Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: All About Her

MostlyC

After Lt. Pierce's true identity is revealed, Lucifer tries to figure out his motives; Lucifer eagerly helps Chloe with a murder case to get Chloe's assistance in his own investigation; Amenadiel deals with a person health issue.

/small voice:  Do Angels get sick?  Will we be treated to a celestial sneeze?  Angel Wing male pattern baldness?

So last episode I was requesting that Lucifer just turn into a show where they screw around with  Amenadiel.

This episode they give Amenadiel a curable STD and I do a little happy dance at his rambling explanation that he accidentally slept with a prostitute and the prospect that now he has to go tell Dr Linda and Maze and that is probably going to lead to Maze being delightfully pissed off after finding out about Dr Linda/Amenadiel and  Amenadiel being screwed.

I don't know why it tickles me so much when  Amenadiel is put in these situations, but it does.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I don't know why it tickles me so much when  Amenadiel is put in these situations, but it does.

It works because he's the most unworldly/otherworldly character on the show and has been the most separate from human experiences.  So, it's hilarious when he collides with human life and its pitfalls.

Poor Ella trying to be assertive/aggressive.  I had to leave the room when Charlotte ran into Pierce at the coffee machine, but I'm looking forward to watching later (currently recording The Alienist on an honest-to-Father VCR) in hopes that she'll drop a shithammer on Pierce for making Ella sad and unsure of herself.  I like the idea of Charlotte and Ella as friends.  I do kind of wish for a weird crossover with Marvel's Netflix shows so that Charlotte Richards could meet Jeri Hogarth.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2

Show.. Ur starting to worry me... I don't need another cop procedural with an unfunny wet blanket cop and a zany "consultant" which doesn't follow rules.. Especially if he's gonna act like a list man baby who doesn't understand humans all the time... And my Lord Amenadiel just keeps getting the shortest end of all the sticks.. Get it together show or ima end up with 7 episodes saved and unwatched on my DVR 

• Love 2

and Chloe hitting on Kane... Ugh.... 

1 minute ago, CaptainTightpants said:

So Pierce is denying having anything to do with the returned wings or Lucy's missing devil face? What is even the point of having this lump on the show then?!

Hollywood....handsome white man... There you go. 

• Love 3

I really never thought I could hate Lucifer. But it is his stupid idea that Pierce sticks around in one of the most contrived conversations/plotlines ever. I could have slapped his face when he suggested Pierce stay and they team up! Why must this steaming pile of a story drag out!!!

7 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Hollywood....handsome white man... There you go

Respectfully disagree, he is not at all handsome.  He must know somebody. 

Edited by CaptainTightpants
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, CaptainTightpants said:

In other unsurprising news, Chloe is still awful and shrill. I'm starting to lose the faith here. 

Did they replace the writers on this show? What is going on?

That scene at the police station.. OMG " you betrayed me.. I mean she knows he's only kinda selfish.. But as usual she's just extra.. And are amenadiel and Lucifer brothers.. Has luci even told amenadiel that Charlotte is back.. Or that Kane is around... Come on show... 

• Love 2

Three things:

1. "Lucifer" is missing from the main Forums page - what's that all about?

2. A whole lot of negative comments about the show but I really liked this weeks show, especially to the clip from a show from Season 2 where all we see is Cain's hands putting a file folder in the Celestial file; also, a bunch of unexplained events from previous shows all suddenly were explained. Cain suddenly got very interesting and gives Lucifer both a foil and a quasi-partner.

3. Someone please tell whoever does the subtitles for Fox that they are misspelling Cain as Kane (or is this deliberate?).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Arthur said:

Three things:

1. "Lucifer" is missing from the main Forums page - what's that all about?

2. A whole lot of negative comments about the show but I really liked this weeks show, especially to the clip from a show from Season 2 where all we see is Cain's hands putting a file folder in the Celestial file; also, a bunch of unexplained events from previous shows all suddenly were explained. Cain suddenly got very interesting and gives Lucifer both a foil and a quasi-partner.

3. Someone please tell whoever does the subtitles for Fox that they are misspelling Cain as Kane (or is this deliberate?).

