Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Is Valentine supposed to have killed Robert Scorpio?  Because if these writers actually have a badass like Robert taken down by weeniewuss Val, I might be done.

???????????????

• Love 2

Last week, there was a mention of Enchantment Cosmetics, yesterday it was Erica Kane. Dare I dream? A Nurses' Ball sponsor?

Also, it seems to me that Charlie's has replaced the victim-of-earthquake Floating Rib. Whatever will Mac do now?

10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I read something about a proposal at the Nurses' Ball.  And I'm having trouble figuring out what couple that could possibly be.

Jordan and Curtis?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Didn't he already propose to her?

But she rejected him. Maybe he will sing a song to win her over.

Either that or Franco will remember that he didn't marry Liz yet and will ask again to make sure that she didn't change her mind. If only.

(edited)

Franco and Elizabeth are still engaged. I suspect Curtis asks Jordan again. Ugh, public proposals. Don't get me ranting.

Friz wedding in the summer.

Edited by Hater
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

When is the Nurses' Ball airing? I will probably record those eps because, well I guess because I like really terrible, stupid things.

I think it starts next Wednesday and goes through Monday.

• Love 1

Yet, things will take a turn for the worst when Nelle and Carly take their battle at the top of the stairs after a heated argument during Nelle’s baby shower. Nelle claims that Carly pushed her down the stairs. <snip> If fans can recall, Carly actually lost Sonny’s baby when she fell down the stairs during her pregnancy several years ago, too.

Again, I mention how badly I want this baby to be a tock. Via mistairrage works for me. And while I'm sure it will be very badly written, I do like the idea of Carly being accused of pushing Nelle down the stairs in the same way Carly (wrongly) accused AJ of pushing her.

• Love 9

Didn't Carly also lose a Jax pregnancy scrapping with someone at the top of a flight of stairs?

But yeah, there we go.  Nelle'll lose the baby in the fall and then she'll steal Baby (who?) or Maxie's to hold on to Michael.  Baby Swap 2018's almost here, y'all!

Of course, Dante ends up arresting Carly.

"Of course?"  More like, "to the surprise of all."  Though I'm sure Dante will give Nelle dirty looks and apologize profusely to Carly and Sonny for having to DO HIS DAMNED JOB.

This isn't the worst of Nelle's troubles.  Carly may be in jail, but she still has to deal with Sonny.

Oh, great, more scenes of Sonny tormenting a pregnant woman.  I can never get enough of those.

• Love 8

The way it is being set up. Sonny won't do squat to Nelle.  He'll believe her and think that Carly has gone nuts. It's going to be up to Bobbie and/or Carly to uncover the stuff Nelle is doing. I'm also fully prepared for Ava to go down with Nelle and lose both Griffin and custody of Ava.  The former is an acceptable loss at this point and the latter would be ridiculous. If they do go the route of Nelle losing the baby and stealing Brad and that other guy's baby, you just KNOW they will recycle the plot of Carly hiding paternity just like she did with both Michael and Spencer. She won't want to see her precious baby boy lose his baby, even if it does belong to her brother.  In any case, it is pretty dang obvious at this point that Lucas and Brad aren't getting a baby.  To much "Oh we don't want to jinx it" and "I'm too superstitious to celebrate yet".  Since they are buying decorations and celebrating, that baby is good as gone.  I can only hope Maxi gets left out of that disaster.

(edited)
33 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

In any case, it is pretty dang obvious at this point that Lucas and Brad aren't getting a baby.

What makes you say that?  I think these spoilers spell out that the Nelle/Michael baby will be tocked and that, while one of them will temporarily end up with Nelle, the (who?) baby and Maxie's baby will be fine.

And even though they've been more anvilicious with Nelle and Brad, I don't think Maxie's gonna be left out.  That scene of Nelle seething at her and Michael at the childbirth class wasn't there for nothing.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

What makes you say that?  I think these spoilers spell out that the Nelle/Michael baby will be tocked and that, while one of them will temporarily end up with Nelle, the (who?) baby and Maxie's baby will be fine.

