Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/4/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

It's a shame on MM because before the view, everything that I had heard about her was positive. And when it's not political, I think she's fine on the show, if not a little standoffish. But her almost daily pouting tantrums have really ruined her for me. 

Joy can be bitchy and yup, she's got a pretty big mouth. I'm sure she'd be the first to tell you either - that's her shtick. But theres a reason she's been on this show as long as she has been, and a reason why she was asked back when the show was a disaster. She's very good at it. 

• Love 18
14 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

The View has been a guilty pleasure of mine for years.  However, it's time for them to re-think the "token conservative" slot.  I've no problem with that voice being heard, that's what America is about.  But does the View's GOP representative always have to be angry, dour-faced, empty-headed talking point vessels like Megan and Bitsy?  It doesn't make for good entertainment or even pleasant television.  I'm sure it's possible to get a conservative voice that's reasonable and can behave like a normal, rational, compassionate human being.  When it comes to representing the conservative point of view, folks like Megan and Bitsy are, as Bill Maher one said, "not the best advertisement for their own product."

Certainly there are many women who would do much better in that role.  It's important to have someone who is articulate and informed, and I would really welcome the opportunity to hear the viewpoints of a conservative on a regular basis.  I want to understand how everything looks to someone who thinks differently than I do.  I want to be prompted to think about my beliefs and I want to be prodded into taking a clear look at the other side and to consider aspects I might not have considered before.   I may not end up agreeing or convinced, but a meaningful conversation would be a really good thing.

It's maddening that there are qualified women out there, but instead we have been deluged with hysterical, inarticulate, overly-emotional, shrill drama queens.  They should not be representing the conservative point of view.  It's a waste of time, not to mention unfair to those who feel wildly misrepresented by them.

• Love 24
21 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I'm going to predict that Joy will still be on this show long after Meghan slivers away.  I also doubt She'll be asked to return once she leaves.

Let's hope Joy can put up with Whoopi, I said upthread, unhappy table, with or without MM.

1 minute ago, DebbieM4 said:

Certainly there are many women who would do much better in that role.  It's important to have someone who is articulate and informed, and I would really welcome the opportunity to hear the viewpoints of a conservative on a regular basis.  I want to understand how everything looks to someone who thinks differently than I do.  I want to be prompted to think about my beliefs and I want to be prodded into taking a clear look at the other side and to consider aspects I might not have considered before.   I may not end up agreeing or convinced, but a meaningful conversation would be a really good thing.

It's maddening that there are qualified women out there, but instead we have been deluged with hysterical, inarticulate, overly-emotional, shrill drama queens.  They should not be representing the conservative point of view.  It's a waste of time, not to mention unfair to those who feel wildly misrepresented by them.

Two words, Nicole Wallace.

She was MHO, perfect.Too qualified for this show though :(:

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Fixed that for ya BronzeDog!!

This works too:

I'm going to predict that Joy will still be on this show long after Meghan slivers slithers melts away.

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Let's hope Joy can put up with Whoopi, I said upthread, unhappy table, with or without MM.

Two words, Nicole Wallace.

She was MHO, perfect.Too qualified for this show though :(:

I will agree with you there. It's a shame NW got caught up in the massive sweep they did post Rosie. She doing great on MSNBC though. 

• Love 11

For the first time since the show started airing, I think it is time to stop watching. MM reminds me too much of Elisabeth. Just talking points and no substance. Her go to phrases tribal, Trump base, Republican, Bannon, Fake news, liberal media etc. do not contribute a thing to the conversation.

Even with Lewandowski MM had to bring the conversation back to her talking point about Trump's base and stated this is something she has been trying to explain all week. I must have missed something because I think the panel understands Trump's base and what they want . Too bad the new tax bill will take more away from them than they will ever get. When will MM get around to addressing that?!

She is insufferable and her vocal fry is beyond grating. I liked Jed - at least she could articulate and explain her POV without acting like a teen.

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

I will agree with you there. It's a shame NW got caught up in the massive sweep they did post Rosie. She doing great on MSNBC though. 

I really liked Nicole Wallace, too.  Was sorry to see her go. 

Even with Lewandowski MM had to bring the conversation back to her talking point about Trump's base

And there was a flicker of impatience in her voice.  She was obviously annoyed that everyone was not talking about what she wanted to discuss.

