Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/4/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I live in the South, too and yeah... my money says he’s going to win. Most (not all) Southerners have a certain mindset. I will not be at all surprised if he wins and I think he will.

Helllloooo! [: it’s past 1am where I am and I’m not sure why I’m still up, lol.

LOL I thought it was kind of funny at first because she’d do it at random times but now, it’s like... we know she can afford to buy everything up there, full price, many times over. It’s kind of obnoxious.

When there was an up roar  about Starlite and her continual wedding beg a thon , I remember a filming of backstage and Whoopi being intervied and  saying how they can't accept things from sponsors  / guests that's it's not legal etc .  Yet she goes through this little song and dance every single time.  It's not funny because you know she can afford any little prize there. Many times it's something's you know she would have no use fir like sparkle eyeshadow. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

HELLO, Lexy!   It's only 11pm here.   Yeah, that has galled me ever since the second time she did it.  She thinks it's cute--and the sheep in the audience go along with it.  Apparently there are no longer rules about "freebies."   

I'm not sure she even keeps the crap she grabs.  I think it's part of her schtick, like the Valley girl talk.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, backformore said:

When Joy said she didn't want trump to succeed at some of the things he's trying to do, Meghan replied, " I didn't expect you not to admit that,"  then started talking about Obama. 

And then Joy listed several items about Trump  that she would NOT want him to succeed. .....

sorry i dont remember exactly,  but things like higher taxes on poor, wall, muslim ban, his pussy grabbing,  discrediting the media, supporting Nazis, etc....

And I so  wish that Joy would have asked MM "specifically WHAT IS IT that you (MM)  want him to succeed at???????" 

I don't have a clue. Again, MM has no substantive info to counter the other View ladies' views. 

Go away MM. 

• Love 24
9 hours ago, backformore said:

When Joy said she didn't want trump to succeed at some of the things he's trying to do, Meghan replied, " I didn't expect you not to admit that,"  then started talking about Obama. 

I didn't expect you not to admit that.  who talks like that?  And is that what she meant?  Because it means "I expected you to admit that."  So just say that! Or maybe she meant something else, I have no idea.  

No, I think Meghan really didn't think Joy would actually admit she didn't want 45 to succeed. That Joy would have the honesty to state her opinion on the matter. 

45 minutes ago, Tosia said:

And then Joy listed several items about Trump  that she would NOT want him to succeed. .....

sorry i dont remember exactly,  but things like higher taxes on poor, wall, muslim ban, his pussy grabbing,  discrediting the media, supporting Nazis, etc....

And I so  wish that Joy would have asked MM "specifically WHAT IS IT that you (MM)  want him to succeed at???????" 

I don't have a clue. Again, MM has no substantive info to counter the other View ladies' views. 

Go away MM. 

I know! Does she want to see him succeed at destroying America? That will prevent the country from being divided? And she threw in that she wanted Obama to succeed. In the present tense. As if he's also still the President.  Implying that when Obama was President, he was responsible for dividing the country. Her words, not mine.  If a leader is undoing everything that will protect the environment, insulting allies and other world leaders, not making a clear and concise statement that Nazis have no place in the world, how does that keep the country together, and not divide it or to use her repeated phrase "tear it apart?" I am with Joy on this.

• Love 23

Not sure this audience would like any conservative host so maybe they just choose the most unlikable people available. 

I have seen Meghan on other talk shows and she seems more relaxed in other settings.  Although I do believe her hatred for president Obama and the Clintons are always present.  Yes the same way Joy hates President Trump.  I

i am fine saying his name.  This isn’t Harry Potter LOL. 

jmho political discussions are important but it would be nice if once in a while the talked about some other topics.  

One question and I am in mean girl mode now just how many ex’s has super conservative religious Sunny seen naked?

• Love 5

Why do they have this asstoodle Lewandowski on? I don't care if they have a conservative co-host (or co-hosts). I think they should certainly have political guests of all persuasions, but Lewandowski? How and why would The View consider him credible enough to put on the airways and spread his buillshit? 

Ugh and now he's talking about David Bossie, who seems like the biggest conspiracy theorist going today.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

LOL I thought it was kind of funny at first because she’d do it at random times but now, it’s like... we know she can afford to buy everything up there, full price, many times over. It’s kind of obnoxious.

