Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I recall really disliking the last Brenda!Bot.  I don't even remember her name, she was Carly's divorce lawyer and she sucked. 

Oh gawd, and then we'd have to hit all the creaky greatest hits - the cooking for her and the dress and the trip to the island, barf.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I recall really disliking the last Brenda!Bot.  I don't even remember her name, she was Carly's divorce lawyer and she sucked. 

Oh gawd, and then we'd have to hit all the creaky greatest hits - the cooking for her and the dress and the trip to the island, barf.

Margaux? Yeah, she was completely pointless. Or are you talking about way way back?

Yes. Martina was Carly's divorce attorney; Margaux was the D.A. who was under Shiloh's spell and had the convoluted story about Sonny's involvement in her father's death.

He never really did anything with Margaux, but his ten-minute affair with Martina had such an effect on Martina that she was giving attitude like she was someone important. Didn't she have an argument with Carly and say that she (Martina) understood him better? Then she just vanished. That was such a weird dead end that I was surprised they brought her up recently in an argument.  

• Love 3

Well you know women when it comes to Sonny. Any one of us would be weak in the knees if he flashed his dimples our way. Right? RIGHT? I mean, the writers keep telling us that's the case so it must be.

It's ridiculous. I'm trying to think of a man on this show I would not choose over Sonny. Maybe Valentin. It's a toss up between those two.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm trying to think of a man on this show I would not choose over Sonny. Maybe Valentin. It's a toss up between those two.

Eesh, talk about a Sophie's choice. Sonny would make you do all the work, and Valentin would cry. Either way, the woman loses.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Valentin has a weak chin. I like a more rugged jawline. Not that Sonny has one, either, but I don't find Valentin all that attractive. But, he does look like he bathes, which is something I can't say for Sonny and his greasy hair. I don't know. Point remains that the show is horribly out of touch as they continually try to paint Sonny as some irresistible Don Juan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 12/20/2019 at 4:14 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Point remains that the show is horribly out of touch as they continually try to paint Sonny as some irresistible Don Juan.

GENERAL HOSPITAL has the same problem that people have pointing out about the recent run of STAR WARS movies - it just keeps strip mining the same nostalgia vein, and by now that vein is played out.  There's nothing left to mine.

• Love 3

It sounds as though the show not to miss is Thursday, January 2, because on that day "Sonny feels betrayed." We've never seen that. How on earth will he express it? Will he yell "You betrayed me!"? Will he throw something? 

Some "2020 spoilers" from SOD: 

It’s a fight for Ava and Nik to best Valentin.

Nik’s return will have a surprising impact on Liz and Franco.

A wedge could be driven between Anna and Finn, due to her pursuit of the truth surrounding Peter.

Finn and Robert may have to join forces to make Anna see Peter for who he really is.

Anna and Jason could be the ones to expose Peter.

The Quartermaines will be forced to come together to save their legacy or else face the family’s downfall.

Laura will take on a leadership role when Port Charles is faced with a crisis.

Carly’s secrets continue to put a strain on her marriage.

Sonny’s actions, in order to alleviate Mike’s declining symptoms, could have explosive results.

Shiloh’s reach beyond the grave will loom over Jason and Sam.

Nelle is released from Pentonville. Michael, Sasha, Chase, Willow and others, including Carly, will feel the fallout from Nelle’s next move.

The truth about Wiley’s paternity will explode.

Sparks fly between Julian and someone unexpected.

Neil has shocking news that could affect a possible future with Alexis.

Jordan learns an old colleague has died and has suspicions about his death.

Just as Dustin and Lulu’s relationship is about to go to the next level, a blast from one of their pasts appears.

Though Obrecht wants to turn over a new leaf, she can’t outrun her past.

The teens are in for heartbreak, and Trina finds out about a mystery relative in Port Charles.