• Love 13

Seems to me when a guest is invited on the show to push their book they can damn well answer the questions!

Have to laugh at MM however - she can't drag the co-hosts, the viewers or AN or CL into discussing her rediculous theory on her people.

• Love 17

Remember when Rosie would call Joy "Aunt Lenore" because she always had a sour look on her face? That's who she is. She's a woman of a certain age, former high school teacher, an Italian-American from Brooklyn, and a comedian for 30+ years ... There's no bullshit with her. It's why she doesn't have time for people like Lewandowski or Conway who have no substance in their spin.

S.E. Cupp has her own HLN show and it was on at my break room at work today. I know she auditioned for The View during the failed Whoopi/Nicolle/Rosie/Rosie year as Token Conservative, and I have only seen her show this one day, but she was rather fantastic. She moderated well, her panel was diverse in views and backgrounds, and when a panelist said something that led to pearl-clutching, she said "That might actually be the majority opinion and we need to talk about that."

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Totally agreed with Whoopie when she said, “oh, shit!” when the conversation was interrupted to sell a toothbrush.

That was so like "The View" to abruptly cut a discussion before it's even over. To hell with anyone that sincerely wanted an answer to the question that Sunny had just posed, which was "what should I do if I'm banning my daughter from social media, but that is affecting her social life?"

I know, I know, we shouldn't be watching The View to get parenting advice, but still!

• Love 10

Totally agreed with Whoopie when she said, “oh, shit!” when the conversation was interrupted to sell a toothbrush.

The most annoying part, they never go back to what they were starting to discuss. The first time,  Whoopi showed a photo of a girl or woman, I never knew who it was, or what she was going to talk about. It's pretty bizarre, I don't remember so much " stuff " being flogged on this show.I normally record it,  thank goodness, it's too distracting watching live...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

That was so like "The View" to abruptly cut a discussion before it's even over. To hell with anyone that sincerely wanted an answer to the question that Sunny had just posed, which was "what should I do if I'm banning my daughter from social media, but that is affecting her social life?"

I thought that this was a very interesting topic.  So many parents struggle with this issue.  It would have been nice to hear what the other hosts had to say.  Instead we got a stupid ad for a waterpik.  It was so frustrating.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

Meghan apparently has no sense of humor.

Just a tiny tidbit stolen from a glorious posting by DebbieM4 on Page 3:   Meghan apparently has no sense of humor.  Meghan apparently has no sense of humor.  Meghan apparently has no sense of humor.

Edited by Former Nun
Bolding and Unbolding.
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Former Nun said:

Just a tiny tidbit stolen from a glorious posting by DebbieM4 on Page 3:   Meghan apparently has no sense of humor.  Meghan apparently has no sense of humor.  Meghan apparently has no sense of humor.

Know what I’ve noticed?  Meghan apparently has no sense of humor.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, JakeyJokes said:

I have only seen her show this one day, but she was rather fantastic. She moderated well, her panel was diverse in views and backgrounds, and when a panelist said something that led to pearl-clutching, she said "That might actually be the majority opinion and we need to talk about that."

Then she has VASTLY improved; good for her.  She's been trying for years.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, backformore said:

Keep in mind, the case CL is talking about is about a man who fund a gun and accidentally fired it into the pavement. causing the bullet to ricochet and kill someone. 

That's the important part of the case.  That the prosecutor(s) charged him with murder (I know there were lesser charges too) amazes me.  President Trump doesn't care about the facts...just that an American (probably pretty) was killed by a bullet fired by an illegal immigrant.  There are so many more REAL cases, but he and his minions are just too lazy to gather the info.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Have to laugh at MM however - she can't drag the co-hosts, the viewers or AN or CL into discussing her rediculous theory on her people.

So incredible that even a Republican shill like Lewandowski ignores MM's question--not once, but twice!!!  

And didn't even look at her through 99% of his time because he was to busy deflecting Joy and Sunny's questions.  

So much for Ms. Insider who knows all things remotely related to political campaigns.  Lol. 

I bet MM will do her Rodney Dangerfield whining about no respect again this week.  MM's so dense that it hasn't sunk in that she's nobody of significance. 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

MM tweeted her thanks to all the conservatives that have sent nice tweets. And here I thought she was for unity and not division. Hence why she is trying to educate us.

