Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I'm sure there were pissed off GV fans and but there were a lot of fans who loved JJ as Lucky and were thrilled to have him back and more fans who came back for JJ's Lucky (ME!) and then were sorely disappointed when they gave him complete and total crap and nothing at all that I wanted to see for his entire run.   Maybe pissed off GV fans were part of the failed return but I think the writing was the biggest problem in the failed return.   

• Love 4

I was in both camps.  I was pissed on GV's behalf, but I was excited to see JJ back.  But there was some bad publicity over it at the time, though not as much as the horrid "real Greenlee" situation.  I remember the two situations being compared and the GH people looking bad for doing the same thing.  My point was that I don't think that any bump that might come from recasting to JMB will cover the shiftiness of the behavior.  It's not a good look.

Though, I don't care for JMB anyway.

• Love 4

If I were a paranoid JaSam fan, I'd be reading cloud formations and wondering. Burton has been back for more than three years, and Jason and Sam have been nominally "together" nearly the whole time, but they've really had nothing. Neither actor seems into it. Monaco barely seems into playing Sam. Ned and Olivia have had juicier story in 2020 than Jason and Sam. Recent commentary on them by other characters (most recently Alexis, but others too) has consistently emphasized the negative, and it isn't just Monaco's limp delivery that makes Sam's rebuttals seem halfhearted; it's the writing too. On top of all of this, Jason is inching back into Elizabeth's orbit, saying he'll always protect Elizabeth and her boys. And they're apparently chem-testing him with Britt (who dislikes Elizabeth, and vice versa, so...if Sam and Franco lifted right out, they'd have another insta-triangle). 

It's easier for me to see other things they'd do with him than with her.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

If I were a paranoid JaSam fan, I'd be reading cloud formations and wondering. Burton has been back for more than three years, and Jason and Sam have been nominally "together" nearly the whole time, but they've really had nothing. Neither actor seems into it. Monaco barely seems into playing Sam. Ned and Olivia have had juicier story in 2020 than Jason and Sam. Recent commentary on them by other characters (most recently Alexis, but others too) has consistently emphasized the negative, and it isn't just Monaco's limp delivery that makes Sam's rebuttals seem halfhearted; it's the writing too. On top of all of this, Jason is inching back into Elizabeth's orbit, saying he'll always protect Elizabeth and her boys. And they're apparently chem-testing him with Britt (who dislikes Elizabeth, and vice versa, so...if Sam and Franco lifted right out, they'd have another insta-triangle). 

It's easier for me to see other things they'd do with him than with her.

Spoilers state they'll get scenes together next week. Sam should really be killed off this show.  Completely useless.  

• Love 4
On 11/12/2020 at 2:26 PM, Hater said:

Spoilers state they'll get scenes together next week. Sam should really be killed off this show.  Completely useless.  

I think she was much more alive and had way more chemistry with BM. They really ought to lure him back short-term, have Sam realize she was crazy and belongs with him, and let Drew/Sam go live happily ever after with Scout and Danny. The early days of JaSam worked, but SB's Jason and Sam haven't been a good fit in a long time.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Laur said:

SB's Jason and Sam haven't been a good fit in a long time

Especially now they have kids. Someone is always reminding them of that, and it makes them look deeply stupid.

It worked for Luke and Laura to have adventures and still be parents because they brought Lucky with them, and it was made clear Lucky wasn't a burden or afterthought. It also helped that Luke wasn't a mob don's enforcer. He was actually fighting them!

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Especially now they have kids. Someone is always reminding them of that, and it makes them look deeply stupid.

It worked for Luke and Laura to have adventures and still be parents because they brought Lucky with them, and it was made clear Lucky wasn't a burden or afterthought. It also helped that Luke wasn't a mob don's enforcer. He was actually fighting them!

Even then it stopped working out, after Laura had to be institutionalized and Luke thought raising Lulu was too much of a drag, instead dumping her onto Lesly. 

The voiceover in this week's promo could not be more embarrassing: 

Lit?  Off the chain?  Oh, GH, no.

In other news, have we heard anything about Parry Shen making an appearance?  Because I can't imagine who else Britt would be gawping at being rolled into the hospital besides Brad.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, have we heard anything about Parry Shen making an appearance?  Because I can't imagine who else Britt would be gawping at being rolled into the hospital besides Brad.

The modern slang is to make up for doing actual modern things, like giving a storyline to white/asian gay couple and not have the black woman commissioner acting like a servant to the white privileged local hitman. Doing things on the show that are actually progressive? That is so the 90s. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I saw a spoiler with Brad and Britt for next week. Something about her catching Brad having a nightmare 

On 10/23/2020 at 10:59 PM, ulkis said:

https://abc.com/shows/general-hospital/video/latest-gh-videos/vdka20785605

Okay I know SB is 50 but WK, JJY, and JL are all 10 years older than him and look great. What did he do to himself??

