Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Ugh.  No matter how much the writers want me to side with Sonny in this situation, it isn't happening.  Having Griffin side with Sonny just makes me annoyed with him.  Is Ava taking advantage of a bad situation? Absolutely.  Is Mike a real kidnapper?  No.  However, Sonny has been an ass since day one about Avery and there is no reason why he should have full custody and Ava have to beg to see her daughter.  Ava is a pretty bad human being, but I think that if we were to compare the two, she would come out smelling better than Sonny.  And Sonny's crap about how it isn't right that Ave wants to keep Avery from her father?  Piss up a rope, Sonny.  You taught her to call Carly "Mommy" and keep her from her mother. You are scum and I'm rooting for you to lose Avery.

Well, haven't watched in over a year, but. The last time I did-they were pretty adamant about establishing some sort of rapport with Griffin and Sonny because of Duke. So while I hate to defend anything about Sonny(I'm getting hives just typing this, honestly) having Griffin come to his defense actually sounds in character and in line with whatever history the two characters have built up since Griffin came to town. Does it suck that Ava is made to look worse than Sonny when in reality, they both equally need to be gone like yesterday ? Yes. But having Griffin do it isn't out of character. It's when they've got characters like Ned or Monica defending him that makes me puke.

Griffin's been kind of a Sonny cheerleader for a while now, so I'd expect it from him. Even if Griffin and Ava had something(they did, didn't they?) relationship wise. This is GH. Bottom line, the writing will always be twisted so that anyone against Sam, Carly, Jason or Sonny is the evil one. Aaaaand that's the biggest reason I'll likely never watch again.

I can't stomach that kind of slanted propism and I never will. Not even if the four of them were actually truly "good" people. There's just no excuse for that kind of prejudice in story telling.

Off topic but not-about a month ago I dreamed that Jane Elliot came back and Tracy, Anna, Robert and Finn went off on some weird adventure trying to track down Luke. It was fun, and bizarre, because it was completely out of left field. I don't think even La Diva coming back could make me watch again, though. But the stuff playing out in the dream was awesome. Unlike real GH, I'm sure.

And did I read that Wally Kurth was nominated and won for Best Supporting Actor ? If so, HOT JIGGITY. Well deserved, and freakishly awesome.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

Griffin is in a relationship with Ava. She's not only said she loves him, they've been living together since his apartment was ruined in the earthquake.  Griffin can be conflicted because of his relationship with Sonny but Ava deserves his primary loyalty.

It's like Jason putting Carly ahead of whichever woman he's with at the moment.

• Love 11
(edited)

Bottom line, the writing will always be twisted so that anyone against Sam, Carly, Jason or Sonny is the evil one. Aaaaand that's the biggest reason I'll likely never watch again.

The writing is currently trying to resurrect Jason and it is not succeeding.  They even had to insert him into a Scorpio/Cassadine subplot.  Meanwhile, it's a 'relative' treat to watch Billy Miller released from the bonds of that disgusting hitman character and interact with other Port Charles folks.  One episode had Jason, Sonny, and Spinelli standing behind a row of tables at Julian's bar and it was striking how these three characters (along with Carly) just serve as nothing more than intimidation to the denizens of PC.  Time is up for the Carson clan.  The attractiveness of the 'Sopranos' era has gone from this culture.  How exactly is Sonny making his money as a mobster - except as a violent stain on humanity?  Each and every other plot (it hurts to type this - even Nina and Franco plot lines) is more interesting to watch.  The feeling (and obviously not based on any insider knowledge) is that the other actors are not 'respecting' the holy Corinthos family as they once did.  They are not intimidated.  It's a much nicer and less ragey 37 minutes show these days compared to a couple of years ago.  However, if Morgan is brought back, I will be on the next launch to the barge and you will be able to find me on the lido deck playing a fierce game of shuffleboard.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Griffin can be conflicted because of his relationship with Sonny but Ava deserves his primary loyalty.

