Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Scotty really doesn't have a type, does he? Sometimes he falls for the sweet good girl (Laura, Dominique), sometimes the scrappy schemer with heart (Bobbie, Lucy, Eve), and sometimes he goes for the very bad girl/psycho (Heather, Ava, Liesl).

You forgot Katherine-schemer or psycho?

38 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You forgot Katherine-schemer or psycho?

She was faking being a sweet girl in order to hook Scott, but really, she was a schemer. Once he knew that she was using her connection to Dominque to get closer to the money, he wanted nothing to do with her.

6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I like both those characters, but it feels weirdly incestuous given their relationships to Franco?

At least it's less squicky that Scott/Ava.  Not that they didn't have chemistry, but he was working HARD to get his son's ex into bed.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Based on yesterday, yeah, Lesley will either be kidnapped or an attempt to kidnap her will happen.  And when that happens, I hope Laura takes Carly APART.

I wish!  I think it's more likely to show that Carly etc. really aren't that bad after all. It's all about showing that the Corinthos group are GOOD mobsters. That's why suddenly everyone is talking about Cyrus as a drug-dealer whereas when he first came on they emphasized the mob parts.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

That's why suddenly everyone is talking about Cyrus as a drug-dealer whereas when he first came on they emphasized the mob parts.

No. He was always described as a drug dealer. They created that story about when Jordan, Taggert and Bob and what'shisface were in the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency), how they knew he was guilty, but couldn't get the proof. So he was Mob/drug dealer, and those aren't mutually exclusive.

This week's promo:

Carly (to Nikolas): Don't get high and mighty with me.

1) Shut up, Carly.

2) Throw her off a parapet, Nikolas.

3) Why do people even bother standing there and letting her speak to them like that.  Just walk away, citizens of Port Charles!

4) Shut up, Carly.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This week's promo:

Carly (to Nikolas): Don't get high and mighty with me.

1) Shut up, Carly.

2) Throw her off a parapet, Nikolas.

3) Why do people even bother standing there and letting her speak to them like that.  Just walk away, citizens of Port Charles!

4) Shut up, Carly.

Random citizen of Port Charles: hey Carly, you've got a piece of lint on your shirt-

Carly: don't get all high and mighty with me you sanctimonious asshole!

RCOFPC: uuuhhhh

• Love 2

Barista (to Carly): Excuse me, you dropped your purse.

Carly: Don't get all high and mighty with me!  You're jealous, you want everything I have! 

Barista: ...I'm literally returning something of yours to you.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I think the way they're going to play it is that TJ is mad because Brando was his "friend" and kept it quiet that he had the history with Molly. They really haven't had all that much of a friendship, but it makes more sense than TJ being mad because Brando hooked up with someone he knew nothing about.

• Love 2

I’ll keep my expectations low but I did love Zander. However, the fact that the article mentioned Franco more prominently than Liz or Cameron leads me to believe that it’ll probably be some way to prop super dad Franco. Something cheesy like Franco having a hallucination of Zander telling him he has to survive since Cameron already lost 1 father. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’ll keep my expectations low but I did love Zander. However, the fact that the article mentioned Franco more prominently than Liz or Cameron leads me to believe that it’ll probably be some way to prop super dad Franco.

And mentioned Lucky, who raised Cameron for years, zero times.

It's pretty vague on whether this is a one-off or a regular/recurring stint, but if it's a longer run, I'd imagine Zander will be the AJ returning from the dead to Franco's Sonny - Zander will get a few lowkey wins, but he'll go under the bus for Franco in the end.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’ll keep my expectations low but I did love Zander. However, the fact that the article mentioned Franco more prominently than Liz or Cameron leads me to believe that it’ll probably be some way to prop super dad Franco. Something cheesy like Franco having a hallucination of Zander telling him he has to survive since Cameron already lost 1 father. 

Oh man, I got so excited when I first saw this but you're probably right! lol 

It's unclear how GH will work Brannon back into the action, since his character was literally shot dead in 2004. He did return to the soap in December of 2009, but in a cameo as a character known as Aaron.

Aaron can always be the heretofore-unknown (identical twin) brother of Zander and causes trouble that way. I love Chad Bannon, so I'm glad to see him back. I agree his character will go under the bus for Franco, though. Ugh.