He didn't avoid tanning in the 90's and his naturally pale complexion is making him pay for it. Blond surfer boy lookers almost always age terribly.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/17/2020 at 11:24 PM, methodwriter85 said:

He didn't avoid tanning in the 90's and his naturally pale complexion is making him pay for it. Blond surfer boy lookers almost always age terribly.

And sporting the EXACT. SAME. HAIRDO. as one had in their 20s is kinda sad. Especially when said hair seems to be thinning.

• Love 4

New promo:

Maybe they're just trying to be sneaky about Who Died Tonight *coughLulucough*, but that we barely see Laura, but get two shots of Carly glamorously grieving is gross.

ETA...oh, and very festive for Thanksgiving week, Show.

Edited by TeeVee329
39 minutes ago, Hater said:

Maurice needs to retire.  Apparently Sonny is suppose to be "devastated."    Can't tell.

Isn't Maurice at the same point in his career that Stuart Damon were his character wasn't regulated to background noise? Or was Alan killed off at this point. Fact Check: His character was killed off right before the 30th anniversary. Stay classy JFP and Guza, you bitches. So Sonny is basically 5 years over his expiration date.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Isn't Maurice at the same point in his career that Stuart Damon were his character wasn't regulated to background noise? Or was Alan killed off at this point. Fact Check: His character was killed off right before the 30th anniversary. Stay classy JFP and Guza, you bitches. So Sonny is basically 5 years over his expiration date.  

Stuart Damon was in his 70s when the show killed off his character but it was still a huge mistake that show did it.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Stuart Damon was in his 70s when the show killed off his character but it was still a huge mistake that show did it.

I know Stuart Damon was having back issues, but the show was making him irrelevant over the course of the decade, instead of changing his position on the canvas like John Beradino between the 1980s and 1990s. SD even popped up on As the World Turns and Days of Our Lives, so he was somewhat capable of working, just not as action-packed as before. It wasn't his health issues, but Guza laser focus on having the mob dominate every storyline of this show that caused him, and every non mob character, to be regulated to the background. Lucas was barely developed, they waited forever to age Lulu, they ended up killing both Georgie and Emily once they became less mobbed up, and they didn't do much with Lucky Spencer until JJ came back.  For some 30 odd years, Sonny (and Jason) have maintained the exact same position. Even Erica Kane stopped having kids after a certain point. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

New promo:

Maybe they're just trying to be sneaky about Who Died Tonight *coughLulucough*

I am hopeful, based on what looks like Maxie speaking to Laura, that Lulu winds up in a long-term coma off-screen, a la Michael after getting shot in the head. Maxie looks like she's been crying and is scared, but not in a state of despair like her best friend is dead. I really don't want to see Laura devastated over the death of one of her kids, yet again.  I don't believe the Show will kill off Franco or Jason (unfortunately), especially since there has not been news of either Howarth or Burton leaving. So, my best case scenario is that Dustin seems to be knocked unconscious temporarily, helps rescue Lulu, and then collapses and dies from head bleed/internal injuries like when teenage Kristina's friend was "fine" immediately after the bus crash drama, then died.  Dustin's only "storyline" other than being Lulu's boyfriend was the occasional scene with students, but mostly with Joss, esp. telling her to keep a journal to mourn her loss. Rocco has his father Dante back and Charlotte has her father Valentin, so they don't need Dustin.

2 hours ago, Hater said:

Maurice needs to retire.  Apparently Sonny is suppose to be "devastated."    Can't tell.

Yup. My best guess about his so-called devastation and that line in the promo is that Dev dies. He was closest to the bomb, other than Lulu and Dustin. Sonny would be sobbing his eyes out to Carly if Jason died or Jason's kid died.  He'll just feel guilt that he brought Dev into his home and life to "save" him because he felt like he owed him, and instead dies in a Mob act of violence. 

• Love 1

4 HOURS AGO,  YADDAYADDA SAID: 

Cyrus will turn out to be this David Hamilton character's son who took his mother's maiden name and wants to get vengeance on the person who murdered his father. I bet the person he moved from that house is his mother.

I think this or something similar is likely. But I don't see how threatening Laura with the case fits in, unless it's to let her know he's aware of the case. Big deal. He could read all about it in the newspaper archives. I get why Laura doesn't want it all dragged up again, but I don't see how she has anything to worry about. The case is resolved and closed. 

