Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, ulkis said:

I thought that 30-second awkward stare was going to end with either Sam getting shot (like old times!) or Drew throwing Jason overboard.

But, yes, I am satisfied because this is in-character of Sam and the show had to play these beats out of respect for the pairing. /I'm unbiased and cute

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, ulkis said:

Ned is gonna run against Laura for mayor . . . could be interesting if it isn't just reduced to big bad businessman Ned v Laura.

Oh dear, we're definitely in for some "Those EVUL Quartermaines!" nonsense.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
21 hours ago, ulkis said:

Ned is gonna run against Laura for mayor . . . could be interesting if it isn't just reduced to big bad businessman Ned v Laura.

Yes, we are. Heavy sigh.

I'm pretty sure Michael will escape that label, though. He's the "good" one. Ugh.

• Love 3
On December 26, 2017 at 2:21 PM, ulkis said:

From the daytime confidential podcast: 

Someone named Mike is the hero of the daytime confidential podcast. He gave thoughtful answers and was the only one who noted that Liz wasn't necessarily getting anything out of the Franco pairing.

Jamey Giddens is so annoying. Why don't any of them tell him to shut the hell up, I don't know.

Mike is 100% right. Liz is just a Franco prop. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Aaaaand this kind of nonsense is one reason I no longer watch. There was a time my blood pressure was getting pretty high. Oddly enough, since I quit watching and coming online every day, it stays at a consistent 108/55.  So thank you Jane Elliot, because in a roundabout way, you leaving the show improved my health. 

Not that I mind Ned being bad. He's Tracy's boy after all, and more like Edward than he'd like to admit. No, the problem is that Laura is like a good version of Sonny. Anyone up against her is going to be portrayed as very wrong, if not outright evil. Lemme guess. Jason or Sam or SONNY will figure out Ned has cheated and rush in to save the day. Stop, show. Just.....STOP.

• Love 2

Amy has the results of the DNA test for Nathan.

1) You're slacking on your job, Amy. Everyone else in GH can have paternity or maternity DNA tests done for people and the results in within hours! 

2) Please say these results prove that Valentin is a lying liar who lies and really isn't a Cassadine.

Carly pays the piper

Please. Carly doesn't pay for anything. Ever.

A secret marriage is brought to light

Please don't be that Kim and Drew were married before he shipped out, so any marriage to Sam will be invalid and that causes her to have doubts and wonder about going back to Jason.

Edited by dubbel zout
formatting
  • Love 7

Secret marriage?  Are they not going to deal with Jason/Sam's non-secret marriage? Have Jason and Sam even filed for a divorce yet? I would think the previous divorce would be invalid since Drew signed the paperwork

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

There's no way Jason would fight Sam (and Drew) for Scout. Equally, I don't want Drew to fight Sam for Danny or Elizabeth for Jake. (Though TBH, it feels OOC for both men.) 

It'd be nice to have a scene where Elizabeth, Jake, Sam, Danny, Jason, and Drew all sit down together and explain things. "Yes, Jason is your father, but you'll still live in the same house as you do now. You'll go to the same school. Drew is your uncle, but he loves you very much, as do we all." Have the kids ask a few questions and be done with it. It's a weird situation, no doubt, but the kids right now, at their ages, mostly want to be reassured their daily routine won't drastically change. Any custody fights are completely unnecessary. This show is terrible at them. (Which of course has never stopped it in the past, but it's not like Jason needs halo polishing by showing he's someone who fights for his kids. His usual martyrdom is the more likely avenue the show will take, and while I find that annoying, I much prefer it to yet another idiotic court battle.)

• Love 2

Carly pays the piper

I'm going to assume this literally means Carly comes across someone selling pipes at the park (for charity!) and buys a shitload, as that's the only way she ever pays.

Also, "piper" will no doubt be played by someone else in Laura Wright's life (sorry, not sorry, totally salty about her boyfriend being on contract now).

• Love 9
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There's no way Jason would fight Sam (and Drew) for Scout. Equally, I don't want Drew to fight Sam for Danny or Elizabeth for Jake. (Though TBH, it feels OOC for both men.) 

