Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Peter breathes a sigh of relief

Which likely means he doesn't have the gene for Huntington's disease, so all of that angst was...for what, exactly?

Anna has a talk with Jason

Ugh, please end this. There's no way Anna had a child with Faison (lalalala I can't hear you, Show), and I don't care about LWB/FS's connection to Jason AT ALL.

Nelle grows desperate as she sees her plans begin to unravel

As opposed to them working so well in the past? 

• Love 2

Which likely means he doesn't have the gene for Huntington's disease, so all of that angst was...for what, exactly?

Maybe it will turn out to be he isn't Faison's kid ? I watched a show one time on Investigation Discovery (used to be horribly addicted to that channel, still love it) where a mother shot one of her sons who was in a nursing home due to Huntington's because he had deteriorated so badly. When she got out of jail, one of her conditions for release was that she never have contact with another son, who sadly also was diagnosed with the same disease. Her husband also had it. And I think a third son also had it ?

If that's usually the norm, it's a pretty good indication Faison was not the father-because I think Huntington's usually surfaces, symptom wise, by the time you are in your thirties.  So he's going to be Robert and Anna's son. Sorry for the jinx for those who do not like him. I am not watching-it's a shot in the dark.

ETA Ned picking up the pieces better not be this stinking show killing off another Q(even offscreen). I'm not watching, but seriously. Better not.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

Oh, I think the Huntington's thing was a) just an excuse for Anna to seek out her "daughter" versus leaving "her" be and b) an excuse to give Griffin pieces of the puzzle via LWB/FS coming to him for the test that he could potentially put together later.  These writers introduced the idea of a Faison/Anna kid, I don't think they're gonna change it anytime soon.

But - and I know next-to-nothing about the disease -  it does seem medically inaccurate that Maxie's baby AND LWB/FS AND Britt all test negative.

19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But - and I know next-to-nothing about the disease -  it does seem medically inaccurate that Maxie's baby AND LWB/FS AND Britt all test negative.

Statistically it's unlikely, I think, but it's not entirely out of the question.

• Love 3

Supposedly you have a fifty/fifty chance if your parent is a carrier, of having it. The lady I was talking about earlier was Carol Carr. It was two sons she killed, not one, and the case made national news as a "mercy killing" at the time: and yes, one other son did contract it and she was not allowed to be his caregiver. It sounds like a horrible way to "live", and I wouldn't even wish it on Faison. Or Jason. And that's saying something for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Carr

Again admittedly haven't watched in so long, have no idea what the writing is like these days-but I doubt the writers would make it a plot point for no reason. You could be right, TeeVee329.

It could. be just an excuse for Anna to look for her kid, IDK.

Statistically it's unlikely, I think, but it's not entirely out of the question.

No, it isn't out of the question. But I do think families like Carol Carr's(mother in law, sister in law, brother in law, husband, and all three sons having it) are very rare indeed. At least, I hope so.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3

I think the smaller the sampling, the greater the chances that results would deviate from the 50/50 norm.  So having all 3 people test negative wouldn't be that big a stretch (though I have a gene mutation in my family and out of 6 tested,  4 are positive and 2 negative, so that's close to the average).

Topic?  If LWB is really Faison's son, I don't see why they wouldn't make him positive.  He could still be asymptomatic for years.

• Love 1
On 3/12/2018 at 9:28 PM, yowsah1 said:

Silly Anna.  She shouldn't be asking Valentin what he saw, but what he DIDN'T see!  ;)

I know! That scene was UCG.

I've since seen the scene so I know the answer was "pink blanket," but you half expect him to say, "Um, girl parts. I mean, what the hell else would it be?"

• Love 1

What startling discovery will the police commissioner stumble upon?

There are too many joke answers for this one.

Kiki is unnerved when Dr. Bensch requests a meeting with her in his office. Though she’s uneasy with his ever-increasing invasion of her personal space, she meets with him anyway, unsure if he’s being nice or something more. When her mentor says he’s arranged for her to have a prestigious internship, she’s more than grateful. But that feeling is soon erased when Dr. Bensch kisses her.

Poor James dePaiva. Stuck in GH's terrible version of a #MeToo story.

