Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Why can they never have a soap marriage just last and be relatively content? There are other storylines and hardships that relationships can face other than infidenlity.  Lulu and Dante already had their stupid cheating storyline. We don't need another one, whether it is actual cheating or just presumed cheating.  Has there ever been a soap couple that was each others first and only marriage? Why not go that route for once?  It would certainly be novel.

• Love 7

Scott and Kevin put aside their differences. {March 1}

Intriguing!  I mean, not really, because it surely involves Franco, but I'm into seeing Scotty and Kevin interact.

Faison’s will is read.  What he bequeaths Jason and Drew will have cataclysmic consequences #GH

1) Because the show made such good use of Helena's will as a story engine?

2) Again, Faison would not care this much about Jason, any Jason.

3) I wonder if Britt will get anything.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Faison’s will is read.  What he bequeaths Jason and Drew will have cataclysmic consequences #GH

1) Because the show made such good use of Helena's will as a story engine?

2) Again, Faison would not care this much about Jason, any Jason.

3) I wonder if Britt will get anything.

1) I have very mild hopes for improvement because it's not Jean or Ron writing it.

2) I know. They've done a terrible job telling us why Faison focused on Jason, any Jason. 

3) Girl child. 'Nuff said.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Intriguing!  I mean, not really, because it surely involves Franco, but I'm into seeing Scotty and Kevin interact.

Laura and Lucy should be a part of this if we are going to get into Scotty and Kevin putting aside their differences or even acknowledging that they have any.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

What he bequeaths Jason and Drew will have cataclysmic consequences

Is there any doubt that it will be Drew's memories?

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

2) I know. They've done a terrible job telling us why Faison focused on Jason, any Jason. 

But he's Jason! Of course Faison is focused on him!

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But he's Jason! Of course Faison is focused on him!

They didn't even give us that. I'd have rolled my eyes, but if Faison at said, "I heard Jason Morgan was the best," at least it would be a reason. We've gotten nothing, just that Jason was chosen.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

They didn't even give us that. I'd have rolled my eyes, but if Faison at said, "I heard Jason Morgan was the best," at least it would be a reason. We've gotten nothing, just that Jason was chosen.

Granted, I haven't been watching since Genie left and very little before that, but have they even bothered to explain the Helena/Victor Cassadine part of this whole Jason experiment? Now we know it was really Drew in Creighton-Clark that Robin revived (right?), but presumably Victor didn't know that. (Helena was, of course, dead at that time, but also alive and on Cassadine Island with Jake and one of the Jasons). Were Helena and Faison just to have joint custody of their Soldier Boy Jason Morgan? 

• Love 1

2/19/2018

Jason is thrown into battle against Drew; Anna visits Maxie; Peter changes his mind; Alexis gets a shock; Sonny opens up to an old friend.

2/20/2018

Molly attacks; Monica surprises Michael; Olivia supports her man; Drew asks Curtis for help; Kim steps in.

2/21/2018

Alexis gets into a dangerous situation; Anna makes a promise; Sam watches over a friend; Peter appeals to Lulu; Kim asks for a favor.

2/22/2018

Jason asks Peter for help; Peter doesn't reveal how much he knows; Ava's gallery comes under threat; Nelle feels ready to move forward; Alexis meets with Brad.

2/23/2018

Sonny opens up to Epiphany; Griffin calls for help; Franco meets with Kevin; Anna acts awkward in Finn's presence; Kiki gets the help she needs.

I see Sonny is going on his bi-annual "my angst!" tour.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Alexis meets with Brad.

meets with Brad?  Not just an off-screen mention.

13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Granted, I haven't been watching since Genie left and very little before that, but have they even bothered to explain the Helena/Victor Cassadine part of this whole Jason experiment? Now we know it was really Drew in Creighton-Clark that Robin revived (right?), but presumably Victor didn't know that. (Helena was, of course, dead at that time, but also alive and on Cassadine Island with Jake and one of the Jasons). Were Helena and Faison just to have joint custody of their Soldier Boy Jason Morgan? 

I have the feeling that they'd like to bury all that and just play with the Mean Old Faison vs St Jasus plot.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I have the feeling that they'd like to bury all that and just play with the Mean Old Faison vs St Jasus plot.

Why would Faison give a crap about Jason Morgan or Drew? Are we still going with it was Helena that kidnapped Jake or was that Faison too?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

Alexis meets with Brad.

The only thing I can think of is legal advice re: the adoption.  But WITHOUT Lucas (who?) there?  That'd be so weird.

