Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

so the only thing Valentin's DNA test proved was that he wasn't related to Alexis, right?  or was Nik tested too?

Could they be trying to de-Cassadine Alexis?  did anything ever come of the story they tried to start with Alexis and an old watch/jewelry and old pics of Mikkos?

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
2 hours ago, makelemons said:

so the only thing Valentin's DNA test proved was that he wasn't related to Alexis, right?  or was Nik tested too?

Yes, Nik was also tested.

But since both Valentin and Alexis were supposed to have the same father (Mikkos), that was the important match. I guess? There still seems to be some room for shenanigans, even without some dumb retcon.

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But since both Valentin and Alexis were supposed to have the same father (Mikkos), that was the important match. I guess? There still seems to be some room for shenanigans, even without some dumb retcon.

I think so. I don't really know how this show uses DNA, but I think, they had Alexis be tested, because as you stated, it's a closer familial relationship. Whereas Nik also has Mikkos' DNA, but it's...ACK, never mind. I'm giving myself a headache. Maybe Alexis was the control, or something. I don't know.

I think their thought process is that Valentin’s DNA matching Nik but not matching Alexis will prove that he’s related to Helena but not Mikkos. Technically they also could use it to de-Cassadine Alexis but I don’t think there would be much payoff in that since she barely associated herself with the Cassadines these days. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Yeah, Valentine is Nik's uncle either way.  Poor Charlotte can't even get a little less related to Spencer.

ETA: I know the idea that maybe Val is Faison's son was sort of laughed at here, but I live in dread.  I'm grossed out to think that guy has 3 kids already, much less another.  SKEEVED!

Edited by ouinason
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Week of February 24: 

Michael enjoys his morning.

Monica receives good news.

Jason is of comfort.

Nelle digs her heels in.

Carly delivers a stern warning.

Sam unleashes on Julian.

Jordan brings Laura up to speed.

Nikolas confides in Liz,

Joss gets surprising information.

Carly is alarmed.

Alexis thinks about what might have been.

Trina and Cameron head out on their first date.

Spinelli comes through.

Willow shocks Michael.

Sasha needs to do what is right for her.

• Useful 1

Are Trina and Cameron going to prom together, or is this another date?

13 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Sam unleashes on Julian.

What is Sam's obsession with making Julian teh evull? Even Molly and Kristina seem to have made peace with him. Sam spends her life propping mobsters, is she projecting on the Julian?

15 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Sasha needs to do what is right for her.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzz

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
31 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Sam unleashes on Julian.

What is Sam's obsession with making Julian teh evull? Even Molly and Kristina seem to have made peace with him. Sam spends her life propping mobsters, is she projecting on the Julian?

Sonny and Jason are the best mobster evah!

• LOL 2

Sam’s on the same level as Sonny to me when it comes to whose the biggest hypocrite on the show so her going off on Julian isn’t surprising to me. How often have we heard her going off on people saying Jason is a good person when someone said something about him? I think her character has gotten somewhat of a pass compared to Sonny, Jason, and Carly because some people still like her when she’s around her family or in pairings other than Jason but she’s a lost cause to me. 

• Love 10

The one thing I did notice in this promo was that they picked some scenes where there was actually a family resemblance between Lucas and Julian. (Or maybe it's just the scruff . . . )

• Useful 1

That was one long promo. 

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

"and Chad Duell" credits

LOL. I hope Mo is seething. Heh.

I kind of dread the secret coming out, if only because the fallout will be so predictable. Brad, Julian, and Nelle are selfish, horrible scum personified; Michael is the poor father who missed his son's first years (hardly); Willow will probably have some sort of breakdown, as she's a wimmins and she finds out her child died; Sonny, Carly, Bobbie, and the rest of the town gets to crow and feel morally superior.

Ugh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, rur said:

The one thing I did notice in this promo was that they picked some scenes where there was actually a family resemblance between Lucas and Julian. (Or maybe it's just the scruff . . . )

Which would be pure coincidence as Julian's got plastic surgery do redo his face as part of his deal with witness protection.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Which would be pure coincidence as Julian's got plastic surgery do redo his face as part of his deal with witness protection.

You're right; I'd totally forgotten that. 

9 hours ago, bannana said:

I really liked my idea better; that Lucas has known ever since he woke up about Wiley, and he was good with keeping it a secret and moving to Portland.

Damn.

zach galifianakis GIF

Well you know, this show has a way of disappointing. 

• Love 3

For real, between this and not making Shiloh’s death a whodunit, this show really finds the lamest ways to wrap up these long storylines. There were so many ways that this story could have salvaged into something interesting and making Brad and Julian the villains isn’t it. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 8

Teasers for the week of March 2, from Soaps.com:

Multiple casualties are admitted to the ER at General Hospital.

Laura is confrontational.

Sonny demands answers.

Brook Lynn is anxious.

Michael looks to Ned for support.

Alexis offers legal advice.

Jason confronts Curtis.

Willow has a hard time facing reality.

Chase looks to Michael for advice.

Ava visits Elizabeth.

Jordan is furious.

Spinelli presses Obrecht.

Alexis runs into Nelle.

Anna corners Obrecht.

Finn bonds with Violet.

