Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: Stronger Than Ever

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Why yes, that is what I am implying. I cannot imagie that some kind of beast would even dare to mention it. Only the wildly insecure, jealous wife of a man would dare to try to make light of this by presenting me with a bra.

But then again, I would hope that my making a point of having Dick Sucking Lips would go unnoticed. 

Thank God she didn't say that in front of PK!  Can you imagine how bad this season would be if it revolved around DSL-gate?

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Kyle stole Kim's goddamn house!

Bwah hahaha! That never gets old. I am still waiting for a moment to use that line in real life. Unfortunately, no one would want to still my house.

I just realized why my DVR almost missed this episode. It has the same title as the first episode from last season. So, it was being listed as a repeat in the cable guide and the DVR was ignoring it.

• Love 7

After stomping around in heels since 16 (I'm now 50) my feet have finally gotten their revenge and now the clunky platforms and sneakers are all I wear. Thank goodness sneakers and flats are not what they used to be because there was a time I wouldn't be caught in a pair of flats.

I'll wear a ballet flat in the summer and a skinny heel now and then (I've got a great pair of lace up oxfords stilettos by none other than Doc Marten! And, yes, they're comfortable!) but clunky platforms are my favorite!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

LVP's "scratch the puss" line always be funny.  I guess Erika Jayne didn't take it too well given her comments on WWHL about LVP.  .  

It made me love LVP even more when Erika, somewhat reluctantly, admitted that LVP knew exactly what she was doing with the situation.  If only LVP could tell what she really thinks of Erika.  

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, Wings said:

I see this easily.  She is, successful, smart, pretty, maintains a level head in conflict and has a fabulous dry wit.   

Plus she loves animals. I love her dry wit, without that, she'd be Erica..lol 

I have always gotten the impression Tom Girardi gets his jollies by having a wife who is on display.

He creeps me out, wrinkly old dude, he's been sued as well..! 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The show was aired on Bravo.

But not a house wife show.  That was the topic specifically.  

39 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It made me love LVP even more when Erika, somewhat reluctantly, admitted that LVP knew exactly what she was doing with the situation.  If only LVP could tell what she really thinks of Erika.  

She does almost every episode.  She is subtle.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Wings said:

But not a house wife show.  That was the topic specifically.  

How is The Real Housewives of Melbourne not a housewives show?

I hated Dorit's remodel and Erika needs to remodelher kitchen stat, that was ugly and dated.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, Wings said:

I am not familiar with that one. 

Here you go.  The 4th season is currently airing in Australia, no date yet on when it premieres in Bravo.

Teddi's husband looks like he should work at SUR, this is not a compliment. I had no idea John Melloncamp used to live in Hilton Head, this show us educational.

Etb a typo was a slur! 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I was at the grocery store yesterday and JCM's version of "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus" was on. Please don't tell me that Teddi is the Mellencamp daughter singing at the end, because that would make me feel extremely old! 

It's her.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The show was aired on Bravo.

Melbourne is not a Bravo show. It is produced independently like the London HW show and the Canadian HW show was. Bravo/NBCU has to pay to show all of the foreign HW shows just as any foreign TV station has to pay to air any Bravo HW show. Andy had nothing to do with hiring production companies or even the women themselves like he did/does the US HW shows.

• Love 3

I wasn't expecting a girls trip right off the bat. Good start.

Dorit, still cute and chic. Jagger...*squeeze*

Teddi seems cool, and Queen was right - her body is TIGHT.

It seems the abandon-your-child gene runs in Erika's family.

ClubMTV!Camille back in the house next week, yo.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, MrsBestes said:

https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/home/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-dorit-kemsley-lists-house/amp/

They own it. Put it on the market in July and of course Mauricio is the realtor!

It’s still on the market though & just had a 1.8 million dollar price cut. Ouch. 

Why would they put the house on the market after spending so much time and money on renovations?

Shouldn't they enjoy the renovations?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Why would they put the house on the market after spending so much time and money on renovations?

Shouldn't they enjoy the renovations?