This is what we should be seeing, instead of Griffin reflexively siding with Sonny because Ava is a big ol' meanie. Ugh.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Griffin is in a relationship with Ava. She's not only said she loves him, they've been living together since his apartment was ruined in the earthquake.  Griffin can be conflicted because of his relationship with Sonny but Ava deserves his primary loyalty.

It's like Jason putting Carly ahead of whichever woman he's with at the moment.

I think if your girlfriend is a klepto,(or in Ava's case, a murderous sociopath) and you KNOW she's a (possibly reformed) klepto, even if you don't say it out loud, you're gonna side eye her if your best friend's wallet is stolen when you all are  at your girlfriend's place.

Sometimes it isn't about loyalty, it's about common sense.  I watch true crime shows all the time and you hear stories of these truly STUPID women who continue to have a relationship with a man(or truly stupid men having a relationship with a woman) after one or the other bumps off their spouse. And the other person knows this, and doesn't go to the police in some cases, until they are threatened with jail.

Now, that's Sam McCall and Carly Corinthos levels of stupid. Griffin might be boring, but last time I watched, an idiot he wasn't.

Besides....it just sounds to me like a purposeful plot point for more "poor Ava". I'm not interested. Poor Ava has earned that distrust, and then some.

Edited by IWantCandy71
37 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I think if your girlfriend is a klepto,(or in Ava's case, a murderous sociopath) and you KNOW she's a (possibly reformed) klepto, even if you don't say it out loud, you're gonna side eye her if your best friend's wallet is stolen when you all are  at your girlfriend's place.

I would agree, except if your friend is also a klepto who hates your girlfriend, I think you should side-eye him as well.

• Love 11
Just now, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

I would agree, except if your friend is also a klepto who hates your girlfriend, I think you should side-eye him as well.

Not arguing that point-Griffin should definitely be side eyeing them both.  Absolutely. He can be outwardly supportive of Sonny OR Ava or be neutral if he chooses. But the smartest thing to do is to examine everything they both say and do because they are both equally venomous.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Griffin can't have it both ways, though. If Ava's morality (or lack thereof) so offends him, end the relationship. I'm not saying he can't call her on her crap, but he shouldn't constantly hold it against her and stay with her. 

44 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

And there's this. At least be consistent. Sonny has always used other people's weaknesses against them. He has no standing to clutch his pearls that Ava is doing the same. Ugh. It's so gross.

• Love 10

Griffin can't have it both ways, though. If Ava's morality (or lack thereof) so offends him, end the relationship. I'm not saying he can't call her on her crap, but he shouldn't constantly hold it against her and stay with her.

I agree with this, that's fair. I do think that sort of thing is a staple of a lot of soap couples, though. There's that "bad boy/girl" attraction and the supposedly good half of the pairing is their chance at going straight. But in the most successful pairings, either the bad half really does go straight (and let's be real, Ava won't) or the good half goes bad. It's not a lot of fun when one half is constantly judging the other. It doesn't make the one doing the finger pointing look very good. A great example used to be Brady and Nicole, and for a while Eric and Nicole(oh pretty much any man Nicole was with, really) judging her actions. I hated watching that. And as much disdain as I have for Ava, if Griffin is constantly doing that, she needs to find someone else. It won't do either of them any favors if they stay together, if it's truly like that all the time.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

either the bad half really does go straight (and let's be real, Ava won't)

Which is the problem, really—the story has been stacked against Ava from the get-go. And of course adding Sonny to the mix makes it even worse. He's there basically to say "I told you so" to Griffin when things inevitably implode. No one likes a gloater.

• Love 4

Griffin has a god-complex where he thinks he can change Ava. This is the only reason he is sticking with her. He sort of cares about her, but he's not in love with here. He cares more about saving her soul because he thinks it is his duty to do so. But that will not happen because Ava is one of the town's pariahs and will always be on the defensive which means that whatever positive steps she takes in his eyes will always be followed by several steps back in his eyes. 