Lucifer already had a foil and a quasi-partner in Amenadiel. Who seems to have been completely sidelined into an unnessary  romantic B grade plotline along with Linda and Maze. I miss the days when they all had good scenes and steady characterization. 

I'm glad someone managed to enjoy this episode, because I found it to be pretty dreadful. 

I really liked some myth arc progression, loved Charlotte's takedown of Pierce, Dan's hotness and wild edge showing, he was golden on the wide ocean funeral scene, and he and Chloe have a real rhythm together now.   

Felt like the old show to me.  Pierce can stay in this new nemisis role.  This was tons better than what we left off with before break.

The 4 add on episodes have done this season no favors .  But hoping the pace picks up soon.  As Amenediel is not a nemisis I suspect his B plot is to keep him around for some heroics come season end.

Or, they're all becoming very human at this point, felt bad for Maze. Interesting idea for Pierce to hit Lucifer while he was next to Chloe, and spends the dual romance fears nicely.  Well done, show.

4 hours ago, janeta said:

-sigh-  i would have preferred if Ella had stayed  tight-lipped.

Me too, is was so nice not to have to listen to her inane babble

This episode was just meh for me, the show is just not as good as it used to be.

• Love 1

I haven't seen the episode in full yet, just a few parts of scenes.  I didn't find Ella being "tight-lipped" to be fun because Ella was obviously uncomfortable since she was forcing herself to act in unnatural (to her) ways.  I still want to them to come back and touch base about the voices.  I think it'd be intriguing to learn that Ella's bubbly and sometimes manic personality was a symptom of a deeper mental issue with which she struggles.  I don't know, I just think Ella would be much more interesting as a "manic-depressive fighting to live a fulfilling life" than as yet another "manic pixie dream girl."

• Love 4

This show isn’t what it used to be. It’s just another boring cop show. With a weak female lead. Bad acting and a boring character are not a good combination. 

It’s too bad Ella is so unaware that the problem with her talking so much is the inane childish babble that comes out of her mouth. She talks and acts like a 12 year old. 

Its hard to believe how downhill this show has gone. It’s too bad. It was so well done up to this season. What happened? 

• Love 1

Is it weird my biggest pet peeve was that the close captioning kept referring to him as "Kane".  Wasn't it "Cain"?    

Anyway - Cain is sick of living forever, but as a murderer, if he died wouldn't he be off to Hell?   Where he can spend an eternity suffering all over again?   Although, wasn't it Lucifer who pointed out that the Hell isn't locked and its only your guilt that keeps you there?    Although I suppose if Cain's only regret is he's sick of his punishment, then I suppose he's still not quite on the forgiveness train yet.

I hated the Amenadiel subplot. An STD? Really? And he would go to a doctor and LET him take a sample of anything? What about the fear of a human seeing the Devine? Is he so human now he has no fear of that? And I don't like the love triangle or buy the relationship with Linda. She is surrounded by angels and demons and I can't buy she'd step into a relationship like that with one of them. It's too mind blowing and I think she's smarter than that. She already slept with the devil and had a mini breakdown. 

Chloe is still awful and Welling didn't improve.  I didn't even LOl this time. They need to stop playing Lucifer as a baffoon. He's the devil. He's been around since the beginning of time and is also supposed to understand the human psyche well enough to make deals.  I'd rather they play him as knowing what he's doing, maybe so distracted by celestial goings on that he doesn't always pay attention but not completely clueless on human emotions.

so I feel like I should put a positive note here. Actually liked Charlotte being smarter and sticking up for Ella. Chloe being concerned about Dan and Maze using Trixie's art to cover knife marks. 

Also thereare many shows I liked in the third season. They hit their stride, Xfiles, Supernatural, Buffy...im sure there are more.  I was just hoping for more from this show this season. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

In other unsurprising news, Chloe is still awful and shrill. I'm starting to lose the faith here. 

Did they replace the writers on this show? What is going on?

Is that puppet Angel in your pic?  If so? Awesome!  One of my all time favorite Angel episodes.