Many people renovate homes before they sell them to increase it's value and it's desirability/make it sell faster. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Guilt! Kim was so used up by her family as a child from what I hear! She was the breadwinner and Kyle should be quite appreciate and feel obligated to do as much as she can for her sister! ;-)

It's also important to remember that Kyle was a child actress as well. Kyle worked consistently and put in long hours on various sets just as Kim did. Kim was a bigger star, but the implication that Kyle was just putting up her feet while Kim slaved away is simply not true.

Regarding this episode---

I enjoyed it. I've missed this show and am happy it's back. 

The Hamlin girls are the worst. They've always come across as shallow, entitled, and whiney. Both girls are MeMeMe all day long and it's sad that they think their behavior is cute or that viewers should be interested/enchanted. Anyone who aspires to be a Kardadhian/Jenner clone just makes me sad. I can only see them getting worse if they become as successful as the Hadid girls. (To be fair, I doubt that the Hadid girls are complete angels or anything like that. Bella in particular was and is a piece of work but in general, they do a better job of playing nice and at least pretending to be sensitive and thoughtful people.) I remember us all mocking the hell out of Yolanda when she was in momager mode with Gigi and I remember how sorry I felt for Gigi. With the Hamlin girls I don't even feel sorry for them with how embarrassing Rinna is--that's how horrible I find them to be.

I like that the episode opened with a trip. Season 6 opened with Kyle and Lisa being in Europe and I thought that was great. The trips are usually my favorite part after the reunion episodes. 

Teddi seems cool. I hang my head in shame and admit that I need to look up who John Mellencamp is. 

I liked the music for the kids thing. That was really sweet. Jagger is absolutely precious.

Looks like it's going to be a fun season. Even better that Kim won't be featured. I'd read rumors to the contrary so I'm glad that she's finally out. Hopefully she isn't driving under the influence anymore. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I wish Erika's closet weren't such a cluttered mess.

Did anyone else catch the cheap wire hangers. I get my clothes at Target and treat them better than that. She is the epitome of someone having money but no class. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

How is The Real Housewives of Melbourne not a housewives show?

I hated Dorit's remodel and Erika needs to remodelher kitchen stat, that was ugly and dated.

She didn't even know where the sugar is kept, sure it was her home?..lol

I loved Dorits outside, not inside

29 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Many people renovate homes before they sell them to increase it's value and it's desirability/make it sell faster. 

We gave it some thought, but decided not to sell. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, jaync said:

I wasn't expecting a girls trip right off the bat. Good start.

Dorit, still cute and chic. Jagger...*squeeze*

Teddi seems cool, and Queen was right - her body is TIGHT.

It seems the abandon-your-child gene runs in Erika's family.

ClubMTV!Camille back in the house next week, yo.

Teddi does seem like a great addition.  I found this on Bravo-little Teddi weighed 200 pounds when she delivered Cruz.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/new-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-cast-member-teddi-mellencamp-arroyave-weight-struggles  To me, it makes her seem down to earth and disciplined.  I also like the fact despite her lineage she is not a constant name dropper like Eden Sassoon.  The season is early.

Dorit has a likability factor.  Her kids are cute and it is nice we now have two moms with children under five.  

• Love 11

I'd venture a guess that most men don't need women to color outside the lines to make their lips balloon up to the size of a blimp in order to perform that particular sex act.  If I did that, my hubby would say WTF is wrong with your face?  Then he'd die laughing and be taken totally out of the mood.  ;

1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Haha, are hangers an arbiter of "class" now? Nuts.

I have seen on other shows where many women (especially upper class) take great pride in having the fanciest hangers for their clothes (keeps the clothes from wrinkling up).  Many have mentioned how gauche it is to have wire hangers.  It is nonsense, but it's something I've heard before.  As for me, I have the ten-for-a-dollar plastic hangers.  They work well!

I like Teddi.   I didn't know that JCM had other children aside from his 2 with Elaine Irwin.  I wonder if he had a good relationship with her when she was growing up.  Maybe we'll hear more of her story in future episodes. 

Edited by ChitChat
correct spelling. Hanger is not the same as hangar! Although some of them do have nice airplane hangars.
  • Love 10

45 MINUTES AGO, WIREWRAP SAID:

Many people renovate homes before they sell them to increase it's value and it's ... 