Or maybe she wants to scold him for being mean to her buddy Dr. Michael Easton int he past. #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

a last minute hit piece on Alexis in The Intruder about her mob past and actions taken to help Julian get out of jail.

Again, how is it a "hit piece" when it's all true?  She DOES have a mob past, she DID take actions to get Julian out of jail.  I hate this story so much, you guys.

Will Peter declare his status to obtain what’s his, or will Nathan’s share go to his wife Maxie?

Why the hell would Maxie even want it?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Will Peter declare his status to obtain what’s his, or will Nathan’s share go to his wife Maxie?

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why the hell would Maxie even want it?

Forget that. How would Nathan even get his share since Faison didn't even KNOW about this unknown son in time to update his will?!

This FAKAKTA show, I SWEAR. ?????

• Love 5
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Again, how is it a "hit piece" when it's all true?  She DOES have a mob past, she DID take actions to get Julian out of jail.  I hate this story so much, you guys.

Seriously. Don't most people know about this? It's not as if there was no news coverage when this stuff was happening.  

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Even the sight of LWB/FS is starting to annoy me.  Go away!

Maxie, to Peter: "You're the first person who hasn't tried to make me feel better." Shut up, Maxie. I get what they're trying to do with her, but Maxie is coming across to me as ungrateful that she's surrounded by friends and family trying to make her feel better, rather than exhausted by dealing with everyone. They need only have her say something to that effect—"It's been so hard to listen to people try to comfort me when I don't want to be comforted right now"—but of course we have to gallop through Maxie's grief so that she can unwittingly confide in the brother-in-law she doesn't know she has. Ugh.

• Love 3

What I don't understand is why are Maxie and Lulu confiding in Peter in the first place. Lulu barely knows him except as her editor that pushed her to do the article that got her friend killed, and Maxie barely knows him at all. He's been at Crimson for all of a month or two.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

What I don't understand is why are Maxie and Lulu confiding in Peter in the first place.

Irony! (And the show is trying to establish him in its usual way, by shoving him into situations he has no business being in.)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

What I don't understand is why are Maxie and Lulu confiding in Peter in the first place.

57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Irony! (And the show is trying to establish him in its usual way, by shoving him into situations he has no business being in.)

And the eventual 'BETRAAAAAAAAAYAL' when the truth comes out regarding his true identity.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, LexieLily said:

And, of course, they will all count it as a major BETRAYYALLL like they've known him for years and not merely weeks. Living in Port Charles should really give them radar for noticing shady characters.

You’d think, right? But they still hold events at the MetroCourt, and how many shootouts have occurred there?

6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If they are setting up possible Peter/Maxie what is the point of writing yet another Maxie Lulu fued?

It’s the show having things both ways, of course.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If they are setting up possible Peter/Maxie what is the point of writing yet another Maxie Lulu fued?

Oh, good Lord, WHY would they set up a potential Peter/Maxie? It really undercuts the idea that your current partner is your One True Love when you immediately fall in love/like/in bed with another.

• Love 3

I wonder if they are setting up a Regrets arc for Peter. He came into town looking for revenge on his father but he hurt so many people because of it and now he can't make things right for them again.

It could be interesting but it would also suck because there are so many established characters who deserve their own story arcs before he does (Hi, Lucas! ).

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if they are setting up a Regrets arc for Peter. He came into town looking for revenge on his father but he hurt so many people because of it and now he can't make things right for them again.

It could be interesting but it would also suck because there are so many established characters who deserve their own story arcs before he does (Hi, Lucas! ).

Did Peter know Nathan existed before he came to town, or know that he was married with a baby on the way?

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

This is the biggest problem the show has, among many. They try to write redemption stories for villains practically right after their crimes/misdeeds, when there is no time for them to genuinely feel remorse and no time for the audience to be invested in the character or care if they get redemption or not.

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I'm still of the mind that Nelle being Frank Benson's daughter wasn't the original plan, but that someone higher up demanded that Nelle be paired with Michael and thus there were only so many ways she could be tied to Carly.

I'm not sure if they ever had a definite plan for Nelle. They wanted a young Carly type and I think that's the only thing they knew for sure. They finally figured having Nelle be a thorn in Carly's side by having Nelle want to be with Michael, was a better choice than making her Carly's long lost kid. I don't think Nelle is a "failure".  I just think she's like most of the characers were when I stopped watching: pointless. And that's not necessarily the fault of the character, or the actress.

