Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 03/12/2018

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Tosia said:

I thought Joy was making a joke with the high heel quote. 

Still love her, even on an off day.

She was giving an actual quote that was from the 70's during the women's movement.  Maybe I'm just touchy but I didn't find it funny.

1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Wow, the hypocrisy is STUNNING!!!

Good grief.  I dont rememeber President O'bama dogging President Bush when the office changed over.  Thats because he didnt. He was a professional and a gentleman.  I am so sick of big bad mr. T.  Has MM reacted?  Im sure we will hear abt it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I loved Sunny's pants but I would have worn a different color shirt.

I loved her pants ,sadly I could never wear them. I'm short and would probably look ridiculous but I really loved sunny in them.

Good show,  everyone was laughing and having a great time .

I saw stormys lawyer on morning Joe,  he had nice eyes (sorry to be shallow lol)

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I loved her pants ,sadly I could never wear them. I'm short and would probably look ridiculous but I really loved sunny in them.

I'm only 5'4" but I have long legs.  I would wear those pants with platforms heels.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I wore (at least) 3" heels to work & socially from 18 to 70 ... never had a problem ... so ....

I made it to 54...but then bad knees (nothing to do with heels) put a stop to them.  I like the "at least," because I usually wore high spiky heels.   I graduated from high school in '58 and those beautifully pointed beauties had come into fashion...much to the dismay and criticism of my older female coworkers.  Also, no bunions or corns.  Did have a "pump bump" for a few years until I learned I was not a "B," I was an "AA."

50 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She was giving an actual quote that was from the 70's during the women's movement. 

Guess you had to be there (like me).

• Love 3

What a good show today. Took me back to the pre-Hasselbeck days when everyone at the table acted like a mature adult. Of course, we'll probably never be rid of Whoopi, but hopefully Ana will replace McCain next season.

If the travel is what would be an issue, she could always co-host Monday through Wednesday only. The show would be fine with four co-hosts on Thursday and Paula to fill in the 5th seat on Friday.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

The higher the heel...the closer to God!

Ha!  I was thinking that too.  If Joy had said this she would be apologizing to heel wearers AND Christians.

You all who are not suffering the consequences of wearing heels are lucky.  

2 hours ago, Tammee said:

President O'bama 

Happy St Patrick's Day?  (Sorry, I couldn't resist. ?)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7

Yes, this was a good show today!  I needed this bright spot heading into the weekend.  I adore Sara and so glad she is back. 

I love this forum.  I have had family here all week and didn’t get a chance to watch but no problem, you all covered it with enough detail I only had to tune in today to see Sunny’s pants.  Love them, odd top to wear though.  A close fitting black top would be better.  

What did it say on Joys T shirt? 

Stormy’s lawyer is sexy and I am sure smart too.  :>  

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Gals, we had a calm sober day....no MM, or Whoopie, THAT SHOW WAS GREAT.... I actually have no complaints. But, I am drinking a cocktail to celebrate, let us not get too crazy? Burp.  Yahoooooooooo. 

... don't forget our "dudes"!!!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

She said her boyfriend found out he's part Irish so she has some Irish ******* in her too. I think we can all figure out what word they bleeped out.

I don't think it was even that bad!  Joy made a joke about Sara having some Irish in her, and Sara said, naughty.  Then, Ana said her boyfriend is Irish so she has some Irish in her too.  I think that is all they bleeped.  And the ladies seemed quite horrified, but it was actually kind of funny.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Former Nun said:

The show isn't on here (Meghan's home state), but I found this info online (DoDOODad.com)???  Included was photo of Ana and Gene; he's blonde.  I cut out the annyoing lovey-dovey stuff (and put it at the bottom).  

Ana Navarro is  dating Gene Prescott -the president of Coral Gable's Biltmore Hotel. ...it seems the lovebirds have been dating for a long time.  Gene is 26 years older than Ana. 

Here's the original:  Ana Navarro is off the market after there comes news that she is happily dating Gene Prescott- the president of Coral Gable's Biltmore Hotel. However, Ana and Gene have not revealed the year they started dating each other but it seems that the lovebirds have been dating for a long time. Gene is 26 years older than Ana and we are quite clear about the facts that when you truly love someone, age doesn't matter whether it's a difference of 2 years or 26 years. LOVE IS LOVE.

It appears they have been together for some time.  He looks so much older than her, probably because she looks younger than her age and he looks older.  But if they are happy, that is all that matters.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, bannana said:

I don't think it was even that bad!  Joy made a joke about Sara having some Irish in her, and Sara said, naughty.  Then, Ana said her boyfriend is Irish so she has some Irish in her too.  I think that is all they bleeped.  And the ladies seemed quite horrified, but it was actually kind of funny.

