Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This week's promo's all about Nathan's funeral:

1) This show - with its mobster leads - promoting the funeral of a "good cop" is...somewhat narratively inconsistent?

2) I scanned the footage for evidence of Britt and/or Lucas (who?), but didn't spot them.

As a widow myself, I am valuing the quality of the beats the writers and actors are giving in this story.  In fact, every one of Maxie's and Nina's reactions on Friday felt like déjà vu - as moments I have experienced or watched others experience.  As a military wife, the concept of service and of death in the line of duty hits home as well.  And I will never fail to be moved by police or military respect shown at the funerals of the fallen. 

So, with these thoughts and feelings in mind, I shall likely involve myself in Friday's funeral and I shall likely be moved by it.   In other words, I will likely comparmentalize and live in the moment of the specific story. 

HOWEVER, come Monday, I'll expect I shall be ready to rant and roar - even louder than I have in the past - about the unsettlling GH pattern of demeaning the show's police force to make its mobster leads be the winners.  

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 16

I had to laugh (ruefully) that the show had to make the point that Nathan was a good cop, because Jasus knows enough of the PCPD has been corrupt. Of course, they're all pretty incompetent regardless.

And I have to say I'm annoyed Nathan is getting a better sendoff (and death, for that matter) than AJ ever got. UGH.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh (ruefully) that the show had to make the point that Nathan was a good cop, because Jasus knows enough of the PCPD has been corrupt. Of course, they're all pretty incompetent regardless.

And I have to say I'm annoyed Nathan is getting a better sendoff (and death, for that matter) than AJ ever got. UGH.

Nikolas  . . . Robin . . . Jason.

I mean, I get that it's more for the characters that surrounded Nathan than Nathan himself, but they still dug out a lot more characters to attend than at those other services.

• Love 4

Robin's a little different because we (the viewers) knew she was alive. Her whole captivity was so botched I'm almost relieved there was never a service for her. And I think the idea was always there for Nik to return, but TC wouldn't play ball and for some reason Frank won't recast the role. AFAIC, Jason got the sendoff he deserved. Heh.

But generally speaking, Nathan is getting a lot more than others with more seniority/importance to the show.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Robin's a little different because we (the viewers) knew she was alive. Her whole captivity was so botched I'm almost relieved there was never a service for her. And I think the idea was always there for Nik to return, but TC wouldn't play ball and for some reason Frank won't recast the role. AFAIC, Jason got the sendoff he deserved. Heh.

But generally speaking, Nathan is getting a lot more than others with more seniority/importance to the show.

I agree about Jason in general, but they could have used that for so many soapy moments and they skipped it out of spite. Dumb.

Did they dance their butt just the right way in Magic Milo at the Nurses Ball? Did they? No, they did not.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

What do you mean, AJ's funeral was great.  His murderer and his accomplice bullied their way into the services over the objections of his grieving mother and then said murderer had sex on his grave. #EYEROLL

But yeah, it's really all hands on deck.  We've got regulars, we've got recurring, we've got special guest stars.  Watching again, I even spotted who COULD be Britt sitting next to Dr. O, either that or Nina's hair is looking darker in her grief.

You know who I don't see?  Lulu.  Which hopefully means, between now and Friday, she crosses paths with Maxie and Maxie slaps the shit out of her.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

So if he ever kills off Franco I'm assuming the entire cast is going to be forced to attend and the benevolent ghosts of GH veterans will be standing at the back

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
On 2/6/2018 at 1:11 AM, Oracle42 said:

So if he ever kills off Franco I'm assuming the entire cast is going to be forced to attend and the benevolent ghost of GH veterans will be standing at the back

Meanwhile Heather will tell Lulu off for writing an article.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

You would think the funeral was for some beloved legacy character.

Nathan was a nice guy who good looking but couldn't handle any meaty storylines and it was only with his death that they were able to have the best Nathan story finally unfold. While it is horrible that Maxie will bury the third cop killed in the line of duty (Jesse: clowns; Cooper: Text Message Killer; Nathan: Faison), this will give her great material.

• Love 3

No, no, a thousand times, no that Claire Labine is to blame for the steaming pile this show has become

She created him, so she's at least responsible a little for the fact that Sonny exists. Sonny exists and he (and his circle) have eaten the show. Had she never created him, we WOULD have a very different show. Sonny isn't the only reason the show sucks, but I absolutely blame CL at least in part, cause she got the ball rolling. Not that it matters at this point. It's just an observation. The show could actually have ended up worse without him-but at least without him, it would have been a show about a hospital, that was boring and sucked and wasted actors, rather than a showing PRETENDING to be about a hospital, rather than what it is: a show about a mobster and his sainted hitman and the "love" (yeah whatever) lives of those two and their offspring.  Other families ? What other families are TRULY core anymore, other than the Jeromes and Corinthos, or people that are involved with them/work for them.