It'd be nice to have a scene where Elizabeth, Jake, Sam, Danny, Jason, and Drew all sit down together and explain things. "Yes, Jason is your father, but you'll still live in the same house as you do now. You'll go to the same school. Drew is your uncle, but he loves you very much, as do we all." Have the kids ask a few questions and be done with it. It's a weird situation, no doubt, but the kids right now, at their ages, mostly want to be reassured their daily routine won't drastically change. Any custody fights are completely unnecessary. This show is terrible at them. (Which of course has never stopped it in the past, but it's not like Jason needs halo polishing by showing he's someone who fights for his kids. His usual martyrdom is the more likely avenue the show will take, and while I find that annoying, I much prefer it to yet another idiotic court battle.)

Danny is legally Jason's son. Jake is not. Lucky's name is on his birth certificate. Unless Lucky has signed away his parental rights, Jason has nothing but biology on Jake. The interesting thing in my mind is if Drew decides to see about legally adopting Jake. After seeing Jake have major emotional meltdowns over the Drew/Jason identity issue. Lucky signs off on it. And Liz is fine with that too. But what if Jason decides to try to intercede? That could set up a big family showdown. 

Danny hasn't shown any issues about having another Dad. But he isn't losing anything. Drew is still there, everyday for him. Jake doesn't have that stability. He just has Drew's word. Which has meant nothing to Jake's 2 brothers. Drew made the same promise to them with the original Jason identity finding. They should have Liz and Jake(we all know that Cane and Abel have zero chance of being involved here) talking about how scared and insecure Jake feels.

• Love 4

At least the Jake actor can act enough to engage me. Which is more than I can say about many of the actors on the show, including the adult ones.

10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Secret marriage?  Are they not going to deal with Jason/Sam's non-secret marriage? Have Jason and Sam even filed for a divorce yet? I would think the previous divorce would be invalid since Drew signed the paperwork

Didn't Kim say that she couldn't get in touch with Drew? Or the Navy wouldn't tell her? If they were married she would be the first person they would contact when he went missing. Unless he wad so stupid as to not tell the Navy. And then she would be stupid not to claim his survivor  benefits when she was going through med school and trying to raise a baby.

I really hope we're spared that storyline. This is dragging on enough as it is.

Edited by statsgirl
stupid autocorrect
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

At least the Jake actor can act enough to engage me. Which is more than I can say about many of the actors on the show, including the adult ones

Meh. Jake's constant presence just highlights the fact that Elizabeth's two other children are basically non-existent. Not to mention the fact that Jake is on screen constantly not because he's Jason, Liz and Lucky's son but because he has a full-time job propping the murderhobo and I tend to ffwd Franco, and Franco related scenes. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8

Why doesn't Franco tell Elizabeth he might have pushed Drew down the stair when they were kids? There's no good reason to keep that a secret, yet here we are. 

"Secret" might be a misdirect. I could see Kim and Drew getting drunk and thinking they got fake married but turned out to be legit, so the "secret" part is neither realized they were actually married. Or something along those lines. 

4 hours ago, stlbf said:

Which has meant nothing to Jake's 2 brothers. Drew made the same promise to them with the original Jason identity finding. They should have Liz and Jake(we all know that Cane and Abel have zero chance of being involved here) talking about how scared and insecure Jake feels.

Who? (Refers to the first sentence of the quoted text.)

On a less facetious note, If Drew sticks around, as it seems he will, does it really matter he's only an uncle to Jake? This whole story is so badly written it's hard for me to care about any of it. It should be soapy as hell, but the writers absolutely refuse to dig into it. Instead we have Carly playing junior-high-level games to get Sam and Jason alone together. Ugh.

Edited by dubbel zout
redundancy
  • Love 2
On 12/30/2017 at 9:48 AM, Neptune said:

Look out...she's gonna turn all hexenbiest* on ya Finn!!!!

*Shades of Grimm ya'll. ;-)

ETA: Jessica Tuck's daughter Adalind, on Grimm, played by Claire Coffee also used to play Nadine Crowell on GH circa 2007-9.  Small world.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 4

A secret marriage is brought to light

I'm wondering if Nelle doesn't somehow get Michael drunk or something and get him to sign on the dotted line.  Cue Sonny and Carly's heads exploding.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:44 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm going to assume this literally means Carly comes across someone selling pipes at the park (for charity!) and buys a shitload, as that's the only way she ever pays.

Also, "piper" will no doubt be played by someone else in Laura Wright's life (sorry, not sorry, totally salty about her boyfriend being on contract now).

Her boyfriend is on contract ? Who does he play ?