How would Nathan even get his share since Faison didn't even KNOW about this unknown son in time to update his will

If it can be established that Nathan was Faison's son, Maxie can petition the court as Nathan's widow, for what would have been Nathan's share. She can contest any will Faison left, and likely end up getting Nathan's half of Faison's estate. Maxie may not want it, but she might want her child to have the money for college, etc. Why not ? Something good should come of Nathan's death. Nathan's murderer paying for Nathan's child's future is a sound defense for saying yes to the money.

I also have to chime in to LOL that Faison would care about Jason. Or Drew. It makes about as much sense as Helena giving more than a second's thought to SAM. Helena and Faison are epic villains, or they used to be. Drew, Jason and Sam are lame nobodies that for some reason are the central focus of this show. I mean really.....how the mighty have fallen.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I don't think Nelle is a "failure".  I just think she's like most of the characers were when I stopped watching: pointless. And that's not necessarily the fault of the character, or the actress.

I think it's safe to say Nelle was/is a faliure. Most people were excited when they heard about the casting. People wanted to like her. It was part the writing, part her. She's a good actress, but she can't overcome the writing and her lack of chemistry with Michael. (Which is partly CD's fault too.) And it's shallow but she needs a haircut/style. (As do half the cast.) 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

How would Nathan even get his share since Faison didn't even KNOW about this unknown son in time to update his will

Faison left his estate to "my son." The son wasn't named, so it doesn't matter if the will was updated to include Nathan specifically. 

(I know this wasn't your original quote, @IWantCandy71.)

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think it's safe to say Nelle was/is a faliure. Most people were excited when they heard about the casting. People wanted to like her. It was part the writing, part her. She's a good actress, but she can't overcome the writing and her lack of chemistry with Michael. (Which is partly CD's fault too.) And it's shallow but she needs a haircut/style. (As do half the cast.) 

This was me.  I wanted to like her, I was rooting for her to destroy Carly but good, but bad writing choices plus beyond bland chemistry with Michael/CD plus more bad writing choices equaled failure.  I'm not hating her being more of a full-throttle bitch at the moment, but it's kinda too little, too late.

Oh, and another thing that struck me from the promo?  Intergenerational feuds on soaps are definitely a thing, but it's kinda crazy that Nelle and Ava - two characters in two very different age brackets - both have basically the same feud with Carly.  It again speaks to how terrible the twentysomething canvas is.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This was me.  I wanted to like her, I was rooting for her to destroy Carly but good, but bad writing choices plus beyond bland chemistry with Michael/CD plus more bad writing choices equaled failure.  I'm not hating her being more of a full-throttle bitch at the moment, but it's kinda too little, too late.

It was most of us. :sob:

I'm liking Nelle a little bit more but mostly because I'm expecting her to be gone after this arc, even if it's a couple of months. If she's not, ugh. She's still so plodding, even as a schemer. The tiny trickle of tears even as she plots makes her a lame schemer. I mean come on Nelle! Be excited about your ev0l plan!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wanted to like [Nelle], I was rooting for her to destroy Carly but good, but bad writing choices plus beyond bland chemistry with Michael/CD plus more bad writing choices equaled failure.  I'm not hating her being more of a full-throttle bitch at the moment, but it's kinda too little, too late.

I can't figure out why they pulled back with Nelle going after Carly. Fake-drugging Sonny wasn't the way to go at all, and this dumb pregnancy stuff is written so badly I don't care what happens. Michael is such a piece of white bread with Nelle that I can't root for him to get the better of her.

43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

it's kinda crazy that Nelle and Ava - two characters in two very different age brackets - both have basically the same feud with Carly.  It again speaks to how terrible the twentysomething canvas is.

It also speaks to how creatively empty the writers are. If we're going to have two similar stories going on at the same time, why on earth aren't Nelle and Ava teaming up to take Carly down? We know Carly won't lose, but her life could be miserable for a while. Instead, Ava warns Nelle and does nothing to change her situation. 

37 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

We're all still expecting some kind of baby swap coming up with her and Maxie, yes?

Ugh, I hope not. It's a very soapy premise, but this show will find a way to suck the goodness out. Plus, Maxie's already been involved with a baby swap. I'd rather that didn't become a habit with her.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

We're all still expecting some kind of baby swap coming up with her and Maxie, yes?

I have read in two different spoiler places that Maxie's baby dies and Peter/Heinrich steals Nelle's baby to give to Maxie to save her from the grief. Ugh, please no.