Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 03/12/2018

• Start Topic

Boo to Joy for apologizing! She probably didn't believe a word she was forced to say, so why last that gives me some solace.

I know I said yesterday that I was done with the show, guys, but Megan is truly a virus! She had infected this shows and my brain and is eating both away. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

On a brighter note, how wonderful are Bernadette Peters and Victor Garber?  I hated that they had to do the required obeisance to Queen Whoopi, but other than that it was a pleasant interview.

They were all in the ABC production of Cinderella together! Such a great childhood memory for me. There's a great oral history of it on Shondaland.

8 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Boo to Joy for apologizing! She probably didn't believe a word she was forced to say, so why last that gives me some solace.

Unfortunately, I think it was necessary to effectively kill the story. At my work, we have Apple News on our iPhone that gives you the top news stories from many sources. Amidst all the newspaper articles, or Politico/Vox, The Hollywood Reporter, etc., there is Fox News. As recently as last week they were STILL peddling the "Joy Behar Thinks Christians are Crazy" story.

• Love 13

Imaja: I had to turn it off  after five minutes too, I was screaming so loud "fuck you bitch" that my dog got very frightened. Listen, my dog rules the nest. It was time to watch true life crime shows rather than hear that ugly bloby cow scream, rant and gulp.  What is in that cup?...she sure wraps her nasty greasy mouth around it like it was "last call" at the Downton Disco. ☕

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

They were all in the ABC production of Cinderella together! Such a great childhood memory for me. There's a great oral history of it on Shondaland.

Unfortunately, I think it was necessary to effectively kill the story. At my work, we have Apple News on our iPhone that gives you the top news stories from many sources. Amidst all the newspaper articles, or Politico/Vox, The Hollywood Reporter, etc., there is Fox News. As recently as last week they were STILL peddling the "Joy Behar Thinks Christians are Crazy" story.

Agree as of 2 days ago. I saw a story on my phone  pop up about Joy and the whole "she hates Christians,". So while I hated it, I understand why she had to.

• Love 6

I just wanted to pop back in and say that I, too, yelled at the tv - "Shut up!" while MM was screeching away. I was *very* grateful that she was not on for the last two portions.

I also wanted to mention something that puzzled me - why is Meghan under the impression that she is there to fight and argue. I found that so strange. Who goes on a tv show to fight? She really is a moron.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Imaja: I had to turn it off  after five minutes too, I was screaming so loud "fuck you bitch" that my dog got very frightened. Listen, my dog rules the nest. It was time to watch true life crime shows rather than hear that ugly bloby cow scream, rant and gulp.  What is in that cup?...she sure wraps her nasty greasy mouth around it like it was "last call" at the Downton Disco. ☕

Lol, this cracked me up. I also wonder what is in that cup.

She is ruining this show. 

I admit I tend to lean left on most things. However, don't mind other view points . MM bring nothing worth even listening to. Let alone to have to listen to her scream at the other women. 

• Love 12

"Can I say something? I will say, as a Republican, as a conservative, I have a friend and what about Obama and the Clintons, just what about them??? That is what we need to focus on them, them, them and oh the second amendment."

Meghan is a complete broken record. It is the same thing EVERYDAY!!!

My head hurts.

• Love 24
5 hours ago, Richard said:

Gent, here. 

Meghan was especially insufferable today. If it wasn't for Sunny and Joy (and Sara now) I'd tune out.  

Even with the others I can't stand her and her vitriol.  Let me know when she is gone.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Elsa also made a snide point that it is one thing to lose to Obama, and quite a different thing to lose to Trump.  I guess she thinks losing to the first black President is not as big a loss as losing to Trump.

I took it as meaning just the opposite...and was very surprised.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t see or hear how they’re telling Bernie, Romney to go away; what’s the difference? And Joy? And Sara? Saying you want to see new people? How the Dems are losing? Really? Have you suddenly forgotten the swaths of Democratic wins in the special elections that were discussed on this very show? How most were WOMEN? Two Transgenders? Sunny was the only one who was intelligent today.

I have to admit that I also found everyone’s response to Hillary Clinton very disheartening. Wasn’t Joy saying that Hillary shouldn’t have to just “go away” a few months ago? I may be wrong but I could’ve sworn she said something like that.

