Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 03/12/2018

• Start Topic

Monday, March 12 - Co-host Sara Haines returns; "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable
prices

Tuesday, March 13 - Mindy Kaling (A Wrinkle in Time; Champions); Bernadette Peters and
Victor Garber (Broadway's Hello Dolly)

Wednesday, March 14 - Lena Waithe (The Chi)

Thursday, March 15 - Ricky Gervais (Ricky Gervais: Humanity)

Friday, March 16 - Ana Navarro guest co-hosts; The Political View with Senator Tina Smith (D-
Minn.); "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices

• Love 3

Oooooh, if Meghan gets to sit at the adults table when Gervais is on? And she starts some shit? Looking for him to oh so devilishly putting her in her place. But now that I've put it out in the universe, she'll probably keep her trap shut and only say what Huuuuuge fan she is.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Someone must be buying that crap!

<-- Raises hand.  I bought a pair of bifocal sunglasses they had on a couple weeks ago. They were only $11.  Styles and magnifications were very limited so they aren't great, I won't wear them in public, but they are good enough for reading on the deck.

Ha!  I checked my last text for tombstone-- "Can't be that difficult."  Lol!

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
On 3/10/2018 at 10:49 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Friday, March 16 - Ana Navarro guest co-hosts; The Political View with Senator Tina Smith (D-
Minn.); "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices

I'm torn here.  On one hand, I like Ana.  On the other hand, watching Meghan be nasty to yet another Democrat (unless Senator Smith speaks highly of/was complimented by John McCain) with ineffectual "gotcha" tactics and "View Your Deal" might make this a skip for me.

• Love 3

Maybe MM is the one who will be out on Friday.  There are so many more commercials now -- I don't think they need to have View Your Deal on twice a week.  I always skip that portion of the show.

• Love 7

Who is this Sara person?

I hadn't watched much since the Michelle Collins and Candice what's her name season.  Sara was annoying me during the Instagram and text message talk.  She seemed very "know it all". I'm not sure if she really has the potential to be "annoying" or not.  And then I remember Meghan.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Who is this Sara person?

I hadn't watched much since the Michelle Collins and Candice what's her name season.  Sara was annoying me during the Instagram and text message talk.  She seemed very "know it all". I'm not sure if she really has the potential to be "annoying" or not.  And then I remember Meghan.

Sara Haines has been a co-host on this show for two seasons now. She also started out as guest co-host three years ago. She had a baby right after? Before Christmas, and has been on maternity leave. And just returned today.

• Love 3

I like Sara but the lighthearted stuff brings out the worst in WG and this show is almost unbearable anymore with MM and WG.  So idk how I feel.  It's a different show since SH left. Meghan brings every conversation to a screeching stop,because she argues things that don't matter imo. Devos is horrible and even Meg should able to admit it. I admit idk what she was even arguing about. Her friend blah blah blah. 

Damn , how many times will we have hear about Clinton and the oral sex bullshit.  I get it Trump has changed the presidency and yeah no one should be surprised by him but it is absolutely disgusting. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 18

Enough with that valley girl voice Whoopi!!

Although I didn't like the design, I thought Meghan looked good in pink.

I like Sara, but if I'm honest with myself, when I saw her today, I thought Oh good she's back, but as the show went on, I kind of missed having the different guest co-hosts.

I kind of wish they would start a rotation, where Paula, Sara, and Meghan, would rotate days with other guest co hosts.

Is Paula suppose to be on every Friday? Cause I feel like she is only on now once or twice a month, instead of every Friday.

• Love 8

Shut up, Meh-gan. Condemn Betsy Wetsy as the uneducated a-hole that she is. Stop trying to co-opt the conversation and please, inform me as to exactly 'what' the conservative policy in education is. (Thank you, blondiec0332).

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

As a Conservative she was complaining that her fellow Conservatives are depicted as not being interested in education.  As a Conservative nothing could be further from the truth!  Just listen to these unsubstantiated Conservative statistics citing the decline in crime rates due to vouchers!  As a Conservative she's exhausted with always being portrayed as the villain. As a Conservative. 

You all know who Betsy DeVos's brother is, right?

Oh, I can help you with that.  Vouchers.  And arming teachers.

Don't forget defunding public education, they cannot eradicate it, because it is against the law. However,  they will sabotage it, to the point, where you will have to go to their school, where you will be protected from liberal indoctrination...Give me a break..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

Don't forget defunding public education, they cannot eradicate it, because it is against the law, but, they will sabotage it, to the point, where you will have to go to their school, where you will be protected from liberal indoctrination...Give me a break..

What is not being mentioned is with this voucher system they tout most likely the voucher would not cover the cost of the school you choose for your child.  So either you have to pay out of pocket to make up the difference or you are left sending your child to a woefully underfunded public school.

