Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Ain't No Misbehaving

• Start Topic

Teresa models in a photo shoot for her upcoming book; Dolores takes her son Frankie on a college tour; the Gorgas prepare for their restaurant opening; Teresa and Melissa go head-to-head over a business decision; Danielle receives some closure.

• Love 1

Joe seems like he doesn’t take Melissa’s store seriously. I still don’t really get if she actually owns the store, or she’s just the face of the brand for the show, etc. so maybe if it’s not really hers that’s why he doesn’t care about it, but he seems like he thinks her passion for owning a boutique is silly or stupid. But it’s ok for him to own a restaurant despite having no previous experience? And she’s supposed to be willing to drop her stuff at the top of a hat to help with it? He never helps her with Envy so why should she help with or care about the restaurant? 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

Joe seems like he doesn’t take Melissa’s store seriously. I still don’t really get if she actually owns the store, or she’s just the face of the brand for the show, etc. so maybe if it’s not really hers that’s why he doesn’t care about it, but he seems like he thinks her passion for owning a boutique is silly or stupid. But it’s ok for him to own a restaurant despite having no previous experience? And she’s supposed to be willing to drop her stuff at the top of a hat to help with it? He never helps her with Envy so why should she help with or care about the restaurant? 

While I definitely agree that Joe doesn't seem to take Melissa's boutique seriously, he *did* help doing work to set up the original store (think he built/installed shelving).

I'd love to get a followup on what happened to his garbage/shredding business that he invested in with no input from Melissa.

• Love 5

Even if Joe helped with the initial setup of the store, as far as we’ve seen he doesn’t help her currently. It’s not like he’s in there manning the cash register or anything, but he expects her to be at the restaurant and cooking, waitressing, hostessting, or whatever. She helped him set up the place in that one episode where she put up the photographs. That would be a fair trade-off for what he did with Envy before it opened. But he hasn’t been involved since, as far as we know, and I don’t think it’s really fair that he expects her to be working at the restaurant, especially when she never (supposedly) wanted it in the first place.

• Love 13

I'll write it off to a cultural thing.  There seems to be a very clearly set role for each of them in the marriage.  As long as no one is unhappy with the role-set, they can carry on as far as I'm concerned.  I wouldn't personally be happy with it, but I didn't marry the guy.

• Love 8

I agree. They seem to have a very traditional Italian marriage where the man works to support the family and the wife takes care of the home/children. If it works for them, fine.

• Love 5

I can't even muster up the energy to full-on hate-watch this. Is Jillian going to feel more comforted when she hears her mother screaming at her *racial slur* boyfriend for giving her *racial slur* weed? Teresa is horrible but she wasn't so during the first season. Danielle asked for and instigated everything she got that year and I hate that Bravo brought her back like she wasn't Satan's handmaiden, then started running repeats of her ridiculous behavior once it came out the cast heard the tapes. 

And since my new year's resolution to be less judgey has clearly gone out the window, Teresa can also take a big bite saying Joe needs to be accountable. This from the woman who said her only part in criminal behavior was to not read what she signed. Then the only reason she went to jail was she didn't read the plea agreement. I can't with her. 

Also, Siggy? No one can bring up Hitler but apparently it's appropriate to shout over your Holocaust-survivor dad? What is wrong with these people?

• Love 14

Siggy didn't want to hear a damn word her father said, she kept cutting him off. She just wanted to bitch some more on how awful Margaret can be.

Siggy's Father needs to get her to the DR asap to get the white shirt strapped on.

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 18

Next week...........Marge ignored me all night, I can't believe she didn't even say helllo. Her Mom wouldn't even look at me. 

Is giving the silent treatment in the relationship text book? 

Siggy is batchit crazy!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 19
5 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Siggy is batchit crazy!!!!!!!!!

It sucks that Siggy's nonsense has generated most of the conflict for the season.  My friend thinks it guarantees she'll be back next season.  