But again...allowing for the fact that for all I know, the show without Sonny might have been cancelled long ago. He DOES have fans.  But so do mass murderers on Death Row IRL, Different strokes for different folks. Yes, I still blame CL at least in part for his existence and subsequent tainting of this show, and I always will. No, she's not responsible for what he became. But saying she's not a little responsible is like saying someone who invented a weapon isn't at least a little responsible for the deaths it causes. I think the invention of his character was the beginning of the end of this show caring about the TRUE core characters and instead focusing on the murderers and calling them good men and heroes.

Agree to disagree. Edited to add that I blame Guza probably the most though, and Wendy Riche. And JFP. Not saying CL is the ONLY one responsible. But she gets a slice of the crap pie, because  it  was her recipe. People play with recipes, add things, take away things. Yes, her version of Sonny started out different. But just like you still give credit to your great grandmother for her recipe, gotta give it to CL for hers as well. SorryNotSorry. It's something I will never see differently on.

Keeping it on topic-I'd actually watch clips if Maxie and Lulu became enemies for a while again-though I wouldn't support a Maxie/Dante affair. I think it would be OOC for Dante since the thing with Valerie. I can see Maxie letting Lulu think it, but she'd have to be straight with Dante because I don't think Maxie would let Dante think it if it weren't so. If for no other reason, because she knows how much he loved Nathan. But if Dante thought Lulu were cheating, they might both pretend it was real to hurt Lulu. Maybe.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
On 2/6/2018 at 7:46 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

Yes, I still blame CL at least in part for his existence and subsequent tainting of this show, and I always will. No, she's not responsible for what he became. But saying she's not a little responsible is like saying someone who invented a weapon isn't at least a little responsible for the deaths it causes. I think the invention of his character was the beginning of the end of this show caring about the TRUE core characters and instead focusing on the murderers and calling them good men and heroes.

Agree to disagree. Edited to add that I blame Guza probably the most though, and Wendy Riche. And JFP. Not saying CL is the ONLY one responsible. But she gets a slice of the crap pie, because  it  was her recipe. People play with recipes, add things, take away things. Yes, her version of Sonny started out different. But just like you still give credit to your great grandmother for her recipe, gotta give it to CL for hers as well. SorryNotSorry. It's something I will never see differently on.

I don't agree with either part of that analogy. I don't blame Labine for what Sonny became. And, no, I don't blame a weapon maker for how others choose to use that weapon. And I don't agree that Sonny's creation was the beginning of the end of the show caring about true core characters. I think Sonny was actually a great character for a while. And, honestly, I see Michael's paternity storyline as the beginning of the end.

• Love 1
On 2/8/2018 at 6:46 PM, statsgirl said:

He thought he was just picking up Maxie from work?  Yeah, I probably shouldn't have used the word "thought".

Ugh. OK, thanks. But if he's in uniform, the vest should have been on, no? Especially with Faison running around.

Sonny probably thinks that Griffin can still absolve him of his hits he called.

A furious Molly doesn't hold back

Please be about the Charles St. development and not the same old Julian stuff

Peter has a change of plans

Because Valentin convinces him to stay.

2 hours ago, seasons said:

Ugh. OK, thanks. But if he's in uniform, the vest should have been on, no? Especially with Faison running around.

Do cops normally wear vests under their uniforms?  I know nothing about police procedures.  Nathan and Dante were in uniform because they were at the Charles St. protests but they were over and he was doing desk work before he went to get Maxie.  Although he probably should have been wearing a vest because Maxie was being where she shouldn't and Faison was in town.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Do cops normally wear vests under their uniforms?  I know nothing about police procedures.  Nathan and Dante were in uniform because they were at the Charles St. protests but they were over and he was doing desk work before he went to get Maxie.  Although he probably should have been wearing a vest because Maxie was being where she shouldn't and Faison was in town.

Good question about the vests. I'm not certain about the reliability of this website, but the answers came from what looks like reliable sources. Guess it depends also on the requirements of the municipality as well. I had no idea they were that uncomfortable! 

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-police-officers-not-always-wear-their-bulletproof-vests

I guess the whole situation with Nathan felt like lazy writing to me. Fucking Faison is on the loose. Nathan just did that stupid interview. Dude probably should have been in full body armour with some kind of helmet. Or should have gone into hiding or something.

Didn't mean to get so detailed. Will take it over to small talk next time. Thanks.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Brad and Lucas look forward to expanding their family

Someone @ me when this happens please. Assuming they're actually on screen together.

I think Valerie will be filling us in on all the details, so don't hold your breath.

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, dubbel zout said:

Do they have an anniversary or something coming up

Serious question for anyone who wants to chime in: if you remarry the same person multiple times, which anniversary do you celebrate ? The most recent one ? Or all of them  ?  Or none of them because one or both of you is too busy already cheating or making death threats against the other one (AGAIN).