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I like Sara, but if I'm honest with myself, when I saw her today, I thought Oh good she's back, but as the show went on, I kind of missed having the different guest co-hosts.

I kind of wish they would start a rotation, where Paula, Sara, and Meghan, would rotate days with other guest co hosts.

I kind of wish they would start a rotation, where Meghan was gone.

The jury is still out for me on Sara but don't think I can take her five days a week.   Meghan is starting to make Bitsy seem tolerable.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I kind of wish they would start a rotation, where Meghan was gone.

The jury is still out for me on Sara but don't think I can take her five days a week.   Meghan is starting to make Bitsy seem tolerable.

I would recommend going on YouTube and seeing old clips of the view where Sara is on.  When they discussed Devos pre confirmation...sara basically said that Devos has never gone to public school, never taken out a school loan, nor worked in a public school there for has no business being nominated for the position.  She is usually fair and looks at both sides of the issue.  

With that said, I'm glad the show talked about the coffee house discriminating against cops.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Enough with that valley girl voice Whoopi!!

Although I didn't like the design, I thought Meghan looked good in pink.

Is Paula suppose to be on every Friday? Cause I feel like she is only on now once or twice a month, instead of every Friday.

GMA is Paula's main job. She has filled in for Robin, went to LA to cover the Oscars, and had the flu all in the past few weeks. Hopefully MM takes this Friday off and Ana takes her place with Paula at the table. Then Sara and Paula can resume their After Show. They are so funny together.

• Love 4

I thought it was amusing that Elsa said that she wished Devos could effectively convey the conservative viewpoint to media, through soundbites.  When Elsa herself just demonstrated that she cannot.  She rapid fire recited some stats and blathered on to the point where no one knew what hell her point actually was. When Joy sought clarification, she barked at her: my friend that I had brunch with yesterday!  And Whoopi seemed to want to take her on over the ideology point, but Elsa quickly changed it to "policy".  Elsa always misses the mark on what they are discussing.  Amidst all of the blather, it seems she did in fact agree with the panel that Devos was useless, but it was hard to tell.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

She can't even enjoy a mimosa and an omelet without discussing "policy"?  Jesus Meghan lighten up.

Meggie sure knows how to crater a relationship!!!  If I were Joy, that would be "our last brunch".  You know, loose lips, etc.

Oops, I thought Meggie had lunch with Joy.  Sorry!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
Correction.
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meggie sure knows how to crater a relationship!!!  If I were Joy, that would be "our last brunch".  You know, loose lips, etc.

I'm at work, haven't seen the show yet.   What happened with Joy?  did she and megs have brunch? 

51 minutes ago, bannana said:

I thought it was amusing that Elsa said that she wished Devos could effectively convey the conservative viewpoint to media, through soundbites.  When Elsa herself just demonstrated that she cannot.  She rapid fire recited some stats and blathered on to the point where no one knew what hell her point actually was. When Joy sought clarification, she barked at her: my friend that I had brunch with yesterday!  And Whoopi seemed to want to take her on over the ideology point, but Elsa quickly changed it to "policy".  Elsa always misses the mark on what they are discussing.  Amidst all of the blather, it seems she did in fact agree with the panel that Devos was useless, but it was hard to tell.

@backformore, as @bannana said earlier, that was Meggie's response to Joy when she wanted clarification regarding a pile of b.s. she'd just uttered!!  LOL.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, backformore said:

I'm at work, haven't seen the show yet.   What happened with Joy?  did she and megs have brunch? 

The topic was the Betsy Devos interview on 60 minutes and Meghan said she had brunch with a friend yesterday who worked in conservative education policy. WTF that is.

• Love 10
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

BULLSHIT that what is.

Meghan brought up the fact we have a very poor ranking in the world when it comes to education because of test scores.  That IMO is the problem.  Not all students do well on tests. Doesn't mean they aren't smart and not learning.

1 minute ago, Aquarius said:

Yes, Meghan's brunch friend was named Inez and had some very pithy observations on education policy.  What qualifies Inez as an expert on education policy (other than being Meghan's brunch friend), I was not able to determine, but I do know it's INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING to Meghan that no one will listen to her and Inez about the conservative education policy.  Because they have good points.  And it should be a conversation.  And it's NOT because of the focus on DeVos (don't know, was that a fake news jab? not sure);.  And that is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING.

That was my takeaway.  Meghan is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED that they cannot have this conversation.  When Sunny made some good points about the downside of vouchers and the whole defunding of public education in general, it didn't seem like Meghan wanted to have the conversation, so I don't know exactly what she's INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED about.  But she is.  INCREDIBLY. FRUSTRATED.

I was glad to see Sara back.  Especially when she put up a finger to silence Meghan when she tried to interrupt her.

