Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 03/12/2018

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, backformore said:

I want someone to point out that the students protesting was not about the second amendment.  It was about the FIRST amendment.  

Whoopi and Sunny actually did bring up the First Amendment. Sunny pointed to a particular case that ruled in favor of students protesting but I don't remember the specifics.

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Meghan, do you know how to make an overweight person look more overweight?

Pull all  your hair back in tight braids to make your face look even fuller, wear a long multi colored full skirt and a big jacket.

I agree with her about body shaming. I thought she looked beautiful today, and I want that jacket. I thought both she and Sara looked great with the braids.

I enjoyed the discussion today, and didn't fast forward through it. This is what I want from The View, intelligent debate about current topics.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

I want someone to point out that the students protesting was not about the second amendment.  It was about the FIRST amendment.  

Meghan was repeatedly told this by her fellow co hosts.  She just refused to hear it.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

That coughing sounded so fake. I wonder if she has some signals for her friends watching, like when she's annoyed or something? Maybe that's why she'll randomly look at the camera or sip her endless amount of whatever out of that mug. Sounds stupid and childish but I wouldn't put it past her.

One-Thousand hearts!!!

• Love 17

I thought the show got off to a good start, with Sunny and Sara congratulating the students on their civic participation, even though most of them can't vote. Personally, I believe that apathy is incredibly destructive to the political process. Then Meghan spoke. Part of her problem is that she can't talk to or with the other ladies. She just responds to Internet Liberals, not actual people (despite her repetition of the word "nuance"). As everyone else was speaking of young people protesting, Meghan argues that pro-Second Amendment doesn't mean pro-gun violence, which is true, but also unrelated to the conversation

Also: While Megan chooses to wring her hands over the Poor Hunting Kids of Texas and Rural America*, does it ever occur to her that there are hunters who live in NYC? Or does the USA that exists in her mind only consist of stereotypes (Surfer Hippie Californians, Mafioso New Yawkas, Churchgoing Midwestern Sports Fans, Blanche Devereaux Southern Belles, New England Fishermen/Ivy Leaguers, etc.)?

On a positive note, I liked Lena's Whoopi story--I liked her whole segment, actually, and Sara looked nice.

*while, as bannana pointed out, subtly insulting kids who survived a mass shooting.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Whoopi and Sunny actually did bring up the First Amendment. Sunny pointed to a particular case that ruled in favor of students protesting but I don't remember the specifics.

2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan was repeatedly told this by her fellow co hosts.  She just refused to hear it.

OK, sorry.  I missed that.  I only caught part of the show today, before work. I hear Meghan talk about being from "gun country" which bothered me a lot, given the context that students just want to be safe from getting shot at school. 

Sara and Meghan wore similar hairstyles today.  Once again, Sara's looked cute.  But that's really not the most flattering style for Meghan.  her haircolor is too light, her face too round, the pink of her scalp shows through too much.  the dark eye makeup is also too much of a contrast with her light skin and hair.   There have been a few days that Meghan wore her hair down and it looked lovely.  Not everyone looks good with hair pulled back tightly.  I don't know what her natural color is, but she would look so much better with a softer style and color.  there are less harsh shades of blonde.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I thought the show got off to a good start, with Sunny and Sara congratulating the students on their civic participation, even though most of them can't vote. Personally, I believe that apathy is incredibly destructive to the political process. Then Meghan spoke. Part of her problem is that she can't talk to or with the other ladies. She just responds to Internet Liberals, not actual people (despite her repetition of the word "nuance"). As everyone else was speaking of young people protesting, Meghan argues that pro-Second Amendment doesn't mean pro-gun violence, which is true, but also unrelated to the conversation

Also: While Megan chooses to wring her hands over the Poor Hunting Kids of Texas and Rural America*, does it ever occur to her that there are hunters who live in NYC? Or does the USA that exists in her mind only consist of stereotypes (Surfer Hippie Californians, Mafioso New Yawkas, Churchgoing Midwestern Sports Fans, Blanche Devereaux Southern Belles, New England Fishermen/Ivy Leaguers, etc.)?

On a positive note, I liked Lena's Whoopi story--I liked her whole segment, actually, and Sara looked nice.

*while, as bannana pointed out, subtly insulting kids who survived a mass shooting.

Ding ding ding! I think you just nailed it. She's busy arguing the with "liberals" online and not having a discussion with her cohost.

• Love 16
32 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

She just responds to Internet Liberals, not actual people (despite her repetition of the word "nuance").