I get the feeling that when Meghan McCain meets a new person, the first thing she wants to know is if they are republican or democrat, so she knows if they are "my people"  or "them."  I'm not saying she doesn't have democrats as friends - just that she views them as "my democratic friends," not just as friends.  We all categorize people to some extent.  But MM seems to see political party as the most important defining element in putting people in categories.  

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, backformore said:

I get the feeling that when Meghan McCain meets a new person, the first thing she wants to know is if they are republican or democrat, so she knows if they are "my people"  or "them."  I'm not saying she doesn't have democrats as friends - just that she views them as "my democratic friends," not just as friends.  We all categorize people to some extent.  But MM seems to see political party as the most important defining element in putting people in categories.  

I agree! 

Plus I doubt that MM has any friends under a high tax bracket. She disdains the audience,  and I imagine she would be dismissive of anyone who is not somebody,  or somebody rich. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, NeverLate said:

We can think differently, before Meghan was on this show, my friends, some family other forums/ groups always called Joy bitchy, and I maintain she is.

Serious question - have you ever found Meghan’s behavior “bitchy” or just Joy?

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

HELL NO! to Sippy Cupp! She is just as bad as Meghan. Climate change denier, among other things. And a grating, nails on a chalkboard laugh.

I continued this convo in the MM thread. Couldn’t remember who brought her up or why lol.

• Love 6

Thanks, Whoopi, for "going there" about Bannon's comments regarding Romney and his sons.  Your reaction mirrored mine precisely, and I too applauded you along with the audience.  For Bannon to bitch that Romney's sons didn't serve in the military was rather counter-productive considering that 45 has four adult offspring who haven't served either.  Did they all inherit Daddy's bone spurs?

By the way, why does Bannon always look like he just walked out of the woods?

Shallow note:  Wide horizontal stripes, Meghan?  Not a good look on you!  And the hair braids didn't help any.  Even Woodstock couldn't save your outfit, and he's a cutie.

• Love 20

Good show today, relaxed and fun .Loved Meghan's rant..wtg Meghan. Bannon is creepy, and, as she said, running scared.She sure knows a lot about that.!

I'm not sure about John Oliver ambushing Hoffman, they were there to talk about the anniversary of a movie. But then, as this show said, it's harder to hear anything about someone you really like.

Sara is like my dil, she was older and pregnant,she also had  fertility issues like Sunny, but this month our granddaughter is 7.! So thanks to the ladies who do have babies later in life( or adopt)

Time absolutely got the cover right! Applause for them, and all the women that have come forward!# metoo

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meghan was tolerable today.  Just sayin'.

Only because the main topic was semi-related to her family. Methinks she'd have given a completely different response if they hadn't attacked her father, something akin to: "This is so exhausting having to argue who has the better military record. The mainstream media should stop adding to the division, blah blah blah." We know how the song and dance goes by now.

12 hours ago, geekburger said:

It’s weird to think we could have gotten a Whoopi/Rosie O/Sunny/SE panel back in the day.

Thankfully Rosie knifed S.E. Cupp before she could get in the door. I think it's better we got Sunny later actually. She had some well-meant advice from Sherri that wasn't very good, and besides she'd have been wiped out with the rest of the panel at the end of that year.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

She said she grew up watching "The Daily Show." Color me shocked. 

I wasn't surprised, not sure why.

I liked the part about snooping, texts etc. You have to have trust, if you don't have that, you have nothing. Agreed with Sara and Meghan on that...all around good show, more of that please! 

29 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

A lot of bitchin' about Romney's sons not being in the military back when he was running though... We all remember. It's funny. We  are living in a circus mirror. 

I remember that, however I liked Romney. I liked his tweet about Moore.

• Love 3

I can't get over all those (I assume) good Christian voters in AL chiding the Romneys for their lack of military service... because of their Christian beliefs. How is it Bannon has everyone so mesmerized?  And what about the Trumps avoiding military service? <crickets>

Re snooping social media, I'm with Sara in thinking it's creepy when couples share emails and FB profiles. Whenever I see something like Joeandmary Smith I want to tell Mary to get her own identity. Free Mary!

• Love 15
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Only because the main topic was semi-related to her family. Methinks she'd have given a completely different response if they hadn't attacked her father, something akin to: "This is so exhausting having to argue who has the better military record. The mainstream media should stop adding to the division, blah blah blah." We know how the song and dance goes by now.