Yes, but people renovate to add an open floor plan, update a kitchen layout or add a bathroom ... Bad decorating does not add to a home's value.

Besides, this home was selling for $6 million in 2011.  Did those renovations add $6 million in value?  Don't think so.  

Haha, are hangers an arbiter of "class" now? Nuts.

Yes.  Why would you hang expensive clothes on cheap dry cleaner wire hangers?  

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Yes, but people renovate to add an open floor plan, update a kitchen layout or add a bathroom ... Bad decorating does not add to a home's value.

Besides, this home was selling for $6 million in 2011.  Did those renovations add $6 million in value?  Don't think so.  

They updated the kitchen and added a beautiful master closet and gorgeous outside area.  I would say they needed to do that to make the house marketable.  In California. especially LA houses have increased significantly in value.  With the recent forest fires it would not surprise me if the house sold sooner rather than later.  As a comparison Kyle and Mauricio just bought a house in Encino, not as pricey a locale as Dorit's and that house increased something like $5 million in value over a short period of time with a gut and an addition of a guest house.  Six years is a long time in the BH market.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Wings said:

I do believe there is something about LVP that men love. My favorite moment on VR is when the cooks at Sur were speaking in Spanish about how they would marry her.

IMO, LVP has an effortless beauty/sexiness about her.  We've seen her when she's not all glammed up a few times, and she's still gorgeous.  I loved her comment about getting Erika some meds for her "scratch the puss" problem.  I hope Erika didn't take her seriously.  It was just a joke, and a funny one at that!  That's my kind of humor. 

Some of the excess of wealth on display in this episode is astonishing to me.  I love to see how these ladies live, but damn, $14,000 for a purse?  And being able to afford a concierge doctor is above my pay grade, but good for them for being able to have these things.  I don't begrudge anybody of anything they've worked for.   It's just interesting to me to see how quickly they can drop the big bucks in these stores, on travel and for other assorted luxuries. Kyle does seem to have immersed herself in the high-society lifestyle.  Not that there's anything wrong with that!  They worked hard to get there.  

• Love 16

I have seen on other shows where many women (especially upper class) take great pride in having the fanciest hangars for their clothes (keeps the clothes from wrinkling up).  Many have mentioned how gauche it is to have wire hangars.  It is nonsense, but it's something I've heard before.  As for me, I have the ten-for-a-dollar plastic hangars.  They work well!

I had to trade my fat plastics for those narrow fuzzy ones for better space maximization in my fairly generous walk-in closet (but nothing like these ladies'). I hoard clothes*, OK? There, I said it! 

* Also not like these ladies'...though, considering my previous post about a Loungefly Star Wars wallet, that probably goes without saying.

Yes.  Why would you hang expensive clothes on cheap dry cleaner wire hangers?  

Point taken. But to answer that, there could be any number of reasons, none of them being solid evidence that a person is absolutely classless. By that rationale is the opposite true? If you use nice hangers, you are automatically classy? My clothes are much nicer than my hangers. I think? Who the fuck cares--it's hangers.

Was it at least neat? I don’t recall. If not, maybe I could muster up a spark of ire over the otherwise who-cares-worthy hangers. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6

Interesting that they start the season with a trip. 

Jagger is absolutely precious. Loved being able to see the progress he's made with his speech. I thought it was so sweet to see Jagger being so polite and mannerly and it was really because he was emulating his mom. It was nice to see evidence of parenting on this franchise when we're used to seeing the kids trying to be models or 'being adults and experiencing the world on their own while they do it on mom and dad's dime.

Not gonna lie, I've heard of John Mellencamp but I don't know about his work. So far I'm liking Teddi but it's early. We'll see with her. 

Watching Erika get glammed up was scary to watch. Yards of extensions laid out and there looked to be a half cup full of foundation. When i wear foundation, I use no more than a dime's size worth of it, lol.

