Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 03/12/2018

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I just loathe that humorless entitled bitch.  What pisses me off the most about MM (and there are lots of things in that category) is this:  She'll start off screeching a mile a minute, for what seems like hours on end, then she finally runs out of breath and shuts up. Then someone else on the panel will (after patiently waiting their turn) starts giving her own point of view (decidedly in opposition to Meggie's), and MM immediately jumps right in, talks over them, and re-takes command of the discussion.  I hate that!!!   She is definitely not used to sharing the spotlight.  With anyone.  Ever.  She has never come to the realization that this is a 4 or 5 member panel, with each woman entitled to her own opinion and to equal time to expound on it.  Meggie has to have the first word, the last word, and all the words in between.  She is single-handedly ruining this entire show.  And maybe that was her agenda from the beginning.

Someone has given Meghan the impression that since she's the sole Republican, she gets 50% if the time.  

7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm going to need Meghan to define conservative policy in education.  I have my own idea of what that is but I want to know what Meghan think it is.

We rich folk go to the best private schools money can buy, the rest of y'all are on your own?

• Love 17
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan brought up the fact we have a very poor ranking in the world when it comes to education because of test scores.  That IMO is the problem.  Not all students do well on tests. Doesn't mean they aren't smart and not learning.

Meghan is incredibly frustrated because nobody takes her seriously.  And why should they?  She doesn't have kids.  She never went (as far as I know) to public schools.  

But are Americans inherently worse test takers than the rest of these countries?  I don't think so.  Plus, our schools spend a lot of time "teaching to the test", at the expense of the rest of what needs to be taught, and yet we still fall behind half of the other countries on these very tests they've done extensive preparatory work.  When compared to other developed countries, we are generally more poorly educated.  The problem is in the quality of the schools.  Most of the teens and college student on Jeopardy are students at excellent schools.  So we teach science and math very well in the better funded schools.  It's the rest of the children who suffer.

I actually worked with a nurse in the Atlanta suburbs who blew my mind.  Her view is that all these children who fall behind and fail in education, well their parents never expected or even wanted them to do well educationally.  So those scores should be removed from the state and national scores.  In other words, these children are disposable, unworthy, and basically invisible.

• Love 8

So Meghan is not responsible for her horrible clothing choices?  Has she taken the time to speak to the underling responsible for these choices?  Has she mentioned she hates pink?  Probably not, but I actually love the thought that wardrobe knows all of this and dresses Meghan accordingly.  Maybe hair and makeup despise her, too.  That would explain the tortured hair styles, and the vampiric foundation she wore today.  I am paler than pale, yet I can honestly say Meghan looked corpse-like (if you ignore her red-rage patches on her chest and hair line).

I'm sure the "weakness" that Trump is talking about in Oprah is the same one my Republican cop cousin harps on:  She's a closet lesbian!  And so is Hillary!  I would tell Trump the same thing I told my cousin:  You have a problem with powerful women.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Again, Meghan spouting a whole lotta nothin' just loves to hear herself use big words. And no, DeVoss didn't choke; Stahl didn't give her a "GOTCHA!" question. This corporate shill has had this position for over a year and if she didn't know how to do the job, she fucking well should have worked to learn how to do the job. so STFU Meghan. If there even is such a thing as "Conservative Education Policy." And Gurrrl, tried to tell Whoopi she didn't say "ideology" and repeated it twice! So yeah, Whoopi, you DID hear what you thought you heard.

How nice. The man who sits in the Oval Office, who is supposed to be the president of EVERYONE, doesn't think anything is wrong with insulting members of Congress. If ANYONE has a low IQ, it's the man who spent the weekend insulting and belittling other people and calling them sons of bitches. And Meghan? Know why his base loves him? Because he's spouting racist, bigoted things and his base are filled with bigoted, racist ignorants. She's afraid to say the "R" word and I don't mean Republican, because then she'll think EVERYONE will think that SHE'S racist! If one condones it, then one is just as bad as being one.

