Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: All About Her

MostlyC

Hey, it's Auran from Inhumans!  Fun seeing her as the leader of the surfer gang.  At least she wasn't the killer, although I figured it was going to be one of the rich snobs after they made the effort to show them sneering about the dead body and everything.  Having a beach front house and complaining about surfers totally sounds like a L.A. problem!

So, Pierce/Cain's deal is that he wants to die and was hoping Chloe would do the trick after finding out that Lucifer is vulnerable around her.  Of course, that didn't work, so instead he and Lucifer are going to team up and figure out how to end him.  Also, while he is taking credit for knocking out Lucifer, he claims innocence about giving him his wings back or taking away his devil face.  Is this "dad's" doing or is something else going on?

All in all, I'm no huge fan of Pierce and maybe he was being rude, but Ella's pity party really strain credibility for me.  Lately, her zany behavior has been obnoxious, and I really can't blame him for finally snapping.  And I about died when she claimed that what he did was unprofessional, because it's not like Ella has been really professional either to be honest with all her remarks, fawning, and blabber mouth (granted, if the precinct actually cared about that, Lucifer would have been banned from building years ago.)  Either way, I found the whole thing dumb.

Of course Maze was going to catch Amenadiel and Linda during their goodbye (?) kiss.  Hell will have no fury like a scorn demon, I'm going to guess.

One of the better episodes of this season, but I agree that it is falling short compared to the first two.

4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, Pierce/Cain's deal is that he wants to die and was hoping Chloe would do the trick after finding out that Lucifer is vulnerable around her.  Of course, that didn't work, so instead he and Lucifer are going to team up and figure out how to end him.  Also, while he is taking credit for knocking out Lucifer, he claims innocence about giving him his wings back or taking away his devil face.  Is this "dad's" doing or is something else going on?

I still believe that it's only Chloe to whom Lucifer can't show his devil face; the same way he's physically vulnerable in her presence.  Since he tried to show Chloe his true nature, he hasn't tried to use his devil face on anyone else.  He has it in his mind that it was somehow taken from him in the desert, but I'm still not convinced that's the case.  The return of his wings, I have no answer for. 

2 hours ago, Ailianna said:

I thought the rich husband was Greg Kinear, and thought he would appear again.  Then he wasn't even shown again.  Did I entirely make up Greg Kinear?

I thought the same thing at first, but it was a different actor, not Greg Kinnear.

Lucifer could show Chloe his wings.. I think that would sufficiently clue her in.. Or maybe maze could whip out her demon face.. It would finally mive the story along and maybe end all of Chloe's confusion and the shrillness and complaining that confusion causes

• Love 1

I did like the bits explaining Pierce/Cain's motives in cozying up to Decker, getting himself shot, and having Lucifer bushwhacked and dumped in the desert (I hadn't noticed last season that Chloe passed by in the background, rendering him vulnerable). It explains a lot and seems to hold together as a narrative, as well as confirming my feeling that the changes Lucifer's suffered have to be the result of someone a lot higher up the tree (my money's still on it being a parting gift from Mum now that Lucifer is assuming it was Dad for reasons that frankly sound unlikely). Still wondering what the Sinnerman was up to with antagonizing Lucifer and trying to goad him into murder, though—that doesn't seem to align with Cain's goals OR thwart them as one might expect from a former protege gone rogue.

On 1/22/2018 at 9:03 PM, janeta said:

-sigh-  i would have preferred if Ella had stayed  tight-lipped.

Amen. I'd be happy to send the show some needle and thread or a stapler if it would help. IMHO Charlotte has earned a return trip to Hell by virtue of ending that blessed interlude of quiet professionalism.

On 1/23/2018 at 0:58 PM, GaT said:

"I do not have puppet cancer!" LOL

I have the battle damaged one :-)

I have the vampire-faced one. And back in 2004 I was actually crazy enough to get in touch with the principal puppeteer from that episode and get a quote for having a custom-made replica created before the retail version came out. (Thank God sanity resumed before I could spend four figures on commissioning one!)

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

All in all, I'm no huge fan of Pierce and maybe he was being rude, but Ella's pity party really strain credibility for me.  Lately, her zany behavior has been obnoxious, and I really can't blame him for finally snapping.  And I about died when she claimed that what he did was unprofessional, because it's not like Ella has been really professional either to be honest with all her remarks, fawning, and blabber mouth (granted, if the precinct actually cared about that, Lucifer would have been banned from building years ago.)  Either way, I found the whole thing dumb.

