Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/4/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

And there goes, Whoopi, kissing MM's ass. Again!

She applauded her stance on Trump and her father, as did the others btw, that's not kissing ass, that's the right thing to do, as many have called Meghan out for not doing! Take a bow MM! I applauded as well.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

I had to shake my head in disbelief when they showed that clip of John Oliver and Dustin Hoffman. Talk about tone-deaf.

What makes it even more tone-deaf is that the movie they were talking about, Wag the Dog--the plot is making up a war to deflect from the President sexually harassing a young woman. And they don't think this is the right venue or time to discuss sexual harassment? Oh, really?

• Love 15
8 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

Oh Meghan - stop poking Joy. "Ladies, let me take this. You don't mind, do you, Joy?" (Me, paraphrasing). Take a whole stadium of seats, MM! And there goes, Whoopi, kissing MM's ass. Again!

I guess they need to find a way to involve her father in all their topics because she doesn't call out these kinds of things when they affect someone else--in fact, she usually defends them. She doesn't stand on any real decency. I'm grateful Joy brought up the Gold Star family Trump attacked because the world doesn't revolve around Meghan McCain's bloodline.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 21

I could not make out what Ed Helms favorite daily show memory was.  Ed was a very charming guest.  Liked him a lot when he was on the office.   

Enjoyed meghans rant.  She does have beautiful skin. Maybe I’ll ask her on Twitter her skin regime then find thr knockoff brand. 

As someone who never had children but always wanted one I really didn’t like Whoopi laughing at sonny being 50 and a mother to a ten year old. It wasn’t so much thr laugh but the fact she kept going at it.  Actually think someone told her to stop. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

She said she grew up watching "The Daily Show." Color me shocked. I agree with you.

Jon Stewart loved John McCain had him on many times.  Read into that what ever you want.  As someone else pointed out, I wonder if Trump/Bannon hadn't attacked her father if her reaction would have been different,  just wondering  (shrugs )?

Eta yeah, he did call him out during that horrible Palin  time, but he was definitely a McCain fan for a while.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

Do the ladies know that John doesn't invite guests on Last Week Tonight and that it's currently on a break right now? I'm glad Sunny was for it, only because John bringing up the allegation ties into what the movie is about. I am surprised that the others felt like it wasn't the right time, considering they spoke up about the whole MeToo Time's thing and know that there's never a good time to bring up that topic.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Do the ladies know that John doesn't invite guests on Last Week Tonight and that it's currently on a break right now? I'm glad Sunny was for it, only because John bringing up the allegation ties into what the movie is about. I am surprised that the others felt like it wasn't the right time, considering they spoke up about the whole MeToo Time's thing and know that there's never a good time to bring up that topic.

I'd  say no they don't know about the no guests. 

I think the others might have been following WG lead. Isn't she friends with Dustin Hoffmann?  If not , she sounded alot like the Whoopi of Polanski defense era. Not as fierce but pretty close imo.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Liked him a lot when he was on the office.   

I own most of the DVDs from “The Office” and am willing to admit I still binge watch seasons 2-4 to this day. 

1 hour ago, ari333 said:

That Cory guy seemed like an ass.

“That Cory guy is an ass.”

Fixed it for you. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

As someone who never had children but always wanted one I really didn’t like Whoopi laughing at sonny being 50 and a mother to a ten year old. It wasn’t so much thr laugh but the fact she kept going at it.  Actually think someone told her to stop. 

Perhaps Whoopi feels superior because she was a GRANDMOTHER at 34!!!  What a coup.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Maybe I’ll ask her on Twitter her sin regime then find thr knockoff brand. 

This made me chuckle, thinking what/who the "knockoff brand" for her sin might be!  Not mocking...just enjoying! Let us know if you get an answer - LOL.  Enquiring minds want to know.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Not to mention that Sunny struggled with infertility.  She always has to take a shot at Sunny..

• Love 22
9 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

And there goes, Whoopi, kissing MM's ass. Again!

It just dawned on me that maybe Meghan is signed up for the show as a short-termer and that's why Whoopi is being kind and protective. No real reason to alienate her if she's only going to be there for six months or so, and she will be a "get" in the future, due to further developments with the current presidency or the death of Sen. McCain.

