Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E06: Week 6

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I think Lauren has a great body, but her face is basic. Her personality is terrible though. During the toast at the end of the show when they announced they were going to Italy, she looked like someone just told her they killed her dog. Can you please get off my tv screen?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

Evan was the guy who ran a male ED clinic, and was kind of, non-sexy. He hooked up (and married, I think) Carly after B in Paradise.

Hooked up with in BiP, married and now is having a baby with.  And it is clinics, plural.  I think he's loaded.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

Evan was the guy who ran a male ED clinic, and was kind of, non-sexy. He hooked up (and married, I think) Carly after B in Paradise.

Lol!  Kind of non sexy?  That’s kind.  I always imagine him as a dweeby Ken doll with a plastic pouch instead of genitalia.  It’s the only way I could get through his icky kisses with Carly. 

• Love 4

Never in the history of this show have I seen a contestant do so little and still be rewarded than Lauren. Arie deserved a rose just for making it through a whole day alone with her, although he did sound justifiably frustrated in one talking head where he said if she doesn't start talking she'll be sent home.

Who knew his word count expectation was so low?  If he ends up picking her it'll be trouble. She doesn't strike me as someone who is just burned twice and slow to open up, she strikes me as someone with major social issues that Arie better be prepared to deal with. I bet the producers were pretty pissed since they were splurging on Paris but then she walked through the city without cracking a smile. That has to be a first for the franchise and a total waste of one of the best locations. 

Then when they entered that beautiful cafe all she could say was "cute." Gawd. She is an embarrassment. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

Never in the history of this show have I seen a contestant do so little and still be rewarded than Lauren. Arie deserved a rose just for making it through a whole day alone with her, although he did sound justifiably frustrated in one talking head where he said if she doesn't start talking she'll be sent home.

Who knew his word count expectation was so low?  If he ends up picking her it'll be trouble. She doesn't strike me as someone who is just burned twice and slow to open up, she strikes me as someone with major social issues that Arie better be prepared to deal with. I bet the producers were pretty pissed since they were splurging on Paris but then she walked through the city without cracking a smile. That has to be a first for the franchise and a total waste of one of the best locations. 

Then when they entered that beautiful cafe all she could say was "cute." Gawd. She is an embarrassment. 

More like the producers were probably so happy and loved her for how she acted .. the shows goal isn't for the people to have fun on a date , their goal is for there to be awkwardness / great footage for editing , which that was . After all , everyone's still talking about it 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I wonder if Show is recasting Last Lauren Standing as the unlikeable b’ette (formerly played by Krazy Krystal). 

I would doubt it.  I think that the extremely strange end of show discussion with the producer was intended to make her seem less difficult since her gloominess was coming from a good place (not to be confused with television’s “good place).

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I wonder if Show is recasting Last Lauren Standing as the unlikeable b’ette (formerly played by Krazy Krystal). 

Good point. She's had this pissed little mouth in every group shot I've seen her in, and really nasty mean furious eyes, so I pegged her as a rotter - hopefully she goes off in spectacular fashion and leaves as I could not take one more solo date with her and Arie. Wow.... Notre Dame. Wow... And not even with enthusiasm. Fuck off!

Sad Krystal in her mime pants have gone - I loved that outfit! Ha. Not to wear myself, but as an outfit for her.

Arie's complexion really bothers me. I get they are all jet-lagged to hell on top of the alcohol poisoning, but he looks so goddamn awful. On Boring Lauren's boring date his face was all greasy and greenish in places and dirty brown up the sides, like the makeup artists had tried to give him back his cheek hollows; it was grotesque (and I say this as a fool who still fancies Arie, even now in his dotage!).

Chris Harrison's pancake in that outdoor shot was at least uniform. He's an old hand, probably slaps it on himself. Someone has to save Arie's complexion before we get to final four, or all the romance is GORN.

Edited by violet and green
typo
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Arie's complexion really bothers me. I get they are all jet-lagged to hell on top of the alcohol poisoning, but he looks so goddamn awful. On Boring Lauren's boring date his face was all greasy and greenish in places and dirty brown up the sides, like the makeup artists had tried to give him back his cheek hollows; it was grotesque (and I say this as a fool who still fancies Arie, even now in his dotage!).

