Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Are they going to set up a murder mystery?  I'm thinking LWB offs Shiloh to shut him up.

I figured Nelle (with Ryan's help) would kill him before the Peter minion gets the opportunity as hinted today. We shall see. A murder mystery seems like the natural next step, but who knows with this Show. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Shiloh again down the road sometime, given how this fakakta show loves to bring back characters.

Watch them bring back Drew under the storyline that he was abducted after the plane crash and had plastic surgery performed on him to look like Shiloh because... reasons.

• LOL 4

Chloe Lanier and Coby Ryan McLaughlin have had more chemistry in those few scenes in the prison than she managed in years with Chad Duell. I don't know how their story is going to turn out, but an orange-jumpsuit-tearing sex scene somewhere along the way might be amusing.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 9/23/2019 at 2:42 AM, Asp Burger said:

Chloe Lanier and Coby Ryan McLaughlin have had more chemistry in those few scenes in the prison than she managed in years with Chad Duell. I don't know how their story is going to turn out, but an orange-jumpsuit-tearing sex scene somewhere along the way might be amusing.   

And now that CRM is gone, they've totally dropped that plot point. Here I was hoping for Nelle, Shiloh, and Ryan to team up and escape. What a waste of all three actors. 

With all of the scenes of Dustin teaching and the teens talking about how hot he is, I'm wondering if we're building up to something. I don't see an actual Joss and Dustin pairing, but more like she develops a crush and then goes off the deep end. Maybe I'm just hoping for something else other than Oscar Oscar Oscar all the time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I think we see Nelle today, or at least sometime this week. Harmony is still her cellmate, so there's that as well.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Maybe some kind of ripped-from-the-headlines #metoo story involving Joss, with other characters taking sides? 

Ugh, I hope not. I don't want Dustin ruined. If they do go in that direction, I want Dustin to shut that shit down immediately and firmly. We already had Lauren's #metoo story with its hugely anticlimactic ending.

And I don't want to see Carly and Sonny braying on about how Joss was taken advantage of when she was in such an emotionally fragile state.

• Love 10

I really hope they aren’t making Dustin a villain because I like him with Lulu but this show has a weird fascination with rape. I’m not sure where else they would be planning to go with this. I can’t see them doing a full student-teacher relationship with the actress being underage irl. Maybe her having an unrequited crush ala Maxie/Lucky and Kristina/Ethan and having Dustin being falsely accused?

• Love 3

I can't remember if I said this here or elsewhere, but given how Frank clearly wants Joss to be the new Starr, I can't help thinking of OLTL and her doomed crush on Schuyler in 2009.  As Joss is, Starr was grieving because her baby had died (or "died", as it turned out) and she formed a bond with her teacher Sky, who was also going through some stuff (his mother had committed suicide and he found out she was being blackmailed because of him).  Starr threw herself at him a few times and they maybe actually kissed once, but it didn't go farther than that.  Sky then escaped that nightmare - although he got fired from the school - only to end up in the nightmare that was a triangle with Rex and Gigi.  My poor Schuyler, oh how he suffered.

• Love 9

Ah, SS: They Goose-stepped Into My Heart. (™Dandesun, IIRC.) Memories. I kind of liked them? The actual story was clumsily handled, but there was some so-wrong-it's-right potential there. It was inappropriate but not creepy, you know? Or at least that's how it seemed to me, mileage no doubt varies on where that line is.

A Dustin/Joss thing would NOT work the same way. Mark Lawson, bless his handsomeness, has to be pushing 40 now, while Scott Clifton at the time was a baby-faced 25. Dustin can't look anything but predatory having a relationship with a teenager when he's literally old enough to be her father. Please don't let this be where they're going. Don't ruin Mark Lawson!

He still should have been Lucky.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Ah, SS: They Goose-stepped Into My Heart. (™Dandesun, IIRC.) Memories.