And the season finale already?  That gives them only one more episode than season 2 of Dallas.  Are the Housewives shows dying?  

• Love 6
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:01 PM, BogoGog24 said:

Maybe he knows that Melissa has a poor track record when it comes to being serious about a career.  Whatever happened to her so-called singing career (where he actually built her a home recording studio).  Then she wanted to be an author.  The restaurant is meant to be business for the Gorga family, so the expectation of her helping out would make sense. 

As it turned out, Melissa (and BRAVO) are being sued by her ex-Envy partner.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It sucks that Siggy's nonsense has generated most of the conflict for the season.  My friend thinks it guarantees she'll be back next season.  

Fortunately it’s been confirmed that The Sigmonster won’t be back next year. Thank sweet merciful Zeus!! 

She behaved like such an ass at the party. Speaking of the party, that food looked so good!  

That apology scene between Tre and Danielle’s daughter was all kinds of awkward. Her daughter is really lovely though. I wonder if they take after their dad, or if that’s what D used to look like before all her cosmetic enhancements. 

• Love 14

I think Danielle’s older daughter has been much more critical of Teresa than this girl.  If I were to recall one scene ever that I thought Teresa was fairly decent, it had to do with Danielle’s older daughter.  Someone was claiming that Theresa was jealous of how the girl’s modeling career was taking off (I think Danielle was levying the accusation) as Gia was interested in modeling too.  Theresa correctly reminded the audience that there was a significant age difference between the two girls and that she more or less wished Danielle’s daughter all the best and then blew her a really sweet kiss.  So I guess I really think it’s too bad that she’s being called to task for Danielle’s daughters.  Danielle did some super crazy stuff back in season one and two.

• Love 9

Wow.  Ms. Counselor or whatever Soggy says she is couldn't walk over and be cordial to an older woman, say hello nice to meet you, make small talk - love your dress, nice weather, we're having, and say oh it was so nice to meet you, enjoy your evening.  How difficult is that for the relationship expert?  Apparently, very difficult.

She told her Dad half the story, and he even said basically just make nice, be cordial, but don't get into any big discussions.  She took that to mean avoid, I must avoid the eveeeel women.  What a dufus.  She's all for empowerment, blah, blah, blah, but she's basically a wuss.  How many people have to work with people they cannot stand or rub them the wrong way?  You learn how to deal with it.

Joe is acting like an old school 1950's husband, but I think it's part of the script.

Teresa's apology was awkward.  And honestly, Danielle's done stuff on her own that would've gotten her daughters teased mercilessly.  Didn't she strip or do something on line or on demand (as in 'adult entertainment')?

All they had to do was to find "da book" anyhow.  I'm sure there's plenty of details in "da book", and I'm sure everyone in their schools knew every detail.   I'd even bet that Danielle made sure that the cast or crew new about "da book", so it'd secure her spot on the show.  If I recall, she was pretty cash strapped in seasons 1 & 2.

• Love 16

Siggy is fucked. I really hope she is gone because I can’t stand looking at her face. There are plenty of ppl I don’t like but it’s calked being an adult and faking it and being civil. Also if Someone is mean to my mom like that I might snap a bit. What did Margaret’s Mom do to Siggy? She can’t just fucking say hi. How has Siggy made it this far in life..ugh.

Get the fuck out of here with Danielle’s daughters. The prostitution whore thing happened so long ago. And to put everything on Teresa is a joke. Danielle is a nut job. I’m sure she’s cause lots of problems for her kids. Maybe her daughters need to move on and get a grip.

I love Italian food. I have been to Italy 3 times and lived there for 7 months. I just wanted to reach thru my tv and eat all that food  tonight.

• Love 11

If Jan Josephs is single, I would like to meet him if I were single.

The gentleman who is the father of She Who Shall Not Be Named And Who I Thank Heaven Is On Her Way OUT seems even lovelier than Mr. Josephs! What a treat to be able to listen in on two (2!) wise elders tonight!

