Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

If DZ is leaving does that mean Emme might follow suit? I don't know either of their finances and I think they both have families with young children but at the same time Emme can't be happy with the writing for her character for the past four or five years, and if her on-screen husband leaves, what is left for her? An affair with Peter or a hate-sex ONS with Valentin? No thank you!

I would be so happy if Emme leaves.  I cannot stand her as Lulu, and she was equally bad as Abby on Y and R.  But DZ, that is a loss.

• Love 8

It's hard to believe DZ has been on for nine years next month. Well, it's probably harder for me to believe than it is for some of you, because I've taken some long breaks in his time. Not to avoid him, though.

Dante really hasn't had much written for him since the Valerie affair and the separation. If DZ does leave, I'd rather they just "rest" Dante and Lulu, have them move away. They can beef up Chase's role and have him and Jordan be the law-enforcement people. I wouldn't see much point in bringing on a NuDante to enable Sonny and have occasional family scenes with the Corinthoses. And I sure don't want a dramatic write-out (death, mysterious disappearance, abandonment) that would force me to watch Emme Rylan's Lulu grieving or angry for months. That in itself might cause another long break.  

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

I'm pretty sure DZ is leaving. His contract is up and he randomly tweeted "goin' with my gut."

I have many feelings lol.

I'm pretty sure, too.  Dom rarely uses twitter, so this means something.  Besides, considering how much he has been wasted on GH, he may feel he has no choice but to move on. 

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

It's hard to believe DZ has been on for nine years next month. Well, it's probably harder for me to believe than it is for some of you, because I've taken some long breaks in his time. Not to avoid him, though.

Dante really hasn't had much written for him since the Valerie affair and the separation. If DZ does leave, I'd rather they just "rest" Dante and Lulu, have them move away. They can beef up Chase's role and have him and Jordan be the law-enforcement people. I wouldn't see much point in bringing on a NuDante to enable Sonny and have occasional family scenes with the Corinthoses. And I sure don't want a dramatic write-out (death, mysterious disappearance, abandonment) that would force me to watch Emme Rylan's Lulu grieving or angry for months. That in itself might cause another long break.  

OMG, yes!!!   When Nathan was given the big death scenario and police funeral, I confess to feeling relieved that we didn't have to  experience Emme's version of the grieving or angry wife - or Lisa's emotion and Mo's attempt at emotion.  No thank you!!

As well, no need to recast Dante.  What happens with Lulu?  Who knows?  The writers barely seem to care about her either - although she does get a bit more focus than Dom. 

1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

FV will have officially driven away every decent male lead that GH has

Yup!  And they wonder why people stop watching. 

I wish DZ had had more scenes with KS, though, especially after Dante promised dead Nathan that he would take care of Maxie and the baby. Add to that Lulu keeping the truth about her "journalistic" shenanigans, it would be enough for Dante to walk away from his marriage, take his kid and go.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I wish DZ had had more scenes with KS, though, especially after Dante promised dead Nathan that he would take care of Maxie and the baby. Add to that Lulu keeping the truth about her "journalistic" shenanigans, it would be enough for Dante to walk away from his marriage, take his kid and go.

One of many missed story opportunities for Dom.  And, when he was given what could have been a potentially good story in 2015, the writers totally botched it. 

No wonder he could be considering leaving.  There's a reason SOD named him one of the biggest wastes in soap talent for 2017

• Love 2

DZ will be missed.  He was a talent on a show that is lacking talent.  I hope he gets a nice send off with Dante maybe getting a great offer to go be Chief of Police somewhere. Then, he, Lulu, and Rocko could go off together.  Or, maybe Valentine will be successful in running away with Nina and Charlotte, Dante can find out where he went, and rather than bring him back, he, Lulu, and Rocko just join them for some weird modern day Brady Bunch thing.  I think I like that more because I get Nina and Val off my screen.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I thought maybe the writers knew he was leaving and dropped Maxie/Dante stuff, but if they knew that why even write Dante making the promise? And leaving or not leaving they should have one scene. It's soap 101. Hell, character writing in general 101. 

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

It's hard to believe DZ has been on for nine years next month. Well, it's probably harder for me to believe than it is for some of you, because

That was probably his main reason for not re-signing lol. "Oh, sure, I'll re-si . . . oh wait I've been here for 9 years? Oh fuck."

ER and Lulu will probably putter around not doing much till next spring when her contract is up. Then Frank won't renew, being shocked that romances with either Griffin or Peter didn't catch on.

I think Lulu/Johnny redux could work but obviously who knows if BB would wanna come back fulltime. Burton is back so maybe.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Aurora2 said:

When Nathan was given the big death scenario and police funeral, I confess to feeling relieved that we didn't have to  experience Emme's version of the grieving or angry wife

Her peripheral emotions were bad enough. I don't want to see her as the main event, as it were.

How Dante gets written out probably depends on how vindictive Frank is feeling about DZ leaving.