In truth I suspect that Lucifer's wings/face has more to do with Mom than Dad.  When Lucifer used the full power of the Blade to send Mom home he activated the Life and Death parts.  The Death part "killed" his devil face and the Life part restored his wings.  Basically, Lucifer did this stuff to himself and is blaming Dad, Cain and everyone else for his "problem."  Which is completely in character.

The thing with Pierce is that he'd just murdered someone he (apparently) cared about (Sinnerman).  No one, including Ella, knew that, so everyone was giving him props for bagging a dangerous criminal (who was newly blinded, but whatever).  Right that second Ella's babbling was just too much, so he snapped at her instead of doing what he likely normally did which was selectively tune her out as background noise unless she was specifically talking about a case.  For my part, I don't find Ella to be unprofessional.  She does her job and does it well.  Her talking is part of her personality but we've never seen it really interfere with her work.  Also, figure Ella is a bit of the precinct mascot.  If somebody's retiring, she'll bake a cake.  If somebody has the flu, she'll take them chicken soup because she's that that kind of kind person.  I admit that I did find it amusing that right after Charlotte told Ella that "Nobody will stand up for you," Charlotte stood up for her with Pierce.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, johntfs said:

For my part, I don't find Ella to be unprofessional.  She does her job and does it well. 

I've been copying the earlier episodes from this year, in part to have them in the order presented in case the DVD switches them around, and I had my first Ella has changed moment.  
Chloe's birthday party.  The big cake comes in.  The beefcake emerges and dances.  Chloe thanks...Lucifer...he said it wasn't his idea and the camera pans up to Ella on the second floor walkway who sprinkles confetti all over the work room.,  
A woman working surrounded by men wouldn't bring a male stripper in and wouldn't do a confetti dump all over police files. Not if she wanted to be accepted as an equal.  and then the twerking in the work place.  

IMO Ella Season 2 was a good character, a positive addition to a work force.  Season 3 Ella is a whole different chick and unprofessional.  
When Chloe met Cain, to me she came across as a blithering idiot.  Could Cain be affected the women?  

And has there been any wonder at the name Ella, She in Spanish and probably similar in other Latin related languages?  

• Love 2

General thoughts, in no particular order.

LOVED having Dan get to be a material part of the investigation, and (shallow), ahhhh, those abs.  Thank you, Mr. Alejandro. 

For the first time since his initial appearance, Pierce/Cain is a bit interesting to me.  I am NOT on the Chloe moons over him bandwagon, except to the extent it might help Lucy see/learn some things about himself so we can move that story aspect along.  

Appreciate Charlotte taking on a protector role with Ella, but that would not be necessary if the writers/directors had not made Ella a caricature of her former quirky but mostly charming self.  So, SHOW, please figure this out and either return Ella to charming or move her along to a tiny, mostly invisible role because the current iteration is a disservice to her and the show.

Unless they come up with something cool for the Linda/Maze/Amy thing, and in a hurry, I will be both bored and pissed.  The Linda Factor is critical for Maze now that she's less entertaining as a demon, and throwing something this trite in there is lazy.  They fight over a man (ok, angel, but to them both, he's functioning mostly as a traditional dude).  These amazing women should be above this pettiness. 

I'm okay with a little reputation in Chloe's responses to Lucy being himself, but they are getting very tiring.  Sure, it's probably off-putting to have your partner be a selfish tool over and over, but it's time to move on from this.  They need to come up with a way for her to compartmentalize Lucy being Lucy without having the same reaction every time-- because it's getting whiny and dull, which, in turn, makes Ms. German look like she can't carry off the scene. 

• Love 4
On 1/28/2018 at 7:50 PM, White Sheep said:

He said Sinner man was his right hand man?  So that implies he has at least "two" people working for him.  So how big do you think his crew is?

I can't tell if you're just making a joke or not, but the expression "right hand man" does not to me signify he had at least two people working for him (ie there is not necessarily a "left hand man" if that's what you're going for when you say "two"). It just means his most trusted adviser/helper/assistant. That could mean Sinnerman was also his only assistant or there could have been some sort of crew.

I’m sick of Decker being a special snowflake to everyone . Writers are lazy. This story been told 100 times already. She the magic key blah blah. Tom W acting is awful. I’m looking forward on how his character will be killed off! 

Linda making out with Amy was hot. Why Maze is mad? Stupid plot lol.