Teresa took full responsibility for her bad behavior! Melissa admitted she knows how to keep Joe and Tre happy and that she loves them and will do what it takes!  I love that these women are growing in maturity!  

I muted the tv when Saggy was on, used CC when her dad was on. He has to be pretty embarrassed by her. He and her mom seem wonderful & it just goes to show, sometimes weird fruit can fall from a good tree. 

I think it pretty unlikely that Marg’d stepkids are going to reconcile anytime soon, and can’t say I blame ‘em. And while I think it’s pretty disingenuous of her to use it as a storyline on a trash tv show and think they’ll ever come back, at least she retains a little self respect and dignity when she tells Jan she won’t give up, and asks him to mediate as much as he can. 

Identified  with the Catania family in both their arcs.  This, Bravo, is the reality that’s interesting to me.  In case you wanna know.

Restaurant opening was well documented — loved everything except SWMNBN!

• Love 9

Siggy marches to the beat of her own drum...and it's a one-woman song about the EVILs of Margaret.  Now she's trying to get her father to sing along, and I really hope this is all for the cameras.  

Siggy's father has some common sense. Too bad Siggy did not want to listen and talked over him. Siggy feels like Margaret should repent more for what I do not know. So Margaret got what she perceived as a nice text from Siggy about her party invite, then later that day Siggy cannot even be cordial at the restaurant opening and gives Margaret the silent treatment. It was so odd, but I should not be surprised it is Siggy we are talking about. I am sure Siggy will twist her ignoring Margaret into Margaret somehow slighting her because she is evil or some other BS.

I dislike the revisionist history with Danielle about everything that happened in season one and two. Teresa is an idiot but everything that happened during the first two seasons were not all her fault. If it wasn't the "prostitution whore" comment, I am sure kids would have teased Danielle's daughters about plenty of other things their mom said and did during her stint on the show. I wonder if they ever directed their anger at Danielle about her actions. Hell, her daughters should be embarrassed about Danielle's behavior at the restaurant opening. Of course that was not shown on the show, but I think articles have made the rounds on the internet.

My unpopular opinion is that I do not mind a shorter season. I would have loved a shorter season of RHOC or even the currently airing RHBH.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 9

Siggy needs professional help. She is always on the verge of loosing it and bursting into tears, all glassy eyed and crazy. It is exhausting watching her and hearing her revisionist history!!! Her behavior at the party was pathetic.  I have watched every episode more than once, I just do not see what Margaret ever did or said to Siggy that warrants all this nonsense. Thank goodness she will not be back.

Dolores and Frank...don't care!!!  She can leave with Siggy. The preview for next week when she calls Margaret a slob... Really?? Who the hell does she think she is? I hope Margaret has both of them thrown out on the curb.

NJ used to pull huge ratings in its heyday. There has been a big decline over the last 2 seasons.

I hate to say it but I think Bravo will get Caroline and Jacqueline to come back to team up with Dolores.

Dolores, Caroline, Jacqueline, maybe dig up thirsty as hell Kathy+Raging Rosie VS. Teresa, Melissa, Margaret, and Danielle.

As much as the almighty, sanctimonious Caroline irks me, and well Jacqueline is nuts...but that would be interesting atleast.  

Bravo needs to do something this show is circling the drain.

• Love 3

The preview for next week when she calls Margaret a slob... Really?? Who the hell does she think she is? I hope Margaret has both of them thrown out on the curb.

My thought was Delores was really calling Danielle a slob and it was edited to look like she was calling Margaret a slob in the promos. I am probably wrong though.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Joe is acting like an old school 1950's husband, but I think it's part of the script.

