Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/27/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, backformore said:

Just talk about what you think, how you feel, irrespective of political party.  If she can't do that, she'll never fit on this show. 

Time and time again she has proven that she has a hard time separating the “R” beside her name from her overall identity.

• Love 9

With the Breaking News I have been singing  - it's a beautiful day in America.......although I totally agree it is very scary. But we can't sweep it under the carpet which MM seems to me to wants to do. This must happen and be investigated for our democracy and upcoming elections. It truly is something all Americans should be concerned about regardless of party. And especially Meghan's personal people.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I wonder if Meghan understands that she contributes to the divisiveness when she said this was a good day for the Dems and liberals?  She preaches about divisiveness and the country uniting yet utters words and statements that contradict that.  The way she pouts and snarls as others speak shows she's a silver spoon brat.

Joy vs Meghan is interesting since they needle each other, yet sunny is more in your face at putting Meghan in her place.  Sunny is an example of someone with both liberal and conservative views..making her multi faceted...same with Sara Haines.

I agree with Sara h it is both a sad and happy day for various reasons.

Sunny is a lawyer, they are always in your face, or in her case, checking bio hazard material..lol 

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Sigh. I wish Ana Navarro was the full time analyst instead of Meghan.

Hmm, she's another CNN talking head  really? 

Edited by NeverLate
correction
25 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Hmm, she's another CNN reporter, really? 

I think facts are important. She is not a CNN reporter. She is a political commentator and Republican strategist. A “CNN News Anchor” would be Brooke Baldwin, Wolf Blitzer, Jake Tapper, etc. There is a difference between a political commentator and actual CNN news anchor.

• Love 19
29 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I think facts are important. She is not a CNN reporter. She is a political commentator and Republican strategist. A “CNN News Anchor” would be Brooke Baldwin, Wolf Blitzer, Jake Tapper, etc. There is a difference between a political commentator and actual CNN news anchor.

Hmm, I dont see her as being much different than say Sara, jmho Joy just spouts the party line, CNN lite. 

38 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Yes, and?

I think we have enough CNN on this show, that's my opinion..

3 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Hmm, I dont see her as being much different than say Sara, jmho Joy just spouts the party line, CNN lite. 

Sara became an ABC Newscorrespondent as well as the pop news anchor for the weekend editions of Good Morning America, whereas Ana was a Republican startegist and political commentator or CNN. Ana was never a “news anchor” for any major news source. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I wonder if Meghan understands that she contributes to the divisiveness when she said this was a good day for the Dems and liberals?  She preaches about divisiveness and the country uniting yet utters words and statements that contradict that.  The way she pouts and snarls as others speak shows she's a silver spoon brat.

I was thinking in the same vein. Meghan is NOT about finding common ground at all, as she claimed in a pathetic, poor-me pat-on-the-back yesterday (reminiscent of Elisabeth Hasselbeck's pathetic whinings). If she were truly trying to find common ground, she wouldn't have spewed Conservative lies about Senator Warren's ancestry, and cut to the real point that "Pocahontas" IS an ethnic slur, regardless of politics. But she didn't. Elsa is full of it...and herself. She wants the "common ground" on her own terms, and will throw a hissy fit (i.e., self-righteous, sanctimonious grandstanding) if she doesn't get it.

Edited by bluemosaic
  • Love 14
35 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Sara became an ABC Newscorrespondent as well as the pop news anchor for the weekend editions of Good Morning America, whereas Ana was a Republican startegist and political commentator or CNN. Ana was never a “news anchor” for any major news source. 

I loved her on GMA.  She and Dan Harris had the best relationship, I think I took it the hardest when they had to divorce lol.  Was so glad when she came on here

• Love 6
5 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Meghan was laughing at Joy’s jokes. Maybe the problem is Whoopi? Lol. Just kidding I don’t know but it’s nice to see her more relaxed and smiling.

No. You are right. The problem IS Whoopi.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, NeverLate said:

Joy just spouts the party line, CNN lite. 

I'm sure that Joy held the same opinions she has now long before CNN even existed. She follows no "party line." In fact, she disagreed with Michelle Obama's "When they go low, we go high" mantra when she was on Andy Cohen's show.

I can't think of a single connection between Joy and CNN, nor with Whoopi, nor with Sarah. True, Sunny worked there at one time as a legal analyst, but then jumped to ABC.

If you want to look at the past work history of the hosts, ABC and Good Morning America funneled Sara, Meghan, and Sunny to The View. If you're going to judge by liberal news outlets, believe it or not, Meghan holds the lead, having worked for The Daily Beast, Saturday Night Live, MSNBC, and Newsweek.

On a shallow note, Meghan's stylist was on top of things today. Meghan looked lovely and comfortable.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, bluemosaic said:

I was thinking in the same vein. Meghan is NOT about finding common ground at all, as she claimed in a pathetic, poor-me pat-on-the-back yesterday (reminiscent of Elisabeth Hasselbeck's pathetic whinings). If she were truly trying to find common ground, she wouldn't have spewed Conservative lies about Senator Warren's ancestry, and cut to the real point that "Pocahontas" IS an ethnic slur, regardless of politics. But she didn't. Elsa is full of it...and herself. She wants the "common ground" on her own terms, and will throw a hissy fit (i.e., self-righteous, sanctimonious grandstanding) if she doesn't get it.

Yes, and her counter argument was that "Many Republicans" called Warren that, not just 45. Just because "many" do, doesn't mean that it's NOT a racial slur.

