Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

On 11/8/2019 at 5:10 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

He was a cutie

He was a cute enough kid based on physical appearance but my younger self hated Mikey Webber.  I don't even remember why except that I thought he was incredibly annoying.  To be fair, I was only 14 or so, so I myself was probably incredibly annoying at that stage. 🙂

• LOL 1

Aww.  It was nice to see Tony again (that shot of him listening to BJ’s heart beating in Maxie’s chest will always be my #1 GH moment)  but the scene he had with Bobbie was hella corny.  Her frozen face trying to convey emotion just wrecked it.

I keep forgetting how he died - was it the monkey flu that also killed Courtney?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

According to the latest promo, Anna finally shows up this week. 

I forgot to add in my SQUEE!!!! at Finola being in the opening credits last Friday. 'Bout DAMN TIME. And she BETTER not be all mopey, moopy, schmoopy, either. I want my BADASS Anna back.

And I also want a horsie.

ETA: And of course her hair is all shit.😒

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Okay, y'all, who should my new favorite character Brook Lynn hook up with. 

There's the new Nikolas, because those characters have history, but the history isn't great and pairing two newbies might not work. 

There's Dustin, which would be hot (I don't think Setton and Lawson really worked together on OLTL) and would let Setton get her scheming bitch on stealing him from Lulu, playing on that history.

There's Chase, would be a good way to shake up him and Willow if they've decided against Michael in that triangle.

Anybody I'm forgetting (I didn't forget LWB/FS, I just refuse to acknowledge)?

Chase. Although she can have Dustin if she wants. But I like Chase and would like someone with a little more oomph with him.

Nik and her were awkward and random the first time and would probably be so again.

Edited by ulkis
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Do we think Nik's for Ava, even with all that talk about him hating her for letting Valentin get away with "killing" him?

I thought I read that Maura tested with all the potential Nik's.

Well at least we know that Brook won't be paired up with Michael. 

• Love 1

Ava/Nikolas/Brook Lynn triangle. I'd bet on it. Then they can "do" two newbies while having a fan-favorite actor involved in it, and they have options open if the chemistry is lousy between Marcus Coloma and one of the women. Plus, they seem not to want Maura West/Ava to have an uncontested claim to a guy on this show for any length of time.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/8/2019 at 5:10 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ohhhhh! Right. Then there's Mike (yes, another Michael), who was Rick and Leslie's foster/adopted son, who turned out to be Ginny's and what'shisface's bio son. He was a cutie.

Had to look him up -- Derek Barrington. Man, going to college really left gaps in my GH education.

• LOL 1
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nik was Pretty Womaning Brook, which was ridiculous considering she was a Q. She knew which fork to use. It was so idiotic.

IIRC, the last time Nikolas mentioned BL long after she had left the show, he acknowledged having blackmailed/bribed her to get her ELQ shares and implied that he had memories of her being a good time (like she was a hooker).

• Love 1

He was a cute enough kid based on physical appearance but my younger self hated Mikey Webber.  I don't even remember why except that I thought he was incredibly annoying.  To be fair, I was only 14 or so, so I myself was probably incredibly annoying at that stage.

for me it was the fact that he always called Rick & Leslie "Doc Rick" and "Mom Leslie" inexplicably.  I remember him being pre-teen (like 11-12) but still acting like a 6 year old.

• Love 2
On 11/11/2019 at 9:18 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Do we think Nik's for Ava, even with all that talk about him hating her for letting Valentin get away with "killing" him?

Well, as it looked as though he kissed the side of her head/sniffed her hair when she fainted upon seeing him, I think there's a fine line between love and hate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/13/2019 at 6:08 PM, Pingaponga said:

Well, as it looked as though he kissed the side of her head/sniffed her hair when she fainted upon seeing him, I think there's a fine line between love and hate.

After re-watching the clip, it looked like he was going in for a kiss before she fainted. 

• Love 3

Another first-look pic of Brook: 

EJbCNxjWoAEXbJF?format=jpg&name=medium

I too, dear friends, bristled at seeing my girl Amanda Setton foisted into scenes with Sonny immediately upon her arrival (and at the Q manse no less, GET OUT OF THERE, SONNY, YOU MURDERED THE HOMEOWNER'S SON!).

Buuuut I guess it's in the history that Sonny and Lois were tight (they used to hit up gay clubs with Connie!) and Brook would know and like him.  Still, let's keep this to a minimum, shall we?