This is not a script for these folks. They do have a 1950s marriage. Remember the marital rape controversy from her book.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/melissa-gorga-book-martial-rape_n_3984112.html

She didn't even poop in the house because she didn't want Joe to know that her body did that.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4

Siggy is so exhausting. She felt enough past the Margaret thing to respond to her party invite and act all excited about it. Then she speaks to her father who basically told her to act like a polite adult. In Siggy's mind, that advice was translated into 'avoid at all costs' since apparently the relationship expert has no clue how to be cordial around people who she feels has slighted her...or their mothers. She was incredibly rude and she'll always have an excuse for her behaviour. Everyone just has to accept her shit because it's her entitled right to express her feelings and be true to her feelings at the cost of everyone if need be. Margaret literally coached her mother on what to say if she met Siggy and dismissed any tensions between them even though Siggy was acting like a childish idiot...it just makes it harder each week to believe that production somehow has masterminded this storyline to make Siggy look bad when it's the decisions in her words and actions that she now has to fall on that sword and be accountable for. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Siggy didn't want to hear a damn word her father said, she kept cutting him off. She just wanted to bitch some more on how awful Margaret can be.

Siggy's Father needs to get her to the DR asap to get the white shirt strapped on.

I think she listened to him ( what a lovely man, I'd love to take a class of his ) but what he said, she took too literally. I'm fine with her not wanting to meet Marge senior, weird little woman. Plus Siggy knows she was leaving the show, so she didn't care.

I do like Delores, her and Frank are to me, the most real in how they act. Are they perfect? Hell to the no. But they respect one another, their son is good looking.He has good manners as well.

Joe, Melissa has a FT job, her passion is fashion. Your sister has free days, let her work in the family pizza place. The opening was so funny, all squished into that hot little place, standing squished. I love Italian food, that seemed more of a pizza place, mega sauce with very little pasta..

Hamburger pizza isn't new Joe, ghastly, but not new.

Danielle, what a phony. I can't with her, in her TH her dark gaur and plunging neckline to her waist, looks like a hooker.

When is the finale? Its not on next week. Margaret's house is such a mess, inside and outside, what a tip! 

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 5

I used to know someone who wanted everyone in our social group to consider her their closest friend.  Unsurprisingly, she also wanted to always be the center of attention.  Anytime she sensed others within the group becoming closer she would manufacture some kind of drama, with herself in a victim role, and attempt to turn people against whomever she perceived as the greatest threat against her desired role as the sun at the center of our little universe.  This happened when I was in high school though and if I didn't know better I would have believed she had grown up to be Siggy.  Siggy is way past the age of manufacturing this kind of drama for attention.   This franchise has barely been hanging by a thread for some time and Siggy has been sucking whatever life was left out of it.  She, along with Dolores to some extent, are so bad that they make the other three look good despite all of their shenanigans throughout the years.  

• Love 7

Siggy won't be happy until Margaret is wearing sackcloth and ashes and beating her chest in the middle of Times Square.    She's ridiculous - so glad she is done, but I imagine she will hijack the reunion and screech her way through the whole thing.  

Teresa continues to lay the groundwork for divorcing Joe.  Every episode she makes a comment (ie he hasn't apologized, he cost her time with her mother, etc.).  It's all calculated.  It wouldn't even surprise me if the papers were filed while he was still "at college".   I thought the apology to Danielle's daughter was production driven.  The whole thing seemed staged to me, but whatever.  

Not a huge Delores fan, but enjoyed the college visit.  

I understand where Melissa is coming from with the restaurant.  She already has the store, and the restaurant is more of a Gorga family thing. He didn't even tell her about it initially.  My sense was that she will help (ie show up when needed) but don't expect her to grab an apron and start waiting tables. I also liked the way she told them bluntly to stop with the attitude.   Yes, hell has officially frozen over because I find myself liking Melissa more and more.

• Love 10

From Siggy's twitter (this is her new pinned tweet):

"Would @Andy want to meet Kathy Griffin's family member? NO! So Why the hell would I want to meet someone's mom who expressed her intent to ambush me. This was a filler scene for DELETED sex in the bathroom scene! #RHONJ"

What is the "Deleted sex in the bathroom scene"?  Is that something to do with Danielle?