This. Just all of this.

• Love 1

I googled pictures of Arie from bachelorette, and ouch, he’s changed a lot and not for the better.  I don’t think most people look different from 30-40, but he does.  I wonder if he has an illness like hepatitis or if he somehow got malaria.  Dude looks sick and hollow.  

I don’t know what a Rotter is, but it sounds bad, and Lauren pisses me off so there.  She’s a damn rotter. 

I would have faked illness to avoid Arie and hang around on the barge meeting super cool people..

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

God, I hope not.  I don’t think I could watch a season of her pissy face and attitude, and I will watch just about any garbage TPTB put on my television. 

• Love 4
On 2/6/2018 at 7:53 PM, calpurnia99 said:

I doubt they will be going to Florence as it is wall to wall people all the time. The historical center is tiny and millions of tourists are crammed in there every day.    It might not be as bad in November-February but every other month it is "busy"  I won't go back due to this. It was not like that in the 80's, that was for sure. You could just waltz right into the Uffizi Gallery in 1982. When I was there last, there was a 6 hour wait to get into the museum with a line winding miles around the city! Now you can reserve tickets on line for a time-slot now so you can avoid the wait.  It is a complete zoo and I think trying to film there with their large cast and crew would be problematic.   It is "busy"- much worse than Paris that is a lot bigger.  Also Tuscany is a wine region with lots of charming hill towns, which are on mountain tops with beautiful views of vineyards and cypress trees. I imagine they will go Pisa and one of these smaller hill towns. A well known one is Montepulciano. There is also Greve-in-Chianti where Chianti comes from. 

If I had been on a date in Paris, I would not have been able to shut up! I would have been rambling on and on about how interesting everything was, how different from home, my impressions and things that reminded me of it. I would have been hyper and peppy and enthusiastic. And my first time in Europe I was 19 and I was absolutely FLOORED. I'd been pretty sheltered and never traveled outside my town in Long Island. I never imagined these types of churches and fountains existed. I had my jaw on the ground! Maybe today people see more travel documentaries and know what to expect, but I had no clue and I was flabbergasted by the beauty and grandeur of what I saw.

I have been to Florence twice and it is my least favorite place in Italy. Though I adore the Accademia Gallery. Could you see the conversation between Arie and Lauren there?? Arie: "This is the original David statue by Michelangelo!". Lauren: "it's big".  Oh, I'd paid to watch that!!

I can't see any of this group really carrying the show, except Seinne and maybe Tia.

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, dleighg said:

ok lol. I thought you meant he was a former bachelor!!

4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

She's the anti-Bekah. Instead of emoting every single thing with exaggerated excitement Lauren seems more like she's in a coma but somehow manages to walk. Oh, maybe sleepwalking. Paris isn't really my top choice of place to go, I think it's a bit overhyped, but I'd be jabbering a mile a minute about everything we were passing to the point I'd be worried he was going to dump me for being more focused on the city than him.

Also, was this her first one on one date with him? I can't remember. If so, she should have been asking him questions about himself at the very least. Didn't even have to be big stuff, just SOMETHING. "Do you miss your dog?" Would have sufficed. Just so we knew she hadn't died.

ok. lol. anyome remember andrew firestones season and there was that cute little blonde amber? she was so cute to him she got way more chances than anyone deserved--during their dinner date her conversation starter was "so whats your favorite chain restaurant"LOL. but he thought she was cute so she got some extra chances.

• Love 1
On 2/6/2018 at 4:53 PM, calpurnia99 said:

I doubt they will be going to Florence as it is wall to wall people all the time. The historical center is tiny and millions of tourists are crammed in there every day.    It might not be as bad in November-February but every other month it is "busy"  I won't go back due to this. It was not like that in the 80's, that was for sure. You could just waltz right into the Uffizi Gallery in 1982. When I was there last, there was a 6 hour wait to get into the museum with a line winding miles around the city! Now you can reserve tickets on line for a time-slot now so you can avoid the wait.  It is a complete zoo and I think trying to film there with their large cast and crew would be problematic.   It is "busy"- much worse than Paris that is a lot bigger.  Also Tuscany is a wine region with lots of charming hill towns, which are on mountain tops with beautiful views of vineyards and cypress trees. I imagine they will go Pisa and one of these smaller hill towns. A well known one is Montepulciano. There is also Greve-in-Chianti where Chianti comes from. 