Though I am liking how RoHo is intentionally injecting some humor into his lines. This show is so unrelentingly grim way too much of the time. People laugh even when things suck—maybe especially when things suck. But we rarely see that. Valentin or someone might get in an amusing zinger now and then, but that's not the same thing.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Aaron can always be the heretofore-unknown (identical twin) brother of Zander and causes trouble that way. I love Chad Bannon, so I'm glad to see him back. I agree his character will go under the bus for Franco, though. Ugh.

While Zander did get the rare, really most sincerely dead soap death, i'll take any crazy retcon they come up with if it means Zander comes back. For a show that gave us Franco in his current incarnation, no off the wall explanation is off the table for a character's existence.  I too love Chad Brannon and hated how they tanked his character before killing him off in an effort to prop NL's Emily and Nem. I hope it is somehow Zander and long term because I'd love to see him and Will Lipton share scenes as Cam gets to know his dad. But an identical twin brother and Cam's uncle would be next best. However, this is GH and we can't have nice things, so how long before they throw whoever he plays under the bus for the pets and vets? I refer to Jax, who I was thrilled to have come back this last time only to now wish was on the next plane down under since he's been neck deep in She Beast Hell for months. 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Considering that the revisit of Liz's rape wasn't about Liz, but about Franco, this is the most likely scenario. I am still bitter about how they handled the rape* and how Liz was basically a side character to her own story. 20 year veteran, she deserved to be center stage.

*ETA while the Liz's Rape back in the 90s focused too much Luke and Lucky's relationship, I liked it as a whole and argue that Rebecca Herbst as a a newbie got far more of a point of view than Rebecca Herbst as a 20 year veteran did during the Rape Revisit. That is what I meant, I am still bitter about the Rape Revisit.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, driver18 said:

I LOVED Zander and Alexis SO MUCH!

He should have been the kid she gave up at 16 that Cameron Lewis adopted. Instead of Sam. At least Zander actually gave a shit about Alexis and was very protective of her!

• Love 10

Alexis was better to Zander than vice versa, in my opinion. He was so nasty when he ripped into Alexis for sleeping with Sonny, causing the great Carly such anguish that she drove off a cliff or whatever. Alexis did more for him, but he had more loyalty to Carly. GH gonna GH.  

Still, for the most part I really liked Brannon, and I liked Zander until Pruza's writing of him started to make it impossible, so I'm happily surprised with this news. I tend to suspect it's something along the lines of the ghostly appearances of Stone and Courtney, maybe a Cameron dream, but I'll take whatever there is.  

In an unrelated spoiler, an episode that was supposed to air this week was rumored to feature some of the loudest shouting ever heard on the GH set. I'm tempted to make a guessing game of the actor, but I'll just spill it: Lisa LoCicero. Since Alexis was getting into the vodka again after hearing Sam/Kristina/Molly talking about her, I'm assuming Alexis shows up drunk at the Sonny funeral and Olivia goes off on her, not only for past acts but for "YOU DRUNKEN SLUT! ON THIS DAY! OF ALL DAYS! TO LAY THE FATHER OF YOUR CHILD TO REST!" On the Tuesday show, she made it clear to Dante that even though he survived the injection incident with no lingering effects, she's still gunning for Alexis.

47 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I'm assuming Alexis shows up drunk at the Sonny funeral and Olivia goes off on her, not only for past acts but for "YOU DRUNKEN SLUT! ON THIS DAY! OF ALL DAYS! TO LAY THE FATHER OF YOUR CHILD TO REST!" 

Because people yelling at a woman who just lost her job and her lover who died in her bed is what I really want to see.😣

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How reliable is that site? I imagine getting rid of Franco is more about RoHo not wanting to be on the show than the old "for story purposes" reason that used to be given when a character exited.

Can’t speak for that particular site but I did hear someone is getting killed off and the exit was already filmed. Supposedly the character is polarizing so 1 group will be celebrating and while another will be angry. Franco would fit that, especially since that Cameron was also spoiled to have something big coming up and KS also hinted at having some heavy scenes. If it isn’t Franco, I’m not sure who it would be. There’s a few characters who fit that bill but they’ve been with the show longer and FV seems adverse to killing off longer term characters. Aside from Jason (assuming he never intended to bring him back), the other major characters that have been killed were all created under Frank or were brought back from the dead under him. 