• Love 6

I am so torn about this Kiki/Dr. Bensch storyline.  It's an extremely topical story the type of which the show should be doing, and they've laid the groundwork, if extremely intermittently until last week.  But do I trust this show, with its current moral compass, to get this right?  ...not really.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, jsbt said:

Why, he's just humble workin' man and tavern owner Charlie!

It's a GASTROPUB, people. How many times do I have to tell you this?!

That clip is so dumb. Dragging out Franco's sekrit does not make it any more shocking/sympathetic/interesting, Show. And I detest how stupidly stubborn Franco is about talking about it. 

• Love 3

And it's irrelevant!  They've been telling this tedious (redemption #5?) story about whether 3 year old Franco was a sociopath. Which, who cares? He's one right now. And Liz is totally over the fact that he thought he might be a danger to her and her children and didn't tell her so that she could protect herself and her children

• Love 6

So they can have Kristina date her professor and make her the agressor in that storyline but we're supposed to have faith they will do justice to a sexual harassment storyline.

4 hours ago, In2You said:

So they can have Kristina date her professor and make her the agressor in that storyline but we're supposed to have faith they will do justice to a sexual harassment storyline.

Ugh. Don't get me started on that Kristina storyline. If Parker had been a male professor who was married and sending mixed signals to Kristina, people would have had a fit. Somehow making it a lesbian storyline made it all fine. Now they are going to ruin a perfectly good doctor (something sadly lacking for a show called General freakin Hospital) on nitwit Kiki.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

And it's irrelevant!  They've been telling this tedious (redemption #5?) story about whether 3 year old Franco was a sociopath. Which, who cares? He's one right now. And Liz is totally over the fact that he thought he might be a danger to her and her children and didn't tell her so that she could protect herself and her children

While Law and Order isn't exactly accurate in dealing with...law and order, there was a scene (paraphrasing), I forget which of the lady ADAs commented on someone's bad experience being taken into account and Jack McCoy said if the justice system took into account the shitty childhoods of every prisoner, then the jails would be effectively emptied. On a blog I read, the blogger believes the reason child molestors are basically the bottom of the food chain in prisons is because many of the prisoners were sexually abused by men when they were children. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:59 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

I think the smaller the sampling, the greater the chances that results would deviate from the 50/50 norm.  So having all 3 people test negative wouldn't be that big a stretch (though I have a gene mutation in my family and out of 6 tested,  4 are positive and 2 negative, so that's close to the average).

Topic?  If LWB is really Faison's son, I don't see why they wouldn't make him positive.  He could still be asymptomatic for years.

I think I read that with each passing generation, the gene itself mutates/copies itself even more(I don't know if I'm explaining it correctly) but basically what I read was, the more mutated/copied the gene, the greater the chance of getting the disease. So basically, it's more of a concern about Maxie's baby, than any of Faison's children. It could be a sad, but interesting plot point, to see Maxie dealing with worrying that her child could be born with the gene and potentially develop the disease later in life.

As far as Kiki goes, eh.   I think the spoilers sound icky, and there's enough ICK going around IRL right now. Is it really needed ? I say no.

Edited by IWantCandy71

"In dreams, we can always visit the ones we love"? Blah!  I want him back for good. I want to see how he interacts with Peter and would actually be interested in seeing his test for Huntington's coming back positive and how he and Maxi handle the fact that things are uncertain.  

• Love 1

Not to play mod here, but maybe take this to the spoiler thread? That’s what it’s for. I mean, if this turns out to be legit, the thread title itself will spoil people.

That said, I’m of two minds. It’s a little cheap to undo a death so quickly, especially when it was handled (by current GH standards) fairly well. But...I liked Nathan. He’ll never be a big fave, but he was inoffensive, which on this show is an accomplishment in itself.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 1

FFS...I'm reading on Twitter that the anniversary episode this year centers around some kind of party the Corinthii throw to "recreate a spot near and dear to Mike and GH fans".

1) What do we think this spot is?

2) HATE!

32 minutes ago, ulkis said:

My guess would be Luke's.

Same here. It made sense for Mike to mention it when he was at the gallery, but it wasn't entirely necessary. And it's something that would have to be re-created, which is how I took that tweet as well.