Definitely @Dandesun

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Dustin can't look anything but predatory having a relationship with a teenager when he's literally old enough to be her father. Please don't let this be where they're going.

When you put it this way, I don't think this is where the story will go. Joss doesn't need a father figure when Jax is in town and involved in her life. And Dustin seems genuinely interested in Lulu, and him getting involved with a teenager isn't going to further that. 

Ugh. This show has enough gross stories going on right now; it doesn't need to add a teacher-student relationship.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Don't ruin Mark Lawson!

He still should have been Lucky.

Yes please, his presence is one of like three things I don't hate with a fiery passion.  He even makes Lulu somewhat bearable! 

I have heard scuttlebutt that Mark Lawson read to play a recast Drew, but didn't get it/the recast was scrapped.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And Dustin seems genuinely interested in Lulu, and him getting involved with a teenager isn't going to further that. 

Especially considering that the teenager is Lulu's family. I assume at some point he will learn that Josslyn's mother and Lulu are cousins, and also that Lulu is Cameron's aunt. However, since Cam is not Lulu's bio nephew, he and Josslyn could date in the future.

If this were a good soap.... they would have a situation where people thought something inappropriate was going on, and put it out on the internet.  A look at cancel culture, where even the appearance of doing something wrong can ruin a life.  Maybe have someone dig up old MyFace or whatever posts that "prove" that he is a bad guy.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

If this were a good soap.... they would have a situation where people thought something inappropriate was going on, and put it out on the internet.  A look at cancel culture, where even the appearance of doing something wrong can ruin a life.  Maybe have someone dig up old MyFace or whatever posts that "prove" that he is a bad guy.

They did something sorta like that on "Hollyoaks".  There was a grooming story involving a teenage boy and his football/soccer coach, but in the midst of it, the victim panicked and fingered an innocent person.  And that person ended up having his business trashed, was called all sorts of disgusting things online, even got the crap kicked out of him.  It was an interesting beat in an overall very well-done story, a.k.a. a story not on "General Hospital".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
On 10/2/2019 at 5:51 PM, ouinason said:

It's interesting to be reading this thread only after watching today's episode, b/c there seemed to be a beat when Lulu was complaining to Dustin that you think you know someone, and it turns out you don't AT ALL, or something like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2019 at 7:51 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

It's interesting to be reading this thread only after watching today's episode, b/c there seemed to be a beat when Lulu was complaining to Dustin that you think you know someone, and it turns out you don't AT ALL, or something like that.

I picked up on that, too. I'm not sure what to make of it. 

• Useful 1

Paging Dr. Jones: Brad Maule Returns To General Hospital?!

OH MY GOODNESS!! TONY!!

General Hospital’s Leslie Charleson shared a picture from a now-deleted tweet today with GH alum Brad Maule! The caption reading, “Look who was on the show today!! ⁦@bradmaule⁩ So good to see our old pal!!!” 

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/10/paging-dr-jones-brad-maule-returns-to.html

I loved Tony and found BM a very underrated actor but I actually thought when they killed off Tony it was a good ending for him. I mean the character was walking death after he went off the deep end when Carly destroyed him.

Plus I don't want GH to ruin anymore characters I enjoyed anyways.

• Love 1

I saw some rumors that Kim and Peter might be out soon but not sure if it was just wishful thinking. I could see the argument for both since Peter is getting the villain treatment and I don’t think there’s anyway to bring Kim back from where she is now. Also, without Julian and Liz, she has no ties to canvas if Franco gets his memories back. 

• Love 4

I agree, both characters are kinda teed up to be gievn the boot.  Though I guess we need to first finally pull the trigger on LWB/FS being Alex's, not Anna's, but we need Finola back for that.

My one reservation is that it might mean a full-on Spinelli return.  He's been popping in far too often lately for my liking.  And I could see them throwing up their hands and putting Maxie back with him.

• Love 2

Wow, a Tony/Brad Maule sighting?!