Maybe my dislike for Meghan will make my next comment seem biased but I kind of feel like they were saying those things about Hillary as to not cause a mental breakdown of the one Hillary hater at the table. Just seemed out of character for all of them. 

I’m not saying they should support all things Hillary but I was surprised that they were all essentially saying that she should go away.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

VIEW PRODUCERS ... VIEW PRODUCTION ASSISTANTS ...

Are you reading our comments?   Blink five times for yes and just roll your eyes for no.

We're feeling a little tortured out here.

You crack me up.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Sara is a breath of fresh air. I've missed her balanced views on topics and her happiness.

Meghan was looking for a fight today, which makes the show frustrating to watch instead of interesting. I get where Meghan is coming from, but at the same time she still doesn't understand how to have a conversation on the show. Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels like she believes her role is to attack first ask questions later, when it's meant to be a discussion. Difference of opinion doesn't mean attack your views.

Hopefully someone tells her to calm down a bit. It's okay to be a Republican, but being an angry one isn't healthy. Meghan looks like she's going to explode every time someone disagrees with her, which can't be good for her blood pressure.

The funny thing is that Sherri also continued on with that joke saying that it's normal to talk to Jesus and have Jesus talk back (peace be upon him - sorry, I don't mean to be religious here but this is something we say whenever a Prophet is mentioned), she's worried about the length of these conversations.

Joy already apologized for her words and reiterated what she meant, so I don't know why we have to mention this again. My issue is that making fun of Pence isn't allowed, because you're insinuating certain things about Christians. But do those same rules apply for the rest of us? I don't get the outrage here. Meghan also said she was offended, but why is it okay to be offended when Joy is clearly making fun of Pence, but if a Republican says something deplorable about immigrants, Mexicans, Muslims, Jews, etc... we have to separate them from the Republican party? Meghan basically said  this when she brought up the Woman's March leader who is associated with the guy who said something about Hitler. I read that he said this back in 1984 and he apologized for it, so I still say that Meghan's main issue was the white part of his message.

Either it's a two way street, or Meghan (and those who are with her) feel like you can't say anything bad about the Republicans because it's not fair. But everyone else is fair game.

Edit: I just watched this clip again and I felt bad for Sara, because she was trying to get everyone to stop by pressing the bell but no one was shutting up. (it's right at the end)

I noticed that bell but didn't realize it's significance.  Apparently no one else did.

I was disappointed in Sara's comment about Hillary.  

5 hours ago, Haleth said:

On a brighter note, how wonderful are Bernadette Peters and Victor Garber?  I hated that they had to do the required obeisance to Queen Whoopi, but other than that it was a pleasant interview.

I was in NYC one year during the Tonys.  I watched Bernadette exit her limo and walk towards us.   Security stopped her. 

• Love 10

Looking at the clip above, one thing I noticed - Sara has a cute little braid on one side, and on her it looks playful and adorable. 

Meghan has been experimenting with various braid hairstyles.  Today she has a braid on top of her head, and a little bun in the back, and  she looks ridiculous.  

• Love 12

I love that Bernadette, she is the queen of Broadway, and just one of a kind! Garber is just the best best best, remember him in GodSpell anyone? He was in the movie as well. God we were all babies in the 70's...well, not really. Snort. 

• Love 11

Meghan, do you know how to make an overweight person look more overweight?

Pull all  your hair back in tight braids to make your face look even fuller, wear a long multi colored full skirt and a big jacket.

• Love 9

I agree with Alexis that Meghan tries to confuse the issue. There is a big difference between what is stated in the Second Amendment and the right to have every kind of weapon imaginable.

What next?  Making it legitimate to have home biological weapons or atomic bombs? Being against individuals having military level weapons does not mean you are against the Second Amendment.   It is very frustrating to listen to this woman try to skew the conversation. 

• Love 22

The View must have an unwritten pact NOT to ask direct questions to MM---because--you all know why--she can't handle them due to small brain syndrome that only holds talking points approved by youknowwho.   One of the ladies needed to ask her, "How should students show they do not want to get shot in school?"   Or, "How can we protect children in school?" 

