Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/4/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, JayD83 said:

OMG MM REALLY hates the audience doesn't she?  "That's a terrible applause line, but we're against pedophilia on this show" - WTF is wrong with her?  FIRE HER NOW!

I really think she meant it should go without saying that they are against pedophilia and isn't something that should elicit applause because it's so obvious.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, backformore said:

another thing Meghan did was, once again, refer to the audience applauding something on Friday's show.  she is very frustrated at the audience response.  But I think her scolding the audience about it is having the opposite effect.  Adults resent being scolded.  

And what about freedom of speech?  

Doesn't the audience have a right to express their feelings about whatever the View panel member said?

Elsa: Shut up, audience!  Except when you agree with me. (Which is never because MM doesn't say anything substantive...just complains).  

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I really think she meant it should go without saying that they are against pedophilia and isn't something that should elicit applause because it's so obvious.

Thankyou, that's exactly what she meant! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Joy was 100% right "fake news"  is when  story is put out with deliberate false or misleading information, NOT when someone inadvertently makes an error.

This bears repeating, BackForMore ... and Megan needs to write this on the blackboard 100 times.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, backformore said:

another thing Meghan did was, once again, refer to the audience applauding something on Friday's show.  she is very frustrated at the audience response.  But I think her scolding the audience about it is having the opposite effect.  Adults resent being scolded.  

Psych 101 and many spiritual persuasions speak to this issue.  You cannot require anyone to have the reaction you desire!  The only things we have control over are our reactions.  That is it.  Allow others to express what they are thinking/feeling.  A respectful exchange of opposing views is good but to sneer, scold or roll you eyes because they disagree with you is not productive or mature!  You are on TV, moron.  

• Love 18

Sunny said exactly what I was  thinking. Roy Moore is "hard on crime"  yet he's a criminal of  the worst kind  and our representatives In government as well as voters are turning a blind eye to it. 

Yay no Whoopi 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

If she hates being on this show so much, she should leave.

I think Meghan gradually weasling her way out by 'splaining how "vawy vawy harrrd" it is to be the Lone Voice of Reason on the panel.   I didn't like Jedidiah's belligerent style or even her opinions, but she never backed down and she didn't whine...ever!   Of course, she wasn't a precious pampered princess.

• Love 18
47 minutes ago, Haleth said:

This time, yes.  She has a habit of scolding them because their applause is in opposition to her beliefs as happened on Friday most recently but that was not an isolated moment.  Her eye rolling is constant. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Yes.  But her petulant response to their mistake was rude.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, rcc said:

Good show today with Joy moderating and Ana on the panel. Meghan and Joy got into it as usual but it was professional. I tuned in for Ana and was pleasantly surprised that Whoopi wasn't there.

So much nicer when Whoopi isn't there..

1 minute ago, wings707 said:

Yes.  But her petulant response to their mistake was rude.  

I just watched again, nope, she wasn't rude. She seemed embarrassed though..

26 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Psych 101 and many spiritual persuasions speak to this issue.  You cannot require anyone to have the reaction you desire!  The only things we have control over are our reactions.  That is it.  Allow others to express what they are thinking/feeling.  A respectful exchange of opposing views is good but to sneer, scold or roll you eyes because they disagree with you is not productive or mature!  You are on TV, moron.  

Meghan is a narcissist. She wants to control the panel conversation. She wants to control the audience reaction. She needs to have her own show, with fake engineered applause. Unfortunately, we are stuck with her for the rest of season, as they sign yearly contracts on this show (hopefully not more than that!!). If they wanted to replace Jedidiah with a Republican, Ana Navarro should have been a no-brainer choice. She was a secondary co-host before, and she should have been asked to join the panel on a permanent basis. Though I don't agree with her on other issues (besides Trump), she acts like an adult (not some brat). Hopefully, the Conservative slot can transition to her. Or hopefully, Meghan would just quit, since she is so dissatisfied with the  level of conversation (because she and she alone knows best on what should be said and reacted). And kudos to Ana for that small slap to Meghan ("as long as you're breathing, you're OK" or something like that) for whining again about what a heavy burden she has to make everyone come around to her Conservative views.