Oh gawd, it'll probably be Dunkin' Corinthos with a new sign.

I had thought the anniversary episode might be, you know, good, because I'd read that Bobbie and Scotty and Felicia were all in it.  But if it's them attending a Corinthii "Aren't we awesome!" fest?  Guh-ross.

Edited by TeeVee329

Mike’s medical situation begins to affect Sonny

"Begins"???? It's been about Sonny from the start.

Nelle’s plan to sabotage Carly is in full swing.

Which means it will fizzle out the next day. Not only is the scarf thing dumber than dumb, but there's no way Carly should be duped by it. I know they're trying to set it up with her talking about Morgan a lot lately and feeling vulnerable and sad, but that doesn't do it for me.

• Love 6

"A drunken Drew"...heh! 

What's with the Liason spoilers? Are they going there, seeing if there's some more juice to be squeezed out of the ol' triangle? It would surprise me a little, because I thought if they freed up one of the Jasons for another round with Liz (or a triangle with her and Franco), it would be Drew. But maybe not.  He has Kim in waiting. Jason doesn't really have another candidate.  

I did always like Becky and Steve together. It never works out well for Liz, though. He leaves town, or he chooses SWSNBN or Sam over her, whatever.  

Someone in the episode thread mentioned that Van Etten is setting up a romantic "chain," where it's not entirely predictable how the couplings will settle. The one for Sam/Drew/Kim/Julian/Alexis/Finn/Anna/André leaves a lot of plausible avenues open, and Franco, Liz, and Jason could get tacked on to the beginning of that list (leading into Sam). I approve, actually. It keeps people from getting marooned with the same one or two scene partners every time they're on.   

Edited by Asp Burger

Promo for the anniversary:

I capital H HATE that it's apparently a Corinthii "Aren't we the fuckin' awesomest!" party/event that gets these people together, but I spotted LUCY (!!!!!!!) so I'll have to allow it.  Please please PLEASE let her talk to Kevin!

• Love 3

All jokes aside, Steve did say though that Jason has been living his own personal hell ever since he found out that his brother has been living his life. And because of that, Jason deserves any happiness that he can get at this point.

The only thing that Jason deserves -  is to be locked up in solitary confinement at a federal maximum security penitentiary - at best.

• Love 13

General Hospital spoilers also hint Maxie West (Kristen Storms) waits for a special guest.  Could it be her daughter Georgie (Lily Fisher)? General Hospital Damien Spinelli (Bradford Anderson) is in town and may have brought their daughter with him

Spin did bring Georgie with him—at some point he said she was with Max and Felicia.

In other General Hospital spoilers, Jason Morgan (Steve Burton) winds up saying more than he should.

Ah, yes, the blabbermouth known as Jason Morgan strikes again. 

• Love 4

All jokes aside, Steve did say though that Jason has been living his own personal hell ever since he found out that his brother has been living his life. And because of that, Jason deserves any happiness that he can get at this point.

Who cares if it's at the expense of others?  Burton certainly doesn't seem to.

What about the hell Drew has been living in since he found out that his life was erased because he looks like Jason?

• Love 14
39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What about the hell Drew has been living in since he found out that his life was erased because he looks like Jason?

No one, apparently. Carly and Sonny were too busy jumping over Sam and each other to cry hysterically at Jason being back and Drew/Sam have been too focused on dealing with the relationship fallout. No one seems to care what Drew has gone through or acknowledge that Drew has gone through anything except Curtis. And Monica. Shouldn't that be why Drew is angry? That his entire life was destroyed because he looked like his identical twin hitman brother that no one ever knew he had?

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Shouldn't that be why Drew is angry? That his entire life was destroyed because he looked like his identical twin hitman brother that no one ever knew he had?

That would mean Drew might be angry with Jason, and we can't have that.

That whole aspect of the story has been so badly neglected. We get a bit of lip service to it every now and then, but Drew hasn't been able to talk to anyone about it.

• Love 9

That's why Spin is in town this time—to pretend to be Heinrich, draw him out, and resolve the Jason cage match.

I'm sure the writers thought they were being so clever, but come on. Jason Morgan, at least, will never die.

• Love 3