I'm a baseball fan (duh) and I'm thinking she may be similar to a free-agent pitcher who gets signed by a pennant contender in July and everyone knows it's just for that season's pennant drive and that the pitcher will be gone and signed with another team after the post-season ends.

That's the only explanation I can come up with for the fuzzy kid-glove treatment that Meghan is getting.

It's so much better a show when, like today, Meghan relaxes and remembers she doesn't have to be only The Republican or The Educator. I don't miss much about Jedidiah, but I fondly recall that she could talk about her life and not only about her politics.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

It just dawned on me that maybe Meghan is signed up for the show as a short-termer and that's why Whoopi is being kind and protective. No real reason to alienate her if she's only going to be there for six months or so, and she will be a "get" in the future, due to further developments with the current presidency or the death of Sen. McCain.

I'm a baseball fan (duh) and I'm thinking she may be similar to a free-agent pitcher who gets signed by a pennant contender in July and everyone knows it's just for that season's pennant drive and that the pitcher will be gone and signed with another team after the post-season ends.

That's the only explanation I can come up with for the fuzzy kid-glove treatment that Meghan is getting.

It's so much better a show when, like today, Meghan relaxes and remembers she doesn't have to be only The Republican or The Educator. I don't miss much about Jedidiah, but I fondly recall that she could talk about her life and not only about her politics.

I agree, well said.  I think today was her best show yet. On the short term, I've long felt that will be her out. God forbid, Papa takes a turn.  

• Love 5

"Maybe more republican women aren't coming out because there are more women that are democrats in the Senate." - Whoopi in reference to all the democratic women in the senate asking for Al Franken to step down as opposed to calling out Pres. Trump on his alleged sexual allegations.

Huh? That's not an excuse, Whoopi. 

And Sunny kept asking MM if she thought all of the calls for Al Franken to resign would change the Roy Moore race and she didn't answer and kept avoiding eye contact with Sunny. She pivoted to something else. I wanted her to answer Sunny.

And good on Joy for telling MM not to put words in her mouth, which is exactly what she was trying to do!

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Go Joy! I agreed with her 1000%.  Taking the high road, has done nothing, for the Democratic party.  When they go low, we go high, is nice in personal relationships, but, not, in DC.  Nice guys finish last in politics.

I think it's strategic though. Imagine the campaign ads for 2018 and 2020 about how the Democrats held their people accountable. All about optics and it's unfortunate but smart. They are definitely thinking about flipping the seats next year.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, lexytheblasian said:

I think it's strategic though. Imagine the campaign ads for 2018 and 2020 about how the Democrats held their people accountable. All about optics and it's unfortunate but smart. They are definitely thinking about flipping the seats next year.

The Dems suck at messaging. They always play defense and never go on the offense, afraid to offend people. They stand for nothing.  They always bring a knife to a gun fight.  The other side's base will follow their side, no matter what.  

• Love 13

I love Tiffany Haddish. She did an extended interview on a radio show and detailed her life growing up. They say comedians laugh to avoid crying and it's so true. Tiffany had a terrible life growing up so I'm happy to see flourish.

15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They always bring a knife to a gun fight.

I agree but I do think it's to avoid being looked at as hypocrites when they challenge the Republicans on issues. Not sure it's an effective approach though.

• Love 8

For not being a left and right issue, its sure one on this show. I know Joy is fond of Franken, but 8 women is 8 too many, and suspicious? Really Joy?  Why then are democrats calling for him to step aside, are there more to come?  I thought Meghan handled that well, adding to things that horrible Moore is against, and thinks. Joy, take a seat, if your with women on this, stay there! Do not cherry pick!

Sara, karate kid, nobody got it in the audience. lol

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Catnip said:

Whatever is driving the good mood between Whoopi and MM as of late is making the show watchable.  Wonder what gives?

It's been great! I have no clue who Tiffany is, but I really like her, she added to the fun.:)

9 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I think Whoopi may have broken her "Welcome to The View" record today.

I think so!!!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hopefully, this will shut Meghan's trap with "what about..."  And even if she wasn't as combative yesterday? She's been so ugly since day one, that she's used up all good favors or whatever the term is with me. Because she's revealed herself to be a not so nice person.

I know. It was a good speech, though I wish it hadn't come to this.

