Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I found the Ric story harder to tolerate than the Franco one, really. But I loathed that character, as well as the way Rick Hearst played him. In fairness, he was kneecapped from the start. No in-family enemy of Sonny's was ever going to be a force to be reckoned with. He would always really want Sonny to wuv him, and not even do a good job of hiding it.

The similarities in the stories are that in both cases Liz has a lot of scenes in which she tells people the guy is a good man and they don't understand him the way she does, and Carly screeches at him, and Jason beats him up.  And in both cases I'd agree that Liz is just a bystander in what's ostensibly at least half her story.  It's really more about the guy and how he fits into the overall Port Charles scene. She's there to perform a function.  

• Love 8

Is everyone excited for the earthquake that will change nothing everything!

I know nobody important is going to die, but I kinda hope Lulu gets conked in the head with some rubble at least.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I know nobody important is going to die, but I kinda hope Lulu gets conked in the head with some rubble at least.

There is a long list of people I want to get conked in the head with some rubble. Rock needs to make a major guest appearance.

• Love 3
(edited)

With the fresh scent of danger and leather bringing up past feels for JaSam

Ewww.

That said, while I dislike several of these characters and it's yucky that Jason is going to be the hero versus mayor Ned or police officer Dante or anyone else, really - I do appreciate the classic soapiness of this - people trapped together, enemies having to help each other, etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Sam is ready to take the next step.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what this refers to. She's already remarried Drew. They have a relatively stable work and home life. Is Sam the one who  goes to San Diego to find about Drew's past?

(edited)
19 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Speaking of LiRic, is there any real difference between this Friz garbage and Liz/Ric? 

I didn't see the Liz/Ric storyline, but my understanding is that Ric never kidnapped infant Cameron, and I was watching when they got back together - at which point he didn't kidnap any of her three sons. I think Ric didn't stalk Liz, as Franco did by hiding in the backseat of her car?

My guesses for the spoilers: Elizabeth is grateful because Jason reluctantly saves Franco because he has heard that Franco is important to Jake.  Drew and Kim will have to save Oscar and Josslyn from the freezer because they're now locked in since the dumbass took her in there to make out.  Carly will continue to try to bully Nelle, even during an earthquake. She will freak out when she sees Josslyn's dress covered in red. Upon learning that Kim has said more about Drew's past, Sam will say "Okay, we need more information about your past" and will take "the next step." I hope Elizabeth and Kim bond because Liz needs girlfriends and Kim understands what it's like being a medical professional and a parent without a spouse/steady partner.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1

Sam looks to Jason for help. Harvey turns his back on Franco. Ned takes himself very seriously.  Liz is grateful to Jason

How exactly are any of these spoilers?

Jason spends time with Jake

Sonny and Carly go down memory lane

The fast forward button is my friend.

• Love 7

Ric fed birth control pills to an unsuspecting Elizabeth, who at that time was in danger of stroking out from...something. There was a lot of outcry about that and holding (TB's) Carly in the panic room (she was chained to a radiator or the wall for a while). It was really gross, and astoundingly misogynistic. It says a lot (to me, at least) about Rick Hearst's innate charm and likability that Ric wasn't completely unwatchable after all of this was over. 

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I hope Elizabeth and Kim bond because Liz needs girlfriends and Kim understands what it's like being a medical professional and a parent without a spouse/steady partner.

They can also compare notes about how Drew was in bed, I guess.

• Love 4

Um, I hate to nitpick, but shouldn't Nelle have been trying to get the gallery ready for the wedding reception instead of lounging around making nasty comments to Carly?  She didn't know the wedding was going to be called off.  Can't they at least attempt to make it look as though the wedding was going to happen to up the "oh how sad" factor we were supposed to feel when Elizabeth called it off?

• Love 1

I can rarely get those to work, no matter what browser I use. I was unsurprised to see that Sonny is pictured, not Michael, even though Michael is the one who's injured. Of course the main thing is always how stuff affects Sonny.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, great--Max.  And now he's a medic.

If I remember correctly Max was first introduced on the show pretending to be orderly so that he could kill Sorel in his hospital room. This was around the time that Sonny strapped a bomb on himself and something stupider happened.

I wonder if GH will even bother to explain why Laura isn't rushing home when her husband, daughter, and five of her grandchildren are trapped in various places in Port Charles in the middle of an earthquake. Supposedly Kevin is injured.

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

I wonder if GH will even bother to explain why Laura isn't rushing home when her husband, daughter, and five of her grandchildren are trapped in various places in Port Charles in the middle of an earthquake. Supposedly Kevin is injured.

