Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 03/12/2018

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ms. Anthrope said:

Hello, and welcome to this edition of: Thursday Therapy for The View Addicts!
(With full credit to the O.P. who said this forum is like a therapy session. Truth.)

First, a few thoughts for MM:
Being an economist does not mean "someone who predicts stock market rises & falls." It's actually quite a bit more complicated than simply making predictions. But, because The View's approach to complex topics is facile at best, allow me to at least ask, "What the fuck does David Cay Johnston have to do with the Larry Kudlow becoming Trump's Economic Adviser?"

David Cay Johnston is an investigative journalist. Journalist. He writes. Words. About the economy and money. BUT HE'S NOT AN ECONOMIC ADVISER NOR HAS HE EVER BEEN.*

Allowing MM to read off a list of names and disparage the careers of David Cay Johnston and Paul Krugman was really something to behold. Both Krugman AND Kudlow worked for Reagan. Krugman has had a long and illustrious career, written tons of books and has over a dozen awards to his name. Kudlow has a former coke habit. (DCJ is also a Pulitzer winner.)

BUT, The View must let MM have her rant so The View can comfortably say they're covering BOTH SIDES. 

Speaking of "both sides," that seems to be the role they've established for Sara. She may want to read-up on the McCabe story before declaring that there are "two sides" to the issue" of his firing.  This is a purely political revenge play that's been crafted by the right.

I cannot understand, fathom or comprehend how these women, who have far more resources and access to information than the majority of the population, somehow can't manage to be informed on a topic before speaking about it in front of millions of people. 

I fully agree with Sunny: there is very little appreciation of education and knowledge in this country. And that example is so clearly seen on each episode of The View...

*Perhaps he's advised someone economically in his lifetime. 

Krugman was awarded a Nobel prize in ecomomics on 2008, but Megs doesn't trust econonmists because what do they know? Oh, dem damned elite eductated libruls! Can't even even buy  a sex toy in NYC without being dogged by elite educated libruls! Do us all a favor Megs, get off of our TV and go back to gun country. You have absolutely nothing to add to any discussion.

• Love 20

When the topic of friends came up, and they specifically mentioned Harvey Weinstein and Billy Cosby, I kept expecting Whoopi to speak up, about Cosby, but I felt she kind of laid low about it. Cause she was really defending him awhile back, and made comments that we did not know the motives of the women accusing him, and they could have been doing it for money.

So I just thought today when they talked about maintaining friendships, I was waiting to hear if she still considered Cosby a friend, or not, but she never said.

• Love 5

The panel was just right for the segment with Ricky...  who I love love love.    "Just because you're offended doesn't mean you are right ."  Take that MM  

Oh Hell I just rewound and MM said Joy and I have some things to say ( to Comey)  followed by  buckle up. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

When the topic of friends came up, and they specifically mentioned Harvey Weinstein and Billy Cosby, I kept expecting Whoopi to speak up, about Cosby, but I felt she kind of laid low about it. Cause she was really defending him awhile back, and made comments that we did not know the motives of the women accusing him, and they could have been doing it for money.

So I just thought today when they talked about maintaining friendships, I was waiting to hear if she still considered Cosby a friend, or not, but she never said.

Yes, she was defending Cosby up and down, until Dan Abrams came on the show to explain to her, S-L-O-W-L-Y why most of the women couldn't have him arrested. And she acted like more of an idiot than usual when she was like "OHHHHHHHHH" I get it now. She hasn't said a thing about him or defended him, since.

6 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I just rewound and MM said Joy and I have some things to say ( to Comey)  followed by  buckle up. 

Thanks for the confirmation. I was GOBSMACKED that Joy would let that pass without saying anything.

• Love 8

I am not a big whoopi fan, but she had blinders on with cosby and didn't want to believe it. When she knew better, she did better and no longer takes his side. I give her credit for learning things.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ari333 said:

I am not a big whoopi fan, but she had blinders on with cosby and didn't want to believe it. When she knew better, she did better and no longer takes his side. I give her credit for learning things.

No, she didn't. She doesn't defend him anymore (because she can't-has no leg to stand on), but she's not calling him out, either. She defends ALL celebrities: Gibson, Polanski...She hasn't learned shit.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

At the very beginning of the show today, they talked about trump  appointing as top economic advisor, Lawrence Kudlow. 

Sunny says - he doesn't even have an economics degree.  Meghan's response is to read a bunch of quotes unrelated to him - but more "Here are some times that liberal economists were wrong about something!"  I think her point was - people with economics degrees aren't always right, therefore you don't need an economics degree to do the job of economic advisor to the president. 