• Love 4

Delores' son seems like a great kid. How the heck did that happen? Now, if Siggy's son turns out to be a decent human being, I will be shocked. The odds are totally stacked against the poor kid!

Danielle is disgusting. She has put her daughter's through hell, not Tre. She did and said more on camera that would scar her kids for life, not Tre.  I can't figure out why Tre has co-signed on to giving that apology on camera. Yea, she did the infamous table flip and called Danielle a prostitution whore, but let's not forget what that crazy loon Danielle did to provoke all that. Danielle tried to destroy all of the women except Jacqueline just so she could have her all to herself. Sick woman. Tre must have decided she will do what ever the show asks so she can stockpile her money and divorce Joe (I hope). I do believe she has a 5 yr. plan and it doesn't include Juicy Joe. 

• Love 7

Frank and Dolores are just so weird, to me. I get that exes can be friends and successfully co-parent. But their boundaries just seem majorly sketchy. She's complaining that her current BF doesn't make enough time for her - yet SHE lives with her ex-husband! Maybe that's why. I think Frank definitely wants to get back in her pants. He's all, "We should do family stuff like this more often" and "I really regret how I treated you". Maybe he had a sense that trouble was coming for him and he needed to latch onto the "tv star"? 

I feel badly for Margaret and the situation with her step-kids, but she made her bed. I can't say I blame them. It would be nice if they could all reconcile one day, but they may never want to open up with her again. That's the result of leaving a marriage in a shitty way. It's good that Jan can be cool with her now, but she can't expect the kids to get over it as easily. It's like how *I* can shit talk my siblings all I want, but if someone else does it? I'm coming for you!

LOVED Margaret telling Marge Sr. she'd kick her in the cankles. As a woman who comes from a family of cankle-bearers, that really made me laugh. 

I really don't want to hear Joe Gorga whining about "we're a team" when he bought that damn restaurant without even consulting Melissa. And I really don't like the way he and Tre team up on her. Not cool. 

I did think it was pretty brave of Tre to try and go meet with Danielle's kids. Interesting that Christine wasn't having it. Jillian has really turned into a beautiful young woman. I thought she sounded pretty bright as well, overuse of "like" aside. Tre is SUPER inarticulate. No surprises there. I always try to give her a pass, because she often comes off as flippant, when I think she just really doesn't know how to express herself. It did seem, to me, like she was pretty contrite about it all. Tre has her flaws, but I really have seen a change in her since prison. She's even able to SAY it now (at least twice this season), which is progress for her. 

Siggy continues to be awful. She happily RVSPs to Margaret's party, but then completely ignores her at the opening. Not only that, she openly refuses to meet Marge Sr, like she's just too good to cross to that side of the room. She's just awful. 

Season finale already? This was definitely a shorter season, no? I wonder why.

• Love 17

I agree about Margaret and her step kids.  I thought Her ex Jan said it well actually.  Something about she chose the life she wanted or something.

Does Siggy know that’s it’s so common to use Hitler as an analogy that there’s a term for it?  It’s called Godwin’s Law.  It’s overused and dumb, but it doesn’t make one an anti Semite.  To me, it didn’t seem that she paid attention to what her dad advised.  On twitter, she’s saying that anyone who doesn’t side with her is a victim of editing.  Okay?

I didn’t watch the show back in the day of ‘prostitution whore’ but I enjoyed the apology just because it did show how there is real life fallout from what people say in the show, especially on the kids.