And Sonny is ass. And so is Carly. And so is Ava. None of them are good people. They are peas in a pod but according to the writers some vile characters are better than other vile characters. 

• Love 2

They cast some newbie pretty boy as one of Jim Harvey's victims. RME that they actually think this is a good idea to have Franco seeking out Harvey's victims for some sort of apology tour so he can show empathy when he hasn't shown empathy to any of his own victims. 

• Love 6

I was just coming to post the same, do not want.  Especially because I'm deeply concerned that this other, non-Franco victim of Harvey's will, like, end up molesting Jake or something so Franco can cry and whine some more.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was just coming to post the same, do not want.  Especially because I'm deeply concerned that this other, non-Franco victim of Harvey's will, like, end up molesting Jake or something so Franco can cry and whine some more.

Oh, no, please do NOT let anything like this happen so Franco can be the hero!

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

They cast some newbie pretty boy as one of Jim Harvey's victims. RME that they actually think this is a good idea to have Franco seeking out Harvey's victims for some sort of apology tour so he can show empathy when he hasn't shown empathy to any of his own victims. 

They don't know what to do with Franco.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Oh no please do not let this happen full stop.

I'm not saying this because I like RoHo therefore I spite-like Franco, I'm saying it because enough with child sexual abuse stories. Please. 

Yes, do stories that include real-life stuff but pedo stuff is horrifying, disgusting, and occurs far too much in the world. We get it GH, you're (sort of) up on issues. We, at least I, do not want any more. 

How about hiring more young people so the dating pool is less incestuous.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Maybe it's so that Jason can play the hero and save Jake. If Drew goes for  custody of Scout,  they have to show that Jason is a better father.

• Love 1
Just now, statsgirl said:

Maybe it's so that Jason can play the hero and save Jake. If Drew goes for  custody of Scout,  they have to show that Jason is a better father.

That is hard to do so far considering Jason shows little enthusiasm in working with Sam or Liz to see either of his kids, or his niece.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Griffin has a god-complex where he thinks he can change Ava. This is the only reason he is sticking with her. He sort of cares about her, but he's not in love with here. He cares more about saving her soul because he thinks it is his duty to do so. But that will not happen because Ava is one of the town's pariahs and will always be on the defensive which means that whatever positive steps she takes in his eyes will always be followed by several steps back in his eyes. 

Which is why they ultimately break up. They are never going to make each other happy in the long run. He wants to save her but his feelings are never going to grow into being in love with her. Ava will get defensive when she behaves in her usual way and guilty that she cannot live up to person that Griffin wishes her to be. And Ava is not going to be satisfied that she is in love with him but he still has reciprocated her feelings.

• Love 1
(edited)

As usual with Sonny, they're doing the canonical tap dance, only referencing the past events that put someone else in a bad light. When we were getting the history of the custody arrangement in the Ava/Carly scene, they only talked about the blackmail tape and Paul. Ava wasn't allowed to bring up that Sonny pulled a slick con job long before that. He approached Ava when Kiki was in the hospital clinging to life (in part because of Sonny's shit-for-brains dead son), and told her, essentially, "You've got so much to deal with. Why don't I take Avery. Just for a while! Until Kiki gets better!" and Ava let her guard down and agreed. Then whenever she tried to hold him to what he had proposed, he and Carly stalled. Weren't there even scenes of Ava showing up at the Corinthos mansion asking for Avery, and Carly would say she was sleeping or at the park with the nanny or whatever? They stalled until Carly found blackmail material to make the "temporary" arrangement permanent.   

And S&C are supposed to be the sympathetic ones in this story? Why isn't Ava allowed to (1) remind the viewers of this and (2) tell Griffin about it? It would at least contextualize her own underhandedness. I don't think the nicest person in soap history would be playing fair with Sonny and Carly after that.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 13
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:49 AM, YaddaYadda said:

Griffin has a god-complex where he thinks he can change Ava.