Reading these spoilers for fun (since I haven't watched in forever now) and the Nik spoiler makes me wonder if this show would dare try Nik/Liz again (albeit with a new actor playing Nik, so the dynamic will be different!)?

And the Neil/Alexis thing seems mildly interesting. In the clip or two I have seen, they actually seemed like they have potential, so I'm sure GH will ruin it. Shrug.

The rest? From meh to UGH! (the whole Peter crap ruining Anna) from where I sit.

• Love 2

The Wiley reveal could be mildly interesting, but we all know it will be Julian's fault.

The Peter stuff is a giant snore—oh, he's evil? Quelle surprise. There's nothing in his past that supports this. /s And of course Jason has to be involved. It makes more sense here than with the Jax/Nik/Carly idiocy, though. 

5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Sonny’s actions, in order to alleviate Mike’s declining symptoms, could have explosive results.

UGH. Of course it will be all about Sonny.

• Love 3

Mixed feelings about a potential Nik/Liz 2.0. There is character history there, and the present young-looking Nikolas would work cosmetically with the perennially young-looking Elizabeth. Personal chemistry, or lack, we would have to see about. I don't remember any cheering section for her and the Coltin Scott version when they were teased in 1999-2000.  

And Franco really has never had to compete with anyone in that pairing. She has had past love interests in town while Friz has been going on, but they've been in the friend zone by then.  

But I don't want the bus running over Liz to prop up St. Franco. That means I don't want Cameron, Jake, Obrecht, Scott, Epiphany, and even Laura shouting at Liz that she must be insane to even think about straying from her loving husband after she fought so hard to get him back.

• Love 8

I'd be surprised if they revisit Nik/Liz again since Maura was the one who chem tested with all of the Nikolas potential recasts. And she had to kiss all of them, which were numerous. Unless they've decided to scratch that plan, but I don't think so as of yet.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

A wedge could be driven between Anna and Finn, due to her pursuit of the truth surrounding Peter.

Finn and Robert may have to join forces to make Anna see Peter for who he really is.

Anna and Jason could be the ones to expose Peter.

This whole thing contradicts each other. Anna ain't pursuing nothin'--she's justifying/trying to explain away that Heinrik isn't guilty. And of course the Borg will be the one to expose him, instead of Robert, who, from DAY ONE suspected him.

And why would Liz even contemplate an affair with Boris again, when she just got her (blech) husband back?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I'd be surprised if they revisit Nik/Liz again since Maura was the one who chem tested with all of the Nikolas potential recasts.

They don't like to make things easy for Ava, so I can definitely see some jealousy on her part. Just have Nik mention Elizabeth as a friend and Ava will go off the rails.

Ava is practically a Liz/Franco cheerleader, so I don't know if I would accept her thinking that Liz would jump on Nik.  Unless they undo the undo of Nik being Aiden's father, I can't imagine a world where Nik would come between Liz and Franco.  He's been dead their entire relationship, so I can see Franco having issues if Liz and Nik reconnect to their best friend level, but she's gonna be pissed at him for a while for faking his death, twice.  She didn't really get a chance to deal with him being alive before he was dead again, so that's gotta be a thing.

• Love 1

I don't see them breaking up Liz and Franco when they just got back together after being apart for half a year. And even though Liz was Nik's friend, I would hope that she would be angry at him for not telling Laura, Liz's mother-in-law who has always supported her, that he is alive. And keeping it from Spencer too.

I'm glad that it's going to be Laura, the mayor, who takes a leadership role rather than Sonny or Jason.  And  hopefully the Alexis/Neil story won't be a "blink and you miss it".

19 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Sparks fly between Julian and someone unexpected.

Brad? Obrecht? Tracy?  Cuz we're all expecting it to be Brook Lynn.

I'm really dreading Sonny and Carly adding yet another child to their collection. Yes, Wiley is Michael's biological kid but he really doesn't deserve him.

Shiloh’s reach beyond the grave will loom over Jason and Sam.