And even though they've been more anvilicious with Nelle and Brad, I don't think Maxie's gonna be left out.  That scene of Nelle seething at her and Michael at the childbirth class wasn't there for nothing.

I tried to lay out out here:

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

The way it is being set up. Sonny won't do squat to Nelle.  He'll believe her and think that Carly has gone nuts. It's going to be up to Bobbie and/or Carly to uncover the stuff Nelle is doing. I'm also fully prepared for Ava to go down with Nelle and lose both Griffin and custody of Ava.  The former is an acceptable loss at this point and the latter would be ridiculous. If they do go the route of Nelle losing the baby and stealing Brad and that other guy's baby, you just KNOW they will recycle the plot of Carly hiding paternity just like she did with both Michael and Spencer. She won't want to see her precious baby boy lose his baby, even if it does belong to her brother.  In any case, it is pretty dang obvious at this point that Lucas and Brad aren't getting a baby.  To much "Oh we don't want to jinx it" and "I'm too superstitious to celebrate yet".  Since they are buying decorations and celebrating, that baby is good as gone.  I can only hope Maxi gets left out of that disaster.

Yes, I can see them eventually getting the baby back, but I think it is very clear that they are going to lose the baby at least for some amount of time with all of this foreshadowing that is going on. And we will likely get to hear about "oh we jinxed it" and "I knew we shouldn't have started celebrating before it was done."

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
(edited)

Oh, I get what you're saying, that in Baby Swap 2018, Lucas and Brad will be the ones left not holding a baby until Baby Unswap November Sweeps 2018. 

I guess it depends on if Maxie's baby is mixed in too.  Also, one component of a baby swap is always the parent who thinks their child is dead grieving and I can't imagine Groundbreaking and Progressive Soap Scribe Shelly Altman handing that piece of the story over to Lucas and Brad.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

one component of a baby swap is always the parent who thinks their child is dead grieving and I can't imagine Groundbreaking and Progressive Soap Scribe Shelly Altman handing that piece of the story over to Lucas and Brad.

That would mean giving one or both of them more than 2 minutes of airtime per month, or people talking about them for more than 2 minutes per month, so...nope. 

• Love 4
On 5/10/2018 at 2:09 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Didn't Carly also lose a Jax pregnancy scrapping with someone at the top of a flight of stairs?

That was almost a double mistairrage, because she and OG Carly both fell down the hospital stairs while fighting. But I think the Carly pregnancy was Joc, and Claudia is the one who lost her baby. 

51 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

That was almost a double mistairrage, because she and OG Carly both fell down the hospital stairs while fighting. But I think the Carly pregnancy was Joc, and Claudia is the one who lost her baby. 

I don't remember that but Claudia lost her baby thanks to Kristina's bad driving.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I don't remember that but Claudia lost her baby thanks to Kristina's bad driving.

I looked it up. Neither lost their babies from that, as it turns out, but Claudia did lose the baby about a month later in the Kristina accident. 

(edited)
On 5/3/2018 at 9:23 AM, Asp Burger said:

As usual with Sonny, they're doing the canonical tap dance, only referencing the past events that put someone else in a bad light. When we were getting the history of the custody arrangement in the Ava/Carly scene, they only talked about the blackmail tape and Paul. Ava wasn't allowed to bring up that Sonny pulled a slick con job long before that. He approached Ava when Kiki was in the hospital clinging to life (in part because of Sonny's shit-for-brains dead son), and told her, essentially, "You've got so much to deal with. Why don't I take Avery. Just for a while! Until Kiki gets better!" and Ava let her guard down and agreed. Then whenever she tried to hold him to what he had proposed, he and Carly stalled. Weren't there even scenes of Ava showing up at the Corinthos mansion asking for Avery, and Carly would say she was sleeping or at the park with the nanny or whatever? They stalled until Carly found blackmail material to make the "temporary" arrangement permanent.   

