Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E10: Week 9

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Wings said:

So it must be Sunday as usual.

Not then, either! That's the Oscars! But you are correct: the Finale IS 2 nights!

PART ONE is three hours on Monday, March 5.

PART TWO: "Arie’s soul-searching journey continues after America followed the chaos of his being in love with two women, which played out in gut-wrenching fashion, on “The Bachelor: After the Final Rose,” a two-hour live special, TUESDAY, MARCH 6 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand." http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/pressrelease/the-bachelor-episode-2010-35-the-bachelor-after-the-final-rose-36/

(ETA: My STILL-INCORRECT  TV Guide for ABC for March 6 says, "The Middle," "Fresh Off the Boat," "Blackish," "Blackish," "Kevin (Probably) Saves the World.")

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1

Lauren's face is a big blank. Makes me wonder if all she did in life was stand in the corner with a blank look on her face while her parents argued in front of her and she froze that way.  Like the girl is shell-shocked by life already, or something. Her default mode of conversation is "I'm afraid that" or "I can't because"  

According to Reality Steve, we get three hours of Bachelor-mania Monday and then another two hour special on Tuesday. TV Guide is not updated yet.  

12 HOURS AGO, THEFINALROSE SAID:

I could practically see the People magazine cover appear in a thought bubble above Lauren's head.

Um.....I hope you didn't just post a Spoiler.... And please don't reply with an "Oops!"

Nah, it wasn't meant as a spoiler ... it was meant in the way that because the Bachelor traditionally isn't supposed to say those three little words (and the three words I am referring to are "I love you", not "People Magazine Cover", which now that I think about it are practically synonymous in the Bachelor nation anyway).  I just imagine that the final three or final two recipient of those words automatically jumps ahead in their mind to their insta-fame status of which the People cover is the biggest plum.  It's everywhere!! So I could imagine a similar thought bubble coming out of Becca too, except Becca seems like she's actually interested in Arie, and Lauren seems like she's actually interested in her mascara more than anything.

• Love 9

Wait, we are down to just the two of them and there are FIVE more hours of this shit?!?!?!! I know what is coming and I still can't see how they are going to take up five forking hours. As badly as I want to see how this all plays out IDK if I'm willing to commit another five hours to it. 

• Love 11

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that Ross is an assistant coach at Stanford. How old is Becca? Did they meet online? Did they date in college?  Was she living overseas for a few years? It sounded like a mutual decision made by both... maybe there is an explanation for this 7 years? Imma need to know more about this relationship...

Edited by sistersledge
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that Ross is an assistant coach at Stanford. How old is Becca? Did they meet online? Did they date in college?  Was she living overseas for a few years? It sounded like a mutual decision made by both... maybe there is an explanation for this 7 years? Imma need to know more about this relationship...

She told Arie that she did most of the traveling back & forth for the long-term portion of their relationship.  She made it sound as though Ross didn't put as much effort into it.  But I didn't know he's an assistant coach at Stanford.  Really?  That is so cool.  Then boyfriend was, um, super busy on the weekends for about 9 months of the year.  So yeah, she'd have to travel to him.

I don't know, even if Ross' turn-up in Peru was producer-driven, or even money-driven (or both), a guy would really have to like a girl to go through all that.  Unless he was promised a spot on BIP.

Oh heck, I'll just have to camp out for the 5 hours next week and watch.  Of course, once I zap through the commercials, it's 4 hours.  Still.....

1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

I could practically see the People magazine cover appear in a thought bubble above Lauren's head.

1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

Nah, it wasn't meant as a spoiler ...

Ha.  I thought the only potential "spoiler" in your post was Lauren actually having a thought to put into a thought bubble.

After watching this "love" fest.  I think Lauren is the one that Arie really thinks he "loves."  But I think Becca and Kendall are the two he actually likes and likes being with. 

With Lauren, overall it feels like projection.  She's his type.  She's playing hard to get.  She's pretty silent except being afraid he's going to hurt her which likely makes him feel protective. 

• Love 9

It's not surprising he told all 3 women he loved them. He probably even believed it himself. He strikes me as someone who becomes infatuated easily but as soon as any challenges arise, he's ready to bail and move onto his next infatuation. 