• Love 7

Siggy has shown that her whole stick is just that a stick .. she spouts out a bunch of crap she has memorized and coasted by because no one really saw her day to day life and her interactions with others under a microscope she got a big head from last season thinking I'm the favorite everyone loves me I'll be the queen B of the show now. What that has shown is shes bat crap crazy and really shouldn't be giving ANYONE advice about anything ..physician heal thyself

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I can't even muster up the energy to full-on hate-watch this. Is Jillian going to feel more comforted when she hears her mother screaming at her *racial slur* boyfriend for giving her *racial slur* weed? Teresa is horrible but she wasn't so during the first season. Danielle asked for and instigated everything she got that year and I hate that Bravo brought her back like she wasn't Satan's handmaiden, then started running repeats of her ridiculous behavior once it came out the cast heard the tapes. 

I get family loyalty, but I wish Danielle's kids would put more of the onus on their mother. SHE is the one who brought the family on a reality show in the first place. SHE is the one who opted not to have the children leave the room, unlike all the other mothers present. Tre's table flip was OTT, but Danielle is not blameless in all of this. 

9 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Speaking of the party, that food looked so good!  

I wanted to try all of those pizzas!

But I've heard that currently the restaurant is not getting great reviews? 

6 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I think its down the drain, worst HW show on TV.

I don't know. I'm enjoying this more than ATL. 

1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

Teresa continues to lay the groundwork for divorcing Joe.  Every episode she makes a comment (ie he hasn't apologized, he cost her time with her mother, etc.).  It's all calculated.  It wouldn't even surprise me if the papers were filed while he was still "at college". 

I'm getting the same impression. And I'm not so sure how I feel about it. Joe has been a total scumbag at times, but he did stand by her while SHE was away. If she divorces him while he's locked up, that's pretty cold. And I just can't ever fully get on board with the whole, "Joe was the mastermind, Tre had no idea" train. I get that in many marriages one person handles the finances. I'm that person in my family. But I make up a document weekly to show my husband where we stand. We're partners. I get that a lot of these couples are old fashioned (as is my marriage, in a lot of ways), but there's no excuse for ignorance. If you don't know, ASK. Make sure you are caught up on your own damn money. And, I really do think that Joe got into a lot of these schemes because of the pressure from his big-spending wife. I think she should have taken some of the heat. At first, I thought that they both agreed to let Joe take the fall, for the sake of the family. But with how she's acting now, I just don't know....

1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

What is the "Deleted sex in the bathroom scene"?  Is that something to do with Danielle?

Yes and I was (not enthusiastically) awaiting snippets of that....and it never materialized. Thank goodness. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Joe has been a total scumbag at times, but he did stand by her while SHE was away

What else was he going to do? He had no job, a pile of debt and 4 kids that needed a roof over their heads and food on the table. He needed to be on the show while Tre was "away" so he could still collect a check and will need her money when he gets out because he has nothing without her.  I think she is slowly realizing this and is tired of it. 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Season finale already? This was definitely a shorter season, no? I wonder why.

PRobably because there wasn't enough good footage to keep it going. Let's face it, who wants to see Dolores and her greasy ex walking the dog or pigtails whining about her stepkids again? 

• Love 6

Thank sweet merciful Zeus!! 

Haha, were you by chance a Buffy fan?

Siggy would not even listen to her dad talk, man! And it sounded like she didn't even give him the context of Margaret's (admittedly ill-advised) comparison either. He looked baffled at all the names she was dropping in an effort to set the scene for him--and it sounded to me like he dinged her for throwing around antisemitism accusations. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Haha, were you by chance a Buffy fan?

Siggy would not even listen to her dad talk, man! And it sounded like she didn't even give him the context of Margaret's (admittedly ill-advised) comparison either. He looked baffled at all the names she was dropping in an effort to set the scene for him--and it sounded to me like he dinged her for throwing around antisemitism accusations. 

Oh yes ma'am.  And I still am!  I credit a long-ago ex for practically forcing me to watch it back in the day.  This guy was a super-fan - he even named his 2nd kid Xander (well it's Alexander, but they call him Xander).  

What's funny though is that when that particular Zeus phrase came to me, I was thinking I had heard it on Seinfeld --- I didn't even make the Buffy connection!  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 4