Also on the Brook tip, I read something on Twitter about casting sides indicating they were casting a love interest for Brook.  Could just be a guest character as part of her entrance or something more, guess we'll see.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I don't care if there is a history, it makes me sick to see her with him. I want to see her re-introduced with Ned/Olivia, Monica and whatever Q's are left. Rumor has it (do NOT quote me) that someone else is returning.

She looks great though.

• Love 4

OMG, y'all, don't tease me.  My girl Amanda Setton in a scene with Jane Elliot would be a sight to behold!

Hey, here's a question - will Brook have also changed her last name?  It'd be kinda weird if she was still Ashton while Ned's is Quartermaine.

• Love 1

Thinking of Brook and Sonny I thought oh yeah well lois and Sonny were friends but then the next thought was how much affection would she have for him? Unless they were skyping he wasn't around when she was growing up at all and she only interacted with him minimally with her short stints in Port Charles.

That's true.  My guess is that Sonny didn't seek her out, just that he stopped by THE HOME OF THE WOMAN WHOSE SON HE MURDERED for some other reason, sees Brook, and they have a little chat.

Oh gawd, ten bucks says they do a whole thing about Donna, Brook kissing his ass for honoring the woman from their neighborhood, etc.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

Thinking of Brook and Sonny I thought oh yeah well lois and Sonny were friends but then the next thought was how much affection would she have for him? Unless they were skyping he wasn't around when she was growing up at all and she only interacted with him minimally with her short stints in Port Charles.

I'm betting that it's less about the history of the characters and more about MB's minimums.

And everyone has to kiss the ring.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

OMG, y'all, don't tease me.  My girl Amanda Setton in a scene with Jane Elliot would be a sight to behold!

My squeeing will be heard in space if this happens.

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm betting that it's less about the history of the characters and more about MB's minimums.

And everyone has to kiss the ring.

I wish they'd reduce MB's minimums. It's ridiculous how Sonny gets shoved into scenes he has no place being.

And yes, everyone has to kiss the ring. There's more reason for Brook Lynn to see Sonny, but still—ugh.

• Love 3

Gawd it would be thrilling.  And it would be in-line with the recent Tony visit, it's clear this writing regime has put at least a tiny bit of thought into appealing to non-Sonny sectors.

Although I also saw on Twitter that stupid Amy 2.0 is coming back, so you can't have everything.

Edited by TeeVee329
19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey, here's a question - will Brook have also changed her last name?  It'd be kinda weird if she was still Ashton while Ned's is Quartermaine.

Maybe she'll use Cerullo, since she mostly grew up with that part of her family?

I pray to every soap deity that being Lois' daughter means "Uncle" Sonny won't add Brook to his collection of Hot Brunettes. I'm sorry to put it out there, but let's not pretend the thought hasn't been lurking in the back of all of our minds, like a knife-happy psycho in the backseat.

Amanda Setton looks great, though.

7 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ned is not Ned Ashton anymore? When did he change his last name to Quartermaine? And why?

A couple years ago. I’m assuming sometime before he married Olivia since she goes by Quartermaine. I think it had to do with distancing himself from his father since they brought him back a few years ago as a con artist with mob ties. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

A couple years ago. I’m assuming sometime before he married Olivia since she goes by Quartermaine. I think it had to do with distancing himself from his father since they brought him back a few years ago as a con artist with mob ties. 

Gotcha. Thanks!

I'm no big Sonny fan... but I don't understand how he apparently has ABC/GH by the balls to give him these crazy minimums, but they won't write him an actual story.... FV is touted as this big budget guy... but he's got a ton of actors on contract... and only a few get actual story.... wasting $$$ 

cut the pets and newbies and write for actual GH characters 

• Love 3

The problem is Sonny has been dominating the show for the past 25 years so there isn’t a lot they could write for him that hasn’t already been done. At least not without him showing any character growth, which they seem reluctant to do. They even stepped back from the mob stories but won’t have Sonny leave the mob, probably because he would have to acknowledge that there is something wrong with how he’s been living his life. That should be a sign that they should step back from that character and let the next generation take over but we know that’s not going to happen so we get him included in random storylines while his own don’t go anywhere.