On 2/21/2020 at 5:40 PM, Asp Burger said:

Alexis offers legal advice.

This is a spoiler?

Spinelli presses Obrecht.

Anna corners Obrecht

At first I wondered what Obrecht would know about Peter (oh, joy) but then I remembered that Jason was involved in the Brad baby swap too.  It feels like the only storyline that Jason and Sonny aren't involved in is Nik's return but I'm sure they'll be involved in that too soon..

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It feels like the only storyline that Jason and Sonny aren't involved in is Nik's return but I'm sure they'll be involved in that too soon..

Why hasn't Jason or Elizabeth asked Nikki why he lied or was mistaken about Drew being Jason?? 

The Lie ™ seemed to be a big deal a few years ago.... so why not address it now?

• Love 2
(edited)

I just don't see them going out of their way to bring Drew up at this point. His son and his former love interest are history now, as is the memory-transfer business, so the whole Billy Miller era can become one of those soap speed bumps. If the show is still attracting new viewers, they will ultimately assume Jason is the father of both of Sam's kids. The writing already encourages that with the way "Danny&Scout" get bundled in the dull Jasam discussions. 

If Drew ever did return, played by any actor, he could get the instant re-granting of importance: onscreen reunion with a SORASed Scout, reconnection with whichever members of Team Drew are still around at that time (Monica, Curtis, Franco, etc. ). But presently, my read is that they see him as a character who lifted right out and isn't part of future story decisions.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5

So are they going to shoot T.J. and have Molly find out that she a.) isn't family and can't see him in the hospital, and b.) is not allowed to choose his medical care. ?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, ciarra said:

So are they going to shoot T.J. and have Molly find out that she a.) isn't family and can't see him in the hospital, and b.) is not allowed to choose his medical care. ?

Given the way that CarSon barge into any hospital room they take a fancy to, I was under the impression that anybody could walk in and start bossing the doctors and nurses around.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Unless Jordan is going to be a bitch and exclude Molly, that really shouldn't happen in terms of seeing him in the hospital. The medical care might be more probable as I wouldn't trust Jordan's judgement in anything.

• Love 1

Everyone should have designated someone as their medical and legal representatives but given TJ's age, I would assume that it's still Jordan.

I could say that with Taggart being shot and (hopefully almost) dying, Molly would realize that life is short and agree to marry TJ in  a ceremony at City Hall but given how accepting she is of the violence in Sonny's life, that would be doubtful.

It would be lovely if they could talk it out, maybe have a couples session with Neil where Molly can talk about what she's really afraid of.  But the only thing I'm sure of is that TFGH is going to gloss over this story for more Michael angst and Sam bitching about how unfair Doris is to keep the felon lovers apart.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I could say that with Taggart being shot and (hopefully almost) dying, Molly would realize that life is short and agree to marry TJ in  a ceremony at City Hall but given how accepting she is of the violence in Sonny's life, that would be doubtful.

Molly doesn't know Taggert or Trina. These people are nothing to her.

Those super-broad spoilers for next week do say that "Molly presses Jordan for info" and that "Jordan is beside herself," so some life-or-death situation with TJ would seem to be a good guess.  

Most of them were so boring that I didn't even want to bring them over. Things like "Maxie supports Peter," "Julian runs into Ava" and "Sonny makes his intentions clear," which could apply to any week.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

Me: My girl Amanda Setton joining as a Q prolonged things, but I am rapidly losing interest in the show again.  There's only so much my blood pressure can take of Carly and Sonny and Carly.

The Show: Wait, wait, don't go....we'll bring back Britt!

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-kelly-thiebaud-on-return-to-gh/

Me: Oh well played, Show, welllllllll plaaaaaaaayed.

Oooh there's a lot of juiciness I want from this visit.  Some good stuff with Dr. O, they didn't interact at all last time.  Being there to support Brad, maybe scrapping with Lucas BFF Brook over the situation.  Interacting with the new Nik, she could be a fun part of that storyline with Ava.  Woo! #teambritt

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Poor @jsbt. Hope someone hides the sharp objects with Britt coming around again!

ETA: And I admit to being far removed from whatever is going on but am gleaning that Molly/TJ are at odds because Molly doesn't want to get married. Aren't they still in their early 20s? What's the damned rush?

Or why do they have to be married at all to remain a couple in love?

Whatever.

• LOL 1
14 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Molly/TJ are at odds because Molly doesn't want to get married. Aren't they still in their early 20s? What's the damned rush?

Not so much a rush when we heard that they're been together for 8 YEARS (!!!).  That's a lifetime in soaps, particularly for young characters like they are.

• Love 2

The end of this promo pisses me off:

I dunno whether it's the hypocricy ("You must suffer for stealing a man's son," says Sonny, son stealer who ended up murdering the man whose son he stole) or the oversized role he and Carly are playing in this (why isn't Michael sneaking in for a big confronation with Brad, or hey, HOW ABOUT LUCAS).

Probably both.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Britt and Julian have sex.

Well the spoiler was that he hooks up with someone unexpected and obviously no one guessed her. I’m hoping there’s an actual storyline reason behind that one because I think the show is really at a loss with what to do with Julian. 

• Love 3