That might be a good reason to go though.  That way there might be people capable of carrying on a conversation and showing excitement about their surroundings.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

ok. lol. anyome remember andrew firestones season and there was that cute little blonde amber? she was so cute to him she got way more chances than anyone deserved--during their dinner date her conversation starter was "so whats your favorite chain restaurant"LOL. but he thought she was cute so she got some extra chances.

I remember that!    She said she loved Olive Garden.   The look on Andrew's face was also something I remember.    

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, hyacinth said:

I remember that!    She said she loved Olive Garden.   The look on Andrew's face was also something I remember.    

And she was like huh, you don't like Italian food?

• Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, crgirl412 said:

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:35 PM, adhoc said:

Funny, though: My first thought was that the SO lost the baby, and Arie was not there (as he often wasn't), and she had this epiphany "Who needs this? A partner who isn't there when you really need him?" I could not help wondering if the loss of trust was on her side. 

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit.  I liked Krystal's pants.  They looked comfy.  I wish I was skinny enough to wear those.  Ugh, at the end when she took that sip of wine and went "mm hmm" while nodding condescendingly. I don't know if producers set her up to be the villain but finally we have a satisfying send off instead of the Vienna or Courtney being PROPOSED TO and us having to suffer until the end.

Jacqueline sure did pop up all of the sudden didn't she?  They kissed a LOT.  Maybe the do have some physical chemistry we don't get to see on camera.  I wish we had more of her.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

ok lol. I thought you meant he was a former bachelor!!

The way I remember it was that Andrew said he liked Italian food and Amber said “me too, Olive Garden is my favorite.”  Which is actually so much worse.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

No offense taken.  I did ask my dentist about it actually and she said the worse that could happen is that I would see no difference.  She did say don't do it for an extended period of time because citrus can strip tooth enamel (even drinking lemon water or tea can do this), which is why I use it sparingly.  She even said baking powder could be used sparingly.  Much safer than whitening products in my opinion!  Works great for me!

I think you meant baking soda, not baking powder...for those following the teeth-whitening tips.

10 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Another reason to love Kendall..her every other word isn’t “like”!!!

That's wonderful!  I didn't even notice because I was in shock at the "Arie's and my conversation."  I heard her say it twice, so it wasn't an accident.  She's a hero.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, violet and green said:

She's had this pissed little mouth in every group shot I've seen her in, and really nasty mean furious eyes

Yes, Krystal was weird and phony, but Lauren is downright scary.  I don't care if your old boyfriend stopped treating you well, or how "inside your head" you might be, if you can't muster up a weak smile when everyone else is laughing you're just plain rude and if you can't enjoy the sights of Paris you'll be the sort of wife who is never satisfied.  She's not pretty enough to be that difficult   -- her nose and jaw line are both a little heavy looking.  Unless maybe Arie's planning to spend the rest of his life walking behind her to look at her good side.

• Love 3

I'm reasonably sure the Lauren B date was heavily edited, probably to set up the post-RC ITM.  If anything it was a pretty significant clue that she's important over the rest of the season.  I doubt she's boring at all; she has seemed interesting to this point.  

Sign me up for Bachelorette Kendall.  She'd be fabulous.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That's wonderful!  I didn't even notice because I was in shock at the "Arie's and my conversation."  I heard her say it twice, so it wasn't an accident.  She's a hero.

She proved in two simple phrases that she is, indeed, too good for this show, and Arie.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Shades of Scarlet said:

I'm reasonably sure the Lauren B date was heavily edited, probably to set up the post-RC ITM.

I suspect the same thing.