As someone who has, in my family, a person who is an economist, with a PhD in economics, her dismissal pissed me off.  

It's the equivalent of reading about a bunch of times doctors were wrong, and coming to the conclusion that you don't need a medical degree to practice medicine. 

Meghan uses any worthless bullshit to support her argument.

And why did she find it necessary to identify Paul Krugman as a liberal economist?  Was she trying to discount his work?  As mentioned above the man has won a Nobel Prize for economics.

• Love 8

I missed the opening gun discussion from yesterday's show. I finally got around to watching it on YouTube, and I have to say this is why I love Sunny. Beginning with "I agree with Condoleezza Rice" (an esteemed conservative Meghan can't successfully attack) and ending with "I learned differently in law school" (an education Meghan can't compete with or discredit), Sunny completely won that tit for tat. You could tell Sunny was about to burst out laughing because she knew Meghan was seething and embarrassing herself with that childish response.

Btw, I rarely talk about the ladies' clothes and looks, but Sunny was gorgeous in that red outfit and lipstick.

6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Exactly! She is a liar and always has to play victim as the oppressed Republican in mean liberal New York...Get a life, jeez...

At the end of her run on the show, she will hate New York like she hates LA.. 

I'm sure New York, like L.A., like Kathy Griffin, and Comey, the Clintons, Adam Rippon, etc. etc., is quivering in terror of Megzilla's rage.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, SoapySales said:

Do us all a favor Megs, get off of our TV and go back to gun country.

I'm fine with that (Arizona girl, here).  We never heard anything about her while she lived here, so it would probably be the same ol' same ol'.  A shrill little speck in just another RED state.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, backformore said:

At the very beginning of the show today, they talked about trump  appointing as top economic advisor, Lawrence Kudlow. 

Sunny says - he doesn't even have an economics degree.  Meghan's response is to read a bunch of quotes unrelated to him - but more "Here are some times that liberal economists were wrong about something!"  I think her point was - people with economics degrees aren't always right, therefore you don't need an economics degree to do the job of economic advisor to the president. 

As someone who has, in my family, a person who is an economist, with a PhD in economics, her dismissal pissed me off.  

It's the equivalent of reading about a bunch of times doctors were wrong, and coming to the conclusion that you don't need a medical degree to practice medicine. 

And didn't Joy quote something that discredited him?

These quotes of stats and quotes of quotes are really just a lot of blah blah blah.  Just be able to have a VIEW about something and speak to it, without the blue fucking cards.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Oh, that just reminded me of what she did say. She said something like,  when you're accused of something and it  looks like you did it, doesn't mean you did ( not a quote ) I felt like she was referring to herself.  She did do the things ( encouraged the black face incident and the whole Bush joke) I know she's trying to rewrite history because she's said something like that in the past. She also could have been referring to Cosby.  She only kinda of sort of apologized about Cosby because there was a huge backlash. She constantly defended Cosby, butted heads With Rosie, to point it was uncomfortable to watch. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Oh, that just reminded me of what she did say. She said something like,  when you're accused of something and it  looks like you did it, doesn't mean you did ( not a quote ) I felt like she was referring to herself.  She did do the things ( encouraged the black face incident and the whole Bush joke) I know she's trying to rewrite history because she's said something like that in the past. She also could have been referring to Cosby.  She only kinda of sort of apologized about Cosby because there was a huge backlash. She constantly defended Cosby, butted heads With Rosie, to point it was uncomfortable to watch. 

I thought she was referencing the Bush joke that caused Slim Fast to drop her.  But it could have been the blackface incident as well.

• Love 5

Interesting, but non-productive conversation about sexuality.  What do they mean by "male energy" though? Perhaps instead of claiming "male energy," Sara and Paula should just expand their definitions of femininity? I'm genuinely curious as to what they mean.

I liked the pregnancy conversation.  There is so much to consider biologically, economically, mentally, and professionally--and people will judge you no matter what you do.

Mike Pence's daughter will be on next week! What are the odds that she's a Friend of Meghan? As opposed to Senator Booker, who will probably get the Mortal Foe of Meghan treatment. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

What are the odds that she's a Friend of Meghan?

And that they're both victims of the evil liberal media. She'll follow it up with some statistic about how many Republicans like Trump. And she'll ask something like, "What do you think the Republicans see in Trump that the Democrats can't?" (she's asked that question before)

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Interesting, but non-productive conversation about sexuality.  What do they mean by "male energy" though? Perhaps instead of claiming "male energy," Sara and Paula should just expand their definitions of femininity? I'm genuinely curious as to what they mean.

My guess? Testosterone.