DZ isn't the only actor who's being wasted, but that's certainly a prime example of why the show is so bad.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I thought maybe the writers knew he was leaving and dropped Maxie/Dante stuff, but if they knew that why even write Dante making the promise? And leaving or not leaving they should have one scene. It's soap 101. Hell, character writing in general 101. 

That was probably his main reason for not re-signing lol. "Oh, sure, I'll re-si . . . oh wait I've been here for 9 years? Oh fuck."

ER and Lulu will probably putter around not doing much till next spring when her contract is up. Then Frank won't renew, being shocked that romances with either Griffin or Peter didn't catch on.

I think Lulu/Johnny redux could work but obviously who knows if BB would wanna come back fulltime. Burton is back so maybe.

What impact, if any, do you think KS would have in his decision (if he is even offered the opportunity to come back)? I love Dante but could see Johnny and Lulu together again.  I mean, the guy is currently sitting in a jail cell for her...

(edited)

I don't know. They seem to get along fine but even if KSt said she was okay with it, even she probably wouldn't know how she would react to a story that required him to make out with her "bestie".

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I'd love to see BB return as Johnny, but with one caveat: if he's to be paired up with Lulu, only OG Lulu would do. Not sure what JMB has on her dance card these days, but I'm sure that Port Chuck does not support BB, let alone pay child support.

• Love 2

I like JMB better as Lulu, but I think ER had better chemistry with BB.  I'd still take JMB in a heartbeat but I don't think they'd do any better by her than they've done by DZ

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think they've done well by ER. I don't think the writers are interested in anyone but Franco, Sonny/Carly/Jason, Valentin, and LWB/FS. Everyone else is written as satellites to their suns. 

Edited by dubbel zout
typo
  • Love 7

I don't really think that Johnny should come back, that's just what I think they should/could do if they keep her around and they are actually serious about writing for her. 

JMB I can't picture coming back at this juncture with pretty much everyone she was close to off the show with the exception of LW. 

18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think they've done well by ER. I don't think the writers are interested in anyone but Franco, Sonny/Carly/Jason, Valentin, and LWB/FS. Everyone else is written as satellites to their suns. 

Everyone else is written completely out of character and never allowed to win against those characters, so if you aren't a fan of those what's the use? That is partly why I want Lulu to go with Dante if DZ leaves. 

I don't know where the rumors are coming from but allegedly he turned down a raise to stay. Do you think they care enough about Dante to recast? The only time they play him being Sonny's son is when Dante has to arrest one of his family members and the Dante/Lulu/Rocco family unit isn't priority for them. I didn't even put Charlotte in that unit because it is clear the writers don't actually think of Charlotte as Lulu's daughter and would rather play the Valentin-Nina-Charlotte happy family. 

I'll keel over if FV actually offered him a raise.

It's not that I think they care enough to recast him but it would be easier to recast him for them than write a new relationship for Lulu.

Although I think the writers liked DZ; it's Frank who didn't have the hots for him wasn't interested.

• Love 4
(edited)

Depends on which writers. I can't speak for the new ones, but Ron Carlivati saw Dante like he saw most preexisting men on the show: Disposable pieces of meat to move plot.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Depends on which writers. I can't speak for the new ones, but Ron Carlivati saw Dante like he saw most preexisting men on the show: Disposable pieces of meat to move plot.

Oh, yeah, I meant CVE and the scriptwriters. I've never even noticed Sickles take a potshot at him in one of his scripts, and he's taken one at almost everyone.

I think MB would be pretty upset if they recast Dante, so if they do recast it'll be a couple of months or Sonny and Dante won't share any scenes for a long while. (Oh the horror.)

(edited)
21 hours ago, TheMediaHo said:

I'd love to see BB return as Johnny, but with one caveat: if he's to be paired up with Lulu, only OG Lulu would do. Not sure what JMB has on her dance card these days, but I'm sure that Port Chuck does not support BB, let alone pay child support.

I don't know, have you seen Port Chuck ticket prices?

No but really, I don't think BB has any child support trouble. I heard his parents are involved a great deal with raising/supporting BB and KSt's daughter.

Edited by ulkis
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I don't know, have you seen Port Chuck ticket prices?

No but really, I don't think BB has any.child support trouble. I heard his parents are involved a great deal with raising/supporting BB and KSt's daughter.

For some reason, I had the impression that Brandon has custody of his daughter. (Maybe because of KSt's struggles.) Shrug. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know anything else about them so... LOL.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

She [Dr. O] has to be involved with this story somehow.

I hope she punches him in the nuts.  And then delivers a present from his new half-sister, a hard slap across the chops.

Gawd, but watching Anna have to defend lame-ass LWB/FS is gonna be brutal.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

IF Frank did offer DZ a raise and IF DZ turned it down, Frank is totally going to recast Dante.  "You think you're Dante, well, now [X from Another Soap] is Dante, take that!".