And you know, maybe she has her house re-piped ? Or finds an organ and has the pipes fixed ? Or it's a crack pipe ?  I could keep going all day.........

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, stlbf said:

Jason has nothing but biology on Jake

And would it not be the ultimate revenge, for one day, Jake to look Jason in the eye and say "it's just biology". Flashback to little Mikey saying it about his relationship to AJ. If that happened to Jason, couldn't happen to a nicer guy amoral murderer.

Just now, peachmangosteen said:

The guy Lulu is reporting to about her investigative journalism career.

Ah okay. Nosy Lulu and journalism ? It totally fits, actually. But it sounds boring.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Nosy Lulu and journalism ? It totally fits, actually. But it sounds boring.

It's worse than boring. Lulu had no idea how to be a journalist, even though it's supposedly her calling. It'd make more sense for her to write a gossip column/blog than try to be the next Frances FitzGerald. (How pathetic is it that I had to use the google to find a somewhat contemporary investigative reporter who's a woman?)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

It actually would have been nice if it had begun that way and she'd gradually worked to become a real reporter.

I know, right? A lot of bombshell stories have begun as gossip, so at least having a gossip column or something would have given her a tiny foundation. But no, in the fashion of soap jobs everywhere, she immediately jumps into the big leagues with absolutely no qualifications or experience. (I refuse to count her one lunch story as experience.)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's worse than boring. Lulu had no idea how to be a journalist, even though it's supposedly her calling. It'd make more sense for her to write a gossip column/blog than try to be the next Frances FitzGerald. (How pathetic is it that I had to use the google to find a somewhat contemporary investigative reporter who's a woman?)

Honestly, Lulu as an adult has always been kind of directionless. Remember that brief stint where she took some college class because she was going to be some kind of counselor ?   I guess a journalist makes as much sense as that. At least investigative journalism involves her poking her nose into other people's business. She DOES know how to do that, been doing THAT all her life.

Are there cutesy "don't get in the middle of this investigation" conflicts with her and Dante ? Cause if not, I see that coming. But I guess Dante have rescuing  Lulu  from some baddie is better than seeing Jason rescue Sam for the umpteenth time.

On 12/30/2017 at 11:44 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Seriously?  That guy is on contract?

3 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

At least investigative journalism involves her poking her nose into other people's business. She DOES know how to do that, been doing THAT all her life.

LOL. When you put it that way... ;-)

• Love 1

I always wanted Lulu to become an investigative journalist, but the way they've done it (starting with her mortifying job interview posturing about her qualifications - oh my God) is awful.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

It actually would have been nice if it had Ibegun that way and she'd gradually worked to become a real reporter.

I would have appreciated a mention of her signing up for some kind of journalism/writing class.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, jsbt said:

I always wanted Lulu to become an investigative journalist, but the way they've done it (starting with her mortifying job interview posturing about her qualifications - oh my God) is awful.

As always, they take a good idea and run it into the ground.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Sam’s plan to begin her new future with Drew hits a snag when she discovers she’s still legally married to Jason after attempting to obtain a marriage license with Drew.

How did she not realize this a month ago?  Oh, right: she's not very bright.

Lulu betrays a confidence.

Oh, the lonely life of a ~reporter. /sarcasm

Carly agrees to compromise.

Hahahahaha.

Spinelli makes progress.

Why can't anyone ever truly LEAVE on this show?  

• Love 3

Though Jason doesn’t let on how hurt he is by Sam’s decision, he understands it and agrees to it.

Oh, FFS. Noble Jason nobly swallows his Noble Man Pain for the woman he loves. I. just. can't. with this tripe.

Nathan candidness in Dante.

LOL. Maybe Nathan confides in Dante?

Franco tries to reconcile his past.

WE NEVER CARED. AND WE STILL DON'T. AND WE NEVER WILL.

10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Lulu betrays a confidence.

Oh, the lonely life of a ~reporter. /sarcasm

Carly agrees to compromise.

Hahahahaha.

Seriously. Too bad Lulu's boss (NMD? New Media Dude? I forget his acronym) won't fire her the instant he finds out she totally compromised what few journalistic ethics she might have had. Instead he'll probably lavish her with praise and make her the head of all investigative stories across Aurora Media.

• Love 9

I think Ned might Alexis for help with the Charles St. thing. Though that might dovetail into the mayor's race. Speaking of, who's he going to run against? Lomax can't run, correct? And Laura decided to stay a civilian, as it were.