Zzzzzzzzz

The teens are in for heartbreak

Again? They're still mourning Oscar endlessly. This is not the teen scene that gets people tuning in.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They don't like to make things easy for Ava, so I can definitely see some jealousy on her part. Just have Nik mention Elizabeth as a friend and Ava will go off the rails.

They should have Ava and Franco turn to each other if any kind of uncertainty were to come up. The two always made the most sense and they had good friendship yet antagonistic chem.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Re: the 2020 SOD spoilers.

- I wonder if that one about the Q's having to come together to defend their legacy will tie into that rumor I heard about more Q's coming besides the Tracy visit and Brook, and if the spoiler about Trina having a mysterious relative in Port Charles is also tied to it.

- I hope the blast from the past that affects Dustin and Lulu isn't some Claudette-esque figure from Dustin's past because that would be snooze.

- Why are we to care about some old colleague of Jordan's?  I hardly care about Jordan.

• Love 3

Also?  All the Anna/LWB/FS spoilers about about her trying to figure out if he's evil.  But what about the fact that he's, you know, not her kid?  I can't remember - did she get confirmation on that, is that another truth she's ducking, I honestly haven't kept track of it.

I think Anna decided it didn't matter if Peter were her biological son, she was going to keep him in her life as her son. Robin accepts him as a brother, and I think that was a big factor. 

I'm not sure there was ever a test that proved conclusively who his mother is.

I could definitely see Franco and Ava feeling threatened by Liz and Nik's friendship/history and joining forces to try to keep them apart; and maybe developing feelings for each other in the process (I personally could take or leave this part).  I will reserve judgment until we see how Liz and NuNik's chemistry is.  Ava definitely seems to have decent chemistry with both Franco and Nikolas.

• Love 3

I've always been sad at how the obvious chemistry that Franco and Ava have has been wasted.  Not that I want them together, that obviously bombed hard about 25 years ago, but they should have played with it at least.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Anna decided it didn't matter if Peter were her biological son, she was going to keep him in her life as her son. Robin accepts him as a brother, and I think that was a big factor. 

I'm not sure there was ever a test that proved conclusively who his mother is.

I just don't get what the holdup is.  They did this retcon with Alex because they opened their eyes and realized how much the audience hated LWB/FS being Anna's, the rewriting of her history they did to make him a thing, etc.  So why are they pussyfooting around it now?   Just pull the trigger!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Did they though?  or did they give Anna the memory of birthing Peter in the first place to intentionally layer in with the twin memory thing?  And maybe to dove tail with Drew not wanting to rush out and get his own memories back.  Or am I giving the writers too much credit?  Probably that last one.

As it stands though, Peter could reveal himself to be Satan fucking Saddam Hussein and I don't know if it would make Anna not love him.  source.gif

General Hospital spoilers for Monday January 13:

Jason is suspicious.

Spinelli reunites with Maxie.

Alexis learns the whole story

General Hospital spoilers for Tuesday January 14:

Tracy reminds Ned of what’s important.

Laura interrupts.

Chase is called to break up a fight.

General Hospital spoilers for Wednesday January 15:

Tracy tries to bury the hatchet with Olivia.

Lulu wants to know more.

Sonny plans a road trip.

General Hospital spoilers for Thursday January 16:

Tracy blames Michael.

Julian visits Brad.

Gladys supports Sonny’s decision.

General Hospital spoilers for Friday January 17:

Sonny is on edge.

Brad gets a rude awakening.

Chase tries to update Jordan on the Corinthos case.

----------

Already Tracy's bits interest me more than anything on GH in ages.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Sigh. I could do without another enemy coming for Sonny & co.

We all know how it ends.

Yep. But if this person is going after the coffee company, that might be more interesting than fighting over sea lanes, piers, and territory. Sonny always goes on about how he's a legit businessman. Let's see how he handles that threat, especially as he seems to welcome the PCPD investigating. 