Kyle didn't look like she could walk properly in those shoes.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like Rinna does the most talking about how big and successful her daughters are becoming. If it weren't for this show I wouldn't even know who they are. Successful models are the ones that are able to translate runway into overall commercial success. It's easier for this generation to do it because they use social media to gain followers and push their modelling work. And it seems there's such a crazy wave of today's models that are the offspring that come from celebrity families. I wonder how many of them would be weeded out if they were made to pay their dues and make their way to commercial success the way Campbell, Banks, Crawford, etc. had to do. 

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Not gonna lie, I've heard of John Mellencamp but I don't know about his work. So far I'm liking Teddi but it's early. We'll see with her. 

I remember being 3 or 4 and throwing a giant fit because my parents wouldn't stop listening to their John Cougar Mellencamp album and I wanted to listen to Pat Benatar and I was thrashing around on the ground screaming about how I hated John Cougar and they just laughed at me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
50 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Not gonna lie, I've heard of John Mellencamp but I don't know about his work. 

I was a big fan of his back in the day.  I had a bunch of his cassette tapes (see how old I am?)  lol.  He likes to be the rebel.   I'm curious as to Teddi's story about her time with him.  I don't know how old she was when her Mom and Dad got divorced.  I'm hoping we'll hear about that during the season.  I hope he has had a good relationship with her.  

53 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

And it seems there's such a crazy wave of today's models that are the offspring that come from celebrity families.

I wonder if there's a lot of resentment with the other models when they see these girls seemingly get a leg up in the modeling world.  

56 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

When i wear foundation, I use no more than a dime's size worth of it, lol.

Yes,  yes, yes!  I've tried having my makeup done at the department store with a couple of the bigger name cosmetic companies, and I always felt like they made me look like a clown! The makeup was just too thick.

3 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I remember being 3 or 4 and throwing a giant fit because my parents wouldn't stop listening to their John Cougar Mellencamp album and I wanted to listen to Pat Benatar and I was thrashing around on the ground screaming about how I hated John Cougar and they just laughed at me.

Funny you should mention that.  JCM wrote the song 'I Need a Lover,' which Pat later covered.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, sadie said:

Did anyone else catch the cheap wire hangers. I get my clothes at Target and treat them better than that. She is the epitome of someone having money but no class. 

Ha-ha!  I noticed the hangers, too, and wondered why her expensive, labeled clothes were not resting on satin pillowed hangers, or at least, those Huggable Hangers from QVC!!  ;-)

• Love 11

They updated the kitchen and added a beautiful master closet and gorgeous outside area. 

Meh.  Their renovations didn't look so great -- nobody is buying their furniture anyhow.  And heck, the fancy closet could have been designed by Elfa.  

It's still on the market ... for $1.8 million less than the original listing.

If you use nice hangers, you are automatically classy?

No... but even poor folks can take loving care of what they do have which shows a respect and appreciation of what they have. 

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Interesting that they start the season with a trip. 

Jagger is absolutely precious. Loved being able to see the progress he's made with his speech. I thought it was so sweet to see Jagger being so polite and mannerly and it was really because he was emulating his mom. It was nice to see evidence of parenting on this franchise when we're used to seeing the kids trying to be models or 'being adults and experiencing the world on their own while they do it on mom and dad's dime.

Watching Erika get glammed up was scary to watch. Yards of extensions laid out and there looked to be a half cup full of foundation. When i wear foundation, I use no more than a dime's size worth of it, lol.

Kyle didn't look like she could walk properly in those shoes.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like Rinna does the most talking about how big and successful her daughters are becoming. If it weren't for this show I wouldn't even know who they are. Successful models are the ones that are able to translate runway into overall commercial success. It's easier for this generation to do it because they use social media to gain followers and push their modelling work. And it seems there's such a crazy wave of today's models that are the offspring that come from celebrity families. I wonder how many of them would be weeded out if they were madial success the way Campbell, Banks, Crawford, etc. had to do. 

You are exactly correct about the current state of models.  It is about Instagram posts and celebrity linkage.  There are some like Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid that got the boost but they have managed to work hard and have the special talent that is a model.  Then there are the cling-ons that on their famous lineage or are a sister act. By modeling standards Delilah is too short.  The big Dolce and Gabbana brag of Rinna's was a show that used celebrities' kids as models.  The Hadid girls weren't in it as it was too low brow.

