Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I still remember James Read most from Remington Steele as Murphy Michaels and from North & South. (I'm getting old.)

And Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman from the 90s. He played Jimmy Olsen's sekrit super spy dad.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I still remember James Read most from Remington Steele as Murphy Michaels and from North & South. (I'm getting old.)

I loved him on RS, but I think it was right to get rid of him and Miss Wolf (heh).

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I loved him on RS, but I think it was right to get rid of him and Miss Wolf (heh).

Yeah, poor Murphy would never win against Remington Steele for Laura's affections. And poor Bernice Fox. LOL! Loved the ongoing Miss Wolf deal that Steele would always address her as!

• Love 3

Sam can’t help but feel that she’s to blame (She probably is)

LOL.

Bobbie reams out Valentin

Sigh. Bobbie has absolutely no moral high ground here.

Do we have any idea how much longer Mike is going to hang on? Will his death be a sweeps event? Which, kind of gross.

18 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

They’ve been taping really close to the airdates since the show has come back. I think they’re only 2 weeks out right now. 

I wish they'd use this shorter time to make more adjustments to the scripts, but that will never happen. Stupid Frank.

• Love 6

I'm seeing RUMORS on Twitter that Britt is going to be the new COS.  I'm into it, if only for that fact that it's going to make the likes of Liz and Dr. Michael Easton and Felix fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckin' miserable.  Gawd, I can't wait to hear Liz wailing about her nemesis getting a second chance TO HER SERIAL KILLER HUSBAND.

• LOL 7

On the Britt tip, KT apparently gave an interview to SOD that makes it sound like things are frosty with Julian when they see each other again, though I'm not sure if it's because he married Nelle since last she saw him or because she figured out he almost killed Lucas (who?) and Brad (who?).

KT is also looking forward to delving into Britt's relationship with LWB/FS (booooooo!) and wants to have more scenes with MC's Nik (yay!).

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I do want Britt to get to know her brother.  I was bugged that Nathan didn't know his siblings.  Not even Nina past early childhood.  Auntie Britt could drive Maxie nuts, lol.

Britt will probably end up covering for his ass. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

I do want Britt to get to know her brother.  I was bugged that Nathan didn't know his siblings.  Not even Nina past early childhood.  Auntie Britt could drive Maxie nuts, lol.

Britt and Nathan actually had a cute little sibling relationship, once they got past almost boning lol.  I would actually like to see her try and visit with James.  

But the relationship with LWB/FS is annoying because, back when Lulu dumped margaritas on her hand, LWB/FS was very judgey about her past, which is rich given his resume even then.

I actually don't mind Peter, but as always, his character suffers from terrible writing. I don't think the writers still have settled on whether he should be secretly bad or trying to reform. It's not working trying to have it both ways, another exasperating thing this fakakta show does. 

• Love 6

I wonder if they think it's layers to the character and not waffling. It's unsuccessful either way, especially because the writers almost always tip their hand way too early and we know if someone is evil or not.

Here are some spoilers for the coming week. There's a lot about heartbreak, saying goodbye, and grieving, so maybe Mike finally dies. Here's hoping!

• Love 1

I’ve always been a fan of Kim Delaney’s acting. I was a tad disappointed today with the way she spoke. I had trouble understanding her. I don’t know if it’s her lips or her teeth or just nervousness for her new role. I do hope she’ll settle in and be an asset to this show which we all know REALLY needs one!

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Is this a typo, or did the article accidentally reveal this piece of the past?

As GH viewers saw today, Jackie’s back – but this time, thanks to some inspired casting, it’s Delaney who’s playing the part. She’s got ties to Port Charles, too, as the ex of Michael Easton’s Finn. She’s also the mother of Finn’s half-brother Chase

8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is this a typo, or did the article accidentally reveal this piece of the past?

I didn't read that far but I think I am going to be right about Chase being Finn's son.

• Love 1

Yes, it did say she was Finn's ex in the article.

ETA: AND if my mother were to marry an ex of mine around a year after her husband/my father died of a protracted illness when I was in college....  I would have fucked off and changed my name too.  If that's the case, I'm team Finn.  If Finn banged his new stepmom and then there was Chase... not so much.

Edited by ouinason
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I mean...if we had to go back to this Dr. Michael Easton/Chase story, I guess I'm glad the stepmom/mom is someone from Port Charles history like Jackie who can also be used in other stories - with Lulu, with Robert, etc.  That's better than, for example, when they decided to make Rebecca Budig a Webber and had to parachute Naomi in from nowhere.  It also doesn't contradict anything we've seen on-screen, a la how they introduced Patrick as Noah's son.