He gets away with it because he's charming and has a genuine sweetness with women. I don't think he's faking that. It's clear he enjoys the company of women.

Whoever ends up with him needs to know he is immature, not very deep, and certainly not ready for a long-term relationship, let alone marriage. What happens after the cameras go away and he goes back to his normal life will be very telling.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Not then, either! That's the Oscars! But you are correct: the Finale IS 2 nights!

PART TWO: "Arie’s soul-searching journey continues after America followed the chaos of his being in love with two women, which played out in gut-wrenching fashion, on “The Bachelor: After the Final Rose,” a two-hour live special, TUESDAY, MARCH 6 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand." http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/pressrelease/the-bachelor-episode-2010-35-the-bachelor-after-the-final-rose-36/

(ETA: My STILL-INCORRECT  TV Guide for ABC for March 6 says, "The Middle," "Fresh Off the Boat," "Blackish," "Blackish," "Kevin (Probably) Saves the World.")

Just throwing this in:

My guide is still incorrect, too. I am showing exactly what you're showing!

(I have Directv if that helps.)

Edit:

OK, that's WEIRD!  I don't know when it updated, but my guide IS correct now and my DVR updated.  That must have just happened! At least it's showing up for the right days/times.

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
new info
3 hours ago, kazza said:

It's not surprising he told all 3 women he loved them. He probably even believed it himself. He strikes me as someone who becomes infatuated easily but as soon as any challenges arise, he's ready to bail and move onto his next infatuation. 

He gets away with it because he's charming and has a genuine sweetness with women. I don't think he's faking that. It's clear he enjoys the company of women.

Whoever ends up with him needs to know he is immature, not very deep, and certainly not ready for a long-term relationship, let alone marriage. What happens after the cameras go away and he goes back to his normal life will be very telling.

I'm a lot harsher on him I guess. I think the only way someone 36 years old thinks he loves three women and its okay to lead each one on is because he's not that clued in to what love is. He seems to not have a care in the world about hurting them, even after they've told him all about their trust issues, how they feel, etc. etc.  He is leading them on--and yes, others have done it, too--but for some reason, watching his act (or his unbelievable self-centeredness/narcissim) kind of seem a bit pathological. If I were F1 and saw him with everyone, I'd say "bye".  Who wants someone who lacks a minimum of empathy? Who wants someone who is so very very good and faking sincerity?

I can't see any reason a guy like this would want to get married--other than feeling "I'm 36. I should get married. It's not so status-y anymore to be single."

I'm surprised how much I learned to dislike him from his season.  He should have avoided some of the pitfalls (actually, Sean's advice is pretty good--limit the kissing, esp in front of other women--and the sex.  He's still one of the most popular bachelors, but in spite of that, his buddies never seem to learn. They have all the time in the world after the show. You don't have to be so desperate for sex with everyone that you look like a liar and a jerk.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Wait, we are down to just the two of them and there are FIVE more hours of this shit?!?!?!! I know what is coming and I still can't see how they are going to take up five forking hours. As badly as I want to see how this all plays out IDK if I'm willing to commit another five hours to it. 

Well, Chris Harrison did say that this was the "most shocking Bachelor finale ever... and this time we mean it" or words to that effect.  I guess it takes that many hours to have it all play out?!?!?

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Well, Chris Harrison did say that this was the "most shocking Bachelor finale ever... and this time we mean it" or words to that effect.  I guess it takes that many hours to have it all play out?!?!?

Yeah, the fact that they’re adding an extra hour to the finale AND to ATFR, I think I believe Harrison this time. However, it’s possible they added all of this extra time for more extended previews of new sitcoms coming to ABC this spring plus interviews with the stars of new Disney movies premiering in a theater near you this summer.

• Love 2

I haven't read any posts yet, but wanted to comment on Becca's ex showing up:

Loser. Not sure if it was his idea or production's, although he would have had production's permission to go on-site, but what really got me is how he said he was trying to do something big and win Becca back that way. Like the Notebook? she said. Yes, he said. (I haven't read The Notebook). The thing is, if you're slacking in a relationship because you're relying on doing something BIG to win someone over, you've already lost. You win your relationship on the small every day things and actions like being kind, understanding, reliable, helpful, respectful, looking out for the other person's welfare, etc., -- my opinion is that adds to the desirability of the other partner and to their physical attractiveness.

