Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I don't know what will happen with Howarth, but the time spent reuniting Franco and Liz isn't a factor, IMO. Maybe the writers worked on that story with the expectation that Franco would be part of General Hospital for a long time, but the story ended with the payoff of his unDrewing. If production now can't make a deal with the actor, we'll get a recast or a write-out. If the write-out is of a tragic nature, then Liz's dialogue will take care of itself. The time they were separated and she was fighting to get his identity restored will just add another layer of (intended, anyway) poignancy.  

And I think if Howarth decides not to renew, the smarter play would be cutting the character loose, rather than looking for Franco #3. He's always going to be a polarizing character, and aside from Liz and her sons, he doesn't have strong ties to anyone except Scott, who's on infrequently. He's friends with Ava and Liesl, but they have other talk-tos.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Roger Howarth and William deVry out, Matt Cohen and Bree Williamson back in? 

https://soapdirt.com/general-hospital-casting-leak-franco-julian-may-go-griffin-back-to-stay-soon/

I wouldn’t be shocked if WDV was out this year. They’ve done almost nothing with him so I didn’t get why they brought him back in 2017. The show seems to love Franco though so I would be surprised he’s out unless RH chooses to leave.

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I think they should do 1 year contracts for these shows.  It gives them all more options and lets story dictate who is on the show more.  LW and MB's contracts are ruining this show.

They'd be re-negotiating 30 contracts every year, that would be a damn huge pain the ass. LW's monthly appearances seem to have gone down so I don't know how damaging it is.

51 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I'm no daytime exec, but if they value RoHo and he's nervous about a three-year contract, wouldn't the obvious thing be....offer him a shorter contract?

I think the only one who cares is FV. And apparently last time around he was going to let RHo leave if he didn't sign a multi year contract, RH was the one who caved.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Is Soap Dirt a reliable site? 

I find it hard to believe that RH would leave.  Where else is he going to get a job where he can go around stuffing his face while he phones it in?

Please no Claudette.  Or Griffin.  Ever.  Not even in small doses.

• Love 10

Minimalist spoilers for the week of January 27. 

Jax wonders what the last straw will be.

Michael and Sasha relocate.

Tracy and Ned disagree.

Carly is worried.

Finn is upset.

Anna feels protective.

Jason delivers a warning.

Curtis is suspicious.

Sonny faces down an enemy.

Nelle is miserable.

Nina is disgusted.

Martin gets a call.

Sonny worries about Mike.

Carly tries to get to the truth.

Anna feels strained.  

The patented Liz girly slap returns. I had to go back a few times to verify that Nikolas is the recipient; it's such a quick cut.  

Oh, Spencer. Haircut, immediately. You now resemble a slimmed-down version of "Pat" on those Julia Sweeney SNL skits.  

• Love 2

And we get another shootout where the wrong people get hurt/die.

37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Michael, if you have to stop seeing the woman you love because she is in danger from your father's enemies, maybe you should reconsider how much of a good guy he is.

#TooStupidToRunELQ

LOL. I'm sure the takeaway from this is that MIchael lurves Sasha. Zzzz. Her days are now officially numbered.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And we get another shootout where the wrong people get hurt/die.

LOL. I'm sure the takeaway from this is that MIchael lurves Sasha. Zzzz. Her days are now officially numbered.

Of course we do!

He did! He shouted “Because I LOVE you!!!” in that clip.

That line from Jordan about a turf war aired TWO WEEKS ago.

Have they identified who Sonny’s latest enemy is yet? I doubt I’d watch it but usually there’s some sort of build up. Unless Gladys really is involved, are they really planning on having a mob storyline without introducing the actual enemy?

4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Have they identified who Sonny’s latest enemy is yet? I doubt I’d watch it but usually there’s some sort of build up. Unless Gladys really is involved, are they really planning on having a mob storyline without introducing the actual enemy?

No.