I want the other smart ladies to keep re-directing the conversation away from MM's screeching takeovers, ignore her blathering, and keep asking the real questions.  Until her head explodes.

Must see tv for me. :) 

• Love 18

Did anyone else catch Meghan saying she had nobody to go home to when they were talking about going out?  She said I'm the only one at the table without kids so I dont' have anyone at home waiting for me or something to that effect.

• Love 9

Please shut up Meghan!!  What a screech owl.  And Whoopi’s valley girl talk sounds exactly like little Ms. Republican Representative. 

I also hated the incessant and maniacal screaming of Elizabeth Hasslewhatever and was thrilled when she left the show.

Isn’t it interesting how the young conservatives on the panel are always screeching idiots who are so busy interrupting that they never actually hear anybody else’s VIEW? 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

Meghan, do you know how to make an overweight person look more overweight?

Pull all  your hair back in tight braids to make your face look even fuller, wear a long multi colored full skirt and a big jacket.

I wasn't going to comment on it, but, yeah, very very unflattering. 

She has really beautiful hair normally. I don't see how she can think this is a good look on her - it looks so much thinner and a drab color.  

And whoever picks out the clothes must hate her.  Loved the pink on her the other day but usually very odd fit and colors that don't work for her.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Tosia said:

The View must have an unwritten pact NOT to ask direct questions to MM---because--you all know why--she can't handle them due to small brain syndrome that only holds talking points approved by youknowwho.   One of the ladies needed to ask her, "How should students show they do not want to get shot in school?"   Or, "How can we protect children in school?" 

I want the other smart ladies to keep re-directing the conversation away from MM's screeching takeovers, ignore her blathering, and keep asking the real questions.  Until her head explodes.

Must see tv for me. :) 

She said there are times I should just not talk and then she proceeded to talk and of course made it all about her.  These kids marching have a lot more concerns than poor little Meghan wanting to keep owning military style weapons.

• Love 21

Funniest moment was Meghan trying to school Sunny, an attorney that researches things to a t, about the 2nd amendment.  Priceless.

I will say whoopi did good in shutting down Megan's fake news/fear mongering tantrums.  Sara has nicely not let Meghan over talk her...and I love how Meghan says she speaks for middle America, yet Sara Haines grew up in Iowa..which is middle America.  Hilarious.

• Love 24
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Did anyone else catch Meghan saying she had nobody to go home to when they were talking about going out?  She said I'm the only one at the table without kids so I dont' have anyone at home waiting for me or something to that effect.

I thought she said, "I have somebody to go home to," meaning after a long night of partying she could go home and have drunk sex with her husband. I could be wrong lol. 

• Love 3

If I'm recalling correctly (and I've already deleted my DVR so I can't go back and check), didn't MM start out by saying that given the topic (student protests/guns/schools that she would not comment on the subject......then went on a verbal rampage that went on for what seemed like an hour.  My first thought, when she said she'd be mum, was, "Great!  Finally!  Now go home", but as soon as she said she wouldn't be commenting, she wouldn't shut her pie-hole.  I changed the channel, then deleted what I'd just begun recording. 

• Love 19
Just now, JAYJAY1979 said:

Funniest moment was Meghan trying to school Sunny, an attorney that researches things to a t, about the 2nd amendment.  Priceless.

I will say whoopi did good in shutting down Megan's fake news/fear mongering tantrums.  Sara has nicely not let Meghan over talk her...and I love how Meghan says she speaks for middle America, yet Sara Haines grew up in Iowa..which is middle America.  Hilarious.

Sara even nicely asked the other ladies, "Nobody here is anti-Second Amendment, right?" I mean, duhhh. The fact that that had to be asked to appease Mrs. Proud NRA Member is ridiculous. They've all made it very clear that they aren't against the Second Amendment. 

You could see the impatience growing in Whoopi's face and her physical reaction when Meghan basically kept repeating herself. Meghan lacks basic comprehension skills and that's not good when you're on a show based on having open and honest discussions. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan lacks basic comprehension skills and that's not good when you're on a show based on having open and honest discussions. 