That has kind of been a pattern with him, wasn't he with BW's character for the same reason at first ? Part of that is the obvious-he has a compassionate heart and when he sees a mess,(even if the mess is a person) he wants to "fix" them. It's why a lot of women(and men, too) go for the bad girl or boy. But they tend to forget that the other person is exactly THAT=a person. NOT a project. IF they truly want to fix things, work on something whose feelings won't get hurt. Repair a car. Learn to cook. Paint your house. And by all means, be someone's friend and be a living example of a good life. But don't enter into a relationship thinking you can "change" someone. That's not fair to them, OR you.

• Love 3

We’ve know two men who had the “God” complex. They had long term marriages with children which they left to marry younger women from a lower class background. Those new women became “projects” for their new husbands. In both cases, the younger wives did get their educations, found good jobs and promptly left their husbands who wanted total control over them and their lives. So these old men were left with nothing in the end. I didn’t feel one bit sorry for them. 

• Love 1

Nelle keeps up the charade as she expands the guest list for her party, ensuring there’s more than enough eyes around to witness the orchestration of Carly’s downfall.

I kinda hope, if Carly does have some kind of meltdown at this baby shower, we cut to Monica tucking into a snack and enjoying the show.  Although it might be Temp!Monica, not sure when we're supposed to see her.

Lucas has reservations

1) Who?

2) If the reservations are about Nelle or Nelle's friendship with Brad, I would love it if Lucas said something like, "It was so not cool how you pretended to be someone you're not and infiltrated Carly's life to mess up her marriage" and Nelle was like, "Oh, you mean how Carly did the exact same fucking thing to your parents?".  Because, seriously.

• Love 3

'Lucas has reservations'. Where? At the Metro Court? At that Gastropub?  This show is so full of it. Give Lucas a full storyline, not this drive by, pop up BS.

• Love 4

LOL at that clip. Jason didn't even ask if Jake was home so he could give him the card in person. I get things are awkward, but maybe if Jason spent more time with HIS SON they might improve. I'm so tired of the yearning looks Jason gives Jake. It's not like Jake refuses to see him. FFS.

• Love 10

Yeah, I think Jason likes the idea of it more than the actual parenting. He wants the glory without the daily mess and hassles. That's one reason I'll never complain about Elizabeth taking any sort of monetary support from him. She's the one who has to explain to Jake what's going on. Drew shows more interest, but they're also writing him as suddenly not wanting to be around because he's only an uncle, which is deeply dumb. TFGH.

• Love 6

I'm still on my Friz non-support Barge boycott, so as speculation, take me back to the Liz/Drew wedding day and he forgives her for knowing about him and wanting to be with him as Jake's dad and the man she always wanted without Sonny and "the life," I'm like hell yes. 

Thanks to the vid posted above I know Liz is still with the psycho, so I can stay on the Barge.  Blech. 

(edited)

I also don't think Burton plays father well....at all. He has negative chemistry with all these kids that he's interacted with thus far, which is odd considering he is a dad himself.  He just has zero warmth. I don't get any affection from him no matter how much he mists his eyes.    I get it Jason is not a father type, but to show very little warmth towards your own child just comes off as extremely odd.  What a stick in the mud.

But idiot Sam is going to be parading her 1 year old around Jasus and his guns because she just can't stop the thrill of watching Spinelli hack into an account.  Dumbass.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Hater said:

I also don't think Burton plays father well....at all. He has negative chemistry with all these kids that he's interacted with thus far, which is odd considering he is a dad himself. 

SB wasn't bad with the baby Michaels. I agree he hasn't clicked with any of the current kids, which is a problem if the show wants Jason to have relationships with his kids.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Hater said:

I also don't think Burton plays father well....at all. He has negative chemistry with all these kids that he's interacted with thus far, which is odd considering he is a dad himself.  He just has zero warmth. I don't get any affection from him no matter how much he mists his eyes.    I get it Jason is not a father type, but to show very little warmth towards your own child just comes off as extremely odd.  What a stick in the mud.