Thankfully Rosie knifed S.E. Cupp before she could get in the door. I think it's better we got Sunny later actually. She had some well-meant advice from Sherri that wasn't very good, and besides she'd have been wiped out with the rest of the panel at the end of that year.

I thank that honor goes to Whoopie as well. She and Rosie both resisted her coming to the show.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I can't get over all those (I assume) good Christian voters in AL chiding the Romneys for their lack of military service... because of their Christian beliefs. How is it Bannon has everyone so mesmerized?  And what about the Trumps avoiding military service? <crickets>

Re snooping social media, I'm with Sara in thinking it's creepy when couples share emails and FB profiles. Whenever I see something like Joeandmary Smith I want to tell Mary to get her own identity. Free Mary!

Free Mary! LOL. I don't hide passwords, but my DH is so not interested in my SM accounts..I only saw one couple that had a FB account the same..

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

She said she grew up watching "The Daily Show." Color me shocked. I agree with you.

"Grew up?" What was she, 8, when the show premiered? Jon Stewart took over in 1999, which would have made her 15 or thereabouts. Jon didn't really start to have a name, or give the show its popularity until after 9/11. Unless she said she watched it when that very bland Craig Kilborne hosted? And it was a totally different show? Give me a fucking break. Of course, maybe I should wait to watch the show to see what the context was, hee!

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I always  think OK which one of  you cheated.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Free Mary! LOL. I don't hide passwords

Ha, ha - I know my husband's passwords, but he doesn't know mine!  To be fair, I don't think he's interested.

3 hours ago, Tunia said:

Did they all inherit Daddy's bone spurs?

It's genetic, doncha know?

I'm not sure about John Oliver ambushing Hoffman, they were there to talk about the anniversary of a movie.

I'm not a big fan of the confrontational, holier-than-thou interview.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Haleth said:

How is it Bannon has everyone so mesmerized?

I don't understand it either. And he looks terrible. 

Time absolutely got the cover right! Applause for them, and all the women that have come forward!

I agree. Good choice.

53 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Unless she said she watched it when that very bland Craig Kilborne hosted? And it was a totally different show? Give me a fucking break. Of course, maybe I should wait to watch the show to see what the context was, hee!

She didn't specify how old she was when she started watching it but I'm close in age with Meghan and you're right, lol. And you might be pleasantly surprised. The show was decent today.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, geekburger said:

also I love Sara but her use of “optics” borders on MMs use of “tribal”.

I'm so tired of overused:  OPTICS ~ TRIBAL ~ TROPE ~ MEME.   They remind me of a job interview in 1980.  "How well do you interface with executives?"   Inter-fuckin-face?   It wasn't a term in my industry, but I was moving into electronics and didn't guffaw.  Also, the guy interviewing me had known me well since 1968.   I got the job and "interfaced" for a year or so and soon that word was passe`.    Ah, terminology.

• Love 16
15 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

As one grows up, one realizes that disagreement is not an attack. I hope Meghan gets to that point someday. I find myself fascinated with watching her turn bright red (particularly on her upper chest).

There are SO MANY adults who need to grow up in that arena.      I grew up a freckled redhead and blushed a lot when I learned about stuff that would make one blush.  One day I was in my obstetrician's office, wearing one of those paper gowns.  He said something (probably risque`) and I responded in kind.  He had to leave the room for a moment and I saw my reflection in his chrome paper-towel dispenser.  Red-faced and blotchy from my neck to as far down as I could see.  I didn't have a clue my blush was so "encompassing."   Now I look for those clues on Judge Judy's victims.  You can see that blotch glowing and glowing.        P.S.  I was diagnosed with lupus when I was 54 and never blushed again; doctors think I'm silly when I mention that.

• Love 7

I had to shake my head in disbelief when they showed that clip of John Oliver and Dustin Hoffman. Talk about tone-deaf. Dustin, why would you question a woman not coming forward forty years ago? Because she probably had no power and, more than likely, would not have been believed! Ugh. Another fucking old, entitled man - shut up! I applaud John Oliver for having the balls to question him. 

Oh Meghan - stop poking Joy. "Ladies, let me take this. You don't mind, do you, Joy?" (Me, paraphrasing). Take a whole stadium of seats, MM! And there goes, Whoopi, kissing MM's ass. Again!

And if Steve Bannon is going to bring up Romney's sons lack of service to the country - take a look at the loser President!

• Love 19