No unfortunately. Just like they didn't explain why Laura wasn't there when Luke ran over Jake, Fluke was running around town, when Lulu got married, when Lucky found out Liz and Nik were having an affair, when Aidan was born, etc etc.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Maybe this belongs in unpopular opinions, but it makes sense to me that Laura wouldn't come back for this, assuming Kevin is critically injured.  First off, it's not like she's getting live updates on PC, so by the time she finds out, the danger to her family will be over.  Secondly, she's not vacationing in Europe, she's tending to Spencer, who is injured.  Is she supposed to desert him? 

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, Asp Burger said:

I have to disagree with at least part of that. I think Roger Howarth is a very good-looking man who is holding up well as he approaches 50. The styling on him was terrible in the hobo period, but he's looked fine lately. Rebecca Herbst does have a youthful look, but that's been an issue with some of her other co-stars as much or more than this one. Liz was just a few years out of high-school stories when they married her off to Ric Lansing and his shoe-polished hair, and Scott Reeves looked more plausible for her father than her brother.  

I think RH looks great for fifty. 

• Love 6

Just wondering, does Charles Street butt up against the water front?  Could Jim Harvey be trying to create a new waterfront, a bigger harbor? I hope he doesn't die in the earthquake.  I want him to suffer the loss of everything.  I also want Drew to find out about him and crucify him. I also want Sam and Franco GONE and a sparkling unicorn to call my own.

(edited)
38 minutes ago, LadyDot said:

I also want Drew to find out about [Harvey] and crucify him

Harvey (inadvertently) saved Drew from growing up with a burgeoning sociopath!Franco and his nutbar of a mother.

Group home >>>> Franco/Betsy

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

My guess on Harvey is that Betsy let it slip that little Drew was actually a Quartermaine. He had some kind of dastardly plot in mind to make money from the situation, and little Franco overheard it or got creeped out in some way. It's my working theory* about why Franco seemed to feel like he had to protect Drew, rather than for both of the boys to have been in danger. 

*yes, I AM embarrassed to have puzzled this all out, why do you ask?

• Love 3
On 3/3/2018 at 10:58 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Secondly, she's not vacationing in Europe, she's tending to Spencer, who is injured.  Is she supposed to desert him? 

Yes!

• Love 8

David does the unexpected

Who's David?

As for that clip, oh Anna, instead of letting Valentin spin another lie, why not break his arm or smash his face into the table or something! 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

As for that clip, oh Anna, instead of letting Valentin spin another lie, why not break his arm or smash his face into the table or something! 

Or stop believing everything his says and ignore him. Ugh. 

• Love 1

That Maxie/Lulu beat seems weird.  We haven't seen Lulu try and approach Maxie AT ALL to try and make amends so a restraining order seems a bitch much.  On the other hand, I'm glad they wrestled Maxie away from LWB/FS long enough to get back to this story thread.

Carly standing in the Q living room and judging who should or shouldn't live there makes me furious.  You helped cover for the murderer of the owner's son, GET THE HELL OUT!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

They're probably pulling what they did with Lulu after the baby switch. Lulu tried to take custody from Maxie and now probably Maxie will be OTT. Or we'll find out Lulu's been harrassing her off screen.

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That Maxie/Lulu beat seems weird.  We haven't seen Lulu try and approach Maxie AT ALL to try and make amends so a restraining order seems a bitch much.  On the other hand, I'm glad they wrestled Maxie away from LWB/FS long enough to get back to this story thread.

We've seen nothing to indicate Maxie and Lulu have even spoken since Maxie lashed out at the funeral and Nina told Lulu to leave. What with the way Nina has been acting in regards to Maxie and Baby West - ordering Peter to stay away, and Nina's reaction to Maxie not telling her about the appointment she had in regards to the baby - and also her wanting to get pregnant and have a baby of her own, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the restraining order was Nina whispering in Maxie's ear if not filing the RO herself. She so clearly wants to be Maxie's only support system for this pregnancy and birth. 

Could we be getting a baby snatch this way? Nina steals Maxie's baby/her niece or nephew?

• Love 3

The crowd's reactions to those clips were very funny.

I love how Peter goes for genetic testing at GH, where of course no one will ever put it together that Faison had Huntington's disease and might have passed it on to his kids. And look! Here's Peter wanting to know if he has the gene for Huntington's disease. Hmmm. LOL. I know Mercy is a dump, but at least he won't run into anyone he knows over there.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly standing in the Q living room and judging who should or shouldn't live there makes me furious.  You helped cover for the murderer of the owner's son, GET THE HELL OUT!

I had a rage blackout just reading this. If I actually watch it, I'm afraid I'll stroke out.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I'm laughing at the "Awww!" "Awww!" from the audience when Sonny says , "Just let us take care of you." That proud, beautiful man, taking care of his daddy! 

I know. And I'm sure the next scene will show that proud, beautiful man haranguing his daddy.

10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:
16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I had a rage blackout just reading this. If I actually watch it, I'm afraid I'll stroke out.

I legit admire the sheer chutzpah of it. The entitlement is breathtaking, and it's entirely in character for Carly. 

• Love 1