9 hours ago, escatefromny said:

The way I remember it was that Andrew said he liked Italian food and Amber said “me too, Olive Garden is my favorite.”  Which is actually so much worse.

No, Amber started the conversation by asking Andrew what his favorite, like, restaurant chain is:
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/23/arts/the-tv-watch-the-name-of-the-game-is-class-guys-and-gals-or-the-lack-of-it.html

Perhaps the most painful example of class conflict came on last week's episode of ''The Bachelor.'' On their first -- and last -- date, Andrew Firestone, 27, who is a great-grandson of the tire tycoon and works in his family's California vineyards, could not get a conversation going with Amber, 23, a petite, blonde and inarticulate pharmaceutical sales rep from Atlanta.

After a long, awkward silence, she made a stab at small talk. ''What's your favorite, like, restaurant chain?'' she asked.

He looked startled, and remained silent. She confided she liked Olive Garden, and when he demurred, she looked startled.

''You don't like Italian?'' she asked. ''No,'' he replied quietly, ''I don't like Olive Garden.'' Needless to say, she did not receive a rose.

Although I disagree with the article that it is a class conflict, just that Andrew had better taste in food :)  Plus, I'm nowhere near Firestone levels of money, but I prefer to stay away from chains & would rather go to locally owned establishments.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Yes, Krystal was weird and phony, but Lauren is downright scary.  I don't care if your old boyfriend stopped treating you well, or how "inside your head" you might be, if you can't muster up a weak smile when everyone else is laughing you're just plain rude and if you can't enjoy the sights of Paris you'll be the sort of wife who is never satisfied. 

Yes, I think she's scary too, because if you recall her little snippet with the producer, the first thing she says is that she is getting "pissed off at the smallest things." So, yikes. When she's got that sourpuss look on her face it's apparently not awkwardness but anger.  I'm wondering how her mandatory six months time investment before trusting someone is going to work on this show. Because last I checked, this show requires an ability to speed date. 

I looked up that restaurant that Arie and Lauren dined at. It's Le Grand Vefour, located in the arcade at the Palais Royal and was opened in 1784. Napoleon wooed Josephine there and Victor Hugo and Colette dined there in their day as well. It costs about 700 euros for two for dinner, when you are actually dining there and not using it just for background. It was truly wasted on her.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I suspect the same thing.

No, Amber started the conversation by asking Andrew what his favorite, like, restaurant chain is:
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/23/arts/the-tv-watch-the-name-of-the-game-is-class-guys-and-gals-or-the-lack-of-it.html

Although I disagree with the article that it is a class conflict, just that Andrew had better taste in food :)  Plus, I'm nowhere near Firestone levels of money, but I prefer to stay away from chains & would rather go to locally owned establishments.

my whole point was at that point in the season, Andrew had a friend there who was helping him select women--Amber had already passed our drunk at a rose ceremony yet he still picked her for a one on one--his friend said something to the effect of" Andrew really likes cute blondes so even if she doesn't have much of a personality he will be attracted to her. So like Lauren, she got extra chances because of her looks. I am SO glad I am not the only person who remember this stuff. The old show, before istagram and social media and paraside was soooo great. I do think back then some women really truly wanted to find love. wonder whatever happened to Gwen from aarons season.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

The old show, before istagram and social media and paraside was soooo great.

Several months ago ABC reran season 1, which I never saw.  Wow, compared to the show today it's night & day!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

wonder whatever happened to Gwen from aarons season.

She went on Bachelor Pad where they made fun of her for being so old --  which just goes to show when we're saying, "Oh to be skinny and blonde," we should add, "young."

I remember Gwen being the lucky princess in a big Cinderella dress on a dream date with Aaron.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

She went on Bachelor Pad where they made fun of her for being so old --  which just goes to show when we're saying, "Oh to be skinny and blonde," we should add, "young."

I remember Gwen being the lucky princess in a big Cinderella dress on a dream date with Aaron.

I don't know if she kept it, but I had no idea she went brunette after Bachelor Pad.  I'm not sure which I like better, I think she looks good both ways.

w630_GWENMAKEOVER-1302212170.jpg

3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

such a vivid memory--that was the best date---I still remember when Aaron sent her home, and he said to her " im not sure I made the right choice" and then I think she and Helene ended up writing a book together about men who are jerks. LOL.