But Trump is so low IQ that he stupidly reveals his true thoughts.  Notice he followed she's low IQ with, "Ever see her?".  Code translation:  she's a black woman.

• Love 22
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

The topic was the Betsy Devos interview on 60 minutes and Meghan said she had brunch with a friend yesterday who worked in conservative education policy. WTF that is.

I wish someone had asked her who the "friend"  was, what position she has, and what "conservative education policy"  was.  

When Sunny talked about who was in charge of Education under Obama, Meghan interrupts to say , "I'm not disagreeing with you on that, "  and talks right over her!  Then Meghan says DeVos "biffed"  the interview and didn't have soundbites prepared.   No, that's not the issue.  It's not the interview, as Sunny said - it's about what she's doing on the job. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Someone has given Meghan the impression that since she's the sole Republican, she gets 50% if the time.  

Yes, Meghan seems to feel she's on a lopsided 4 against one debate instead of discussion where everyone's views are equal. 

back to the school topic - Meghan read some weird statistic that in Wisconsin, school vouchers caused a drop in felony convictions and  drug convictions?  Felony convictions of students?  she didn't explain this at all, she read some statistics without understanding or explaining the meaning.  Is it just that there are fewer felonies being committed by students whose parents send them to private schools? does that show cause and effect, or does it just mean that the kids getting the vouchers to go to private schools are the kids who are not in trouble, while the kids who are the most disadvantaged are the one most likely to get in trouble with the law, regardless of school vouchers?  More importantly, is "felony conviction rate" the criteria by which we measure school success?  Is that part of this conservative education policy stuff? 

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yes, Meghan seems to feel she's on a lopsided 4 against one debate instead of discussion where everyone's views are equal. 

back to the school topic - Meghan read some weird statistic that in Wisconsin, school vouchers caused a drop in felony convictions and  drug convictions?  Felony convictions of students?  she didn't explain this at all, she read some statistics without understanding or explaining the meaning.  Is it just that there are fewer felonies being committed by students whose parents send them to private schools? does that show cause and effect, or does it just mean that the kids getting the vouchers to go to private schools are the kids who are not in trouble, while the kids who are the most disadvantaged are the one most likely to get in trouble with the law, regardless of school vouchers?  More importantly, is "felony conviction rate" the criteria by which we measure school success?  Is that part of this conservative education policy stuff? 

Two words: Word Salad.

• Love 8

Ok I am pausing Hulu to type as things come up:

1.  SHUT THE FUCK UP MEGHAN!  SHUT UP!  JUST SHUT UP!

I won't comment on Devos because she speaks for herself.

Charter Schools - which began in the state of Michigan.  What they don't tell you, and this goes to MM's stats on crime in charter schools, is that they take the money at the beginning of the year and by the 2nd or 3rd month they have expelled students.  This means the student is then sent back to public schools but their allotment of money for the year is already at the charter school.  Charter schools do not have to accept handicaps of any kind but won't divulge that they don't have elevators in their 70 year old building with 3 floors until the parent wants to know why their child is in the office the entire day by himself.  Another student that has to go back to public school without any funding.  In Michigan each student is allotted x amount of dollars, let's say $11,000 per school year.  In the past that would be in your local schools.  Now if the child is enrolled in a charter school that money is gone and if the student is expelled the money is also gone and the child is back at public school.  Because of this trend the state now has 2 official counting days each year as opposed to 1 official counting day.  That means the schools must turn in counts of children at their schools on particular days.  Parents are told to bring in sick children, wrapped in blankets if necessary and stay until the official count is done.  I believe a doctors note can replace the actual child on counting day.  This isn't because the public schools are misusing the funds it's because the charter schools are for profit and now they can't get the entire $11k but merely half that if they enroll and then immediately expel students.  They do not have to worry about special needs at all whereas the public schools must balance the students allotment with programs for the special needs.