Maybe a ghostly visit, as was said above, is happening for Lucas...which would be great. Lucas needs his parents. But since Bobbie is always up Carly's butt, it falls to his father. And I don't mean Julian.

• Love 4

I could see them making it work. Lucas will probably feel alone after learning that Brad and Julian were keeping this secret from him and the rest of his family is also related to Michael so they would torn between being sad for him and happy that Michael’s son is alive. 

21 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And Lucas and Ghost!Tony can talk about how it's BS Bobbie gave BJ's music box to Carly's daughter instead of a daughter of Lucas'.

So much BS. Lucas actually remembers BJ as his sister and grieved for her. It would even make more sense for Bobbie to gift it to that ridiculous flake Maxie for her daughter.

It is super weird that Lucas has never expressed any resentment for Carly blowing up his childhood. God forbid we be reminded Carly isn't just totally awesome, or that Lucas Jones be treated like an actual character with recognizable human feelings.

• Love 14
35 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

So much BS. Lucas actually remembers BJ as his sister and grieved for her. It would even make more sense for Bobbie to gift it to that ridiculous flake Maxie for her daughter.

It is super weird that Lucas has never expressed any resentment for Carly blowing up his childhood. God forbid we be reminded Carly isn't just totally awesome, or that Lucas Jones be treated like an actual character with recognizable human feelings.

Well he did when he was younger and gave Carly a hard time(when Justin Cooper was in the role and Lucas was weirdly De-Sorased) but yeah beyond that I agree. Lucas should be a much better character than he is and yet... This is why I don't watch GH on a regular basis anymore just get someone to make Laura only clips and I'm good I can't with the rest of the show.

Maxie would make way more sense since you know she actually has BJ's heart and grew up with her.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Justin Cooper was the kid with the bowl cut and the sulky voice that seemed to be eight years old for about five years, right? I don't think that counts.

Yes same one but that was the last time Lucas hated Carly unfortunately.

Unfortunately this show isn't going to escape the trinity of suck until they inevitably get cancelled.

TVLine confirmed the Ghost!Tony visit: https://tvline.com/2019/10/10/general-hospital-brad-maule-returning-tony-alive/

What hit me reading the news again is how sad it is that Lucas has to conjure up Ghost!Tony because he doesn't have a best friend or a close co-worker or a family member on Tony's side of the family to turn to.  I guess you could argue Sam, but her loyalties lean Corinthii and she'll probably just use the opportunity to whine about Julian.  It should really be Maxie, I hate that they have no relationship.

Even his doctor friend in Llanview won't be a great source of comfort:

Lucas: Can you believe Brad, keeping secrets about a child's paterntity...

Kyle Fish-Lewis: ...uh...

Lucas: ...doctoring DNA tests...

Kyle Fish-Lewis: ...uh...

Lucas: Trying to kill a woman to bury the truth!

Kyle Fish-Lewis: Oh, oh, I didn't do that one!  Yeah, that's horrible!

#showinmyhead

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

It should really be Maxie, I hate that they have no relationship.

NO. Given Maxie's history of faking a pregnancy to keep her hooks in Lucas's cousin Lucky and then lying to Lucas's other cousin Lulu about her pregnancy/infant Georgie until she was backed into a corner and forced to tell the truth, she is not the right person for Lucas to talk to. She is also too self-absorbed and would ultimately empathize with Brad because she is like Brad. I still remember that she quickly empathized with how Patrick must be feeling after finding out that he had cheated on her beloved cousin Robin.

The best person for Lucas to lean on in this situation would be Robin. She watched his family lose BJ. She later witnessed how Tony lost control from being invested in unborn/baby Michael and then having his invested heart become a casualty of Carly's drama with AJ and Jason. Robin can speak with authority about Tony's love for/pride in Lucas and how he is a strong young man for being a whole person after both his sister and dad's deaths. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I get what you're saying, but Lucas and Robin have never been portrayed as having that kind of relationship while, in the past, Lucas and Maxie were shown to have one.  They're cousins, they're peers, they both had a child at the same time so you think that would have bonded them more, it's just bizarre the show never plays them together.