I can't believe that promo taking what felt like a full minute for that declaration of love from Michael to Sasha, as if this is something we've been dying to see.  Whatever.

Also, Willow's burn to Nelle was so lukewarm-ly delivered, I found myself appreciating Chloe Lanier's very drawl-y "Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch" after she left.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Unless Gladys really is involved, are they really planning on having a mob storyline without introducing the actual enemy?

Why take the time for something so unimportant? We already know who's going to win. Let's have more of Michael agonizing over being apart from Sasha!

• LOL 7
On 1/20/2020 at 11:51 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And 3...2...1... there goes Jax, after someone else’s sloppy seconds!🤢🤢🤢🤢🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I REALLY hope that was Liz slapping Nik.

Jax with Nina was definitely the gag-worthy of that promo.

It was definitely Liz slapping Nik. Jax told her about what Nik did to Hayden, from what it sounds like.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Well that was a waste of a perfectly good shootout! I mean, the only ones who got killed were the ‘bad guys’ shooting at Sonny et all. Oh and Laura because she was too stupid to just stay down while the bullets were flying.

snd then the big reveal: Gladys’ son is still alive and saved Carly. I mean he had her right there. Why not just shoot her in the head and put us out of our misery???

so Michael plans to move Sasha into the Q mansion along with Nelle? Yeah that’s gonna make for some uncomfortable breakfast conversation.

• Love 2
On 1/21/2020 at 2:39 PM, ffwbe said:

The show has gotten a little better since the HW change but I think it’s still failing on romances if they think Jax/Nina or Michael/Sasha are a draw.

At least Ingo and Cynthia are decent actors and can sell the pairing. Chad Duell never looks entirely comfortable when his scenes go even remotely romantic.

As are others, I'm annoyed Jax once again gets someone's very sloppy seconds.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Well that was a waste of a perfectly good shootout! I mean, the only ones who got killed were the ‘bad guys’ shooting at Sonny et all. Oh and Laura because she was too stupid to just stay down while the bullets were flying.

This makes it sound like Laura got killed as well. But that's not the case, right?

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This makes it sound like Laura got killed as well. But that's not the case, right?

sorry, no she didn't die and I doubt she will. But she stupidly got up and ran while bullets were flying in her direction, so she was shot in the abdomen/side. And the ambulance took its sweet time getting there, despite the fact that she's THE MAYOR!

48 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

sorry, no she didn't die and I doubt she will. But she stupidly got up and ran while bullets were flying in her direction, so she was shot in the abdomen/side. And the ambulance took its sweet time getting there, despite the fact that she's THE MAYOR!

Silly Sake! the idiot ambulance/EMTs only arrive timely when it's Mooby and his many spawn are injured! You should know that by now!

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Silly Sake! the idiot ambulance/EMTs only arrive timely when it's Mooby and his many spawn are injured! You should know that by now!

Laura and Sonny share a grandson, Lulu and Dante's son. so I guess that should mean she's still family to him? Of course, Laura's ex holds a tiny bit of responsibility for the many spawn - Sonny once told Luke that seeing him with Lucky (being a dad looked like fun) made him want to become a father.

Just now, Bringonthedrama said:

Laura and Sonny share a grandson, Lulu and Dante's son. so I guess that should mean she's still family to him? Of course, Laura's ex holds a tiny bit of responsibility for the many spawn - Sonny once told Luke that seeing him with Lucky (being a dad looked like fun) made him want to become a father.

Please. Don't remind me. I continue to be bitter that Laura didn't hold onto her rage and anger toward Mooby when Lucky "died." I remember loving her calling both Mooby and Borg "Murderer!"

The fact that Lucky didn't die, is beside the point.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Please. Don't remind me. I continue to be bitter that Laura didn't hold onto her rage and anger toward Mooby when Lucky "died." I remember loving her calling both Mooby and Borg "Murderer!"

The fact that Lucky didn't die, is beside the point.