Meghan is incredibly frustrated because nobody takes her seriously.  And why should they?  She doesn't have kids.  She never went (as far as I know) to public schools.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

I was glad to see Sara back.  Especially when she put up a finger to silence Meghan when she tried to interrupt her.

Oh thanks to the TEEVEE GODS! That someone, SOMEONE is finally doing that! I remember before the Christmas break, how Sara also told Meghan to "let me finish speaking" or something along the lines. Basically, telling Meghan to STFU until she, Sara was done speaking.

• Love 23

Megan has so many friends, guys! And she has brunch with them all of the time!

I really hate using the word shrill to describe a woman because of all of the connotations it has, fuck if the shoe fits. Whoppi, Sara, Joy and Sunny having a rational conversation while Megan gets more and more shrill and huffy over NOTHING. Nobody was disagreeing with her. NOBODY. 

And Megan, stop FUCKING LYING about polls and bringing up Bill Clinton. You misleading, shrill bitch. 

So nice to see Sara back, but I think I'm done with the show. 

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 24

And then you have Whoopie ( the alleged host ) pretending to fall asleep during a discussion she wasn't interested in. The rest of the panel should just ignore her, not point it out. Or even better , they should do the same to her when she starts rambling on about something. 

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, Orillia said:

And then you have Whoopie ( the alleged host ) pretending to fall asleep during a discussion she wasn't interested in. The rest of the panel should just ignore her, not point it out. Or even better , they should do the same to her when she starts rambling on about something. 

Seriously, as this happened, I was "telling" the co-hosts, "Ignore her, ladies, just ignore her," just as I tell my students to ignore the class clown.

Alas, the ladies all turned their attention to her, just as my kindergarten students turn their attention to the class clown!

Oh, brother!

• Love 20
1 hour ago, DB in CMH said:

Megan has so many friends, guys! And she has brunch with them all of the time!

I really hate using the word shrill to describe a woman because of all of the connotations it has, fuck if the shoe fits. Whoppi, Sara, Joy and Sunny having a rational conversation while Megan gets more and more shrill and huffy over NOTHING. Nobody was disagreeing with her. NOBODY. 

And Megan, stop FUCKING LYING about polls and bringing up Bill Clinton. You misleading, shrill bitch. 

So nice to see Sara back, but I think I'm done with the show. 

I think the poll she referenced is one that most disregard because they only call landlines.  But no one has ever pointed that out to her.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan brought up the fact we have a very poor ranking in the world when it comes to education because of test scores.  That IMO is the problem.  Not all students do well on tests. Doesn't mean they aren't smart and not learning.

Meghan is incredibly frustrated because nobody takes her seriously.  And why should they?  She doesn't have kids.  She never went (as far as I know) to public schools.  

I would love to know how much of the poor ranking, etc. has happened since we as a nation have started devaluing public education.  And yes, using test scores as a measure is also very problematic.

I think Meghan is incredibly frustrated because no one is agreeing with her.  That seems to be her definition of a "conversation" - I will tell you the conservative viewpoint and you will listen and agree.  She's not an outlier in her tribe if that is true, in my experience.

• Love 5

I don't know what the show is doing anymore. The amount of commercials is getting ridiculous. Whenever a conversation starts getting interesting, they have to cut to a commercial and then it's a completely new topic. I get that the show needs money, but it's almost a pain watching this live since you blink and everything is done. It's almost easier to just watch the clips on YouTube, since they cover everything that happened.

• Love 13
(edited)

Again, Meghan spouting a whole lotta nothin' just loves to hear herself use big words. And no, DeVoss didn't choke; Stahl didn't give her a "GOTCHA!" question. This corporate shill has had this position for over a year and if she didn't know how to do the job, she fucking well should have worked to learn how to do the job. so STFU Meghan. If there even is such a thing as "Conservative Education Policy." And Gurrrl tried to tell Whoopi she didn't say "ideology" and repeated it twice! So yeah, Whoopi, you DID hear what you thought you heard.

How nice. The man who sits in the Oval Office, who is supposed to be the president of EVERYONE, doesn't think anything is wrong with insulting members of Congress. If ANYONE has a low IQ, it's the man who spent the weekend insulting and belittling other people and calling them sons of bitches. And Meghan? Know why his base loves him? Because he's spouting racist, bigoted things and his base are filled with bigoted, racist ignorants. She's afraid to say the "R" word and I don't mean Republican, because then she'll think EVERYONE will think that SHE'S racist! If one condones it, then one is just as bad as being one.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, bannana said:

I think the poll she referenced is one that most disregard because they only call landlines.  But no one has ever pointed that out to her.

This. (I wish somebody—Sunny!—had said it.) But Meghan herself made that 50% statistic stand out as an outlier because she said the next highest poll was at 40%, a 10-point difference. At least Meghan has misinformation to soothe her enormous ego.

• Love 4