9 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

No Whoopi or Meghan?!

Unless something's happening or it's sweeps, It's guaranteed Whoopi won't be there on Fridays. Maybe Meghan finally decided to ask or was told, to take a day off?

• Love 7

The show isn't on here (Meghan's home state), but I found this info online (DoDOODad.com)???  Included was photo of Ana and Gene; he's blonde.  I cut out the annyoing lovey-dovey stuff (and put it at the bottom).  

Ana Navarro is  dating Gene Prescott -the president of Coral Gable's Biltmore Hotel. ...it seems the lovebirds have been dating for a long time.  Gene is 26 years older than Ana. 

Here's the original:  Ana Navarro is off the market after there comes news that she is happily dating Gene Prescott- the president of Coral Gable's Biltmore Hotel. However, Ana and Gene have not revealed the year they started dating each other but it seems that the lovebirds have been dating for a long time. Gene is 26 years older than Ana and we are quite clear about the facts that when you truly love someone, age doesn't matter whether it's a difference of 2 years or 26 years. LOVE IS LOVE.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, imjagain said:

I know she's trying to rewrite history because she's said something like that in the past. She also could have been referring to Cosby.  She only kinda of sort of apologized about Cosby because there was a huge backlash. She constantly defended Cosby, butted heads With Rosie, to point it was uncomfortable to watch. 

Most* of us who watch "The View" have a completely different "view" of Whoopi than those who know her only as an actress, performer, Disney-favorite, or beloved (humble-bragging) guest on various talk shows.

*One of my best friends just LOVES her and says she realizes we just don't see eye-to-eye on Whoopi (that's an understatement!).

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, rcc said:

I like this panel. Too bad ABC doesn't do something to rid us of the two missing people.

While Whoopi can be annoying, Meghan needs to go before anyone!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am loving today's episode. Everybody is so relaxed and having fun with each other.  Anna is definitely auditioning for a spot on the show.  She fits in with the ladies, unlike, the trust fund baby.

The show was really enjoyable today. Smart women having a conversation without anyone taking over each other. KInd of like the difference between being seated at the adult table or the children's table. So, who was missing? Oh yes, Whoopi and Meghan, two blowhard buffoons.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

What did Ana say about her boyfriend when they were talking about heritage?  It was muted on my TV?  Anyone catch it?

I think she said that he is Cuban and Irish. Everyone wants to be Irish on St. Patrick's Day.

• Love 3

It's not a big deal that Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels.  It's a big deal because Trump is trying to hard to cover it up.  And the fact he isn't tweeting that she is fake news means he knows she has evidence against him.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

What did Ana say about her boyfriend when they were talking about heritage?  It was muted on my TV?  Anyone catch it?

She said he was Cuban Irish and then made a (old) joke that then that means she has Cuban Irish in her.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, SoapySales said:

Whoopi and Meghan, two blowhard buffoons.

I just can't put Whoopi in the same category as Meghan.

Meghan is above and beyond more insufferable than Whoopi.

• Love 16

That is a horrible thing Joy said.  "The higher the heel the lower the consciousness."  I wear very high heels and I am very conscious of what is going on in the world around me.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

That is a horrible thing Joy said.  "The higher the heel the lower the consciousness."  I wear very high heels and I am very conscious of what is going on in the world around me.

I think she owes the wearers of high heels an apology.  lol

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

My mom, now gone, wore high heels every day of her professional life and wound up barely able to walk in the last 30 years of her life.  She had surgery after surgery and nothing helped.  I never where heels and my sister does only occasionally for weddings and such but quickly changes into ballet slippers.  I never saw the appeal and my sister does but won't wreck her health for it.  Joy is from the generation of turning around the ideals of "perfect" womanhood which included high heels and pearls when cleaning the house.  Look at Mrs. Cleaver.  While I see her point I do love my bra.

Bisexuality - we all know the Kinsey scale and I do know I am firmly on the end which is attraction to opposite gender.  I give Sara props for her honesty.

Great day of no MM.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

The higher the heals quote was something said in the 70's at the height of the woman's movement, according to Joy. Those weren't her thoughts, she was jus reporting what used to be said. 

I know that.  I still think it was horrible to say in the 70s and now as well.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm usually a Joy fan, but I don't know today, she seemed "off." I really didn't like the way she introduced the Senator, saying something about that's not the way you would want to get a job, or something to that effect, and then said, yeah, I read that wrong off the monitor. I don't know, just my opinion, she seemed a little off with this Senator.

And I also didn't like what she said during the high heel segment.

I don't know, like I said I usually like her, but I just wasn't feeling her today.

• Love 1