But idiot Sam is going to be parading her 1 year old around Jasus and his guns because she just can't stop the thrill of watching Spinelli hack into an account.  Dumbass.

I think Burton connects better with babies/infants and toddlers up to like age 4.  He's done fine in the past with the few times he held Jake as a baby and Josslyn as a baby.  He did fine in that scene in the hospital when she got her transplant after Jake died.  Then there was the dream Jason had with Jake showing him the motorcycle.  I agree that Burton is not connecting with these young actors who are playing kids older than he's interacted with in the past.    

• Love 2
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

SB wasn't bad with the baby Michaels. I agree he hasn't clicked with any of the current kids, which is a problem if the show wants Jason to have relationships with his kids.

As much as I loathed Jason/The Red Menace, SBu had great chemistry with those kids.  Current kids?  Not at all.  Billy Miller really shines with them--especially the kid who plays Jake.  But the show can't have Jason's twin being more paternal to Jake than his bio dad, hence Drew suddenly being hands off with the kid he loves as a son (and thought was his son).

• Love 2

This week's promo.  I'm pretty sure I spotted Temp!Monica behind Carly, WHOSE ASS SHOULD NOT BE IN THE Q MANSION GIVEN SHE HELPED COVER FOR THE MURDERER OF MONICA'S SON, NO I WILL NEVER GET OVER IT:

...ahem:

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This week's promo.  I'm pretty sure I spotted Temp!Monica behind Carly, WHOSE ASS SHOULD NOT BE IN THE Q MANSION GIVEN SHE HELPED COVER FOR THE MURDERER OF MONICA'S SON, NO I WILL NEVER GET OVER IT:

...ahem:

Did you see the personalized note from Monica inviting Carly to the baby shower? She signed it Love Monica.

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Did you see the personalized note from Monica inviting Carly to the baby shower? She signed it Love Monica.

Ewww.  Did that happen Friday, I didn't watch.  For my own sanity, I'll just pretend that the invitations were a boilerplate that all said the same thing.

Scrolling through again, I was surprised to spot Brad (who?).  More Baby Swap 2018 setup?

Edited by TeeVee329
On 5/4/2018 at 7:53 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I kinda hope, if Carly does have some kind of meltdown at this baby shower, we cut to Monica tucking into a snack and enjoying the show.  Although it might be Temp!Monica, not sure when we're supposed to see her.

1) Who?

2) If the reservations are about Nelle or Nelle's friendship with Brad, I would love it if Lucas said something like, "It was so not cool how you pretended to be someone you're not and infiltrated Carly's life to mess up her marriage" and Nelle was like, "Oh, you mean how Carly did the exact same fucking thing to your parents?".  Because, seriously.

The reservations are going to be for a hotel in Nigeria or somewhere to explain why he isn't on screen.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:23 AM, dubbel zout said:

LOL at that clip. Jason didn't even ask if Jake was home so he could give him the card in person. I get things are awkward, but maybe if Jason spent more time with HIS SON they might improve. I'm so tired of the yearning looks Jason gives Jake. It's not like Jake refuses to see him. FFS.

To be fair, Liz said that Jason could give Jake the card himself because he (Jake) was home sick with a stomach ache so I'm guessing it was the middle of a school day.

On 5/6/2018 at 12:38 PM, dubbel zout said:

SB wasn't bad with the baby Michaels.

True.  Jason Morgan was still just a baby himself then, though. 

I'm on the Barge because I won't support Friz.  I can only imagine how hard it must be for Jason to know his son is living with and Liz is sleeping with Franco.  The holding back could seem like coldness or indifference.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, navelgazer said:

True.  Jason Morgan was still just a baby himself then, though. 

I'm on the Barge because I won't support Friz.  I can only imagine how hard it must be for Jason to know his son is living with and Liz is sleeping with Franco.  The holding back could seem like coldness or indifference.   

He’s like that with Danny too. He plays it incredibly odd. Meh.