• Love 6
On 2/9/2018 at 8:49 PM, statsgirl said:

One of my best friends is married to a cop.  He isn't a beat cop so he isn't always in uniform.  However, whenever he is, he is ALWAYS wearing his vest, as are all of the men in his department.  When he is just in a dress shirt or other clothes, he doesn't always wear one unless he is knowingly entering a potentially danger situation such as going undercover.  Oh, she also said that if he is going to be driving one of the police cars, he will be in his vest, especially with how animosity has recently risen towards officers.

• Love 3

I think Nelle has(or had, last time I watched) potential as a bad girl. She should have been a daughter Dawn Winthrop gave up before coming to PC, or NIkki Langton's long lost daughter with AJ.  The backstory with Carly was just dumb, and it went downhill from there when she had to do whatever it was she did with Sonny. It wouldn't even matter if I thought Michael and Nelle had chemistry. The skeeve factor is just too much now.

• Love 1
On 2/10/2018 at 8:18 PM, dubbel zout said:

Do they have an anniversary or something coming up? Or does a violent death make them naturally reflective?

A violent death only makes them naturally reflective when it's someone they "love."  They don't love Maxie, and Nathan was just Dante's PCPD partner.  I remember Sonny speaking to him once, when Spinelli wanted to box Nathan because of insecurities re: Maxie. They're probably reflecting because of an anniversary/someone's birthday. Was Morgan born in February?

4 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I think Nelle has(or had, last time I watched) potential as a bad girl. She should have been a daughter Dawn Winthrop gave up before coming to PC, or NIkki Langton's long lost daughter with AJ.  The backstory with Carly was just dumb, and it went downhill from there when she had to do whatever it was she did with Sonny. It wouldn't even matter if I thought Michael and Nelle had chemistry. The skeeve factor is just too much now.

I'm still of the mind that Nelle being Frank Benson's daughter wasn't the original plan, but that someone higher up demanded that Nelle be paired with Michael and thus there were only so many ways she could be tied to Carly.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm still of the mind that Nelle being Frank Benson's daughter wasn't the original plan, but that someone higher up demanded that Nelle be paired with Michael and thus there were only so many ways she could be tied to Carly.

I think destroying Jax had to be part of it.

Edited by dubbel zout
top-of-the-page clarity
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I still wish that Nelle had turned out to be AJ's daughter, out for revenge on Carly and Sonny. Yes, that would have scuttled any romance with Michael, but is that a loss? They could have become friends and allies. Michael has a million siblings already, I know, but he could use one not tied to the Corinthii.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I still wish that Nelle had turned out to be AJ's daughter, out for revenge on Carly and Sonny. Yes, that would have scuttled any romance with Michael, but is that a loss?

No, given the anti chem scuttled it anyway.

Or they could have made her Tony's daughter.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But it's clearly Carly's castle, a veneer of respectability she wraps herself in so I would love someone to go after that, take it away from her.

Definitely, but Olivia would likely also be hurt, given she's co-owner. 

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I would have had her be AJ's daughter and challenge Michael's claim to the ELQ throne.  He needs a peer his age to be challenging him at work, it can't just be EVUL straw man Ned.

Or any Q, really. She could be Jimmy Lee's granddaughter, which gives her just as much right as if she were AJ's daughter. (Not that AJ can't have a heretofore-unknown kid, but I'd rather in this case Nelle not be AJ's.) I'd also love it if Nelle had a business degree and could point to that as a reason she should be CEO. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

After she stood by and did nothing while Ned handed over his ELQ shares to Franco to keep her stupid baby secret, I wouldn't mind her taking the hit either.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And this would be a bad thing?

18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

After she stood by and did nothing while Ned handed over his ELQ shares to Franco to keep her stupid baby secret, I wouldn't mind her taking the hit either.

THIS!

• Love 2

I’m all for Liv feeling some pain. I was just pointing out that messing with the MetroCourt wouldn’t hurt Carly exclusively, and I want Carly’s pain to be direct and intense, not shared.

Edited by dubbel zout
missing important contraction
  • Love 3
On 2/12/2018 at 12:27 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

Serious question for anyone who wants to chime in: if you remarry the same person multiple times, which anniversary do you celebrate ? The most recent one ? Or all of them  ?  Or none of them because one or both of you is too busy already cheating or making death threats against the other one (AGAIN).

The people who I know celebrate their first anniversary and not so much the second... but it probably gets a passing mention.  But it isn't a big deal.   They also (and by they I mean she) says "It's our 35th anniversary."   And I roll my eyes it may be the 35th time since that particular date rolled around.   They were well and truly divorced for a few of those 35 years.   

They aren't Carly and Sonny.  The reasons they divorced were very legitimate but they also after a few years apart worked really very hard on the problems they had in the divorce to come back together and good on them.  But still... they haven't been married for 35 years.   

• Love 2