I guess he wants revenge? Zzzzz. Stick with selling drugs in Sonny's territory.

• Love 1

I'm getting a "budget cuts" feeling from the show lately, and I'm thinking there may be more high-profile exits coming. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if "Liz has to decide whether to donate Franco's liver to Alexis" is a February story.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I'm getting a "budget cuts" feeling from the show lately

I wonder if that's one reason why they blew up the Floating Rib, to get rid of that set.

If they really want to save some money, we all know who they need to axe. But the show never will, sigh.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if that's one reason why they blew up the Floating Rib, to get rid of that set.

If they really want to save some money, we all know who they need to axe. But the show never will, sigh.

Seriously. And Since DeVry is on his way out, why not just have the bomb go BOOM! at Charlie's?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

ER looks really good with dark hair. She’s blonde for so long I never thought about it until today’s. I couldn’t tell if it was the fake ash or she had darken her hair in the front. Anyway, it looked trimmed, too. I liked it. It’s too bad we won’t be able to enjoy it. I still can’t believe FV went through with this. Granted I’ve never been a fan of ER version of LuLu but I can’t believe out of that whole cast FV would (supposedly) kill her off. It doesn’t make sense.

Also, the Mod Squad of Pete, Julie and Linc were all over Port Charles today. FV really does love those 3, doesn’t he? 

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

So do we really think the show is going to kill Lulu today and then wish us a Happy Thanksgiving?

I might be wrong as I often am, but I don't think they kill her off. She'll have surgery and go into a long term care facility a la Michael when he was shot in the head until they decide to bring her back.

A deleted Monica/Tracy scene from Monday's Thanksgiving episode.  Because sure, things you should be cutting out of the Thanksgiving episode are Monica/Tracy scenes. #eyeroll

Here's my question - Tracy's supposed to be with Luke, right?  And she clearly knows from the clip what's happening with Lulu.  So Luke is...where?  I mean, they'll probably answer that in-show, but it caught my notice.

• Love 4

If cutting that scene means I don't have to hear about another ruined Thanksgiving dinner, I'm okay with that. That "joke" was played out years ago. It should be mentioned only when the pizza is delivered, not as a setup. I find it as tedious as the "It's Monica's house; Alan gave it to her" exchange we get way too often.

Isn't Luke still in Amsterdam? (Oh, such a clever meta reference, rme.) That seems to be his home base, even if he gallivants around the world doing whatever he's supposed to be doing. I don't care anymore what Luke is up to. If only Tracy weren't shackled to him.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If cutting that scene means I don't have to hear about another ruined Thanksgiving dinner, I'm okay with that. That "joke" was played out years ago. It should be mentioned only when the pizza is delivered, not as a setup. I find it as tedious as the "It's Monica's house; Alan gave it to her" exchange we get way too often.

I  pay money if they actually gave up this stupid ritual of pizza on Thanksgiving for the Qs. The scene actually states that Dante wants some normalcy and have a traditional Thanksgiving for Rocco what with Lulu in a coma with no hope of waking up soon.

Plus as someone who loves Thanksgiving with all the trimmings and love eating pizza, I would actually would avoid attending Thanksgiving with my family if I was cheated out of a dinner and stuck with pizza each year. ONE TIME and then I would be finding somewhere else to go,

Edited by nilyank
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I like that the Q's have pizza, but we don't need the antics ever year to get them to that (heh) pizza place.  Just lean into this quirky family tradition and order pizza from the start!

Also, not to be mean, but are we to believe Lulu's been preparing traditional Thanksgiving dinners the last few years?  I can't really see it.

ETA...come to think of it, Lulu brought Rocco to the Q's last year!  Where he ate pizza! 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I did like it—last year, I think?—when there was an edible turkey meal with all the trimmings, but Monica donated it to the staff at GH and ordered pizza. That was a nice swerve. But otherwise, either have the traditional meal or lean in to pizza, as @TeeVee329 wrote. 

And I doubt Lulu is making a turkey dinner. Please. She lives on Olivia's pans of manicotti for the rest of the year. We're supposed to believe she can successfully cook a holiday meal? There was that dumb scene a few years ago where Olivia and Brook Lynn were making something and Lulu could only stand by helplessly, because she wasn't much of a cook.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I did like it—last year, I think?—when there was an edible turkey meal with all the trimmings, but Monica donated it to the staff at GH and ordered pizza. That was a nice swerve.

Demerits, though, because Monica did that so FrancoDrew could have a traditional Q Thanksgiving.  Yuck.

Ugh, and with a new Mrs. Quartermaine in residence with Willow, we'll have to go through the whole "You have pizza for Thanksgiving, that's so crazy!" thing.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2