On topic:  I was hoping once we it was revealed that he is the Cain that we'd get some interesting backstory.  What actually happened, what has he seen/lived through, why did he choose to become a cop, what in the hell was actually doing with the sineater as a partner.  Not just an episode of whining about him being sad that he can't die.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CaptainTightpants said:

You bet it is! Smile Time is still one of my favorite episodes of any show ever. (:

Off topic, but my friend actually bought me a puppet Angel doll.  lol  Its regular face though, not vamp face.  On topic:  I thought the show was more like its old self.  I liked the Cain character better now that he is out in the open.  I loved Charlotte's takedown of him...very well done.  Heh.  I don't like the 'tri-angle' (tri-angel?) with Linda/Amy/Maze though.  At all.  The fact that Linda was so frightened of Maze when Maze gave her the knife gift was a bummer, and now it looks like she will need to be frightened.  :-(  Yuck.

Honestly, I thought this was an improvement over the last few weeks. It isn't at the shows high points of last season, but it was at least better than it has been this season (with a few exceptions) and it seemed to be closer to greatness. 

I think my favorite part was Dan and the surfers, it was nice to see more of what he does for fun, and to allow him to show some competence and he and Chloe had some nice moments. Plus, I just enjoyed the MoTW in general, and I liked how it turned out, and the various characters we met throughout. I enjoy when shows like this explore various subcultures, especially when they dont demonize them. 

I actually thought Cain was a bit more interesting in this episode, and him being an ancient biblical figure who is trying to end his life is more interesting than him just being an asshole who gets in the way of Chloe/Lucifer. At least its back to a more supernatural focus, instead of just being another procedural. 

Not looking forward to Maze and Dr. Linda being at odds. When Ame and Linda kissed, I was like "and Maze sees them in 3...2...1..."

You know, Cain might have been a dick to Ella for yelling at her, but...Ella has been going WAY too hard on the manic part of manic pixie dream girl stuff, so its hard to blame him. If she could just find a balance between being chipper, and being professional, that would be nice. You know, like last season?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Is that puppet Angel in your pic?  If so? Awesome!  One of my all time favorite Angel episodes.

"I do not have puppet cancer!" LOL

28 minutes ago, AlleC17 said:

Off topic, but my friend actually bought me a puppet Angel doll.  lol  Its regular face though, not vamp face.  

I have the battle damaged one :-)

• Love 1

Well, I got to say, this was one of the beter episodes in this season after quite a while (four or five episodes to be exact). Kudos, to those who called it what Cain wants from Lucifer. Hmm, maybe he can be killed by that sword, which can kill angels. Does Lucifer still has it or was it made defunct after sending Mother away?

• Love 1

I loved DB's reaction/performance but I hate that he's been given so little to do, hasn't had a scene with Charlotte, who knows when he'll find out about Cain, and this is what he gets. I don't like triangles in general, and I love Maze and Linda's friendship, so this is making me unhappy. I did love the reveal Trixie's pictures cover up knife holes, though!

I don't like that Lucifer is continuing to be slow. Lucifer realized the vulnerability thing with Chloe and ran right over to test it. He figured out "Dr. Caanan" awfully fast. He shouldn't have needed it spelled out for him that Cain was testing out if Chloe would make him vulnerable. The therapy scene with Linda did feel like "old times" though, and that was nice. And Dan got something to do, so good there.

What is Charlotte's job with DA's office? Unless you're Barba on SVU prosecutors generally don't hang out with the squads during cases. They should have just had her go back to being a cop, since they did say originally she was one.

Over all it was a mix for me. There were good moments, but it wasn't amazing. I'm tired of Chloe being mad at Lucifer bit, and I actually like when they're a team (not romantically!)

I feel compelled to add that I consider "Smile Time" the gold standard of TV.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Rushmoras said:

Well, I got to say, this was one of the beter episodes in this season after quite a while (four or five episodes to be exact). Kudos, to those who called it what Cain wants from Lucifer. Hmm, maybe he can be killed by that sword, which can kill angels. Does Lucifer still has it or was it made defunct after sending Mother away?

