Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:43 PM, AyeMada said:

General Hospital Spoilers: Maxie And Michael Chemistry Sizzles – Hot New GH Couple?

https://www.soapoperaspy.com/2018/general-hospital-spoilers-maxie-and-michael-chemistry-sizzles-hot-new-gh-couple/

Oh, good grief. Besides, isn't Maxie like ten years older ? Not that it matters to me really. Cougars rule.  My five year old nephew told me just last night that his first girlfriend had to be ten, that he didn't want a five year old girlfriend. LOL Okay then.

Just thinking out loud. But this show hasn't had a hot couple since Tracy and Joe Jr.  No, I'm not kidding. I will never stop missing that pairing or lamenting the missed opportunities.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Oh, good grief. Besides, isn't Maxie like ten years older ? 

The unSORASed versions Maxie would be 7 years older. At their ages it shouldn't be a big deal.

• Love 1

"Chemistry sizzles"? Not only is that hyperbolic, it's kind of icky, with the scenes we've had so far as a foundation. Yeah, when they were practicing breathing techniques in the lamaze class, I thought any minute they were going to start slamming into the walls and tearing each other's clothes off. And when they were sitting and talking on the bench at the hospital, you could just feel his eyes undressing her eight-months-pregnant self! 

I honestly didn't think much of it, although it's been apparent they're shopping the widow around, seeing what moves the needle on social media.  She's had all the scenes with Peter, a couple with Dante, one with Chase, so why not give Droopy Dog a turn. I don't dislike CD, but I have to agree his track record in romantic stories is not great.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I honestly didn't think much of it, although it's been apparent they're shopping the widow around, seeing what moves the needle on social media.  She's had all the scenes with Peter, a couple with Dante

She's had none with Dante. Nothing one-on-one.

• Love 2

Thank you, Robert!  Jason is not an asset or a bodyguard, HE IS A HIT MAN FOR THE MOB, HE KILLS PEOPLE FOR MONEY, JUST LIKE FAISON DID OMG!!!!

And there was a weird "Britt who?" tone to that conversation.  This is not the first time a Faison child has snuck in under your nose, Anna.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Sonny will have an army of people searching for the two and will find it hard to restrain himself from blowing up on Ava Jerome (Maura West) as they work together to find their daughter.

Of course it's Ava's fault that her daughter, who doesn't live with her and whom she barely sees, has vanished. Gah.

Jason and Sam will both be affected deeply being that they ran into each other in another part of the world. Neither had any clue that the other one was going to be there. Is it fate?

I guess that's what we're calling plot points these days.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Geary said he was open to returning when he retired. 

Not only does Luke have no real place on this show anymore but it would be so much like GH to accommodate TG for a special return when they only recently fired GF. 

• Love 9
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:44 PM, ulkis said:

The unSORASed versions Maxie would be 7 years older. At their ages it shouldn't be a big deal.

I have several friends whose husbands are five, seven, ten years younger than them. It isn't a big deal for me as long as it can go both ways-with the woman sometimes being the older one-without it being an issue. You see, soaps(Hollywood in general, tbh) have always portrayed men as these studs who can get women half their age and we are just supposed to accept it. But when a woman does it, it's gross and she's desperate. And that is a garbage attitude IMO. The SORAS'd Maxie is around 10-12 years older, yes ? I think it's perfectly fine, age wise. I just don't think their personalities or their general attitudes mesh very well.  If for no other reason, Maxie at her worst is more than a little Carly like, and considering that plus the age difference, NO, they shouldn't go there with those two. Let's just say there never would be a "Michael really wants a girl like mom" thing. Maxie would still wear his ever loving nerves, over time. She's too high maintenance for someone like Michael. I mean, yes he and Sabrina were boring, but if Michael is ever going to have a moment's peace in his life, he needs a much more calm woman, someone more the Sabrina "type". It's too bad they can't revisit Michael and Kiki. Now that they've both grown and matured(at least they had the last time I  watched), they'd be good together. Just enough drama in their families to be interesting-but not too OTT. And then Dillon could come back and there could be an actually interesting triangle on this show for once.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

The SORAS'd Maxie is around 10-12 years older, yes ?

Than Michael? No, I think they're supposed to be closer in than that. I would say it's about 5-7 years still.

• Love 1

I just looked it up: Michael (actual onscreen birthdate of 12/29/97) had his birth year revised to 1991.  Assuming same day, he is now 26.

Maxie (actual birthdate of 10/31/90) had her birth year revised to 1986.  Assuming same day, she is now 31.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 1

Making Maxie - who persists in pretending she is a teenager - the 'older woman' to Michael is part of what I always found interesting about the idea and a unique beat for her character. She would surely be mortified by the concept and have to examine herself.

• Love 1

Sonny tries to appease Ava by allowing her more time with their daughter and allows her to take Avery home for the night.

How gallant of him, allowing Ava to spend a night with Avery when it was his negligence that allowed Mike to leave the house alone with Avery. I'm also certain it will be only one night and not a minute more.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 5

Ava is her own worst enemy when she angrily refuses to let Mike off the hook for disappearing with Avery and demands he be arrested!

