Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

On 11/29/2020 at 12:00 PM, dubbel zout said:

Olivia can shove it for demeaning pizza for Thanksgiving, given how annoying she was about wanting a pizza oven. Gah.

I always assumed that Ned was somewhat rich. Why doesn't he and Olivia build a new custom home for themselves and move out of his aunt's home?

• Love 1

There was a lot of board discussion about that during the great pizza-oven debate of summer 2017. If realism were of the most concern, the solution would be for this husband and wife of around 60 and 50 respectively - both people of means, since she's a business owner herself -- to get their own place where Olivia could go wild with acquisitions and decorations without stepping on the toes of Monica or Monica's employees. Alternatively, they could have moved into that guest house where Ned used to live. The set is long gone, but they could make another one.  

But the hard truth is that the Qs are now of secondary or tertiary importance. It's more practical to cluster what is left of the family into the mansion and show them getting on each other's nerves. It keeps alive a fragile link to a past when this family was the show's center.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5

With Franco going to Switzerland, does this mean Roger Howarth is leaving?   I keep hearing rumors etc.    I’ve noticed Franco hasn’t had much screen time, plus with the tumor returning and the rumors of cuts.   Is he one of them?   I figured you guys would know.  

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Oh, man. I was just saying in the other forum that Carly's grown out of her Jason obsession. But if Sonny doesn't remember her and Sam has left Jason, who knows?

and Laura Wright has been banging very hard on that drum lately. She even said she wants it to turn out that Michael is Jason's son recently.

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

and Laura Wright has been banging very hard on that drum lately. She even said she wants it to turn out that Michael is Jason's son recently.

Carly, we just saw Michael's love handles. He can only be AJ's!  (I kid, I kid.)

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I'll be very upset if the Corinthos family is deprived of happiness and cheer at Christmas. They've been through so much. It's bad enough that we won't get a romantic moment under the mistletoe for Jason and Sam. So I'm pinning my hopes on Willow reading a Christmas story to Wiley, and Michael gazing at her adoringly. 

• LOL 16

Yes. He peers through the window, with big fake-looking snowflakes falling on him, and that's when we start hearing Epiphany singing "Silent Night" on the soundtrack. Then there's a montage of other Port Charles Christmas stuff. When we see Chase again, some time has passed and he's drunk and crying at a bar. Finn comes in, and we see Finn mouthing the words "Let's get you home, little brother" while Epiphany is concluding with "Sleep in heavenly peace."

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

When we see Chase again, some time has passed and he's drunk and crying at a bar.

LOL. Or he's still outside the Q mansion, and a single, solitary tear rolls down his cheek. Finn finds him and gently takes him to his place, so he can spend the night with his family.

• Love 2
On 12/18/2020 at 6:11 PM, ulkis said:

She even said she wants it to turn out that Michael is Jason's son recently.

Wow, she's desperate if she's calling for a 20+ year historical rewrite.  Jason hadn't touched her for a year by the time Michael was conceived.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Is there ANYONE who believes Sonny is actually dead? It's so ridiculous. The soap is not going to kill off its male lead (unfortunately for us).

His fans will be so happy.

I'm not looking forward to the tongue baths Sonny gets when he shows up.

• Love 2
On 12/18/2020 at 8:11 PM, ulkis said:

Carly does understand that even if that were to be true, Michael would still be a Quartermaine?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Carly does understand that even if that were to be true, Michael would still be a Quartermaine?

Aj's life would have been ruined for nothing. Michael has been a giant milestone around AJ's neck since the day Michael was conceived. However, Michael wouldn't be the obvious "heir apparent" because Jason is technically a bastard and never married Carly. 

The whole reason that Robin and Sonny knew that Jason was lying about being Michael's father is because they knew his holiness wouldn't break a promise (never sleeping with Carly again) to Robin. 

• Love 1
On 12/21/2020 at 12:46 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Wow, she's desperate if she's calling for a 20+ year historical rewrite.  Jason hadn't touched her for a year by the time Michael was conceived.

I can’t blame LW for wanting to shake things up. I mean, at this point Carly is basically the GH version of Gladys Kravitz. I wouldn’t mind it, either, if it leads to a Carly/Jason pairing. No, the characters don’t need more screen time, but they’re going to get it anyway, so why not have them play out a story that’s a little different than the same old, same old. 

As far as rewrites not making historical sense, well, it’s never stopped them before.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I can’t blame LW for wanting to shake things up. I mean, at this point Carly is basically the GH version of Gladys Kravitz. I wouldn’t mind it, either, if it leads to a Carly/Jason pairing. No, the characters don’t need more screen time, but they’re going to get it anyway, so why not have them play out a story that’s a little different than the same old, same old.