Edited by bluemosaic
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, bluemosaic said:

Unfortunately, we are stuck with her for the rest of season, as they sign yearly contracts on this show (hopefully not more than that!!).

I would think they could offer any length contract they choose.  The person doesn't have to accept it but could negotiate that through their agent or lawyer.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I would think they could offer any length contract they choose.  The person doesn't have to accept it but could negotiate that through their agent or lawyer.

ABC can always pay out the remainder of her contract and tell her the show is going in a different direction.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

For someone who claims to understand the working class, Meghan shouldn't be complaining about her sweet gig on The View. I know a ton of conservative and liberal women who would love to work 5 hours a week vs 9-5 or 12 hour jobs.

ABC put "The View" in their news division and not the daytime division a few years ago, which might affect Meghan's contract and job title; she did Good Morning America this AM as a pundit (when Nicolle Wallace was on, she would do similar things). It was actually a long morning for her and I don't deny her work ethic -- live morning television isn't easy -- but don't complain about your job at your job when you're on TV! Jedidah seemed to have a lot of enthusiasm for being there. Sometimes it was off-putting (the dancing!!), but I hope she wasn't watching this morning for the sake of her own sanity.

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

It's so odd because The View has been such a revolving door over the past few years. The shift from Daytime to News might make 1-years the norm if you're not Joy or Whoopi. Remember the period between after Rosie (who was very highly paid) announced she was leaving after s10 but before the big fight with Elisabeth? She said *on the show* that she wanted another one-year contract which was admittedly unheard of and that ABC preferred a 3-year.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wonder if there is a clause in the employment contract that trash talking about your employer is cause for termination?

I'd guess so. I'm sure they make flexible contracts these days what with the high turnover of co-hosts. Candace left in the middle of her season and Jedi left at the beginning of her second (when she, assumedly, must've just signed a contract for another year--the ink must not have even been dry yet! lol).

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

For someone who claims to understand the working class, Meghan shouldn't be complaining about her sweet gig on The View. I know a ton of conservative and liberal women who would love to work 5 hours a week vs 9-5 or 12 hour jobs.

I agree with you, that's why Whoopi has hung on to this gig, and Joy.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

ABC put "The View" in their news division and not the daytime division a few years ago, which might affect Meghan's contract and job title; she did Good Morning America this AM as a pundit (when Nicolle Wallace was on, she would do similar things). It was actually a long morning for her and I don't deny her work ethic -- live morning television isn't easy -- but don't complain about your job at your job when you're on TV! Jedidah seemed to have a lot of enthusiasm for being there. Sometimes it was off-putting (the dancing!!), but I hope she wasn't watching this morning for the sake of her own sanity.

It's so odd because The View has been such a revolving door over the past few years. The shift from Daytime to News might make 1-years the norm if you're not Joy or Whoopi. Remember the period between after Rosie (who was very highly paid) announced she was leaving after s10 but before the big fight with Elisabeth? She said *on the show* that she wanted another one-year contract which was admittedly unheard of and that ABC preferred a 3-year.

True I'm sure they work more than 5 hours a week. She just comes off a spoiled brat complaining on live tv about a job that would be a dream job for many people. I liked Meghan before her gig on The View, today was my final straw with her. Maybe this is why they haven't had her on This Week. It was mentioned in the press release announcing her hiring that she would be on This Week as a pundit.

• Love 2

Just a reminder as it has come up - John McCain is only a topic if he is a) on the show or b) discussed on the show. His daughter being a host does not mean his actions are on-topic. 

I am EXHAUSTED by Elsa's EXHAUSTION!  I knew when the news broke re Brian Ross' error, that Elsa would be elated to throw ABC and The View co-hosts and their audience under the bus for celebrating on Friday when they heard the breaking news Joy was given to report. It was a bad error on ABC's part, but Elsa just wanted to rub everyone's face in it.  The audience will turn on you, Elsa.  I guess they already have.

It was pretty good when Ana defined fake news opposite from what Elsa defined it as.

For some reason, Elsa cannot just be a commentator, or a person with a viewpoint. She has to be the representative for the Republicans and for the Trump supporters.  Why?  Who said so?