I'm not sure she lacks them.  I think she just doesn't care.  She is a special snowflake who's point of view is the only one that deserves to be heard.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

If I'm recalling correctly (and I've already deleted my DVR so I can't go back and check), didn't MM start out by saying that given the topic (student protests/guns/schools that she would not comment on the subject......then went on a verbal rampage that went on for what seemed like an hour. 

That's exactly what she did! Turned the whole thing into a conversation about her.

• Love 12

Meghan.."I shouldn't be part of this discussion",  then proceeded to talk and talk till they went to break. It annoyed me but I had to laugh.  

Yes, the whole thing turned into how this affects MM .

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 15
18 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

You could see the impatience growing in Whoopi's face and her physical reaction when Meghan basically kept repeating herself. Meghan lacks basic comprehension skills and that's not good when you're on a show based on having open and honest discussions. 

It also might be "can barely listen because what I must spit out is MORE URGENT...MORE IMPORTANT."

2 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

So Meghan has no idea that Sara is from Iowa? I loved Sara's reaction when Meghan was trying to say she is the only one from a gun friendly state.

2017 Statistics:  Iowa is #16 in gun ownership: 43% of the population.   Arizona is #38 with 31%.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Former Nun said:

It also might be "can barely listen because what I must spit out is MORE URGENT...MORE IMPORTANT."

Spoiled little rich girl. Barf.

19 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm not sure she lacks them.  I think she just doesn't care.  She is a special snowflake who's point of view is the only one that deserves to be heard.

She's not used to being challenged so she covers her ears, sticks her tongue out and pretends she can't hear you unless you agree with her.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

2017 Statistics:  Iowa is #16 in gun ownership: 43% of the population.   Arizona is #38 with 31%.

Great stat! I was baffled when Meghan said it.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She said there are times I should just not talk and then she proceeded to talk and of course made it all about her.  These kids marching have a lot more concerns than poor little Meghan wanting to keep owning military style weapons.

I know!  For someone who said she shouldn’t speak on the matter she sure had a lot to say!  For a moment I thought it was going to be a pleasant show with Meghan muzzling herself. She just couldn’t resist playing the victim. Oh, those poor gun owners. No one understands except her.

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Spoiled little rich girl. Barf.

She's not used to being challenged so she covers her ears, sticks her tongue out and pretends she can't hear you unless you agree with her.

Or rolls her eyes, huffs, looks at the audience, gulps her coffee, looks at the camera, repeat.........

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Sara even nicely asked the other ladies, "Nobody here is anti-Second Amendment, right?" I mean, duhhh. The fact that that had to be asked to appease Mrs. Proud NRA Member is ridiculous. They've all made it very clear that they aren't against the Second Amendment. 

And this is why she is ruining the show . Everyone is trying to make nice with the big baby at the table. Yet, she is never considerate of the other women . She's rude and condensing.  They are all adults and yet they make sure she's ok and say see meggie we're not taking your gun were saying blah blah. They can't have a conversation because this big ass baby is at the table. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 24

She didn't feel she should comment today so instead she just turned up the vitriol.  Now she is going after students who survived a mass shooting, by saying they are getting more attention in the media than another student she named.

She was back wriggling in her chair, and has now added coughing, when she disagrees with Sunny, as well as muttering under breath.  She actually pissed Whoopi off!

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

She didn't feel she should comment today so instead she just turned up the vitriol.  Now she is going after students who survived a mass shooting, by saying they are getting more attention in the media than another student she named.

HIs name was Kyle and I wasn't really paying attention so I don't know what she was saying about him.  But I did  hear her bring up students in Texas. I'm pretty sure students in Texas don't want to be shot either.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, imjagain said:

They are all adults and yet they make sure she's ok and say see meggie we're not taking your gun were saying blah blah. They can't have a conversation because this big ass baby is at the table. 

It's sickening, especially when Whoopi got up and high-fived her and gave her a hug. So awkward.

1 minute ago, bannana said:

She was back wriggling in her chair, and has now added coughing, when she disagrees with Sunny, as well as muttering under breath.  She actually pissed Whoopi off!

That coughing sounded so fake. I wonder if she has some signals for her friends watching, like when she's annoyed or something? Maybe that's why she'll randomly look at the camera or sip her endless amount of whatever out of that mug. Sounds stupid and childish but I wouldn't put it past her.

• Love 13