I don't blame her that either, but I don't think making retconning Michael's paternity is the way to do it. Why, exactly, would it change anything between them? Michael's a grown man, they can't play the Baby as Shorthand for True Love card. They can't play the Reconnecting Over Our Newfound Adult Child card, either, since they three of them have never been out of each other's lives (except when Jason was "dead"). It would be rewriting history for no reason and no payoff. To say nothing of being a final shit on poor AJ's grave. And, let's face it, if there was even the slightest one-in-a-million chance that Michael was really Jason's, Carly would never have let it go

As for actually doing Carly/Jason again, I go back and forth. On one hand, this would really blow up the stale Sonny/Jason/Carly dynamic. If the three of them finally cannibalized each other... On the other hand, I love it that Carly, who goes through life stumbling into piles of shit and emerging dripping with diamonds, has this one thing she badly wants but will never have.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

If they were to go there with Carly and Jason again, now would be a great time actually.  Jason's not with Sam, Sonny is apparently missing/presumed dead, Jason tries to comfort Carly and it goes too far, and then Sonny pops back up with or without (blech) amnesia.  Sure, it would lead to a horrible denouncement after months of talking about their secret in public where Sonny gets to scream and call Carly a whore, but still, it would be a soapy twist.

And it would spare Britt from mob dong!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't want Carly and Jason to hook up. One of the things I like is that they did it once and he's noped out ever since. 

Well they did it more than once but once Jason shut it down, they were done.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

If they were to go there with Carly and Jason again, now would be a great time actually.  Jason's not with Sam, Sonny is apparently missing/presumed dead, Jason tries to comfort Carly and it goes too far, and then Sonny pops back up with or without (blech) amnesia.  Sure, it would lead to a horrible denouncement after months of talking about their secret in public where Sonny gets to scream and call Carly a whore, but still, it would be a soapy twist.

And it would spare Britt from mob dong!

Britt is burdened with Jason and apparently Sam and Dante are forming a friendship. :weeps blood:

Edited by ulkis
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Britt is burdened with Jason and apparently Sam and Dante are forming a friendship. :weeps:

I hope while Dante is trying to complete the mission, he shoots Sam because this does not make sense. Anything more than friendship? Ugh. She has slept with his father, his uncle, and even his brother-in-law. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, nilyank said:

She has slept with his father, his uncle, and even his brother-in-law. 

Soaps! It took me a minute on that last one, I admit. "Wait, Nikolas is her cousin, when did THAT...oh, Lucky, that's right." How could I forget about sex in the hot but? I am shamed.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

The Sonny/Carly/Jason grouping is very old and tired.  I'm all for a Jason/Sonny hook-up. It's been true love for a long time.

2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I can’t blame LW for wanting to shake things up. I mean, at this point Carly is basically the GH version of Gladys Kravitz.

LOL. But true. She doesn't have her own stories, she just sticks her nose in other peoples'.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I hope while Dante is trying to complete the mission, he shoots Sam because this does not make sense. Anything more than friendship? Ugh. She has slept with his father, his uncle, and even his brother-in-law. 

We can only hope.

RE the bold:  Disgusting.  I totally forgot about Lucky. Don't they share a sibling too? Ick.

Edited by Hater
1 minute ago, Hater said:

We can only hope.

RE the bold:  Disgusting.  Don't they share a sibling too? Ick.

two, pointless Leo and Kristina.

I can't get too outraged about that though since Lante are both related to Morgan and Michael. KM's resting fugue state and facial work though? :weeps:

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Meanwhile, I've now had to expose myself to the JaSam shippers on Twitter as searches for Britt spoilers have led me to some bonkers statements.  One person referred to Jason as having a "platinum eggplant emoji."  Let us never speak of it again.

Speaking of spoilers, I saw something in the 2021 preview that makes it sound like Scotty and Dr. O are being paired?  Whuh?  When Lucy is right there?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Scotty really doesn't have a type, does he? Sometimes he falls for the sweet good girl (Laura, Dominique), sometimes the scrappy schemer with heart (Bobbie, Lucy, Eve), and sometimes he goes for the very bad girl/psycho (Heather, Ava, Liesl).

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

There is Scot/Liesl fanfiction out there. This will make the shipper happy.

49 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I like both those characters, but it feels weirdly incestuous given their relationships to Franco?

Like those Hallmark movies where the parent who gave up her child for adoption and falls for the newly single adoptive dad.

But frankly, anything that keeps Scot away from Corinthos-worshipper Bobbie works for me.

• Love 2