Megan will always try to needle Joy, because she sees her as just a Democrat.   Therefore, she is her enemy that has to be vanquished at all cost..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, lexytheblasian said:

Nothing. Standards have been set so low for politicians now that almost nothing is disqualifying. 

Except, if, you are, a Democrat.   We always have to do the right thing, while the other side is Teflon..

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh, no question Franken had to fall on his sword for the optics, so the Dems can claim the moral high ground next year. I'm not sure that will be enough though. If sexually assaulting teenagers isn't enough to disqualify a candidate, what is?  It is incredible to me that those spineless slugs in DC have put party above family values and Moore will win. 

I strongly believe in Karma, and scum like Moore will get his, just watch and wait. I forgot what Meghan said about him last week, and I agreed with her, but he will face his maker, sooner, than later imho! 

1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Except, if, you are, a Democrat.   We always have to do the right thing, while the other side is Teflon..

That won't last, once DT is gone, so will these other pos! 

6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan will always try to needle Joy, because she sees her as just a Democrat.   Therefore, she is her enemy that has to be vanquished at all cost..

She simply asked if she thought Frankens accuser was lying, to which joy said , don't put words in my mouth, but something is suspicious! So Meghan just asked her a question, as they all do to one another...I would have asked. I do believe it's very wrong to have some step down, and others don't. Something needs to be put in place, I believe thats what Whoopi was saying..

8 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

That won't last, once DT is gone, so will these other pos! 

The Dems pushed out Franken, while, the GOP is embracing Moore, because he is one of their own.  A pedophile has more value than a Democrat, in some circles. I have to ask myself what did the Dems do, to be reviled, at this level.  Even, in prisons, people who prey on children are the lowest of the low.  They don't have good lives in there, they are often, shunned, harassed and killed.  Their existence offends them, on a human level. We are about to reward a pedophile with a seat in the senate.  What does that say about our morality as a country.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
32 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh, no question Franken had to fall on his sword for the optics, so the Dems can claim the moral high ground next year. I'm not sure that will be enough though. If sexually assaulting teenagers isn't enough to disqualify a candidate, what is?  It is incredible to me that those spineless slugs in DC have put party above family values and Moore will win. 

This is a political chess game. Dems are probably looking at the 2018 election cycle appealing to those that didn't vote, women, and millennials. To quote Ana Navarro, "the GOP will be the party of Gross Old Pedophiles and tax relief for the rich!" 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Catnip said:

This is a political chess game. Dems are probably looking at the 2018 election cycle appealing to those that didn't vote, women, and millennials. To quote Ana Navarro, "the GOP will be the party of Gross Old Pedophiles and tax relief for the rich!" 

They need to energize their base and tell the people what they stand for, not what is wrong with the other side...They keep trying to get people who would never vote for a Democrat, even, if their livelihood and lives depended on electing one into office.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They need to energize their base and tell the people what they stand for, not what is wrong with the other side...They keep trying to get people who would never vote for a Democrat, even, if their livelihood and lives depended on electing one into office.

Yes they need to say more than we aren't Republicans.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Catnip said:

I think that's exactly what's happening. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They need to energize their base and tell the people what they stand for, not what is wrong with the other side.

I agree. So far the Dems' only message right now is, "we're not like the Republicans. They go low, we go high." They need something else because that's not going to be enough in 2018 and 2020. 

32 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Nice of them to bring up the passage of the concealed carrier law for gun owners allowing them to move from state to state under the same umbrella. So no longer the party of family values or state's rights? I feel sorry for people like Joy in these states that are now having gun violence foisted on them even though they've tried to stop it locally.

I liked that they brought it up, too but hopefully the Senate down-votes it. Republicans hold the majority though so I'm not so sure they will.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Joy's beautiful blue blouse looks great in front of the blue holiday set.

And how did Whoopi not realize it was snowing behind her that whole time?! lol.

I still can't believe Joy's age. She looks great!

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 9

The set is really pretty. I don't recall it being like that last year, or maybe I didn't watch. I think Whoopi saw herself on camera, and it just looked odd, snowing on her head, more or less.