For someone who doesn't want to be stereotyped she sure does seem to stereotype "liberals".  

32 minutes ago, backformore said:

OK, sorry.  I missed that.  I only caught part of the show today, before work. I hear Meghan talk about being from "gun country" which bothered me a lot, given the context that students just want to be safe from getting shot at school. 

I'm pretty sure there are people who live in "gun country" that don't  live and breathe by the Second Amendment.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 22
9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

For someone who doesn't want to be stereotyped she sure does seem to stereotype "liberals".  

I'm pretty sure there are people who live in "gun country" that don't  live and breathe by the Second Amendment.

She also needs to realize that gun lovers are not in just rural America. They exist in the Urban areas as well.   I would love to ask Megan, what other amendment in the constitution does she like, does she even know about the one that gave her the right to vote.. She is an ignoramus playing a role. She knows nothing about conservatism. She just repeats talking points, wash, rinse, repeat.  She does not want to have a robust debate with the ladies that will challenge her beliefs and grow..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

She also needs to realize that gun lovers are not in just rural America. They exist in the Urban areas as well.   I would love to ask Megan, what other amendment in the constitution does she like, does she even know about the one that gave her the right to vote.. She is an ignoramus playing a role. She knows nothing about conservatism. She just repeats talking points, wash, rinse, repeat.  She does not want to have a robust debate with the ladies that will challenge her beliefs and grow..

She reminds me of Elisabeth.  Without her blue cards she was at a loss as to what to say.

I bet Meghan can't even articulate why the Second Amendment is so important to her.  She would probably spout off something about the culture she grew up in blah blah blah.

I liked hearing Condi Rice's reason for being pro Second Amendment.  Her father grew up in the South and as a black man he needed a weapon for protection.

• Love 14

Isn't she from Scottsdale Arizona? Population 250,000? Saying she's from gun country is like saying Philadelphians are from gun country because hunting is popular in Pennsylvania. 

Come on Megan, it's not like your from rural Wyoming. 

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Isn't she from Scottsdale Arizona? Population 250,000? Saying she's from gun country is like saying Philadelphians are from gun country because hunting is popular in Pennsylvania. 

Come on Megan, it's not like your from rural Wyoming. 

She is trying to portray herself as just your typical conservative Republican from the heartland.  Who just happens to be a trust fund baby and has never had to work a day in her life.

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Isn't she from Scottsdale Arizona? Population 250,000?

I don't think she ever lived in Scottsdale.  She was born in Phoenix in 1984.  Population in 2000 (when she was in a Catholic girls' high school just down the road from her home) was 1.327 million.  I've lived here all my life (since 1940) and don't recall that we've been described as "gun country."  We ARE a red state and  "the west" even though we're southwest...and we're becoming more L.A. every day.

• Love 15
35 minutes ago, Ms. Anthrope said:

Yes, Whoopi, the kids are marching against the NRA. It is very much a part of the issue. And politics is on the menu, too. These students are marching to be seen and heard by their representatives who can affect the change that will save lives. I'm unclear on why Whoopi tried to distance these brave students from their true intention. Not political? These kids were literally speaking on Capitol Hill today!

Pro-tip to Whoopi: large marches that feature people voicing dissent are inherently political. 

Favorite part of the show? MM saying something like, "I know today I should be quiet and just listen." And then promptly using the segment to filibuster on her pro-NRA talking points.

Pro-tip to MM: Listening requires the act of being silent. 

A bit about Tuesday's show...
This is a program featuring five women espousing their views on topics ranging from politics to celebrity to everything in between. Emphasis on women. I like Sara. I really, really do. She seems caring, empathetic and kind. I cannot understand how a woman who is fairly progressive, can comfortably tell another woman, Hilary Clinton to "go away." HRC, who was a well-liked SoS and popular Senator, as well as FLOTUS, should go away? Stop talking? Stop espousing her, dare I say...views?

Also, they did a total disservice to that segment on HRC's talk in India. But that's to be expected. What isn't to be expected, or rather, shouldn't be expected, is women on a nationally televised talk show telling an accomplished leader to "go away." I expect that from MM. I can tune her diatribes out. But hearing any of these other women suggest that HRC's voice is not important, especially now, is incomprehensible. 

Welcome aboard!!!  A new opinion is always valued here. 

• Love 13

Meghan is doing a huge disservice to her "people".  She is making it sound like all they care about is the Second Amendment.   She is a broken record. Every day it's the same thing with her. The topic could be the weather and she would say well when it's rainy this weapon is a better choice.  Enough already.