And S&C are supposed to be the sympathetic ones in this story? Why isn't Ava allowed to (1) remind the viewers of this and (2) tell Griffin about it? It would at least contextualize her own underhandedness. I don't think the nicest person in soap history would be playing fair with Sonny and Carly after that.  

You mean that time she swapped out Morgan's bipolar mediciation so her stupid, weak will daughter would leave him? She did it to herself, at least her winding up in the hospital. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Kiki wasn't shot by Morgan's criminal contacts because Ava switched Morgan's medication.

True. Lauren was shot by Morgan's criminal contacts because she was stupid enough to go down to the docks and get in the way.

• Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, Neptune said:

I love how TempMonica brought up how Carly herself had a miscarriage as a result of an altercation on the stairs, and Carly had to sit there and take it because of the lie she told all those years ago.

Carly will be triumphantly vindicated in the end (gag), but seeing her forced to walk in A.J.'s shoes for even a little bit is welcome and long past due.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 7

Carly is just the worst, basically shoving her way past the medical professionals to order Nelle to wake up and vindicate her.  As I've said before, because Carly is not any kind of heroine, despite the show's insistence she is, it is impossible to feel bad for her.

And her pathetically wiping away that fake tear when Temp!Monica said she was calling the cops.  Oh noes, is the mob moll scwared of going to pwison?

• Love 9
On 5/12/2018 at 5:40 PM, dubbel zout said:

True. Lauren was shot by Morgan's criminal contacts because she was stupid enough to go down to the docks and get in the way.

Of course, there was something for her to get in the way of because Morgan was down on the docks antagonizing gun runners, and she knew where to go (stupidly, nobly, or otherwise) because he left her a voice mail. And he was having this particular manic episode because of his negligent response to his illness. So let's not take the spotlight off the lead here: Morgan sucked.  

• Love 11
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly is just the worst, basically shoving her way past the medical professionals to order Nelle to wake up and vindicate her.  As I've said before, because Carly is not any kind of heroine, despite the show's insistence she is, it is impossible to feel bad for her.

And her pathetically wiping away that fake tear when Temp!Monica said she was calling the cops.  Oh noes, is the mob moll scwared of going to pwison?

Seriously.  And same goes for Bobbie, acting all snotty with Monica for daring to suggest Carly might've pushed Nelle.  Bobbie knows full well what a bitch Carly can be and yet refuses to acknowledge it with anything other than a good-natured "oh, honey, we've ALL made mistakes in the past."

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

a good-natured "oh, honey, we've ALL made mistakes in the past."

I wish Bobbie were tougher on Carly in that respect. Carly needs her feet held to the fire a bit more with regards to past behavior echoing current (and vice versa). 

• Love 9
(edited)

And same goes for Bobbie, acting all snotty with Monica for daring to suggest Carly might've pushed Nelle.  Bobbie knows full well what a bitch Carly can be and yet refuses to acknowledge it with anything other than a good-natured "oh, honey, we've ALL made mistakes in the past."

There was also the time she broke up with Scotty because he dared to do his job as DA and prosecute Carly for obstruction of justice with regard to Sonny shooting AJ.   According to Bobby, people were just being mean and ganging up on Carly.  It was ridiculous.  I understand wanting to help your kid but her attitude was that Scott was just being mean.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 9

That really was so stupid. But I still don't think that makes Bobbie any worse a mom than anyone else. Unfortunately, her purpose these days is to prop Carly rather than act as a necessary check.

• Love 3

I LOATHED Barbara Jean through most of that Sonny murdering AJ/Carly covering it up fallout.  I get that she's her mom, but wouldn't it be narratively more interesting if Bobbie checked her every so often?

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm pretty sure DZ is leaving. His contract is up and he randomly tweeted "goin' with my gut."

I have many feelings lol.

If DZ is leaving does that mean Emme might follow suit? I don't know either of their finances and I think they both have families with young children but at the same time Emme can't be happy with the writing for her character for the past four or five years, and if her on-screen husband leaves, what is left for her? An affair with Peter or a hate-sex ONS with Valentin? No thank you!