Call me an idiot, but I still can't figure out what Ana said!!??

Just now, Medicine Crow said:

Call me an idiot, but I still can't figure out what Ana said!!??

HaHa @Medicine Crow!!!

Her boyfriend is Irish so....she has some Irish in her, meaning, he put his Irish peen in her.  It was actually the same joke Joy made earlier but nobody really caught, re Sara, but Ana really put it out there.  And then all the ladies were like, whoa, shading their eyes, etc.  It was funny though.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, bannana said:

He looks so much older than her, probably because she looks younger than her age and he looks older.

She's 46...and he's 72.    

5 hours ago, bannana said:

And then all the ladies were like, whoa, shading their eyes, etc. 

"Shading their eyes."   I've thought of that as hypocritical since I was in my 20s.  

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ha!  I was thinking that too.  If Joy had said this she would be apologizing to heel wearers AND Christians.

You all who are not suffering the consequences of wearing heels are lucky.  

Happy St Patrick's Day?  (Sorry, I couldn't resist. ?)

Hah!  :)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I think some fabulous queen needs to make a youtube video like that little gay guy did for Britney Spears, LEAVE JOY ALONE! JUST LEAVE HER ALONE. Snort.

Hah!  Exactly! That was classic

Neither my Mom or Nana wore high heels so I never had much interest trying. I remember being young wondering how women walked in them. Joy was joking about high heels and quoted a line from back in the day that to me was pretty mild. She never implied that women that wore/wear them are dumb. She got enough flack for that Pence thing I don't feel like adding to it over high heels. 

I deleted every episode Elsa was on this week because I didn't want to have to see her contorted facial expressions or listen to her rich bitch whining. I enjoyed Friday's show since she and Whoopi were absent. The addition of shilling stuff on Fridays too isn't making me too happy though.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I remember being young wondering how women walked in them.

My mother wore (initially) platform heels to work and walked two miles to get her first bus i 1950.  We weren't in the city yet (Phoenix) and didn't have sidewalks...some roads weren't even paved.  In later years (much later) I wondered why those ladies* didn't wear sneakers or flats on those long uneven walks and change into heels at work.

*Of course, I began doing the same thing in 1958.

12 hours ago, maggiemae said:

LOL - I always wore heels too - for decades. But not the 4 inch (or whatever they are) - they were called fuck me shoes back in the day and not professional.

Here the 4" spike heels were called "hooker heels", but I liked them from time to time.

• Love 1

I wore funky platforms in High School.  why?  Because my sister did.   I would walk fine in them until someone would say, " how can she walk in those shoes?"  Then I  would trip on a pebble or something.  

Now, hell noes.  Just no.  Sneakers. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Here the 4" spike heels were called "hooker heels", but I liked them from time to time.

Guys where I worked called 'em "fuck-me pumps," and most of the time they were NOT pumps...but strappy high heels.  

• Love 1

But Friday was lovely! I took a photo of the show earlier in the week and pinned it to my twitter feed. Sunny was giving MM stank face so I captioned it...My face when I listen to MM @ the view 

I swear she was thinking about where to hide the body!

• Love 1
(edited)

Caught up on last week's episodes, and I must have blinked and missed the line where Sunny told Meghan that she got her "law degree" in "law school." I thought, from reading the comments here, it was on the episode where she denigrated Krugman, and lauded Kudlow. And since it wasn't there, and since they weren't mocked, I'll just say that the research guy needs to watch The Daily Show with Trevor Noah going forward for when the ladies can't seem to prove Meghan wrong, like he did on his show, to prove what an incompetent, narcissistic BOOB he is. 

Also, Whoopi got it WRONG, and NO ONE thought to correct her? Not even the producers in her ear??? When she was readingsofasttolisteverything that Hawking was known for, she said "he also thought that time travel wasn't possible." NO. What he said was he thought it was "theoretically POSSIBLE," you ignorant ass. They needed Neil DeGrasse Tyson on the panel that day.

Or the most eyerollworthy mispronunciation of generally, by one Ms. McCain: "generalallly.'

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

Caught the 3/15 repeat today.  That was some load of shit Meghan was spewing about the being called out as a Republican while shopping for sex toys.  Even she didn't look like she believed any of it.

Also, I learned today that she exists on a diet of salt (perhaps other minerals) and water.  Because she eats neither animal nor vegetable.

Whoopi:  Meat or vegetarian?

Meghan:  What do you think??  NO!

Ugh, she's such an idiot.

I did enjoy the segment with Ricky Gervais, though.  He is not an idiot.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

She also said that she has very few genuine friends, which is ridiculous considering that every right wing talking head that comes on the show is her "good friend."

Just proof that nothing that comes out of her mouth is the truth!

• Love 6