It just sucks that Lucas has few real relationships, friendly or familial, and even the ones we see - with his husband, with his nephew, with his sisters - are written very shallowly.

• Love 5

I remember Lucas and Georgie having a friendship back in high school. I'd like to see him have a relationship with Maxie. He needs a friend. I feel like Curtis is the only one with friendships on this aggie. Oh, except for Lulu and Maxie, whatever that awkward friendship is.

• Love 3
Just now, dubbel zout said:

I miss Griffin as a doctor, because there aren't enough GH-focused stories.

Another thing Lucas could be doing, and honestly should have been doing once Patrick left  But instead, they invented Griffin.

Halloween spoilers:

On the Thursday, October 31 episode of ABC’s “General Hospital,” the town of Port Charles gathers for the annual Metro Court Halloween party to celebrate all the ghouls and the goblins roaming about. Meanwhile, one resident, Ava Jerome (Maura West), gets spooked when she senses a masked man from the party has followed her to her gallery.

Across town, the Haunted Star high school Halloween dance gets going just as Cameron Webber (William Lipton) and Josslyn Jacks (Eden McCoy) get carried away with the spirits.

Yes, the institution that is the Metro Court Halloween party...that happened once...and featured a woman's head show up in a barrel of apples.

Also that Joss/Cameron spoiler makes it sound like they're gonna get drunk and hook up.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I want Dev to leave so I hope he's the one Joss hooks up with. Then Carly can tell at him how he betrayed them.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I miss Griffin as a doctor, because there aren't enough GH-focused stories. But Griffin as a character? We hardly knew ye!

Griffin was not only a Sonny stan, he expected perfection fron his damsels in distress and was cruel if they didn't live up to he fantasies.

I don't miss him at all.

• Love 5

Meanwhile, one resident, Ava Jerome (Maura West), gets spooked when she senses a masked man from the party has followed her to her gallery.

Can Nikolas finally show up please? Who else could this be? I'm tired of waiting.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4

Hayden made reference to the rightful heirs (plural) recently, so I'm guessing she means Nikolas and Spencer. Not that she would care about Nik, but the two of them probably have some deal worked out so that if she can get her hands on the codicil, he will cut her in on some of the money. She thinks she needs it for her daughter and would want to split town, but instead Finn finds out first. Cue the fall drama with Anna returning on top of that. That's all just spec.

Or, like you said, Ryan escapes. Ugh.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh I thought Ryan had escaped somehow.  But Nikolas is a better guess given all the recent hints.

Same! All the Nik references seem too anvilicious not to mean something, so maybe it's him. But we're always let down by the show, and I'm not holding my breath.

10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Not that she would care about Nik, but the two of them probably have some deal worked out so that if she can get her hands on the codicil, he will cut her in on some of the money.

Rebecca Budig's interest in Nik is purely monetary. Plus, I think she enjoyed being Princess Cassadine.

• Love 2
On 10/11/2019 at 7:36 PM, dubbel zout said:

Ryan Carnes won't go on contract, so they're kind of hamstrung by that. It's not as if Matt Cohen being on contract made much difference, but I think RC can turn down GH if he wants.

So bring back C.J. Thomason, put him on contact, and let's see more Lucas.

On 10/11/2019 at 8:02 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Halloween spoilers:

Yes, the institution that is the Metro Court Halloween party...that happened once...and featured a woman's head show up in a barrel of apples.

Also that Joss/Cameron spoiler makes it sound like they're gonna get drunk and hook up.

I'm putting money on "spirit" being Oscar... of course. :eyeroll:

On 10/11/2019 at 10:10 PM, tvgoddess said:

Can Nikolas finally show up please? Who else could this be? I'm tired of waiting.

Yes please!