They are murderers, but in that case Luke deserved her rage. Luke, not Sonny, was Lucky's father. It was always Luke (and Laura's) responsibility as parents to protect Lucky. Luke always knew who/what those two were and that they weren't *really* safe company/associates for him or his young son, but he wanted to trust them so he did.  Luke was no more a responsible father than Sonny has been; Sonny's irresponsibility is just much more noticeable because he is still so dominant on the show and keeps fathering children.  Just as tween Michael got shot in the head for being near Sonny in the warehouse, child/tween Lucky got shot because he followed his father into a dangerous situation because he idolized Luke so much and wanted to be with him. 

Adult Lucky as played by JJ commented to Helena on her and Luke's sick obsession/games with each other. And that was before Helena and newly back-from-the-dead Stavros kidnapped Lulu (for JMB's exit and ER taking over the role).

• Love 2

I may have had this argument before with you @Bringonthedrama but at that point that Lucky started helping out Jason there was pretty much nothing Luke could do. He did his best to mitigate it by asking Jason to not give him anything associated with business.

I do wonder, if JJ had stayed, if they would have written him in the mob. That would have been ridiculous, for many reasons.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

They are murderers, but in that case Luke deserved her rage. Luke, not Sonny, was Lucky's father. It was always Luke (and Laura's) responsibility as parents to protect Lucky. Luke always knew who/what those two were and that they weren't *really* safe company/associates for him or his young son, but he wanted to trust them so he did.  

Yes, yes, I know, I know. But at that time, Lucky had moved out/left home, due to the fallout of his learning that Luke had raped Laura, and that he considered Laura and his parents' relationship just sick. In light of Elizabeth's recent rape.  And if I recall, Lucky wasn't doing any illegal errands for Jason or Mooby at the time. Of course we all learned that Lucky didn't really die, but Faison set it up, along with Helena's help. But still. I wish Laura didn't change her mind. Just like Robin* did. 

*Yeah, yeah, blah, blah, Robin escaping from Faison, et al., and her forgiving that murdering asshole, because she nearly died and was kept away from Patrick, Emma, Robert and Anna. I'll forever hold this against Carliwhat'shisname for doing that. Robin cutting Mooby out of her life was the single most BEST thing she did, after being his apologist, like FOREVER.

And sorry, maybe we should move this to the history thread? *meep!*

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I may have had this argument before with you @Bringonthedrama but at that point that Lucky started helping out Jason there was pretty much nothing Luke could do. He did his best to mitigate it by asking Jason to not give him anything associated with business.

I don't recall. My point was that Luke was the one who introduced Lucky to Sonny and Jason when he was a kid. I remember that Sonny was Luke's "trusted friend" who went fishing with father and son. Lucky believed in/trusted Sonny and Jason as a result of his father trusting them when he should have known better.  I think of it this way: a parent smokes in front of their child and acts like it's no big deal, all the while knowing what smoking does to the body and also that their child looks up to them as a role model.

14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, yes, I know, I know. But at that time, Lucky had moved out/left home, due to the fallout of his learning that Luke had raped Laura, and that he considered Laura and his parents' relationship just sick. In light of Elizabeth's recent rape.  And if I recall, Lucky wasn't doing any illegal errands for Jason or Mooby at the time.

I well remember that Lucky didn't want to be around his parents because he decided that their relationship was sick. Doing illegal errands or not isn't the point. It's about guilt/danger by association. Child/young teen Lucky never should have thought of Sonny and Jason as decent, safe or trustworthy people in the first place.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I do wonder, if JJ had stayed, if they would have written him in the mob. That would have been ridiculous, for many reasons.

I think if JJ stayed, he would have become the new Jason when SB left the first time ala Zander or someone like Ethan. No way they would have him become a cop. Ironically, JJ got to return to a much more interesting character because of the recast than he would have been if he stayed that whole time. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think if JJ stayed, he would have become the new Jason when SB left the first time ala Zander or someone like Ethan. No way they would have him become a cop. 

