Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

1) It amuses me that Lulu's face is the frozen image on the clip because, yeah, her "investigative reporting skills" are a disaster.

2) So...earthquake?  I'm kinda into the idea of a soapy natural disaster like that, I feel like it's been a while.

3) Given Joss and Oscar are both in there, I assume said disaster will happen at the anti-dance.  And, given how awful this show is, their gender-fluid friend will probably perish off-screen.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

2) So...earthquake?  I'm kinda into the idea of a soapy natural disaster like that, I feel like it's been a while.

I can't wait to see the shaky camera do all the work.

It will be a nice change from someone being held hostage, that's for sure.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

2) So...earthquake?

In upstate New York?

::Thinks..::

Yeah, that would be about par for the course for GH's writers.

But seriously, a much better choice for a natural disaster would be a flood, since it's the correct time of year for something like that to happen.  (Or a ship could blow up in the harbor, a la the Halifax Explosion).

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

In upstate New York?

::Thinks..::

I live in Upstate NY. We have had earthquakes, enough to make some things shake and vibrate, but they're rare and never too extreme. (Thank goodness.) Just sayin'! They can happen anywhere.

I have my fingers crossed that Ava is going to hold Mike's trespassing/vandalism charges over Sonny's head until he agrees to let her see Avery. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. And I just love it when shit happens to the little moobster...

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Some sort of explosion at the new construction site (btw, there's no way they could've 'broken ground' literally the morning after the election which approved the measure for development)?

Maybe whatever's going on at the construction site causes an earthquake, like a drill hits a fault line or something?

I can see the headlines now.  "EVUL QUARTERMAINE MAYOR ENDANGERS CHILDREN, MOBSTERS SAVE THE DAY".  Ugh.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Maybe Greg Evigan is secretly fracking, and he causes as earthquake from that. Another current issue covered!

Let's just refer to him as EVUHL!BJ! Because I'm PISSED he's lowered himself to play the sleaze. It would be different if he gained weight, lost his hair and looks.

What? I can't be shallow?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's an earthquake...

DXI8YLHUQAAc_uM.jpg

Spoiler: everyone will survive, except maybe BJ and the Bear and Joss and Oscar's off-screen gender-fluid friend.

Let me guess: Jason and Sam are trapped together.  Hopefully without a dead body between them when they inevitably have sex (callback!).

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wondered, for a second, if she might give birth among the rubble, but I think it's too soon if they're gonna do a baby swap.

The earthquake will likely send both Nelle and Maxie into premature labor, and that sets up the baby swap.

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The earthquake will likely send both Nelle and Maxie into premature labor, and that sets up the baby swap.

If that happens, I'm assuming Baby West will have the Huntington's gene and that's how the swap will be discovered.

There's no reason to test an infant for the gene, though, as symptoms don't develop for decades and there's nothing that can be done in the meantime. Maxie now knows it's a possibility her kid may have the gene, so she can keep an eye on developments and go from there, as can the kid's doctors.

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

ORRRR Nelle loses her baby in the earthquake, fakes that she's still pregnant, and then attempts to steal Maxie's or the (who?)'s baby to replace it.

I like this idea—it's classic soap—but it will turn into a wimmins-be-crazy story, and I HATE those. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

@tristanrogers
So there you have it from Nathan himself. I’m coming back. Start work on March 19.

I'm glad to see Robert but I'm not happy it's going to be all about Anna's search for her "daughter" with Faison that ultimately turns out to be Peter. Unless Robert comes with proof that Valentin was lying to her about everything.

• Love 2

I'm excited to see Robert.  But I'm also remembering how his last visit went, getting sprayed with Lulu's baby rabies and having a beer with Sonny.  But still, it'll be fun to see him.  Maybe he'll punch Valentin in the face! 

1 hour ago, In2You said:

Y'all ain't tired of boring baby switch stories? Those are as tired and outdated as WTD and Long Lost Child.

I don't think anyone's jumping for joy, it's just clear one's on the way.  And the soap classics can be fun if executed the right way. #mirthlesschuckle

• Love 3

I’m all about a baby switch if it will give the show some drama.GH is so dull.That said I find it interesting in most of the UK soaps when they do baby switches it’s usually the hospital accidentally mixing the babies up.

1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

I’m all about a baby switch if it will give the show some drama.GH is so dull.That said I find it interesting in most of the UK soaps when they do baby switches it’s usually the hospital accidentally mixing the babies up.

That's even worse what year are these soaps set in where the hospital ccan mix of the baby?