What I don't like about it is that it seems like the show trying to cement Dr. Michael Easton to the show's history, connecting him to this particular sphere with Anna and Robert and now Jackie.  Yuck.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

So who had Kim D's Jackie as Chase mom? You're winner.

Of course, because everyone must be related to someone on the canvas. And now Chase is also Finn's son? WTF, GH?

*sputters incoherently*

*cries in frustration*

*decides a sanity blackout is best*

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course, because everyone must be related to someone on the canvas. And now Chase is also Finn's son? WTF, GH?

At least they're grouping a bunch of storylines together. One character for the price of three! 

I'm assuming the blow up will happen at the wedding.

• Love 2

That preview was strange. Danny looked like he was a pre-teen last time we saw him. Hard to imagine that he’d be interested in putting on a costume to hang around the PH. I assume that’s what Sam meant anyway since it didn’t sound like they were doing it on actual Halloween day. Also, how busy are these kids that Wednesday worked best with their schedules?

Edited by ffwbe
On 10/6/2020 at 9:02 PM, ouinason said:

Yes, it did say she was Finn's ex in the article.

ETA: AND if my mother were to marry an ex of mine around a year after her husband/my father died of a protracted illness when I was in college....  I would have fucked off and changed my name too.  If that's the case, I'm team Finn.  If Finn banged his new stepmom and then there was Chase... not so much.

Okay, so my theory was almost right - I thought the dad met Jackie first and Finn slept with Jackie from revenge/attraction, and while he met Jackie first and slept with her before the wedding night with the dad, the part that I got right was he felt terrible and didn't want to take Jackie away from the dad because Jackie helped the dad. A douchy thing to do since there was Chase but I think the motive is sympathetic.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Buuuut...isn't it kinda gross that Dr. Michael Easton then repeatedly invoked his dead mom to cover this up?

Oh sure a lot of it is sketchy, but I think his overall motivation is sympathetic for a soap. And I think it's not a total invention.

that would be absolutely shitty.  I mean, if you like JMB better, that's fine, but if they fired a recast to replace them with the original actor again...  Lets just say that JJ's return as Lucky did NOT go over as well as TPTB expected for a very good reason.  They would be stupid as hell to make that mistake again.  And JJ was MUCH more universally loved than JMB was.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Lets just say that JJ's return as Lucky did NOT go over as well as TPTB expected for a very good reason.

The reason why Jonathan left after a year was because he was sick and tired of having Lucky cry all the damn time. I think he was expecting to do a lot more. Which is why I'm glad he and Tyler were able to write the dialogue for the final scene between Lucky and Nik.

And it wasn't Jonathan's fault Greg got fired. Guzasshole had been trying to get Jonathan back for years; he and his staff treated Greg's Lucky as shit. Emme was just not good casting to play Lulu. She lacked Lulu's edge and fire that one knew that she was Luke and Laurafucking!Spencer's child.

And I say this as someone that disliked SORASed Lulu more often than not. IF Julie returns, I don't expect her to be treated any better than Guzzashole treated Jonathan in his return in 2010.

• Love 5

I was talking about fan reactions to the recast, not how JJ acted or what happened behind the scenes after that.  Fans were reasonably pissed off.  GV had fans and a lot of them were super fed up and quite vocal about it.

• Love 2

I feel like firing her for a recast would be less shitty than firing her for no reason.

For whatever fans of GV were pissed there were probably as many fans of JJ who were pleased so I think it worked fine for the show in terms of casting. They fucked up by totally ditching LL2.

• Love 5
On 10/30/2020 at 8:00 PM, ulkis said:

I feel like firing her for a recast would be less shitty than firing her for no reason.

For whatever fans of GV were pissed there were probably as many fans of JJ who were pleased so I think it worked fine for the show in terms of casting. They fucked up by totally ditching LL2.

JJ was quite vocal about wanting to work with Becky and Tony, and his frustration with them keeping LL2 apart. As much as he was annoyed with the constant crying they put Lucky through, I suspect their attempted firing of Becky (despite the backpedaling after the negative fan reaction ) soured him for good. That return was a heartbreaking waste for me as a fan. 

I do enjoy JMB and would love to see her and GF together, but I don’t trust that would happen anyway. 

• Love 1

I guess I'm in the minority in that while obviously I feel bad on a human level that ER was let go (esp. in this climate), I'm not bummed that we're losing her as Lulu at all. I think she's a terrible actress and I've never cottoned to her as Lulu. But where I'm REALLY in the minority is that I was pretty happy when it was announced that JMB was leaving because I didn't like her Lulu either and I was excited to see who they would cast in the role. Obviously, ER was a step down since at least JMB is a good actress. Still, yeah, not fond of either as Lulu. If they are keeping the character, I hope it's a recast with someone I actually like in the role this time.

• Love 5