Education and the charter school - In public schools it is customary for school to issue text books to keep at home with workbooks to keep at school.  Each room also has a classroom of textbooks to be shared by all classes if in middle or high school with changing classes.  I have visited about 5 charter schools.  The students do not have their own textbooks or even workbooks and the only books are classroom books which are shared by the entire grade.  This means that math is not done every day or if it is they use photocopies without text books.  They can also skew the grades.  In public school all monies go to student education or staff compensation.  Charter schools, in Michigan, are for profit.  MM talks about the higher rate of graduation but she does not talk about the rate of school - college and that, to me, is a better indication of school performance.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Again, Meghan spouting a whole lotta nothin' just loves to hear herself use big words. And no, DeVoss didn't choke; Stahl didn't give her a "GOTCHA!" question. This corporate shill has had this position for over a year and if she didn't know how to do the job, she fucking well should have worked to learn how to do the job. so STFU Meghan. If there even is such a thing as "Conservative Education Policy." And Gurrrl, tried to tell Whoopi she didn't say "ideology" and repeated it twice! So yeah, Whoopi, you DID hear what you thought you heard.

How nice. The man who sits in the Oval Office, who is supposed to be the president of EVERYONE, doesn't think anything is wrong with insulting members of Congress. If ANYONE has a low IQ, it's the man who spent the weekend insulting and belittling other people and calling them sons of bitches. And Meghan? Know why his base loves him? Because he's spouting racist, bigoted things and his base are filled with bigoted, racist ignorants. She's afraid to say the "R" word and I don't mean Republican, because then she'll think EVERYONE will think that SHE'S racist! If one condones it, then one is just as bad as being one.

I was surprised that Whoopi didn't go further than just an expression and silence.  The silence made Elsa uncomfortable.

Someone should have called that out for what is was.  Maybe tomorrow.

• Love 5

So, Meghan doesn't like to wear pink, huh? Then why'd she wear that pink monstrosity? Does she not have a say in what she can wear? Couldn't she talk down the person who picks her wardrobe?

Oh please, if Meghan didn't wish she were thinner, then she wouldn't be spanking her body to death. I'm with Sara on that.

It was so refreshing and good to have Sara back. And wow! Even Whoopi said she was missed. I can't recall her saying that the last time Sara was out on maternity leave. And I won't lie--I giggled when Whoopi humored Sara and finally said to her: "You in danger, girl!" since that seems to be Sara's favorite line from Ghost. And I have to admit, that was one of the best scenes in the movie, along with when that dude jumped into Odamae's body with "Damn baby, what'd you do to your hair?" ??????????

Ahem. Topic?

Sara lifting her finger toward Meghan as a silent 'I'm talking now, let me finish' was so subtle that I would have missed it, had I not read about it here first. That's the way to handle MissASACONSERVATIVEI'MSOOOOFRUSTRATEDMcCain. And she was talking out of her ass. I don't even think she knew what she was reading, just that the statistics "sounded good" and positive to her party, because what she was spouting had nothing to do with what they were talking about. Because, you know, she's "Incredibly Frustrated" and the "conversation" so "desperately" needs to happen.  She needs to look into her echo chamber to see just who doesn't want to have that conversation.

Damn. after watching yesterday, I'm SO GLAD I was a kid when I was a kid, and didn't have to worry about whether I'd be able to go to school or not. Yes, I went to public school and I got a very good education, and no, I wasn't indoctrinated, either. I learned about EVERYTHING. So Miss White Privilege just needs to keep her trap shut when the panel is talking about subjects such as these, because she doesn't KNOW. Doesn't have a FUCKING CLUE.

And I really thought Whoopi fell asleep, but she was faking. I guess that was her passive aggressive way of indicating she wasn't interested in the subject. Which, I've also forgotten about.

Man, I wish Whoopi would have said, that Joy should also have on her tombstone: "So WHAAAT? Who CAAAAARES?"

• Love 13

It would have been nice to hear Joy speak more (than Miss Privileged Private Schools) as a former teacher what she thinks about schools.  I'm a special ed teacher in a public school.  The worst part of public schools, IMHO, is the lack of enough staff (teachers or para-educators) to help students understand/learn the work.  Even with crowded rooms--I have two classes of 36 kids, and the rest with 26-33 kids--it takes extra communication/practice to teach some kids any concepts. 