I felt for the kid who was sick and mom was making her travel with her sister to check into a hotel room.   I think there will be a place for the offspring if they are willing to work-the Hamlin girls don't seem that inclined.  What ever happened to the children of the rich and famous going to college?  Certainly modeling can wait a few years.

This is the kind of work the Hamlin girls are getting:  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I was a big fan of his back in the day.  I had a bunch of his cassette tapes (see how old I am?)  lol.  He likes to be the rebel.   I'm curious as to Teddi's story about her time with him.  I don't know how old she was when her Mom and Dad got divorced.  I'm hoping we'll hear about that during the season.  I hope he has had a good relationship with her.  

I wonder if there's a lot of resentment with the other models when they see these girls seemingly get a leg up in the modeling world.  

Yes,  yes, yes!  I've tried having my makeup done at the department store with a couple of the bigger name cosmetic companies, and I always felt like they made me look like a clown! The makeup was just too thick.

Funny you should mention that.  JCM wrote the song 'I Need a Lover,' which Pat later covered.  

Anyone know what neighborhood Teddi lives in? Edwin work as an executive for a security alarm company but I don't see the Arroyaves paying for their house with their own money alone since Teddi's occupation is "fitness accountability coach" i.e. I don't think she's licensed/credentialed as a trainer (it looks as if she runs a website on which she dispenses exercise advice). 

Teddi would have been about 11 when her dad married Elaine Irwin (one of the more underrated pseudo-supers from the '90s IMO; I remember thinking she was gorgeous in the Pantene commercials when I was a kid), who herself was around 23 at the time she became wife number two. 

It appears Teddi herself has been married twice https://www.insideweddings.com/weddings/teddi-mellencamp-and-matthew-robertson/190/

Nothing about Teddi's personality strikes me as grating or problematic so far and I'm usually a fan of Housewives who are derided as boring (Kathryn, Joyce, Lydia). But I do find it notable that Evolution has gone four in a row for additions (Kathryn, Dorit, Eden, and now Teddi) who have brought considerably less ostentatious material opulence (relatively speaking) than their predecessors. 

Particularly when they tested women like this in earlier seasons 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/beverly-hills-socialite-christine-chius-931393

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 4

I don't think I like Teddy,  I can't remember the exact words. But basically she said she worked for everything she has,  I mean she and her husband might be hard workers but there is no doubt her father's name,  contacts she's met through him or his,  as she puts it in air quotes "fame" has been a HUGE leg up for her,  not to mention,  it's hard to believe that even with that help,  Daddy's money hasn't contributed to her lifestyle. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I had to trade my fat plastics for those narrow fuzzy ones for better space maximization in my fairly generous walk-in closet (but nothing like these ladies'). I hoard clothes*, OK? There, I said it! 

* Also not like these ladies'...though, considering my previous post about a Loungefly Star Wars wallet, that probably goes without saying.

Point taken. But to answer that, there could be any number of reasons, none of them being solid evidence that a person is absolutely classless. By that rationale is the opposite true? If you use nice hangers, you are automatically classy? My clothes are much nicer than my hangers. I think? Who the fuck cares--it's hangers.

Was it at least neat? I don’t recall. If not, maybe I could muster up a spark of ire over the otherwise who-cares-worthy hangers. 

Wire hangers are too good for Erika's ugly clothes. 

2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

OMG! Hahahahahahahaahhahahaha!!!! Awesome.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

This is actually a false narrative. Kim never financially supported her family. Her earnings were put into trust and she blew them once she was old enough to take control of them. Big Kathy earned a percentage of Kim's money as her manager, but it was never enough to completely finance the family and their lifestyle. Big Kathy financed the family by marrying wealthy men. 

Never mind. Others pointed out that Kyle was also a child actress, sorry! 

As for the episode, how many damn times did we have to see Mikey/PK/DeliMelia Hamlin but not one shot of Bambi and her tennis balls! Boo. 