You know how someone (often it's a little kid) does something cute/unusual/funny and everyone laughs ... and then they (pathetically) try it again and again--and it ain't funny?  That's Whoopi!

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, General Days said:

Why do they have this asstoodle Lewandowski on? I don't care if they have a conservative co-host (or co-hosts). I think they should certainly have political guests of all persuasions, but Lewandowski? How and why would The View consider him credible enough to put on the airways and spread his buillshit? 

He's selling a book.  If credibility were a criteria for being a guest (and a panelist) on this show, we'd have many Days of Hot Topics.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

One question and I am in mean girl mode now just how many ex’s has super conservative religious Sunny seen naked?

I'm not in the same mode this morning...although I often appreciate "mean" at inappropriate times.   I think Sunny lives in another world and thinks EVERYONE has seen/been seen nekkid by our ALL ex's.  With her religious conservative background, I wonder...I really wonder about her experiences.  It may be false bragging by inuendo...left over from trying to fit in in high school.

Edited by Former Nun
added/bolded "ex's."
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

I have to laugh at BothSides McCain getting all high and mighty about "fake news" when just last week she was trying to spread a lie about Elizabeth Warren getting into Harvard by claiming to be a minority. I believe she also was spreading that fictitious story about Hillary and uranium on her twitter page. What a self-righteous hypocrite. 

She keeps asking what the media is getting wrong about Trump voters. I don't understand what the heck she's even talking about. 

1 minute ago, Former Nun said:

With her religious conservative background, I wonder...I really wonder about her experiences.

Same here.

Side note: Sara's shirt is cute!

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Corey Lewandowski is... yuck. Combined with Meghan McCain's drivel I had to change the channel today.

You did not miss much. He prevaricated and did the usual schtick of what aboutism, in relation to, the sexual scandals, in Washington. Megan was just there, urging Corey to tell us ignorant masses on why we are wrong about his former boss's supporters.  She got in her usual dig about the media.   She keeps forgetting about the one, that is currently signing her nice checks..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

I have to laugh at BothSides McCain getting all high and mighty about "fake news" when just last week she was trying to spread a lie about Elizabeth Warren getting into Harvard by claiming to be a minority. I believe she also was spreading that fictitious story about Hillary and uranium on her twitter page. What a self-righteous hypocrite. 

Good Point!  She rejected the point that there's a difference between a mistake and a lie, both are fake news to her.  But not when she does it. 

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

You did not miss much. He prevaricated and did the usual schtick of what aboutism, in relation to, the sexual scandals, in Washington. Megan was just there, urging Corey to tell us ignorant masses on why we are wrong about his former boss's supporters.  She got in her usual dig about the media.   She keeps forgetting about the one, that is currently signing her nice checks..

I went back and forth between channels and caught the question she asked Corey about what the media isn't understanding about Trump supporters. Like I said up thread, I'm not sure what she's talking about. I don't see any MSM taking digs at or attacking Trump voters. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I went back and forth between channels and caught the question she asked Corey about what the media isn't understanding about Trump supporters. Like I said up thread, I'm not sure what she's talking about. I don't see any MSM taking digs at or attacking Trump voters. 

I hope she's not suggesting the MSM only report positive stories to appease Trump voters, because a press that is not free to criticize the president would be problematic.  Trump already has a propaganda machine at Fox.

• Love 14

Joy and Sunny raked Lewandowskiwhoever over the coals. Sunny asked him about whether his Twitter comment saying those who collude should rot in jail should apply to Trump if collusion is proven and then he couldn't give a straight answer even when Joy asked "Yes or No?" Then Sunny brought up some quote about the Mexicans are rapists/murderers comment that Lewandowskiwhoever said in his book wasn't racist at all and asked him to explain, only for the audience to outright gasp at his audacity when he said Trump is the least racist man alive or some other load. Even Meghan reaching in and trying to help him out when Sunny/Joy were outright laughing at him didn't work. Joy and Sunny are love, lol.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

he said Trump is the least racist man alive or some other load

You know the problem I have with that statement? It allows for some to think that there is some racism in that person. Like if there were a group of racists, 45 would be one too, but he would be the LEAST racist. If this putz is trying to convince people that his former boss isn't a racist at all, then say that. That he isn't racist. Saying "least racist" again, implies, he harbors some racism. So Fuck OFF, you skinny necked Ichabod.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm not sure she even keeps the crap she grabs.  I think it's part of her schtick, like the Valley girl talk.