• Love 18

I wish MM would actually *listen* to the conversations going on around her and not immediately think that someone was going to stab her in the back. It is exhausting to watch and listen to her. I will never be for the NRA - yet, every fucking day she says the *same* thing - "a proud member of the NRA" - OMG! I did not *know* that!!! 

And the march is *not* about you, MM. 

• Love 18

Does anyone know if the show is contractually obligated to bring up Kardashian topics? They never go over well. Whoopi introduces them with her valley girl voice (like okay here comes the stupid stuff) someone tries to interpret what she was trying to say and then everyone on the panel throws in a one liner. There's no discussion. It's just a throwaway topic, a waste time. Unless big bucks are involved, I guess.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

It's always fun to see our comments go PINK.    Today two are on Page 4.    Good goin', Cyranetta and Kenz.

Thank you for posting this.  Swear, I was just about to post an off topic as to why some comments are pink.

Sorry, a bit new here - the number of 'likes', correct?

• Love 13

Me too Kenz, I have to come to this forum every day to calm down. I hate her so, but what can I say, I like watching The View, I can't help myself.  I like to watch the Voice too, and it drives me up the wall. But at least I have finally parted ways with American Idol. Oy Vey.  Anything can happen. Enough already. 

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think it would be a nice idea if the non-Meghan hosts agreed one day that they would simply listen to Meghan's rants, and simply nod, say nothing in response, then continue with what they were saying.     Politely listen until she finally stops talking, ask "do you feel you've said everything you wanted to?", then let the adults .  

I love this! A bloody brilliant idea! Whoopi reads the topic, someone starts to talk, knowing she will interrupt.  She does. Crickets from the panel. She makes her point finally and stops talking.  No acknowledgment, no response, no nothing from the panel. Then the panel person maybe says something like 'as I was saying'.....except I wouldn't ask her if she was done.  That just gives her the opportunity to spout more crap. 

I remember a lesson that stuck with me.  I was just starting my work career, pretty grsen.   Well I was getting a weird vibe from a new co worker, so asked if something was wrong. She said oh no, no worries. She said when she has a problem with someone, thats it, they are gone. Don't exist in her world anymore. That always stuck with me.  I like it.

Edited by Tammee
More ponderings
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Kenz said:

I don't think I could continue watching this show without this forum. I'm on the West Coast and record the show for watching later in the day when I can FF through the commercials. Watching Meghan McCain every day is having an effect on my blood pressure. Her constant bitchiness and repetitive, nonsensical tirades drive me up the wall. Why do I submit myself to this? It's because I can read this forum and take in all of the well written, intelligent comments about her behavior. I know this may not be healthy, but I feel comforted that others feel the same way about this woman. The only good thing I can say about her is that she has a nice laugh. I'm looking forward to the day she blows up in a rage and walks away from the show forever. (I'm afraid they will never fire her.) In the meantime, thanks to those who write so well on this forum!

This why I still watch too. You all make watching this show worth it. 

• Love 16
49 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Does anyone know if the show is contractually obligated to bring up Kardashian topics? They never go over well. Whoopi introduces them with her valley girl voice (like okay here comes the stupid stuff) someone tries to interpret what she was trying to say and then everyone on the panel throws in a one liner. There's no discussion. It's just a throwaway topic, a waste time. Unless big bucks are involved, I guess.  

I think Whoopi welcomes any excuse to do her valley girl voice. Because it's so very funny and clever, y'know.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She dislikes those kids because they challenged and jeered her friend Dana, at the town hall, the same "friend" that mocked her and called her an ignoramus. 

Whoopie was trying to keep her cool with Megan who wanted to smear those kids for exercising their first amendment rights. 

Sunny is starting to push back against Megan, by, telling her that she went to Law School, so, she is well versed in the constitution and that includes her favorite, the second amendment.

I forgot about that.  Why did she even bring up the town hall, it had nothing to do with the topic.  She derails every topic, even when she avows that she should not comment.

17 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I think Whoopi welcomes any excuse to do her valley girl voice. Because it's so very funny and clever, y'know.

And for some reason Joy is lately egging her on.

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I missed some of the hot topics. Did they discuss the election in PA?

I didn't see the entire show, but I don't think they discussed it.