• Love 1

The idea of Sonny making threats and having people "deal with" corporate espionage and commercial interferance makes me giggle.

And how big of a role does Sonny actually have in legal import of coffee.  That seems like a big business, like Aurora or ELQ actual business, and Sonny has never EVER been shown in a company office bigger than the back room of a coffee shop.  He has to have a CEO or some other officer with an actual degree to run that shit, right?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nilyank said:
Sigh. I could do without another enemy coming for Sonny & co.

Am I dumb?  I thought the preview was implying the enemy is Ava.

It's probably that parole officer Delores, so EVUL!

• LOL 1

Week of January 20:  

Willow grows increasingly frustrated.

Gladys is impressed.

Laura has her sights on a new project.

General Hospital spoilers for Tuesday January 21:

Nelle is shaken.

Martin stays close to Valentin. 

Michael finds Josslyn on the docks.

General Hospital spoilers for Wednesday January 22:

Michael defends Sasha.

Sonny tries to comfort Mike.

Finn confronts Nikolas.

General Hospital spoilers for Thursday January 23:

Jordan fears for what is to come.

Finn delivers an ultimatum.

Sasha is shaken.

General Hospital spoilers for Friday January 24:

Sonny arrives at the ER.

Nelle tries to appeal to Brooke [sic] Lynn’s senses.

Nikolas goes to see Laura.

"Nelle tries to appeal to Brook Lynn's senses"? Literally, her sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell? 

Sonny is doing stuff with Mike through the week, and then on the Friday show he "arrives at the ER." As a patient? Mike forgets who he is and stabs him with a letter opener, thinking he's Joe Scully? 

Interested to see how they're working Finn into the Nikolas story. I guess over his role in Hayden's last exodus.   

Michael finds Josslyn on the docks. Unconscious? Post assault? Or just weepy over Oscar? 

I have to say, that I'm going looking for spoilers lately is a credit to the new head-writing team.  

Does anyone know if the returns of Bradford Anderson and Vernee Watson are short or long term? 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Sonny tries to comfort Mike.

LOL. By yelling at him, no doubt.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Does anyone know if the returns of Bradford Anderson and Vernee Watson are short or long term? 

Doesn't VW have a series? If so, I'd imagine her stint is short. With BA, he's not doing anything else, so it might be more open-ended.

More a speculation - do we think we're gonna get a scene between Alexis and Jax about his being part of Nikolas' deception?  I feel like these two have been cut off from each other lately and I would like to see them have this discussion.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Nelle is shaken.

General Hospital spoilers for Friday January 24:

Sonny arrives at the ER.

" As a patient? Mike forgets who he is and stabs him with a letter opener, thinking he's Joe Scully? 

A) By Ryan, I hope!

B) Yes, please!!

• Love 2
On 1/10/2020 at 6:19 AM, dubbel zout said:

Dear god, we're NEVER getting rid of Bradford Anderson.  He's the proverbial bad penny.  No doubt he's in town to help the "fair Samantha be able to live in connubial bliss with Stone Cold."  And of course since that will entail bringing Peter down, he'll get to gloat to Maxie that he was right about him.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 6

Why would they get rid of Franco after they've just spent 6 months getting him back to Liz?

I saw Matt Cohen in one of the Hallmark Christmas movies. He was just as much a nonentity there as he was on GH. Griffin must be the only one who can make Michael look dynamic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Based on the article, 

A reliable GH insider reveals it’s unclear if Roger Howarth will renew his contract and stay on as Franco Baldwin. At this point, no one knows if the chance of him leaving as Franco Baldwin is real or not. But, backstage chatter says the actor’s unsure about signing for a new three year deal to play Franco.

I'm tamping down my hope that he'll leave. It looks a lot like what happened last time -- it'll go down to the wire, and then, surprise (!)-- he'll decide to stay after all. (insert barfing emoji here)

• Love 1