Neither of which is funny or endearing.

• Love 12

Corey Lewandowski interview: 

Brian Ross misspoke - he said something happened when trump was a candidate, when it really happened when he was president-elect.  Corey Lewandowski thinks he should be FIRED for that?    What an ass. Whether or not the stock market was affected by the mistake does not have any bearing on guilt or innocence. or losing his job.

And the equivalence between Al Franken putting his hand too far south when adult women are posing for photos with him, and Roy Moore preying on teenagers is absurd.  

JOy and Sunny were great asking  - so, IF trump colluded with Russia, he should go to prison?   And CL could NOT answer.  He avoided the question by saying "I know the president so well!"  The audience  laughed, and MM again SCOLDED Joy and the audience for laughing.  

What are we missing about trump voters?  CL answers in terms of a story about a sick child.  WTF??

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, General Days said:

I do think the Media as a whole keeps talking about "Republicans" and "Conservatives" here, but while traditional Republicans and conservatives voted for him, they weren't who put him over the top. I've heard some half decent discussion (including from View alum Nicolle Wallace, who I think went on the road to talk to Trump voters at least once after the election), but largely the media (including  The View) still talks about Trump voters as if they're a monolith and had the historical type of expectations and desires that allowed pundits to categorize us (i.e. Americans) as "Red Staters," "Blue Staters," and "Purple Staters," when this is a whole different ball game (in my opinion). 

I do think that the media likes to simplify a complex problem. I just get annoyed with the focus that they always get. Why don't the media ever highlight the resistance that are making history at the local level in states that would never go blue under different circumstances.  The media also likes to focus on the forgotten red voters, what about the forgotten blue voters? Don't they count as well? 

• Love 18

I love Meghan, too funny working people up, and seeing heads pop Joy is such a bitch, same wig , different day...lol

1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I do think that the media likes to simplify a complex problem. I just get annoyed with the focus that they always get. Why don't the media ever highlight the resistance that are making history at the local level in states that would never go blue under different circumstances.  The media also likes to focus on the forgotten red voters, what about the forgotten blue voters? Don't they count as well? 

I guess they don't count, no...

36 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They don't to Meghan since they aren't "her people".

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You know the problem I have with that statement? It allows for some to think that there is some racism in that person. Like if there were a group of racists, 45 would be one too, but he would be the LEAST racist. If this putz is trying to convince people that his former boss isn't a racist at all, then say that. That he isn't racist. Saying "least racist" again, implies, he harbors some racism. So Fuck OFF, you skinny necked Ichabod.

Good point, have never thought about that!  I have heard that said for many years usually in the first person, "I am the least racist person you will ever meet."  Thanks

• Love 6

Dear, cute Sara - She looks so ready to birth that I expect her to go into contractions right on stage.

Phooey.  Corey Lewandowski was a disappointment, especially after I had such anticipation for his appearance today.  Really, I didn't need another tongue bathing of 45.  CL's book is supposed to be about the insider 411 of trump's campaign, and that's what I was hoping to hear about.  I want DIRT, DAMMIT!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, NeverLate said:

I love Meghan, too funny working people up, and seeing heads pop Joy is such a bitch, same wig , different day...lol

I guess they don't count, no...

Funny, it seems to me like Meghan is the one who gets worked up with her head about to pop.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

According to my family members who are supporters the media describes them all as uneducated.  

maybe Meghan should just inform us what she thinks the media is doing.  

The author went to Jed’s fast talking school.  Joy really could not hide her distaste for that guest. 

• Love 3

OMG - Corey Lewandowski is such a fucking liar! And him screaming about wanting Trump to be a killer - someone give this guy an Xanax! What an idiot. Good for Joy for bringing him down. Jesus. Spare us more of this kind of guest.

And BOOM! Good for Sunny.

Why is this asshole being given *any* time on this show??? And... the deflection begins. He didn't answer any questions and he yelled over Joy at the end. FUCK YOU, COREY!

I need a palate-cleanser - bring on Keegan-Michael Key.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, tribeca said:

According to my family members who are supporters the media describes them all as uneducated.  