Additional debilitating influences on education that I have seen are (IMHO): parents who defend/enable/spoil/hurt kids ; phones; broken up families due to drugs/alcohol, and mental illness; transitory parental employment resulting in frequent moves; kids distracted from being hungry and/or tired; Ipads/videogames; etc. 

It's not just schools.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, JayD83 said:

OMG what is wrong with MM!  She's extra ornery today!

How can you tell.

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think I know.

What is the reason?  What am I missing?

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

I looked at her twitter account and I think it has  something to do with comments made by Hillary Clinton. They're supposed to be talking about the topic today so I'm pretty sure I know what she's going to say. Her and her ilk are o b s e s s e d with Hillary...

What's that Mariah Carey song? "Why you so obsessed with me?"

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 14

Proposal for a new game: See how long you can watch before yelling at the TV. Then try to break that record. Today's time: 5 minutes. The show has been on for 13 minutes.

I am, however, entertained by Whoopi's let's-get-it-over-with approach to Meghan.

• Love 14

Meghan:  "I'm not interested in rehashing Obama."  Yet she's the one who brought Obama up.  Good God.

Speaking of... so they made Joy apologize on air. At least it was swift and they moved quickly.

• Love 21

OMG she's such a rabid dog. We get it. You Haaaaaaaate the Clintons. Must have been hell to sit there while Chelsea was so calm and articulate.

P.S. Whoopi has had it with you. Time to pack your bags.

• Love 23
26 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

I'd guess it has to do with all those old hags she works with. I only tune every so often just to see what they are moaning about and that is enough for me. I can't imagine dealing with it Mon-Friday. Holy Hannah!

I found it hilarious that the one time she agrees with Joy, she could not stop saying it. "Joy agrees with me.": "Joy and I talk about this off the air all the time." I was laughing! And Sunny was having none of it!

• Love 11

Whoopi's right, Meghan. Public figures will not shut up and go away just because people disagree with them, even if they make themselves look bad. 

Also: What was the point of bringing up Farrakhan? Joy was pointing out that "globalism" trolling is often an antisemitic dog whistle in white nationalistic circles. So Meghan "wins" because Farrakhan has made antisemitic comments? Does this make Bannon's "badge of honor" comments okay? 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Vanderboom said:

Whoopi's right, Meghan. Public figures will not shut up and go away just because people disagree with them, even if they make themselves look bad. 

Also: What was the point of bringing up Farrakhan? Joy was pointing out that "globalism" trolling is often an antisemitic dog whistle in white nationalistic circles. So Meghan "wins" because Farrakhan has made antisemitic comments? Does this make Bannon's "badge of honor" comments okay? 

She wants to tarnish the women's march..

• Love 15

Hillary Clinton did NOT say that women vote the way their husbands tell them.  

She referenced a study that said that married men tend to favor republicans for economic reasons, and their wives tend to also vote for their husbands' economic interests.  It's not anti-feminist to say this, it's a report of a poll of why people vote the way they do. 

• Love 19

James Comey will be on The View for his first daytime televised interview, April 18th I think Whoopi said. Interesting...

Just now, backformore said:

She referenced a study that said that married men tend to favor republicans for economic reasons, and their wives tend to also vote for their husbands' economic interests.  It's not anti-feminist to say this, it's a report of a poll of why people vote the way they do. 

Exactly. Meghan was spreading fake news on her twitter feed and on The View and took her words completely out of context.

• Love 12

The only virus that I can see is Meh-gan McCain! Jesus Christ - shut the fuck up! If you cannot articulate your point, clearly, then keep your yap closed.

Sunny - assert yourself, girl! Don't let that ignoramus sitting next to you roll over you!!!

• Love 15

Wow, did Meghan go off the rails today. It was almost worth the talk about Hillary just to watch her go absolutely apeshit. Whoopi’s smackdown in the first round of Hot Topics when Meghan asked whether she should respond to Sunny or the topic in her best hateful, rich lady voice was delicious.