• Love 1

That article sounds like trying to make something out of crumbs. If RoHo wants to leave, he will. But having spent the last years rehabilitating Franco so it doesn't make sense for them to throw it away. (Also RoHo doesn't have the ego of James Franco.)  It doesn't make sense in terms of the story either, part of Franco's tumour was removed in surgery and the rest is being shrunk with radiation.

ETA:

Supposedly the character is polarizing so 1 group will be celebrating and while another will be angry. Franco would fit that, especially since that Cameron was also spoiled to have something big coming up and KS also hinted at having some heavy scenes.

If KS has some heavy scenes, Peter fits the bill too. Also a polarizing character and the writing has been teasing it, even Valentin said that it was all going to blow up on him. The only thing not saying that it's going to be him is how much FV loves the character.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I'm trying to think who else is genuinely "polarizing," not just someone some people like and some people don't: Valentin, Peter. JPS is still recurring, AFAIK, so he's probably not a complete drain on the budget. WR/Peter is LWB/FS, and I can't see him getting offed. 

I'd think we'd have heard rumblings if RoHo wanted out, though he's pretty good about keeping things to himself when he wants to. In general I feel like we'd have heard rumblings if someone major at GH was out, regardless of the reason.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

KS has some heavy scenes, Peter fits the bill too. Also a polarizing character and the writing has been teasing it, even Valentin said that it was all going to blow up on him. The only thing not saying that it's going to be him is how much FV loves the character.

Sorry I should have spelled it out. It was Kin Shriner who has heavy scenes coming up, not Kirsten Storms. I don’t know if I’d consider Peter to be polarizing. He’s pretty universally hated on SM. Franco has fans because of Roger and Friz but there’s also a lot of others who hate him. 

Correct me on this if I'm wrong, but isn't RoHo, his family, based on the East Coast?  Given The Current State Of Things, maybe that would be a factor in him wanting to leave, if the rumor's in any way true?

Relatedly, I don't want Cameron to be a teen killer.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

A lot of people on SM love Sonny, Carly and Jason. I don't get it. I can believe that there is little love for Peter, WR's best scenes are the moustache twirling ones. Valentin has been a lot of fun since he got out from being dragged down by Nina's story.

If RoHo wanted to leave, I could buy Franco dying of the brain tumour but Cameron killing him just feels really out there. At this point, other than Sonny and Carly, the only solid relationships are Laura/Kevin, Anna/Finn and Liz/Franco and Kevin is barely on screen. )Maybe Ava and Nik but they're just starting.) It seems weird to have them break up by Franco going psycho again and Cameron killing him.

Maybe Peter kills Franco, afraid that Drew's memories are resurfacing. That makes more sense than Cameron killing him.

• Love 4

Granted I would be thrilled if the show kills off Franco however that doesn't mean that I would want Cam having to be the one to kill him in order to save Liz. Liz would never be able to forgive herself and I really cannot imagine the show will allow all the haters of Franco and the Friz relationship be right in the end that Liz should have never brought a serial killer into her and her sons' lives. Franco will probably die trying to save Cam to give him a final hero's moment. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That article sounds like trying to make something out of crumbs. If RoHo wants to leave, he will. But having spent the last years rehabilitating Franco so it doesn't make sense for them to throw it away. (Also RoHo doesn't have the ego of James Franco.)  It doesn't make sense in terms of the story either, part of Franco's tumour was removed in surgery and the rest is being shrunk with radiation.

ETA:

If KS has some heavy scenes, Peter fits the bill too. Also a polarizing character and the writing has been teasing it, even Valentin said that it was all going to blow up on him. The only thing not saying that it's going to be him is how much FV loves the character.

KS as in Scotty.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Granted I would be thrilled if the show kills off Franco however that doesn't mean that I would want Cam having to be the one to kill him in order to save Liz. Liz would never be able to forgive herself and I really cannot imagine the show will allow all the haters of Franco and the Friz relationship be right in the end that Liz should have never brought a serial killer into her and her sons' lives. Franco will probably die trying to save Cam to give him a final hero's moment. 

That might be the more likely scenario as this show insists we're supposed to like Franco and the tumor made him do it.. (although I also don't want Cam to be villainized either)

• Love 1