Now I'll start reading posts.

• Love 12
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:39 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

So it was really Leann singing and not some other singer poorly covering it?

By the way, I LOVED this episode.  I was on the edge of my seat.  I was having a ball.  Yeah I guess people will be mad at Arie but it was hilarious to watch.  I have to admit.  It made me nostalgic for this!

giphy.gif

If the number was 14, I'd say a Stephon Diggs fan, but I don't know who is purple in basketball.

1 hour ago, phlebas said:

FIVE MORE HOURS. five more hours of watching Arie continue his Frat Boy Hero Journey. Just like Jean Valjean, I guess.

Won't someone rid me of this meddlesome putz?

Frat boy?  I think you need more than a G.E.D. to be a frat boy.  Grandpa possum wishes he could be a frat boy.

i have no idea why, but I find him more loathsome than Flapjack, Soules, and even Blob.    

But yeah, five whole long hours of hearing about Lauren and I’s relationship, Becca being in her head, and Arie stretched out on a wide windowsill staring pensively at the sunset with his knobby knees awkwardly jutting out looking like he’s contemplating hip surgery instead of marriage. And looking all grey and peaked.  

Im surprised he didn’t break a hip when the remaining combatants wrapped themselves around his brittle old self at a run, no less.  

Man I can’t stand this dude.  Everything about him makes me angry.  

God, FIVE hours of yeah, like, you know? Yeah, um, so like, you are really like, in your head, my cats breath smells like cat food, and Lauren sitting there looking like a damn Easter Island head.  Like, you know?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

After being infuriated that Ross felt he could go to Peru, upstage the "star" of the show and win Becca back after being broken up for over a year, I thought about it for a quick moment and started to feel sorry for him.  Ross really did seem like he was thrown for a loop when Becca gave him the shutdown.  It also seemed like he kept wanting to run away but had to stop as production was right there.  I totally believe that production reached out to him and fed him a line about how much Becca regretted breaking up with him and wanted him back.  They were in the middle of a desert in Peru-no way he would have gotten there without production's help.  Also, if he is an assistant coach at Stanford as was stated above, that's pretty prestigious in the collegiate football world.  He would also have a college degree, so production probably overplayed the 'dumb jock' edit and downplayed his intelligence.  Oh, and he was absolutely be mocked once his colleagues (and players) see this.  He really did risk a lot and was made into a buffoon.  HOWEVER, he DID agree to participate on this show so that is totally on him.  

I think Kendall had more personality than anyone else left on the show, including Arie.  I hope that she had an overall great time being on this show and traveling.  

Edited by seacliffsal
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Frat boy?  I think you need more than a G.E.D. to be a frat boy.  Grandpa possum wishes he could be a frat boy.

A fair critique and I repent of using the term.   I am retconning it to say "Douchebro's Journey" :)

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I think Kendall had more personality than anyone else left on the show, including Arie.  I hope that she had an overall great time being on this show and traveling.  

+1

I suspect Kendall stayed in as long as she did as a favor to ABC.  They wanted SOME personality in the final three, and no offense to Tia but she doesn't bring it like Kendall.

I might be projecting, but I can't see being torn between Kendall and Lauren.  If Kendall appeals to you, Lauren will seem bland. If you really feel it for Lauren, Kendall is going to seem weird.

(I'm pro-Kendall, btw. I think she needs to come visit Vermont in the hopes she can find a guy who plays a tuba and will shower her in attention and maple syrup.... I'll be in my bunk.)

• Love 6
21 hours ago, backformore said:

I think "in my head" describes the difference between experiencing what is going on in the moment, and evaluating that experience with some criticism or doubt. 

As it relates to the Bachelor, it might be the difference between "I'm in love", and "I feel like this could be love, but am I letting myself be manipulated by this fairy tale, the exotic locations, and the idea that I am competing with other women for this guy who is supposed to be a prize?  if I met him at a bar I my  hometown, would I even give him a second glance, let alone compete for a proposal?"  

If that is the meaning, all of these women need to spend a lot more time "in their heads."  