Of course it's her fault Does the show send out press releases absolving Sonny/Carly/Jason from everything?

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Of course it's her fault Does the show send out press releases absolving Sonny/Carly/Jason from everything?

God forbid there be consequences! What if something worse had happened to Mike OR Avery?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

God forbid there be consequences! What if something worse had happened to Mike OR Avery?

Literally anything could have happened.  He could have decided to try and take her back to Brooklyn.  She could've wandered off.  She could've been picked up by a pedophile.  He could've left her in a restaurant.  And so on, and so on.  But, sure show, let's pretend Ava is being unreasonable for not wanting him near her daughter.  Yeah, that makes sense.

• Love 10

Sonny is used to having it all but it looks like he’ll have to choose between his daughter and his father.

When I see that proud, beautiful man having to choose between his daughter and his father, it just breaks my heart. Ava is a monster. [/Facebook] 

Jason knows better.

Like "Carly flies into a rage," this is one of the spoilers that could pretty much apply to any week for the last 20 years, except for the times he was out of town or presumed dead. And even then he was off somewhere "knowing better."  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Literally anything could have happened.  He could have decided to try and take her back to Brooklyn.  She could've wandered off.  She could've been picked up by a pedophile.  He could've left her in a restaurant.  And so on, and so on.  But, sure show, let's pretend Ava is being unreasonable for not wanting him near her daughter.  Yeah, that makes sense.

It fits with Lulu being portrayed as unreasonable for not wanting Valentin around Charlotte. How dare these women want to protect their children? 

I have no problem with her demanding that Mike not be left unsupervised with Avery. Mike shouldn't be left unsupervised at all, at this point. But when she shows absolutely no compassion for his disease? She is her own worst enemy there. Mike didn't take Avery with any malicious intent. He wasn't going to ask for ransom or anything. To insist on his arrest is idiotic and counterproductive to getting more time with Avery.

• Love 6

Ava also knows that Mike is Griffin's patient and he is highly sympathetic to Mike and his family. She is already insecure in relationship  because she doesn't think she is as good a person as he is and she is going to displays part of her worse personality. It is just going to be super annoying rather than moving.

• Love 1

I understand why Ava doesn’t want Mike around Avery unsupervised, but her lack of compassion for Mike’s condition continues to justify my long-standing hatred of her.  She is no better than Sonny and Carly and the fact that she is one of their victims does nothing to mitigate the fact that she is just as heinous as they are, in my opinion.

• Love 1

Rather than go after Mike, wish Ava'd go after Sonny/Carly for being negligent. Mike is not really responsible for his actions at this point but Sonny/Carly are aware of his current state of health and ARE responsible to keep their other family members safe (not that I think Mike would deliberately harm any of them).

Why not simply go after custody of Avery? What makes Sonny & Carly more fit parents than Ava. (Ha! like they ever would or could be. I crack myself up with that one.) They're both mobsters & have killed people. Hell, Avery should live with Michael or another family entirely.

For me it all comes down to hating Sonny & Carly way more than Ava.

• Love 10

I assume the spoiler about Ava meeting with Scotty is about going after custody of Avery.  Yes please!

I don't know why I'm rooting for it given how badly the show bungled the classic soap disaster with the earthquake, but I'm ready for Baby Swap 2018 because the show is pretty boring right now.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:42 PM, ulkis said:

Than Michael? No, I think they're supposed to be closer in than that. I would say it's about 5-7 years still.

Oh, okay. Well, still though-I think that match is gonna be too awkward to work.

About Mike-can they really even press charges for anything he does-wouldn't he be deemed mentally incompetent ? But that's probably where it's heading, someone has to put them all in a position where no one can deny that he can no longer take care of himself alone.

I believe Blanche Devoreaux said it best in an episode of Golden Girls: "That is a big 'who cares' story!"

Sam and Spinelli will never, ever get me to watch. EVER.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3

I did laugh when Sam swanned into that bank manager’s office, handed her coat to Jason like he was her servant and then completely acted like a PI from GC. No way she could pull off a rich, cultured, educated woman. What a joke that whole thing was with her, Jason and Spinelli.

Ugh.  No matter how much the writers want me to side with Sonny in this situation, it isn't happening.  Having Griffin side with Sonny just makes me annoyed with him.  Is Ava taking advantage of a bad situation? Absolutely.  Is Mike a real kidnapper?  No.  However, Sonny has been an ass since day one about Avery and there is no reason why he should have full custody and Ava have to beg to see her daughter.  Ava is a pretty bad human being, but I think that if we were to compare the two, she would come out smelling better than Sonny.  And Sonny's crap about how it isn't right that Ave wants to keep Avery from her father?  Piss up a rope, Sonny.  You taught her to call Carly "Mommy" and keep her from her mother. You are scum and I'm rooting for you to lose Avery.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This promo is gross.  Making this all about Good Man Griffin scolding Wicked Woman Ava is not a good tact

That's been the dynamic of their relationship from the start, alas. But of course since this is GH, they're putting the emphasis on the wrong syllable. Ava wanting her daughter back is hardly scandalous, and Griffin should be more supportive there, not scolding her for being mean to Sonny. Gah.

• Love 7