I suppose one could say that some of the commentators/panelists say things like that but in terms of actual headlines from MSMS saying "Trump Supporters Are All Uneducated!" never happened, which goes to my point about Meghan. She was implying that the actual journalists are saying these things about Trump supporters. Panelists/political analysts on a news network aren't journalists. You'd think Meghan would get that because she refers to herself as a political analyst. 

3 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

OMG - Corey Lewandowski is such a fucking liar! And him screaming about wanting Trump to be a killer - someone give this guy an Xanax! What an idiot. Good for Joy for bringing him down. Jesus. Spare us more of this kind of guest.

Fast-talking snake oil salesman.

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, tribeca said:

maybe Meghan should just inform us what she thinks the media is doing.  

The author went to Jed’s fast talking school.  Joy really could not hide her distaste for that guest. 

Or any guest, they are all guests of the show..smh.

40 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

Funny, it seems to me like Meghan is the one who gets worked up with her head about to pop.

If ya like..lol. These women don't mean anything in my life..

2 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

Why is this asshole being given *any* time on this show??? And... the deflection begins. He didn't answer any questions and he yelled over Joy at the end. FUCK YOU, COREY!

I'm glad she didn't stop to let him speak. The interview was over, loser, GTFO.

• Love 11

And... the deflection begins. He didn't answer any questions and he yelled over Joy at the end.

That's hard to do, we've always called her big mouth Behar! 

Sara is a sweetheart, 4/5 of her would be great! 

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

The steam coming out of her ears! The lasers from her eyes!   The gritted grimace of death to liberals!   

Seriously, I'm surprised that she hasn't snapped a pencil in half yet.  

I think her petting/ pawing her hair must be sensory soothing like it is for babies, disgusting to watch a grown woman do it but if it helps her development and she doesn't have to suck her thumb or crawl into someone's lap  I'm grateful.

Michael Keegan was a nice break from the creep that is CL, I know him so well. 

Fast talking snake oil salesman is what I was thinking also, could tell he "sat next to Trump" many times. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Michael
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Jewlmc said:

Absolutely!  The others often become passionate about what they say and believe, but I've never seen any of them on the verge of tears as often as Meghan has been - and she's only been there a few weeks.  She is far less professional and far less mature, and she stands out for that reason.   The others understand why they're there, and they state their case, often with humor to break the tension.  Meghan apparently has no sense of humor.  She takes everything super personally, is way too intense, and wrapped much too tight.  Absolutely, 100%, none of the others even come close to holding a candle to her in the head-popping-off department.  

Humorless crybaby with a hugely inflated perception of her own importance.  The accomplishments and experiences of of her father are HIS accomplishments and HIS experiences, not hers, but she fails to see that and she rides his coattails every damn day.

Edited by DebbieM4
Removed random exclamation point.
  • Love 22

There is passion and bitchy, one reason I'm not a fan of Joys are the bitchy looks she gives the guest, he was no picnic. But a show invites a guest, treat him or her as such. Maybe Joy needs to look up the word guest!

LOL, nah that's ok. I already got my answer and it was just as I thought. 

Good. LOL. That's what I thought...☺

Edited by NeverLate
12 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

This isn't a soft show like The Tonight Show.  Political guests are booked specifically to discuss political things, and debates are expected to result from that.  Joy asks the questions that lots of people would ask.  She's a great interviewer - very knowledgeable, intelligent, prepared, focused, and she knows how and when to interject humor.   She's very well-suited to this type of show.

Is she sometimes bitchy?  Sure.   But I can think of 100 other words to describe her before I'd get to that.  Meghan, on the other hand, is constantly bitchy.  And most of the time it's because her feelings are hurt.  She's supposed to be a grown-up on a talk show, but she pouts as though she's a child giving a piano recital and the adults aren't praising her talents enough.  She would do well to keep her bitchy moments to a minimum.  It's hard to take her seriously when she is perpetually disgruntled, angry, making sullen faces, and rolling her eyes.   I often think how much of a bitch she must be in her off-camera life if this is the best she can do on-camera when most people try hard to present themselves in a positive light.  She is incredibly and consistently rude and disrespectful.   The bitch on this show is not Joy.  It's Meghan.

We can think differently, before Meghan was on this show, my friends, some family other forums/ groups always called Joy bitchy, and I maintain she is. Joy can ask the questions, but the snarly looks, the rolling eyes, the unfunny banter, nah, not my cup of plasma...

Edited by NeverLate