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Several months ago ABC reran season 1, which I never saw.  Wow, compared to the show today it's night & day!

and it made the memorable characters even more memorable because they werent fake---"crazy Christy", rotting eggs woman, "stephanie whose husband died tragically in a plane crash(she was sweet though), orange peel girl. LOL so much fun!!

• Love 2
On 2/7/2018 at 12:17 PM, sauce62 said:

I'm not really seeing Lauren's beauty. She was probably so excruciatingly dull because she was in pain trying to walk in those shoes. And Arie was trying to get some food out of his teeth during their stroll. Not a good look when you're being filmed Arie.

Same here.  I just see a skinny blonde.  

• Love 3

I felt so bad for Arie when he leaned into Lauren and said, “I have a crush on you...” and then something about hoping she liked him too and she didn’t respond and had no expression. Excruciating. Poor guy. She has the blandest personality imaginable. If she had been more lively I think she could have been his number one-she is so his type looks-wise. 

Baby Bekah and the exaggerated expressions just walking down the street...STOP!!! Ugh. Too animated all the time. 

Jacqueline came out of nowhere. Early on I thought she was very business like when talking to Arie and didn’t think she had a shot in hell. I am very surprised! 

I am curious how far Becca will go? 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Baby Bekah and the exaggerated expressions just walking down the street...STOP!!! Ugh. Too animated all the time. 

This reminds me, when she said the thing about the election, all I could think was "Are you even old enough to vote???"

• Love 1

I'm really loving the Bachelor this season ... finally!  It was awful having Krystal passing through again and again, but I suppose the producers whispered in Arie's ears to keep her around a little longer for the drama.  For me though she didn't even make good television.  Really happy Jacqueline and Becca made it through, and all the remaining girls are the best of the lot I think.  Little Bekah won't last long, and it looked like Lauren was sealing her own death warrant with that little talk to some staffer at the end of the show.  Those are the next two to go in my opinion.

• Love 1

Kendall for The Bachelorette!!  Finally, someone calm and intelligent!  It might actually be tolerable.

I'd like to zzzzz.... talk about Laure.... zzzzz ..... their date.......zzzzzzzz.  God, that was boring.  I watch The Bachelor to be entertained!  I don't want to see awkward boring crap like that Lauren date!

• Love 6

I thought Krystal's outfit was very '70s and fit with her whole Landers Sisters persona. I could see her on "Dallas" trying to seduce J.R. 

Beckah still bugs me but i have to remember how young she is and if i had been on a reality show in my 20s i would have been overly animated too. I also think she secretly wants to be an actress. She would do well on stage. Can she sing? 

I just started watching season 1 of "UnREAL." I would give anything to see Constance Zimmer's character's comments about Arie in the background of this show! 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, birdmom said:

I would give anything to see Constance Zimmer's character's comments about Arie in the background of this show! 

I would kill for a webshow or something with Constance (in character) and Chris Harrison snarking on this show while drinking alcohol in comfy chairs. 

8 hours ago, Token said:

Kendall for The Bachelorette!!  Finally, someone calm and intelligent!  It might actually be tolerable.

She also seems to have a sense of humor and is comfortable with who she is. Plus, we could get group dates where she tries to get the guys to try what she tells them is human flesh (think the pee drinking date this year) or makes them take care of taxidermy pets.  Whoever takes the best care of their taxidermy pet wins a one on one date. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

She also seems to have a sense of humor and is comfortable with who she is. Plus, we could get group dates where she tries to get the guys to try what she tells them is human flesh (think the pee drinking date this year) or makes them take care of taxidermy pets.  Whoever takes the best care of their taxidermy pet wins a one on one date. 

Or she could stuff the ones that she sends home.  That would really raise the stakes of the show.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, call me ishmael said:

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Or she could stuff the ones that she sends home.  That would really raise the stakes of the show.

BWAHHHH!   That’s gold!

• Love 1