"The role of Dante Falconeri will now be played by... long sniff uhhhhhh, Victor Webster"

• Love 2
(edited)

This week's promo:

I just keep thinking how this plotline - being set up by a schemer for something you didn't do - might work with a traditional soap heroine, but absolutely does not work for Carly, BECAUSE SHE IS NOT A HEROINE.  Am I supposed to feel bad for her given all the crap she's pulled and gotten away with?  Fuckin' please, Show.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just keep thinking how this plotline - being set up by a schemer for something you didn't do - might work with a traditional soap heroine, but absolutely does not work for Carly, BECAUSE SHE IS NOT A HEROINE.  Am I supposed to feel bad for her given all the crap she's pulled and gotten away with?  Fuckin' please, Show.

Ugh, I know. And it doesn't help that Carly is publicly awful to Nelle. If Carly and only a few other people knew she treated Nelle badly, there would be some drama. But everyone knows Carly hates Nelle, so where's the suspense?

And I see we get more of Griffin's moral high horse. Zzzz. Another story that started out fairly promisingly and has tanked.

The snakes in the tweet are kind of amusing, if totally misused. Nelle is SO not a schemer.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This week's promo:

This is more like Carly finally getting a dose of her own medicine.  But, no, we're actually supposed to feel sorry for the woman who has wrecked numerous lives?  Hard pass.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This is more like Carly finally getting a dose of her own medicine.  But, no, we're actually supposed to feel sorry for the woman who has wrecked numerous lives?  Hard pass.

Plus all of this gaslighting was conceived of by Nelle after Carly started haranguing her about her mental health issues.

• Love 10

I have no idea what Nelle is about (I haven't watched in ages) and don't care, but even if she is gaslighting as I read here? SEND CARLY TO PRISON! Somewhere in the Afterlife, Tony Jones is cackling.

• Love 10

Seeing this on Twitter - apparently, in one of the magazines, it's revealed that Elizabeth Hendrickson is playing someone from the DA's office prosecuting Carly for the whatever with Nelle.  And apparently, Carly tries to plead guilty by reason of insanity, but this attorney ain't buying.

1) I can't really picture EH playing a lawyer.

2) However, a legal professional who wants Carly's smug ass in prison?  That's a character I can get behind, kids.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Elizabeth Hendrickson is playing someone from the DA's office prosecuting Carly for the whatever with Nelle.  And apparently, Carly tries to plead guilty by reason of insanity, but this attorney ain't buying.

I guess we're supposed to hate Nelle even more for doing this to Poor Carly.  Excuse me while I cheer Nelle on.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

I was a fan of Hendrickson's when she was on AMC, and it would be interesting to see her paired up with Chase. Michael, not so much. So I wonder where this will go...

There's a lot of speculation her character might be for Drew, given EH and BM were paired on Y&R.  But I dunno, isn't that what Kim's around for?

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

There's a lot of speculation her character might be for Drew, given EH and BM were paired on Y&R.  But I dunno, isn't that what Kim's around for?

Kim doesn't seem romantically interested in Drew, and given that Sam isn't involved with him anymore, I can't see them pointing Kim at Drew. (Forget that she's sort of involved with Julian. He never matters.) Also, Drew doesn't seem romantically interested in Kim. Not that this can't change, of course, but from the start, I never got a Kim/Drew coupling. Too far in the past, as well as Drew having no memories of said past. (Maybe when André zaps back his memories that will change. And if it stops Kim from calling Julian "Charlie," I will welcome it.)

Is EH on contract? Maybe she's the (latest) DA. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Kim doesn't seem romantically interested in Drew, and given that Sam isn't involved with him anymore, I can't see them pointing Kim at Drew. (Forget that she's sort of involved with Julian. He never matters.) Also, Drew doesn't seem romantically interested in Kim. Not that this can't change, of course, but from the start, I never got a Kim/Drew coupling. Too far in the past, as well as Drew having no memories of said past. (Maybe when André zaps back his memories that will change. And if it stops Kim from calling Julian "Charlie," I will welcome it.)

I agree, and as I've said before, I like that Kim is like, "I knew the dude A DECADE AGO, so I don't need to be with him or go after him just because he's here".  But given Julian, at some point, is going back to Alexis, who does that leave for Kim to be paired with?

• Love 4

Lol, it is pretty funny that they have just decided to gloss over the fact that Nelle is Carly's sister through adoption.  Like, the Bensons adopted Carly, so Frank is/was legally her father, despite the fact that he skipped town when she was a kid.  That's just how it is, can't ignore it now that it's inconvenient to the Nelle/Michael drama.  No, they didn't know each other, but the relationship exists on paper.  

At least acknowledge that it's weird.  Like they did with Maxie and Georgie crushing on Lucas, they totally admitted it was weird.  Or Franco and Liz sharing a brother has been noted at least once.  

• Love 2