And I, apparently LIVE in mine. 

Here's how I define "in my head" based on my own experience:

Some actual event triggers a bunch of insecurities and I start imagining all these worst case scenarios or conflicts with people, etc., and start believing that these things are actually going to happen, so I end up angry and bent out of shape or depressed. Then I say to myself, "Wait a minute! None of this stuff has actually happened! Just wait until what you're imagining has actually happened before getting upset about it." I think it's a way to try controlling the future when the future depends upon decisions made by other people.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Ashlyc said:
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, Mswldflwr said:

And the whole thing with the women jumping up on him and wrapping their legs around him, is that a show rule or something?  Gross.  I have never once done that in my whole life.  

i do it every time i see my husband LOL

If I did that to a guy he would fall over backwards.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, phlebas said:

I might be projecting, but I can't see being torn between Kendall and Lauren.  If Kendall appeals to you, Lauren will seem bland. If you really feel it for Lauren, Kendall is going to seem weird.

That's why I never really buy the "torn between two women" thing, not in an "I'm actually in love with two women" it seems more like, I want my cake (pretty, docile wife who will agree with everything I say and do) and eat it too (fun, wild girl who will take me places I never thought I'd go). It's basically, do I want to settle down or have hot sex with a fun girl. If he wants a Lauren then he didn't want a Kendall. Unless he's so shallow he just saw blonde hair and figured either of them could be an Emily substitute. But Becca is the anomaly. There is really nothing Emily about Becca. Maybe she's the attempt to break free from the hold Emily has on him? hmmm

Whoever loses, I don't expect them to be happily married. Even if they make it to the alter, Arie will eventually cheat on her like he has with his girlfriends in the past. I think he likes variety.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

If I did that to a guy he would fall over backwards.

To me, when a grown woman greets a man by jumping up and hugging him with her arms AND her legs, it makes me think if a 4 year old girl greeting her daddy who has been away.  

• Love 12

Ok I'm not finished watching this episode but had to post. I can't wait to read all your thoughts... Im at the part where Ross and Becca are about to talk. 

I should have known the surprise guest was Becca's ex because i do not believe for one second Arie loved her when he told her. I've never believed Arie dug her (even though i think she's great). I think the producers talked him into keeping her and saying I love you at the last minute because they knew the was coming (heck the show probably reached out to HIM to create this unprecedented drama). I wouldn't be surprised if Becca knew too. Maybe i watch too much UnREAL so I'm so cynical but this whole thing reeks of producer manipulation. 

I do think Ross is hot. If he's a nice guy i hope Becca goes back to him (haven't finished watching....)

• Love 2
On 2/27/2018 at 8:43 AM, Rainsong said:

criticisms of the vacuous post-date conversations are fully justified.  ‘Today was fun.’  ‘Yeah, today WAS fun!’ etc.

Reminds me of the recurring SNL skit where the Bachelor's ladies rotate on and off the bench saying "This is niiiice."

• Love 7

I am unspoiled but my thoughts are that Lauren could not handle finding out that Arie said "I love you" to other women.  I think Becca has more insight to such things and could eventually get beyond that.  Not sure about the families though!  I would love to see Kendall as the Bachelorette but the powers that be might think she is not ready for marriage (or she herself might not think she is either).  Could also see Becca if she is the dumpee or decided to kick Arie to the curb.  Could not see Lauren....she is just too shy when the cameras are around.  I am in the minority here that hopes Arie does end up with someone and that it works out.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

PART TWO: "Arie’s soul-searching journey continues after America followed the chaos of his being in love with two women, which played out in gut-wrenching fashion, on “The Bachelor: After the Final Rose,” a two-hour live special, TUESDAY, MARCH 6 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EST),

So do we find out who he picked on Monday?

Where was the chaos?  I just saw some boring shit and schlubby Arie looking like he needs to vomit, per usual.

i know he’s from Arizona so Malaria is not a possibility, but he looks like he’s very slowly recovering from a mosquito borne illness.  Maybe he did some car racing (ie coming in next to last) in the Amazon?  