Joy does look good, fillers and botox are a woman's friend, if I could afford it, I'd do it! ☺

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Joy does look good, fillers and botox are a woman's friend, if I could afford out, I'd do it! ☺

Joy has had really good work done.  I wish others would follow her lead of less is more (I'm talking to you, Meg Ryan).

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Joy does look good, fillers and botox are a woman's friend, if I could afford out, I'd do it! ☺

I say if you can afford it, why not?! I agree lol.

1 minute ago, Tanichka said:

Joy has had really good work done.  I wish others would follow her lead of less is more (I'm talking to you, Meg Ryan).

Yeah. She didn't go overboard with it, thank goodness.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

I agree. So far the Dems' only message right now is, "we're not like the Republicans. They go low, we go high." They need something else because that's not going to be enough in 2018 and 2020. 

I liked that they brought it up, too but hopefully the Senate down-votes it. Republicans hold the majority though so I'm not so sure they will.

The base is pretty pissed off with the Dems about Franken. They are being dragged on social media. It is not pretty. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, NeverLate said:

She simply asked if she thought Frankens accuser was lying, to which joy said , don't put words in my mouth, but something is suspicious! So Meghan just asked her a question, as they all do to one another...I would have asked. I do believe it's very wrong to have some step down, and others don't. Something needs to be put in place, I believe thats what Whoopi was saying..

MM wanted wanted Joy to say the woman are lying. She wanted to hang Joy out there so people (Fox News) would rip joy apart. 

I do think Franken should have stepped down. That doesn't mean we can't have questions.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, imjagain said:

MM wanted wanted Joy to say the woman are lying. She wanted to hang Joy out there so people (Fox News) would rip joy apart. 

I do think Franken should have stepped down. That doesn't mean we can't have questions.

Okay, Joy said it was suspicious, and MM was supposed to say nothing, no view, no questions. Got it.

• Love 1

The exact exchange was:

Joy: May I just say that Al Franken is the only one who spoke out against Jeff Sessions, and then all of a sudden these allegations came up, right after that. So I'm a little bit suspicious of what's going on right now.

Meghan: (talking over Joy) So do you think Leeann Tweeden, who came on, wasn't really being candid?

Joy: (talking over Meghan) I am not accusing her. Don't put words in my mouth. I am not accusing Leeann of anything. All I'm saying is, it's interesting. That's all.

Perhaps a more open-ended question, if Meghan wanted to follow this line of questioning, would have been, "So what do you think happened behind the scenes?" rather than going for one yes-or-no question that was phrased like a GOTCHA moment.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 14
On 12/6/2017 at 11:46 AM, Tanichka said:

I'm not sure about John Oliver ambushing Hoffman, they were there to talk about the anniversary of a movie.

A movie whose very premise is the President creating a war to cover up a sex scandal.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

The exact exchange was:

Joy: May I just say that Al Franken is the only one who spoke out against Jeff Sessions, and then all of a sudden these allegations came up, right after that. So I'm a little bit suspicious of what's going on right now.

Meghan: (talking over Joy) So do you think Leeann Tweeden, who came on, wasn't really being candid?

Joy: (talking over Meghan) I am not accusing her. Don't put words in my mouth. I am not accusing Leeann of anything. All I'm saying is, it's interesting. That's all.

Tom Arnold, who is a friend of Leeann Tweeden's, has been tweeting about it a lot lately.  "I’m disappointed with my friend Leeann Tweedon. Her partner at KABC John Phillips is a Roger Stone pal & they coached her for weeks to bring Al Franken down."

"I’m #MeToo & don’t doubt any other woman but the Leeann Tweeden-John Phillips-Roger Stone lies & set up of Al Franken were part of a larger smear campaign against Al initiated at the same time Leeann came out at KABC. I have proof. Leeann knows it. It’s a disservice to victims."

"Just got off the phone with my old friend @LeeannTweeden & here’s what i now know. She didn’t know Roger Stone was involved until after he tweeted about Franken’s “time in the Barrel” Hannity saw the pic in 2007 & begged her to show it but she wasn’t comfortable."

"with pal Hannity’s support of Roy Moore which is why she hasn’t done show.She was shocked when i read Roger Stone dirty tricks Franken smear emails.Surprised that folks at KABC shared her Franken story before she did.Never wanted Al fired.Relieved others came forward."

• Love 16