Edited by I8A 4RE
Should read all comments before commenting
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I don't think I like Teddy,  I can't remember the exact words. But basically she said she worked for everything she has,  I mean she and her husband might be hard workers but there is no doubt her father's name,  contacts she's met through him or his,  as she puts it in air quotes "fame" has been a HUGE leg up for her,  not to mention,  it's hard to believe that even 2ith that help,  Daddy's money hasn't contributed to her lifestyle. 

I'm not sure whether I'll like her or not. I will say that there was something in the way she described her childhood and life that made me draw comparisons to the claims Tori Spelling used to make thatbeing Aaron Spelling's daughter had nothing to do with her being cast on 90210.

• Love 9

I've always enjoyed Erika as a cast member since day 1, but she's definitely started to lose her allure for me now that she's so smugly lost in her own popstar narrative---Teddy has got her pegged: she's truly become that annoying cliche of "cool girl" and her haughty demeanor around the other girls has gone into overdrive.

Sure, good for her to be enjoying the fruits of her labor and some success in her mid-40's, but no need to lord it over everyone else like she's Madonna or something.

She's exactly like another typical Bravo "cool girl", Adriana from "Vanderpump Rules": cold and aloof, unwilling to get off her throne and just get silly, frosty with new folks, takes her ART "very seriously", etc...Erika definitely makes you realize that if she didn't have the wild costumes and hair courtesy of her glittery gay glam squad, and her deliberately "controversial" bitchy quips, she really wouldn't have much else going on personally...because what else is there to her anyway? She's way too guarded to be remotely interesting or charismatic otherwise.

Meanwhile, I'm falling back into love with Lisa V and Kyle---they're just too damned cute together, especially when they get drunk and silly. Thank GOD Kim is off the show, because it forces Kyle to relax and not suddenly go into wounded, protective sister mode.

And I can't believe it---Dorit didn't annoy me! I found her oddly likable this episode, bad wigs, stupid accent and all. Maybe she can finally stop trying so damned hard and relax a bit when her girlcrush Erika finally initiates her into her one person cool girl clique.

I'm liking Teddy okay so far, although she still gives me Eden-like vibes with her celebrity lineage and tough fit blonde persona. Hopefully she has some chill game and doesn't start showing a creepy, boundaries-lacking vibe a'la Eden. She's very pretty though and has a pretty little home and family to match, so there's that.

I can't help but love seeing Camille hanging out with these gals. She may be a stealth bitch who had a hideous first season edit, but she must also be a good friend and fun as Hell if the gals are still wanting to hang out with her and include her in the action. And she's always dressed so elegantly sexy. Plus, I'm so ready to see her bring back those classic Club MTV stripper moves!!

Rinna is a crazy twat with no loyalty, but I admittedly still have a love/hate thing for her---she's so ridiculously spastic and such a hustler with an impressive work ethic that I just can't quit her. She's a busybody for sure, but I loved that she was the only one who had the balls to stand up to Kim and call her on her mean girl addict bullshit.

And then there's bunnygate...fuck Kim giving her back that "bad energy" bunny; that was a bitchy move, regardless of what she thought Rinna's intentions were. It was a nice gesture, so just leave it at that, drama queen.

The Rinna girls, on the other hand...they're not special. They're definitely not model material. And they're entitled AF. No thanks.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

You are exactly correct about the current state of models.  It is about Instagram posts and celebrity linkage.  There are some like Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid that got the boost but they have managed to work hard and have the special talent that is a model.  Then there are the cling-ons that on their famous lineage or are a sister act. By modeling standards Delilah is too short.  The big Dolce and Gabbana brag of Rinna's was a show that used celebrities' kids as models.  The Hadid girls weren't in it as it was too low brow.

I felt for the kid who was sick and mom was making her travel with her sister to check into a hotel room.   I think there will be a place for the offspring if they are willing to work-the Hamlin girls don't seem that inclined.  What ever happened to the children of the rich and famous going to college?  Certainly modeling can wait a few years.

This is the kind of work the Hamlin girls are getting:  

I know she's just a kid and it is mean of me to say and I should feel bad (I don't!), but I feel like Rinna's dark haired kid has too much of a potato face to be a model.  And the other one, as pointed out, is too short.  I guess at least they are not chub chubs living in the suburbs.