At least Jed had her own opinion, and wasn't so dour.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

You are here to entertain while we have morning coffee. It's clearly why she feels so frustrated. She doesn't understand that she's the token conservative on a fluff morning talk show. She is frustrated because she's not making any converts to the True and Only Real Truth.

Maybe all this whining about how tough her cushy job is on a weekday show is a sign that she’ll be out of there soon. It’s really strange to me that someone is complaining about their place of employment in front of their employer - literally in her case. Not to mention pretty much calling them “fakes news” and the “Liberal media.” Speaks volumes to me. And it hasn’t been just one isolated incident. She needs her own show to cater to “her people” where she doesn’t have to worry about anyone challenging nor disagreeing with her. Sad that a 33-year-old woman can’t handle different views, but here we are.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 23

Agree ChicagoCita with everything except this: calling The View "a fluff morning talk show." Nowadays for good or bad The View is making news as much as or even moreso than legitimate news shows. The View's no fluffier than most of GMA. The Talk is all fluff. F & F is full on GOP propaganda with no opposing viewpoints. I just wish The View could get away from all the product promotional sh*t. It makes the show much less credible and enjoyable.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 15

At first I thought Meghan was going to point out that his base was going to say/believe/interpt this as the media going after Trump.   If she had used that argument she might have at least had Sara on her side.  It also would have made a better point.  JMHO.  

Those view your deals weren’t that great.  I found most of the stuff cheaper at TJmaxx 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, merriebreeze said:

Agree ChicagoCita with everything except this: calling The View "a fluff morning talk show." Nowadays for good or bad The View is making news as much as or even moreso than legitimate news shows. The View's no fluffier than GMA.

I do see it as fluff, but fluff I choose to watch. I enjoy their political discussions, but I don't take them seriously. When Whoopi flogs her sweaters ("only" $89 at Zappo's), or they talk about Kardashian stalkers, or bring out cute adoptable animals, I'm fully there, but it's not exactly on a level with Face The Nation. I watch because I like to be entertained - and Meghan is not entertaining or even enjoyable as she furrows her brow and berates the audience and sighs dramatically about how tortuous this prison sentence is for her. Unlike what Astronaut-slash-Only Patriot At The Table Meghan seems to believe, I am not watching to learn the Republican POV and learn why it's better for me. (Raised by Republicans, got it, rejected it already, but thanks, Meg.)

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I think Meghan gradually weasling her way out by 'splaining how "vawy vawy harrrd" it is to be the Lone Voice of Reason on the panel.   I didn't like Jedidiah's belligerent style or even her opinions, but she never backed down and she didn't whine...ever!   Of course, she wasn't a precious pampered princess.

I can now articulate how I feel.  I would compare her job on the View with Virginia Woolf's A Room of One's Own.  In Woolf's book she explains how only people of privilege have the right to write and be noted as a true author.  The general masses do not have the clarity and must rely on their day-to-day struggle to impart a slanted view of the world.  Meghan trying to explain the entirety of the party is akin to regular people not understanding.  Regular people are in all parties but I think she disregards that ideal.  Jedi, in my mind, didn't come from a place of I-am-from-the-golden-group but actually believes in her values.

53 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

She did mention, single out, and thank the ONE PERSON who applauded for her last week. But she scolds and harangues the audience for cheering wildly when it's for something she doesn't agree with.

She is so very mistaken when she believes her job is to educate the poor ignorant masses who don't get the Republican party line, and they would, they really would, if only it were properly explained to them. Chick, no matter what you think, your job is not to emulate a door-to-door missionary and explain the path to political salvation to The View's audience. You are here to entertain while we have morning coffee. It's clearly why she feels so frustrated. She doesn't understand that she's the token conservative on a fluff morning talk show. She is frustrated because she's not making any converts to the True and Only Real Truth.

Never have I seen anyone on television be as openly unhappy with their job.

Yes!  How dare these regular people have their own thoughts that could be debated.  She isn't there to debate but merely to educate the masses.  I am sure people on both sides of the aisle would take offense.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Former Nun said:

This bears repeating, BackForMore ... and Megan needs to write this on the blackboard 100 times.

Or write it with Professor Umbridge's evil pen like Harry Potter had to use so the words were etched into his skin.  ?

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I've decided that Candace and Meghan are very similar but at least Candace knew when to walk away. 