They don’t even seem to want to give Carson any real angst in their relationship. It’s obvious that Sonny’s next “story“ is going to be him getting suspicious over Carly keeping a secret from him but we already know that there isn’t going to be any lasting damage or payoff from this so it’s going to be as pointless as baby Donna. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, makelemons said:

I'm no big Sonny fan... but I don't understand how he apparently has ABC/GH by the balls to give him these crazy minimums, but they won't write him an actual story.... FV is touted as this big budget guy... but he's got a ton of actors on contract... and only a few get actual story.... wasting $$$ 

cut the pets and newbies and write for actual GH characters 

Who are the pets and who are the GH characters though? Also I think they should stop writing for some of the GH characters too.

Edited by ulkis
4 hours ago, ffwbe said:

The problem is Sonny has been dominating the show for the past 25 years so there isn’t a lot they could write for him that hasn’t already been done. At least not without him showing any character growth, which they seem reluctant to do. They even stepped back from the mob stories but won’t have Sonny leave the mob, probably because he would have to acknowledge that there is something wrong with how he’s been living his life. That should be a sign that they should step back from that character and let the next generation take over but we know that’s not going to happen so we get him included in random storylines while his own don’t go anywhere.

They don’t even seem to want to give Carson any real angst in their relationship. It’s obvious that Sonny’s next “story“ is going to be him getting suspicious over Carly keeping a secret from him but we already know that there isn’t going to be any lasting damage or payoff from this so it’s going to be as pointless as baby Donna. 

They just seem to keep these people around because they look familiar to the audience and have "fanbases," yet none of those fanbases can fix or get back any of the ratings they've lost in 20 years.  I can only hope they've smartened up with giving Sam and Carly less these past few months but I won't be hopeful until the new year to see if they are truly committed to that. These characters are done since TPTB refuse to actually make them be the bad guys or at least reflect on the bad life choices.  

I just know Carly and Sam have been on a lot less than usual and it has been barely noticeable.  There's not enough audience to care that Sam is off screen 'rotting' in jail.  There are never any stakes on this show and it's more blatant with these four than anyone else.  Nothing ever happens that causes any drama.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

At least Sonny and Carly can be fun to hate sometimes, and Maurice Benard does try to give effective performances within his means, and Laura Wright always shows up. I don't see how anyone can get any pleasure out of watching Kelly Monaco anymore. When I watch an old clip from 10 or 15 years ago -- mind you, I wasn't a Sam fan then either -- I see a remarkable difference. There used to be some kind of energy level. Now she just sulks and murmurs and seems to want to be somewhere else, no matter what the scene is. 

• Love 6
On 11/17/2019 at 4:14 PM, Asp Burger said:

I don't see how anyone can get any pleasure out of watching Kelly Monaco anymore. When I watch an old clip from 10 or 15 years ago -- mind you, I wasn't a Sam fan then either -- I see a remarkable difference. There used to be some kind of energy level. Now she just sulks and murmurs and seems to want to be somewhere else, no matter what the scene is. 

I guess you missed it when Sam showed signs of life in a scene a few months ago. She was pretending (unfortunately) to be done with Jason to pull a con on Shiloh, but then Shiloh witnessed a kiss so they staged a fight. Sam slapped Jason across the face for the 'unwanted' kiss and yelled at him. That was the most energized Monaco has been in a long time .... it was an entertaining moment to watch. 

• LOL 4

The sad and gross part is that Sam had more chemistry with Shiloh than she's had with Jason in the two years since he's been back. Not that they should have gone there certainly, but this show is such a miss with pairings in general it's insane. There's not one couple on canvas that has chemistry that I can see.

• Love 9

I might tune in for this.

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/11/jane-elliot-returns-to-general-hospital.html

Jane Elliot Returns to General Hospital!

Soap Opera News14:58

Tracy Quartermaine is coming back! Rumors have been swirling for a while that Jane Elliot would reprise her General Hospital role this holiday. Now, the rumors have been confirmed by EW. Elliot who was last seen on the show in May 2017 when she opted to go into retirement returns in December to stir some trouble on Port Charles as per usual. Be sure to watch 'GH' weekdays on ABC!

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, ouinason said:

And Tracy coming home.  That is a true miracle!

Who cares about Sam?  not me.

And thank god this long national nightmare of FranknDrew will finally be over!!

You wanna talk about long national nightmares? Six and half years of Franco! : p

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Hayden's "gone" by end of the week or as soon as we can get caught back up from Impeachment Hospital. And no, I'm not happy about it.Not likely.

What is the point of having her rent Kim's apartment and then leave right away? Why have her leave just as Anna returns? As Franco has the procedure and Elizabeth needs her support?

It's a completely waste of the soapy potential

• Love 7