2 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Anyone know what neighborhood Teddi lives in? Edwin work as an executive for a security alarm company but I don't see the Arroyaves paying for their house with their own money alone since Teddi's occupation is "fitness accountability coach" i.e. I don't think she's licensed/credentialed as a trainer (it looks as if she runs a website on which she dispenses exercise advice). 

I was wondering this too.  My guess is they live somewhere way more normal than the other ladies but still kind of expensive so maybe like WeHo, or West LA, or a nice part of the valley.  

• Love 9

Ericka is one strange woman. I sort of think her cool act is so Mikey will like her. And the dsl and pat the puss, I believe are all his creations and he loves it, so she does it. I don't think she likes all of the stuff he thinks is great, but she goes along with it anyway because she wants him to like her. That's my thought-- she wants so hard to be "cool" to impress who? He seems super elementary and catty as well. 

Kim's name got brought up, IMO, because Kyle was nervous about not having anything to do/say on camera. Really, most of her storylines since day have have revolved around her relationship with Kim, either fights with Kim, or her relationships with others who fight with Kim.... 

I don't miss Eileen on this show, even though I love her. Dorit is pretty cute-- especially compared to the atrocious face work of some of the others. LVP is a sex pot. I've always loved her. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, lunastartron said:

The house they live in on the show was bought in her husbands name for 1.8 million in 2011 (around the time they married). It was renovated when they bought it, but some of the surfaces have since been updated. It's currently listed for 3,2 million and located in the Hollywood Hills neighborhood. Unless I'm mistaken, this would make their lifestyle fairly comparable to Eden Sassoon's.

ETA: The single thing that upset me the most this episode was Kyle claiming that Lisa had poured a glass of wine over her bag when you can clearly see that Kyle's thrashing around is what tipped over KYLE'S OWN glass of wine! Shades of Dubai for me. 

Edited by Atwood
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

eOh, where to start? 

The entitled twunt of Rinna's asking for, and receiving, a cortisone shot for her pimple?

Yet another unintelligible Dorit soliloquy about the wonders of Jagger.

Drunken private jet follies - & nobody peed the bed?

Birken, Birken, Birken.  Shutty.

New blonde who has one unboring thing about her, and his name is Daddy Mellencamp.

I need me some BH house porn.  Or swans.  Or some ponies by the pool.  STAT.

If Teddi Jo has even a hint of her father's  famous temper, , this could very interesting. 

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

It's also important to remember that Kyle was a child actress as well. Kyle worked consistently and put in long hours on various sets just as Kim did. Kim was a bigger star, but the implication that Kyle was just putting up her feet while Kim slaved away is simply not true.

Regarding this episode---

I enjoyed it. I've missed this show and am happy it's back. 

The Hamlin girls are the worst. They've always come across as shallow, entitled, and whiney. Both girls are MeMeMe all day long and it's sad that they think their behavior is cute or that viewers should be interested/enchanted. Anyone who aspires to be a Kardadhian/Jenner clone just makes me sad. I can only see them getting worse if they become as successful as the Hadid girls. (To be fair, I doubt that the Hadid girls are complete angels or anything like that. Bella in particular was and is a piece of work but in general, they do a better job of playing nice and at least pretending to be sensitive and thoughtful people.) I remember us all mocking the hell out of Yolanda when she was in momager mode with Gigi and I remember how sorry I felt for Gigi. With the Hamlin girls I don't even feel sorry for them with how embarrassing Rinna is--that's how horrible I find them to be.

I like that the episode opened with a trip. Season 6 opened with Kyle and Lisa being in Europe and I thought that was great. The trips are usually my favorite part after the reunion episodes. 

Teddi seems cool. I hang my head in shame and admit that I need to look up who John Mellencamp is. 

I liked the music for the kids thing. That was really sweet. Jagger is absolutely precious.

Looks like it's going to be a fun season. Even better that Kim won't be featured. I'd read rumors to the contrary so I'm glad that she's finally out. Hopefully she isn't driving under the influence anymore. 

Shame young one! No idea who John Mellencamp is? Am I old?

• Love 10