• Love 4
On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎13 at 4:36 PM, Kenz said:

It's too bad that Meghan used another big word today, sycophant. It's sad that she doesn't know enough about politics to know that President Obama had plenty of Republicans in his administration during his eight years in office, including two Secretary of Defense appointments, Chairman of the Fed, many ambassadors, and several members of his cabinet, in addition to his political rival, Secretary of State Clinton. So don't go claiming that Trump is anything like President Obama in hiring sycophants, Miss Political Know it All. Or maybe she just likes throwing out lies.

And this was when she kept repeating to Sunny, but looking in her cup, at the monitor, or at the camera: that is 100% inaccurate, it is factually inaccurate.  Even as Whoopi was trying to shut her up.

Thank you to everyone who posted that the march is about the NRA and its power.  Poor Elsa was bewildered because Whoopi kept assuring her and us that it was just about kids marching and they want something to be done.  But Elsa is Whoopi's protected one, so she has a hard time contradicting her.  Oh how I wish she came right out and said you are wrong, Whoopi!

Edited by bannana
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I thought the show got off to a good start, with Sunny and Sara congratulating the students on their civic participation, even though most of them can't vote. Personally, I believe that apathy is incredibly destructive to the political process

I was subbing at a high school today and was so proud of the kids doing a walkout.  All the teachers and staff applauded them.  Unlike the other generations, Gen Z or igeneration, which I love, is tuned in and ready for action.  These kids are going to get things done and will be a huge voting block in the future.  I feel good knowing they are coming up.

4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She also needs to realize that gun lovers are not in just rural America.

Detroit area here and here in Michigan we do have an "up north".  My family has been living in the Detroit area for generations and have hunted for generations.  No one talks about guns and they are not shown in the home.  Family members who hunt or shoot skeet used to be NRA members but no longer are for they don't like the direction of the politics of the group.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

OMG, YAAASSSSSS!   When I'm standing in front of some online firing squad (blindfolded), someone will add to my torture by playing Whoopi Does Valley Girl on the P.A. system.

• Love 12

I’ve been home the past 3 weeks.  This is first time in awhile I’ve been able watch the view on regular basis.  Love this panel of women, except Megan.  Not because she’s conservative (I enjoy Ana Navarro and Nicole Wallace).  But because she’s way out of her depth.  One thing I’ve also notice is that they seem to remove Megan from segments with liberal guests or causes, such as Lena Waithe.  Was wondering why.  Did she insult someone previously, or is she unable to have a conversation about people who don’t live like her?

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I’ve been home the past 3 weeks.  This is first time in awhile I’ve been able watch the view on regular basis.  Love this panel of women, except Megan.  Not because she’s conservative (I enjoy Ana Navarro and Nicole Wallace).  But because she’s way out of her depth.  One thing I’ve also notice is that they seem to remove Megan from segments with liberal guests or causes, such as Lena Waithe.  Was wondering why.  Did she insult someone previously, or is she unable to have a conversation about people who don’t live like her?

She's been snippy & out-right rude to some Liberal guests, so I'm guessing that's the reason, but "who knows".

... &, FWIW, Whoopi continues to blather on about subjects/situations she knows nothing about & that adds to the Meggie frustration.  Whoopi doesn't shut her down as often as she should.  Just sayin'.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Doesn't really bother me.  Do you think she's mocking MM?

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Doesn't really bother me.  Do you think she's mocking MM?

Nah, she's been doing since way before MM. I believe others have mentioned it's a shtick from her early stand-up comedy days.

• Love 6
On 3/12/2018 at 2:52 PM, rcc said:

GMA is Paula's main job. She has filled in for Robin, went to LA to cover the Oscars, and had the flu all in the past few weeks. Hopefully MM takes this Friday off and Ana takes her place with Paula at the table. Then Sara and Paula can resume their After Show. They are so funny together.

I so agree.  I like them together.  I also miss the After the View sessions with the audience.  There they could talk about any topic and not have to hear that horrid Valley Girl voice or deal with the other shenanigans of the moderator.  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I wouldn't mind the valley girl voice so much if it was any good.  But it's so bad.  It's even worse than Meggie's, which by the way, where the hell did that come from?  Is that the way they speak in Arizona?  Never been there; maybe they do. ?   p.s.  Son #2 drove across the country a few years back (MA to CA) and said Arizona was absolutely gorgeous.  It's ironic that such a sourpuss like MM is from such a beautiful place.   

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Is that the way they speak in Arizona?  Never been there; maybe they do.

We do not!  Several years ago when all the teen girls featured on TV were speaking "Valley Girl," local girls copied...just like that snotty neck roll some adopted.  We do, however, have pockets of accents...mostly a western/cowboy twang in the smaller rural areas.   

• Love 11