I’m glad Sunny spoke up during the discussion on the Clintons—and didn’t allow Meghan to screech over her—rather than leaving Meghan/Joy as the only voices on the topic. Good for Joy bringing up Comey/Russia, which Meghan conveniently left out when talking about 2016 (as usual). I don't know why Princess McCain thinks she of all people should have the final say on who or what goes on with Democrats considering she is not one of them. Stick to worrying about your own "tribe."

I hate that Joy had to apologize again, but I guess the apology the day after the joke wasn’t seen by a lot of people because of breaking news at the time.

• Love 14

WHOA!   Meghan "you want to start talking about Jews when we were talking about the women's march and ties to Farrakhan on Friday?"  

Yes, Joy and Whoopi are right - google it.   "Globalism" has taken on a different meaning in this administration.  It's used as an insult.  (much like "feminism",a good idea that people ruin by attaching negativity to it, Meghan!) 

But the worst was when she brings up Obama's cabinet being "100% sycophants" Sunny disagreed, started giving examples, and Megs says "I don't want to talk about Obama!"  

So Meghan's stance is "we will talk about what I want to talk about when I want to talk about it, and we're done with that topic when I say we are."  She did it at least 4 times today.  The 4th was when she asked  if she could have a "final word"  on a topic.  Whoopi was thinking "no, bitch that's my job!" 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 24

Did I hear that correctly? Meghan said, “Chelsea Clinton is still an omnipresent figure in politics when her mother lost her bid for president.” (Not a direct quote, but paraphrasing)

Wait a second, Meghan... think about what you just said and think about the irony.  Just think about it before you keep suggesting the Clintons need to go away.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I looked at her twitter account and I think it has  something to do with comments made by Hillary Clinton. They're supposed to be talking about the topic today so I'm pretty sure I know what she's going to say. Her and her ilk are o b s e s s e d with Hillary...

What's that Mariah Carey song? "Why you so obsessed with me?"

Her obsession with the Clintons seems to go beyond the Right v. Left divide. I think it's because she's in Biden's camp and she's trying to put the knife in the Clintons for that reason. That's why I always thought her breakdown back when Biden visited the show was fake.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

Did I hear that correctly? Meghan said, “Chelsea Clinton is still an omnipresent figure in politics when her mother lost her bid for president.” (Not a direct quote, but paraphrasing)

Wait a second, Meghan... think about what you just said and think about the irony.  Just think about it before you keep suggesting the Clintons need to go away.

I remember awhile ago Meghan was complaining on Twitter how Chelsea should stop talking about politics because her mother lost. Luckily Chris Hayes called her out on it and she said it’s different.

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, backformore said:

And she was ASKED by people on India Today this question. And I think she said it was "conservative white women" not ALL white women. And her going all rabid CUJO, after she's admitted she takes pointers on what to say on THIS show from HER HUSBAND? Bitch, please.

• Love 16
On 3/12/2018 at 1:41 PM, fishsanwitt said:

Shut up, Meh-gan. Condemn Betsy Wetsy as the uneducated a-hole that she is. Stop trying to co-opt the conversation and please, inform me as to exactly 'what' the conservative policy in education is. (Thank you, blondiec0332).

Exactly. She just gets her “school choice” buzzwords in. She literally is a conservative talking point robot.

22 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan brought up the fact we have a very poor ranking in the world when it comes to education because of test scores.  That IMO is the problem.  Not all students do well on tests. Doesn't mean they aren't smart and not learning.

Meghan is incredibly frustrated because nobody takes her seriously.  And why should they?  She doesn't have kids.  She never went (as far as I know) to public schools.  