(edited)

I feel like whenever TV tries to do a major disaster, a real one happens right before, and then it's a big trauma about whether to show it or not. So now I'm superstitious about The Big One. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet

It's a tiresome character clearance event!!! I'm working on my list of characters to be found dead in the earthquake rubble: Nelle. Sonny, Carly. Jason, Amy, Franco, Lulu, Stella, Spinelli, Kiki...

• Love 2
(edited)

For a long time, I’ve wanted to see a baby switch story that stuck. Not this one particularly - I don’t care about either Maxie’s or Nelle’s babies, if you want to know the truth - but let a show commit to letting someone raise the wrong baby for YEARS. Until the baby is question is a teenager and can be a major part of the story. This is what I really wanted with the Chloe/Hope switch on OLTL. (For non-OLTL peeps, show princess Jessica’s baby Chloe died and her alter - don’t ask - switched her with Jess’ teen cousin Starr’s live baby Hope.)

But I don’t think this  show has the patience or the guts to do that.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm excited to see Robert.  But I'm also remembering how his last visit went, getting sprayed with Lulu's baby rabies and having a beer with Sonny.

What? WHAT? WHATDIDYOUSAYYYYYY????? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Robert was the last BASTION OF HOPE for meeeee!!!!!! Never ever would I think he would have a civil conversation where he doesn't look down on Mooby's mob ass with contempt, let alone a beer!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYY???????? Why can't I have NICE THINGS??????!!!!!! FUCK YOU, FRANK, JEAN and whoever else was responsible for this!!!!

giphy.gif    giphy.gif

But that won't stop me from watching. Because Tristan is still gorgeous and I love the sparkle in his blue, blue, blue eyes. Is it too much to ask that Robin also be there when Robert shows up?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, paisley said:

It's a tiresome character clearance event!!! I'm working on my list of characters to be found dead in the earthquake rubble: Nelle. Sonny, Carly. Jason, Amy, Franco, Lulu, Stella, Spinelli, Kiki...

I love that list, but it's missing Drew. Otherwise, I'd like to get a raging case of baby rabies over it, lock it in a toy chest, push it down the stairs, and run a big headline in the Port Charles Herald that says "Lulu Falconeri, Journalist for All of Three Weeks, Perishes When Det. West's Tombstone Falls on Her During the Earthquake: No Pulitzer for Her."

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, statsgirl said:

Max Gail is making me cry so I don't recommend you watch it, at least not right now.  He's so defiant, and then so sad when he realizes what's happening to him that it's heartbreaking.  Sonny is still making it all about himself, or rather about other people failing him and not warning him or giving him information to fixing the problem.  But you may identify with his situation.

I wish they would put Kevin into this storyline because watching Max fall apart and Sonny doing his usual berating of others instead of helping him is heartbreaking.

I watched old re runs of Barney Miller back in the day and MG was on several other things that I watched and loved him in. I have no doubt he'll do well with it.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:06 AM, dubbel zout said:

Sorry for your loss, @IWantCandy71

Thank you Dubbel Zout

Franco is so unattractive and looks many years older than Elizabeth. Why is she paired with him? Not to mention the crazy/killer persona. I do hope he bites the dust during the earthquake so she can move onto someone who deserves her and doesn’t look old enough to be her father.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Franco is so unattractive and looks many years older than Elizabeth. Why is she paired with him? Not to mention the crazy/killer persona. I do hope he bites the dust during the earthquake so she can move onto someone who deserves her and doesn’t look old enough to be her father.

Take your pick.  1) RoHo and MST asked to be let out of their Nina/Franco pairing.  2) Franco bombed and Elizabeth/BH is being used to make his character relevant.  3) It's been five years and Franco is still a hated serial killer rapist.  4) RoHo is a FV pet and he will be here until one of them leaves.

• Love 2

I have to disagree with at least part of that. I think Roger Howarth is a very good-looking man who is holding up well as he approaches 50. The styling on him was terrible in the hobo period, but he's looked fine lately. Rebecca Herbst does have a youthful look, but that's been an issue with some of her other co-stars as much or more than this one. Liz was just a few years out of high-school stories when they married her off to Ric Lansing and his shoe-polished hair, and Scott Reeves looked more plausible for her father than her brother.  

• Love 10

Do I really have to pick one of those? Oh please, no. Can we just hope that he dies in the earthquake, buried under the stairs in the hospital? Oh please, yes!

• Love 1

Speaking of LiRic, is there any real difference between this Friz garbage and Liz/Ric? Aside from Liz/Ric having more chemistry and a more compelling story and being much, much prettier...

• Love 6