The thing about Candace, though, was that she was actually rarely on the show.  She’d be on one day, then she’d be filming that asinine show that just won’t go away and then, she’d be at the airport the next day handing out religious pamphlets.  Meghan is there every day acting like she’s there because she was sentenced to a year of community service.

• Love 21
36 minutes ago, backformore said:

I didn't expect you not to admit that.  who talks like that?  And is that what she meant?  Because it means "I expected you to admit that."  So just say that! Or maybe she meant something else, I have no idea.  

Another *SHUT UP MEGHAN* moment. Surprising. More of that condescending crap towards Joy. Good question - who talks like that?! What is the point in even saying that?!

44 minutes ago, backformore said:

When everything you say, everything you think, is prefaced by your political affiliation, you are part of what is dividing America.

I’ve been saything this on previous threads. When your political party is your entire identity, which it appears to be in Meghan’s case, you’re part of the problem. 

47 minutes ago, backformore said:

I agree with others here that Meghan is done with this show

I wonder if any of the producers or big wigs behind the scenes have discussed feedback about her, with her. She has mentioned she sees what they say on Twitter about her. She gets torn to shreds everyday and mostly because of her attitude, which she has the power to change so I don’t feel sorry for her. I wonder if her little pity parties lately have been an attempt to garner sympathy from the audience.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

When Whoopi flogs her sweaters ("only" $89 at Zappo's),

When Whoopi flogs her FUGLY sweaters...    annually.      If I drew/designed like that, I'd keep it to myself.   She has had a life of people blowing smoke up her giant ass.*

*I'm a member of the Giant Ass Club myself, so I can use that term.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 12/4/2017 at 10:00 PM, lexytheblasian said:

LOL @GHScorpiosRule you described it perfectly. Seeing them try to break it down to Meghan and her inability and unwillingness to really listen was frustrating.

It's something Elsa has in common with Whoopi. Maybe Dan Abrams can be brought on again to explain things to Elsa.

Sadly I do think she's right about Roy Moore. I'm originally from AL and am stuck a state over. There are too many people down here who are willing to look past what he's being accused of to get the overly religious, woman rights and gay hating guy into office. It doesn't matter that he's been removed from multiple government positions because that was over his psychopathic devotion to religion and what he does due to it. It's part of what disgusts me about being unable to move away.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, lexytheblasian said:

@Former Nun lol side note but Whoopi is always stealing stuff from the tables during the “View” deals.

HELLO, Lexy!   It's only 11pm here.   Yeah, that has galled me ever since the second time she did it.  She thinks it's cute--and the sheep in the audience go along with it.  Apparently there are no longer rules about "freebies."   

• Love 2
Just now, Jaded said:

Sadly do think she's right about Roy Moore. I'm originally from AL and am stuck a state over.

I live in the South, too and yeah... my money says he’s going to win. Most (not all) Southerners have a certain mindset. I will not be at all surprised if he wins and I think he will.

1 minute ago, Former Nun said:

HELLO, Lexy!   It's only 11pm here.   Yeah, that has galled me ever since the second time she did it.  She thinks it's cute--and the sheep in the audience go along with it.  Apparently there are no longer rules about "freebies."   

Helllloooo! [: it’s past 1am where I am and I’m not sure why I’m still up, lol.

LOL I thought it was kind of funny at first because she’d do it at random times but now, it’s like... we know she can afford to buy everything up there, full price, many times over. It’s kind of obnoxious.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

She did mention, single out, and thank the ONE PERSON who applauded for her last week. But she scolds and harangues the audience for cheering wildly when it's for something she doesn't agree with.

She is so very mistaken when she believes her job is to educate the poor ignorant masses who don't get the Republican party line, and they would, they really would, if only it were properly explained to them. Chick, no matter what you think, your job is not to emulate a door-to-door missionary and explain the path to political salvation to The View's audience. You are here to entertain while we have morning coffee. It's clearly why she feels so frustrated. She doesn't understand that she's the token conservative on a fluff morning talk show. She is frustrated because she's not making any converts to the True and Only Real Truth.

Never have I seen anyone on television be as openly unhappy with their job.

This deserves framing! Something tasteful, cobalt blue.

• Love 6