YES, YES, YES. They need to just start ignoring this girl. She doesn’t care about education; she’s just spewing talking points.  Like Meghan, red American gun loving Patriots go to public schools too! I just cant with her acting like WE HAVE WASTED BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON EDUCATION!!!!! It’s insulting to teachers. Remember the nurses outcry that was a little blown out of proportion, in my opinion? Anytime guns in schools or education is discussed, Meghan is just disrespectful to the education system and teachers. Just imagine, if Joy said, TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS ARE WASTED ON THE MILLITARY AND ISIS ATTACKED US! Just imagine. Unpatriotic. Offensive. Does she even understand red America? 

The fact of the matter is that school choice is available. For poorer areas where it’s hard to win the lotto to enter a charter school is where our schools need more funding. But seriously, all she knows about education are the talking points she learned through Fox News. Let the parents, former teachers, and people who care about education take this one Meghan. 

19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Again, Meghan spouting a whole lotta nothin' just loves to hear herself use big words. And no, DeVoss didn't choke; Stahl didn't give her a "GOTCHA!" question. This corporate shill has had this position for over a year and if she didn't know how to do the job, she fucking well should have worked to learn how to do the job. so STFU Meghan. If there even is such a thing as "Conservative Education Policy." And Gurrrl tried to tell Whoopi she didn't say "ideology" and repeated it twice! So yeah, Whoopi, you DID hear what you thought you heard.

I really am just disgusted by her lack of empathy. There’s the huge buildup to Meghan’s mom coming on the show to react to Trump insulting her dad, and even before they made a statement, Meghan ended up needing an apology. We need to understand her family is going through so much. Blah blah blah. And I feel for her. I do.  But why can’t she take these experiences and feel for the families that just lost a child to gun violence? Instead she feels bad for the same woman who has bullied Meghan since 2009 - Dana Loesch (seriously, search Twitter for ‘mccain’ from:dloesch - there’s long history of Dana Loesch bullying her good friend Meghan)—that’s Meghan’s friend. Why can’t Meghan hear the president insult journalists and minorities and condone that as well? Shouldn’t she know how it feels better than anyone else?  Instead, “oh that’s just Trump’s base.” I’m so sick of hearing “that’s Trump’s base.” “Oh Trump’s base won’t care about his affair.” “Oh Trump’s base won’t care about racism.” When that’s what people hear said so frequently on cable news, people like Meghan shouldn’t be surprised when other people find Trump supporters racist.  You literally tell us they don’t care about racism. 

I’m willing to bet many people who voted for him do care about the words he says, but the conversation is always, “Will his supporters care about this? Nahhhhh so let’s move on.” That’s why Trump gets away with so much. Maybe they DO care — like Joy said, we had the Russians disrupt the election last year, making fake accounts on social media to create a sort of group think among people. But, whatever, that’s not worth discussing.  Hillary needs to get over losing and we can only speak out against the “base” if they are booing anyone close to Meghan.  Everyone else is the liberal media and therefore fair game.  #MeghanLogic

Edited by Jan Levenson
  • Love 16

Did anyone else notice, that when Whoopi was talking about Clinton, they cut to Sunny, and she had her hand under her chin, and her lips slightly pursed? I've noticed this quite a few times during other shows as well. It always indicates to me, that Sunny isn't agreeing with what Whoopi is saying, and I feel like she holds back, and doesn't really challenge what Whoopi says. 

I'm waiting for the day when Sunny really goes in after Whoopi, and challenges her.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I feel like she holds back, and doesn't really challenge what Whoopi says. 

I'm waiting for the day when Sunny really goes in after Whoopi, and challenges her.

She does hold back and she doesn't challenge Whoopi. And I don't think she ever will. Rosie challenged Whoopi and pushed back, and now she's gone. O'Donell, that is.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

You’d think at least one of Meghan’s many best friends would tell her to STFU.

They did for many years when Meghan was speaking up about problems she saw in the GOP. Then something clicked, and Meghan decided she’d rather be liked by these people, so she started discussing how hard it is being a conservative.

3 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

And why isn't Meghan ever made to apologize?  Or correct her many lies?

Because the “evil liberal media” doesn’t have an army of bots and a whole network that takes her comments out of context, feigns outrage, and demand she + ABC apologize.

• Love 18