• Love 3

Things that made me laugh this episode:

1. Arie using "I love you!" and then immediately repeating it a thousand times, like a 16 year old who had just said it for the first time and couldn't wait to use it again.
  2. Thanks to their desert date, to this day, Kendall is still leaving a trail of sand everywhere she walks.
  3. Becca and Arie slept in a tent in the desert. I can't imagine there was a bathroom nearby, which means they probably used a bedpan or something equally unpleasant. You would have to be pretty desperate to have sex in a tent, in a desert, with no bathroom, and tons of staff outside ready to capture every stray sound. Less than a 1% chance they did anything sexual. They were too busy saying "I love you Schmoopy!" to do anything else anyway.
  4. Lauren's "I'm going to throw up!" line to Becca when Arie and Kendall were finalizing the terms of their prearranged dumping. It was the perfect Lauren line because it shut down the conversation and came from a self-centered standpoint. It was distant enough to hint at how she probably doesn't have a single friend from this season. It's quite possible she only has male friends, and every one of those orbiters is circling her just in case she settles for one of them in a moment of weakness.
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

If the number was 14, I'd say a Stephon Diggs fan, but I don't know who is purple in basketball.

No, that's the dumbass from Rachel's season.  I think he went on to BIP and he and Corrine shut the show down.  Can't remember his name and don't care.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Superpole2000 said:

Becca and Arie slept in a tent in the desert. I can't imagine there was a bathroom nearby, which means they probably used a bedpan or something equally unpleasant. You would have to be pretty desperate to have sex in a tent, in a desert, with no bathroom, and tons of staff outside ready to capture every stray sound. Less than a 1% chance they did anything sexual. They were too busy saying "I love you Schmoopy!" to do anything else anyway.

I did a walking safari in Zambia recently and we had a night in a tent a bit like shown in this episode.  They set up an enclosed (fence only, no roof) area with a wooden box with a toilet seat on top.  It was either a sawdust or chemical portapotty, so didn't smell.  And I'm sure they set it up strategically downwind anyway.  It was not unpleasant at all.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

WARNING - If you do not want to be spoiled, do NOT go to the US magazine website.  There is a huge spoiler on the landing page.

Yep, it really sucks they do this because I did not want to be spoiled.  ABC used to go through every means possible to prevent any spoilers from getting out when the franchise first started. Now they probably don't care because people who DO see the spoilers will want to watch anyway.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

WARNING - If you do not want to be spoiled, do NOT go to the US magazine website.  There is a huge spoiler on the landing page.

Don't go to Daily Mail either.  I had to click away really fast to not see it.

And don't google anything Arie either.  Apparently, there is some huge spoiler, but I don't want to know.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, backformore said:

To me, when a grown woman greets a man by jumping up and hugging him with her arms AND her legs, it makes me think if a 4 year old girl greeting her daddy who has been away.  

Yeah, my adult (okay...middle-aged) sons and I laugh at that leg-wrap-jump and other "tropes" (is the right term?) on TV.   Couples in bed really "getting it on," yet the female always wears her bra.  Wet and crumpled on the floor of the shower after a rape scene*.  The required of ONE crazy woman on "The Bachelor--every season.

*Apologies if this insensitive: it's fiction on TV  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Couples in bed really "getting it on," yet the female always wears her bra.

That one cracks me up too. And it's always a really nice, Victoria's Secret type bra. And it never comes off! Even when they are, um, finished.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, OnTime said:

TUESDAY, MARCH 6 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EST),

I watch, "This is Us," on Tuesdays.  Nothing will change that.  What makes shows think they're so fabulous we'll cancel our usual schedule just so we can watch something that's being stretched out to the maximum number of pensive minutes on balconies?  Unless I see a spoiler suggesting Kendall returns with a hunting knife to stuff and mount Arie, I'm staying inside my head.

• Love 12

So now we're all going to have to avoid the grocery stores, Target, and any other place that sells US magazine, because I bet it's on the cover.  Sheesh.

I googled "Arie cheating" yesterday to get some insight into his past relationships, and spoilers were all over the place.  You've never seen someone click away so fast.  :)

I need a life.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Wait!   I'm from/in Arizona.  Does that mean I'm immune to malaria?  YIPPEE!

Yes.  Probably even Zika and dengue, too.  

Guy looks all sickly, like the English patient.

Edited by Mu Shu