No but I don't think he would have definotely necessarily gone into the mob. It's probably a good thing JJ left at that point though. 

7 hours ago, ulkis said:

I wasn't watching at the time but I thought that Luke had something to do with Jason joining Sonny  Otherwise the errands Lucky was running for Jason would have been picking up motorcycle parts.

Is Alexis going to have a chance to get angry at Nikolas too?  Will they use Spencer's anger at Nik to justify keeping him in his French school next winter? Will Alexis ever get a relationship that doesn't blow up before it starts?  Why is Laura now Mayor Collins when she took back her maiden name last year?  Questions about anyone but the mob.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I wasn't watching at the time but I thought that Luke had something to do with Jason joining Sonny  Otherwise the errands Lucky was running for Jason would have been picking up motorcycle parts.

I'm almost positive Luke had nothing to do with Jason going to work for Sonny 

Lucky was washing cars for Jason.

10 hours ago, ulkis said:

I'm almost positive Luke had nothing to do with Jason going to work for Sonny 

Lucky was washing cars for Jason.

I'm almost positive, too.

I do remember Luke asking Jason to keep Lucky out of anything illegal and Jason talking to someone (Robin?) about Luke trying to "control [Lucky's] life." Even though he wasn't in fact doing anything illegal.

Though I recall at least once that Jason/Sonny sent him somewhere (Canada? Rochester?) to deliver something, though I don't remember what.

I think that if JJ had stayed he'd have maybe flirted with the mob but ended up a PI or something that let him break the law but not look like a child soldier, because JJ was never going to pull off mob thug.  I think the cop turn was the better and more interesting story choice for the character because it spit in Luke's face, but I don't think JJ would have been good with that transition.  JY wasn't great, but I believed that he wanted to give Luke the finger and be a cop to help people as well.  GV did cop very well, and JJ was able to step into that as an older actor well.  

Not that JJ wasn't good, but his baby face lasted a very long time.  And as hard as we have to strain ourselves seeing RH look like a 22 year old with a teenage son (even though she's entirely age appropriate)  I would break something seeing 2002 JJ try and pull off police authority.  

Edited by ouinason
Ulkis was right, I meant RH. I fixed it
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I meant RH.  I went back and fixed it.  I should not have a conversation and type at the same time.  

I thought that but then I wasn't sure. I don't think RH looks 22 though.

Edited by ulkis
On 1/27/2020 at 2:36 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

This makes me think about how, just after Sonny and Luke started working together on mob-ish stuff, preteen Lucky got shot. I guess Sonny didn't really absorb enough from observing Luke and Lucky.

I really hope they didn't bring Taggert back just to make him "dirty." Spoilers aren't promising about Curtis hating him and coming to blows with him. I guess that that could just be about jealousy and a triangle with Jordan. It would certainly prove Jordan has a type! But I could see Show positioning him as a villain across the board, both disrupting a happily married couple and being involved in a criminal plot against Sonny. No one can be an incorrigible Sonny hater and get away with it, even after 17 years away.  

I saw Peter's name in some spoilers for the next two weeks. I had all but forgotten that that story was still going on, and it was a nice feeling. The reminder was like the card in the mail that it's time to go back to the dentist.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4

New promo: 

It is such trash that Tracy and the Q's have to deal with Nelle because of trifling Michael and trifling Oscar and, if you want to dig deeper, Carly being believable as a kidney thief.

Speaking of Carly, the way she's talking to Brad in this clip annoyed me, like she's in charge of the situation.  Brad is Lucas' HUSBAND, lady, back it up. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

On one hand, I am glad that JJ didn’t stay because they would have definitely found some way to ruin him, but on the other hand, as a big Liz/Lucky I did want them to always get their happily ever after; especially since I always thought Lucky would always be Liz’s true love.

• Love 7