IIRC, he tossed the blade with its guard (God Johnson's belt buckle) into Mom's universe after she went through, and kept the key that held the pieces together (Amenadiel's necklace) to give back to him, eliminating the possibility that anyone else could reassemble the flaming sword and get the ultimate weapon.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, MissL said:

And I don't like the love triangle or buy the relationship with Linda. She is surrounded by angels and demons and I can't buy she'd step into a relationship like that with one of them. It's too mind blowing and I think she's smarter than that. She already slept with the devil and had a mini breakdown.

She got past the mini-breakdown.  She doesn't see Lucifer as THE DEVIL so much as a patient and person who needs her counsel.  Maze isn't a DEMON so much as her friend.  She sees Lucifer, Maze and, yes, Amenadiel as people and not just angels and demons.  So, to Linda Amenadiel isn't one of "them,"  He's a person she likes and trusts enough to take to her bed.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

What is even the point of having this lump on the show then?!

20 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Hollywood....handsome white man... There you go. 

20 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

Respectfully disagree, he is not at all handsome.  He must know somebody. 

Welling headlined Smallville for 10 seasons. That's no mean feat. There is only so far that "knowing somebody" or "fucking someone" can take you. And it certainly doesn't get you 10 seasons of a TV show. The reality is that he's ticking some boxes as to both competency and desirability because otherwise he'd be resigned to the handsome untalented trash-heap or the unattractive talented pile or the untalented unattractive trash-heap.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, MissL said:

hated the Amenadiel subplot. An STD? Really? And he would go to a doctor and LET him take a sample of anything?

His symptoms sounded like a cold. Did I mishear?

7 hours ago, AConspiracy said:

Fox's closed caption spells it Kane. They must not read the Bible. Or maybe he purposefully misspells it to throw people off from associating him with the immortal Cain.

Except he doesn't spell it anywhere. He goes by Pierce.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
8 minutes ago, johntfs said:

She got past the mini-breakdown.  She doesn't see Lucifer as THE DEVIL so much as a patient and person who needs her counsel.  Maze isn't a DEMON so much as her friend.  She sees Lucifer, Maze and, yes, Amenadiel as people and not just angels and demons.  So, to Linda Amenadiel isn't one of "them,"  He's a person she likes and trusts enough to take to her bed.

I know that Linda accepts Luci, Maze and Amenadiel as her friends as more than just angels and demons but she knows Amenadiel stopped time to save her life, she knows he's an Angel, she's seen Lucifer's devil face and still asks Luci questions about people he tortured and she met the mother of all creation. I believe she cares about them and accepts them and that she's recovered from her initial shock but seeing them as "people" has to be a stretch. She KNOWS they are all much more than that.  That's a lot to brush aside and to focus only on not hurting Maze as a reason not to sleep with him. It is so simplistic.  Brush aside that I hate that three characters  I love are doing nothing more than being stuck in a stupid love triangle B plot, she should be a bit freaked out to be in a relationship with an Angel who seems to be on Gods bad side right now.  Man I'd love to see Amenadiel on some kind of quest to truly figure out why he lost everything. Some more conversation between The brothers about that would be nice too.

• Love 2

Chloe's relationship with Cain is like her relationship with Lucifer. She's falling again for someone whose true nature she doesn't know and she's going to be kept in the dark again. Not good. Luci is becoming exhausting. Also, I think Amenadiel, Maze and Linda deserve better plots. Everything about their love triangle feels old: of course there's a scene where Maze thanked Linda and made her feel guilty, of course she was watching them at the restaurant. And I just don't understand why, having so many interesting things to tell, you would choose to write a plot about Ella being sad because Pierce yelled at her. 

One thing I loved, though: Chloe's new screensaver (a naked Lucifer, courtesy of Lucifer himself).

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Helena Dax said:

And I just don't understand why, having so many interesting things to tell, you would choose to write a plot about Ella being sad because Pierce yelled at her. 

