people get voted out. Bradley and Chris make Dom seem likable. 

I'm rooting for Michael ot Wendell.

• Love 13

I caught the look on James’ face when he realized he was voted out.

Calling Keith Morrison, we got a future Dateline person to watch out for!!!

1 minute ago, LanceM said:

So for those keeping track at home: Angela is divorced,  Kellyn is divorced and Stephanie was divorced. Did they like purposely go out and cast divorced women? 

I think in a future season they need ALL bitter divorced people that they can find. THAT would be interesting. This isn’t.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, cleo said:

I'm rooting for Michael ot Wendell.

I'll include Laurel and her eyerolls at Chris. And it would be a good narrative if Donathan could somehow win. I realized this episode he kinda has a Forrest Gumpish vibe. And I mean that in a positive way.

• Love 16

I am not entirely convinced that Angela's vote tonight was stupid on her part for one reason. Michael voted for James too. If she knew that Michael was voting for James than her voting for Desiree would have been pointless.  We will have to see she gets to explain her vote in a secret scene or a confessional next week.

• Love 3

Random thoughts on episode 6 "James at 15"

• The secret to winning Survivor is to never divulge your backstory in an interview
  • I really wanted to hear cartoon sound effects during the Injury Challenge
  • Scuttling crabs!  Yes!  And a lurking crab, too!
  • When Michael finally gets voted out at his zillionth tribal, the producers will make him an ornament on Ghost Island.
  • Love 15

It seems apparent that Probst hates Wendell the way he was remorselessly throwing shade on him about leaving the bag behind. I'm sure it all stems back to episode one where Wendell called out Probst on something though I don't remember exactly what.

Also there seems to be plenty of hate on the editors for Chris the way they played the ridiculing music as he was pontificating.

For a moment it looked like James was going to murder someone at that tribal. He should be the poster boy for someone who gets screwed by a tribe shake-up. He was sitting pretty before the shakeup.

I'm sorry but mixing people back together means nothing because they switched in episode two before the majority of viewers had any idea who anyone was. So I couldn't tell you myself who was friends and on what team with what alliances back during the two-hour premiere. It really was a mistake to switch the tribes up as early as they did...especially now in retrospect because it gave up the team that always lost and engaged in textbook Pagonging.

Wow, Lauren's got abs I never noticed before. Sweet and she's safe so that's all that really matters to me about the episode and I am kind of glad that the blond pixie Dom thinks is a threat also was safe. I already was warming to her but I think Dom was overselling her as Parvati 2.0.

Had to give re-edit my post to give props for this GENERATION X

"Random thoughts on episode 6 "James at 15"

Now there is a reference that is going to fly over a lot of heads but I appreciate the shout out to the old NBC show of my youth!

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 6