Because it's kind of a touchstone for everyone - presumably we've all had moment where we disappointed or annoyed someone we admire.  Plus it continues to showcase the budding friendship between one of the nicest, sweetest person on the show (Ella) and one of the darkest, most ruthless people (Charlotte).  It got us the neat little bit with Charlotte channeling her inner Queen Bitch with Pierce.  It reminds me of the bit in Pulp Fiction with Samuel L Jackson and Tim Roth at the diner.  Charlotte is still the "tyranny of evil men" but she's clearly trying really hard to be the "shepherd." 

I, for one, spent the whole episode waiting for it to be revealed that the only person who could kill Cain was his mother, Eve, and that at the end, she would show up, and become a player in the rest of the season, maybe even killing Cain. Or she shows up to convince him not to want to die, or something. I figured the title of the episode, All About Her, was a play on the movie All About Eve, hence, being the welcoming episode for Eve. Especially considering we just found out who Pierce is, it seemed logical that the rest of his family would start showing up. I thought it was a clever title/foreshadowing, but I guess I thought about it too hard. 

I am a little disappointed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I, for one, spent the whole episode waiting for it to be revealed that the only person who could kill Cain was his mother, Eve, and that at the end, she would show up, and become a player in the rest of the season, maybe even killing Cain. Or she shows up to convince him not to want to die, or something. I figured the title of the episode, All About Her, was a play on the movie All About Eve, hence, being the welcoming episode for Eve. Especially considering we just found out who Pierce is, it seemed logical that the rest of his family would start showing up. I thought it was a clever title/foreshadowing, but I guess I thought about it too hard. 

I am a little disappointed. 

We all are friend... WE ALL ARE

Y'all, I think I might be done with this show. Amenadiel has lost the gravitas and power that I loved and is a bumbling goof. Chloe is shrill and unlikable, Dan is dumber and dumber, Ella has become an absolute embarrassment and is completely juvenile and unprofessional, and Lucifer is not scary or dangerous in the least. Everything I loved about the early episodes of this show are gone. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, MissL said:

They need to stop playing Lucifer as a baffoon. He's the devil. He's been around since the beginning of time and is also supposed to understand the human psyche well enough to make deals.  I'd rather they play him as knowing what he's doing, maybe so distracted by celestial goings on that he doesn't always pay attention but not completely clueless on human emotions.

AMEN!  

I'm close to leaving this show.  Some how the previews for next week give me hope.

13 hours ago, emma675 said:

Y'all, I think I might be done with this show. Amenadiel has lost the gravitas and power that I loved and is a bumbling goof. Chloe is shrill and unlikable, Dan is dumber and dumber, Ella has become an absolute embarrassment and is completely juvenile and unprofessional, and Lucifer is not scary or dangerous in the least. Everything I loved about the early episodes of this show are gone. 

Amen. 

What happened to this show? This one used to be the one show that didn't disappoint me. While I liked this episode a bit better than some of the previous ones, this whole season has been a disappointment. Did they get new writers or run out of ideas? 

Sakura12, in my opinion, it did not help that they aired one normal episode and then some stand alone episodes, then made a break, then again normal episode, then some stand alone episodes some more, then made a break for Xmas, one flashback, break and normal again. The pacing for me as a viewer went somewhere over the hills. Plus, the Lucifer is acting like R. Castle more and more every episode with a glimpse of supernatural behind it. There was barily any Maze or Trixie. Lucy and Amenedude are becoming more and more human, while Lucy is becoming also more and more abnoxious douche and Amenedude just an inexperienced comic relief. Anyways, I don't know whether this season is worse then S2, but it is definatelly different from S1.

That being said. Since Amenedude is "human" now, where does he work and gets money from? Or does Lucifer support his dead beat ass?

Edited by Rushmoras
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

קַיִן  (Nun sofit.)

When I was looking it up, I saw both as well as קנה  which didn't make any sense!  But you are right -- we should use the "final" form.

One thing I loved, though: Chloe's new screensaver (a naked Lucifer, courtesy of Lucifer himself).

That made me laugh out loud. As did the moment when Ella offers Pierce a hug at the end and he rolls his eyes with a smile as she hugs him.  And the way Lucifer re-filed Chloe's case folders. Heee.

• Love 1