10 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I'm sure that Joy held the same opinions she has now long before CNN even existed. She follows no "party line." In fact, she disagreed with Michelle Obama's "When they go low, we go high" mantra when she was on Andy Cohen's show.

I can't think of a single connection between Joy and CNN, nor with Whoopi, nor with Sarah. True, Sunny worked there at one time as a legal analyst, but then jumped to ABC.

If you want to look at the past work history of the hosts, ABC and Good Morning America funneled Sara, Meghan, and Sunny to The View. If you're going to judge by liberal news outlets, believe it or not, Meghan holds the lead, having worked for The Daily Beast, Saturday Night Live, MSNBC, and Newsweek.

On a shallow note, Meghan's stylist was on top of things today. Meghan looked lovely and comfortable.

The only connection between CNN and Joy is that sometimes, she would sit in for Larry King as host on his show.

Meghan "spouts."

Joy states her opinions, based on facts.

• Love 17

This is why we need Friday's shows to be live. Lots of breaking news and real reactions, not filtered through the spin. Nobody was given their talking points. Along with breaking news about the Flynn plea, Sara gets a real time text from Max that he agrees with Sunny re: socializing with ex's.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

What did they bleep from Sarah (of all people)? She was saying this Flynn development wasn't a gleeful moment, it was a serious moment, and it looks like she got bleeped for "It's _____________ serious."

I tried to read her lips and it looks like she said, "This shit stinks."

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The only connection between CNN and Joy is that sometimes, she would sit in for Larry King as host on his show.

Joy had a talk show on HLN.  Isn't that part of CNN?  But Joy has always been a Democrat, so where would she work?  At Fox?

2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:
3 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Joy just spouts the party line, CNN lite. 

I'm sure that Joy held the same opinions she has now long before CNN even existed. She follows no "party line."

See above.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

What did they bleep from Sarah (of all people)? She was saying this Flynn development wasn't a gleeful moment, it was a serious moment, and it looks like she got bleeped for "It's _____________ serious."

49 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I tried to read her lips and it looks like she said, "This shit stinks."

Yup. She said this shit stinks.

I ???when Meghan was telling Joy that she “didn’t grow up in the sixties” when Joy mentioned Nixon, I think it was. I’m glad Joy was able to correct her and tell her that Nixon’s resignation took place in the ‘70s. I would suggest that she watch the shows The Sixties and The Seventies so that she could get a wake up call about how divided and polarized the U.S. was. She talks and acts as if this is the first time there has been such division and polarization. But she probably wouldn’t because CNN Films made it.

And I’m with Joy-I am happy about Flynn. Because it’s the first real crack, if you will. I’m not gleeful. The U.S. is not perfect. This is how investigations work.

I won’t lie-I had a big ass grin on my face at Joy’s happiness and how she threw the blue card up in the air!

I’ll have to watch this on demand tomorrow to watch the first segment, as we were also preempted.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 16

I wonder if Sara will have hell to pay when Whoopie gets back.  When Joy said she remembers the 70s and, I think Ana said, "do you remember them?"  After Joy said, "I never did drugs", Sara said, "This isn't Whoopie" to Ana.  Uh oh.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I ???when Meghan was telling Joy that she “didn’t grow up in the sixties” when Joy mentioned Nixon, I think it was. I’m glad Joy was able to correct her and tell her that Nixon’s resignation took place in the ‘70s. I would suggest that she watch the shows The Sixties and The Seventies so that she could get a wake up call about how divided and polarized the U.S. was. She talks and acts as if this is the first time there has been such division and polarization. But she probably wouldn’t because CNN Films made it.

This is a great point. I was young child when Nixon resigned, but I've read enough and seen enough historical documentation to know he had a lot of supporters at the time of his resignation. That's one of my problems with Meghan. I can't stand when someone prefaces their arguments with, "I wasn't born yet".  She was born in the middle of the Reagan administration, which she probably considers one of the greatest periods of American history. If she looked a little closer, she might see that it wasn't all good for "her people" as she calls them.

• Love 19

I haven't read all the replies because I've just started watching and the bitch has me fuming already. Meghan drags out the "my generation" like she is twelve when it suits her, and her"I've been with daddy on the campaign trail forever" when it suits. She is such a baby of fox it is nauseating. Let me interrupt this fascinating guest to let you know we've been bffs like, forever! Bitch, just because you think it is you against all the liberal (sane) people, on a panel of five, it doesn't mean you take up 50 percent of the conversation. Listen for once, you self righteous right wing moron. Your Dad is worthy of listening to, you are not. You rode in on his coattails, and you are not worthy of our attention.

• Love 23

I may have been yelling at the TV when Jedediah was on, but I respected her. I agreed with her many times. She was smart and likable (other than the laugh). She challenged me a bit with her views. It goes to show, it could get worse.

Meghan, "when has the UK been interesting?" Princess Diana. "Oh, that wasn't MY generation." Then suddenly she will be an expert and will school people on history on the next episode.

I want to see more of the guests on the shows, and everyone getting a chance to ask questions.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m glad Joy was able to correct her and tell her that Nixon’s resignation took place in the ‘70s.

Meghan argues yet can’t even get her political  years right lol! She claims she’s a “political analyst” but babygirl has to be corrected about Nixon... his resignation happened in the 70s not the 60s as Joy said LOL. 

Just now, lexytheblasian said:

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 8

I remember Nixon's resignation because I had just gotten into the car, turned on the radio, the station announced his resignation and immediately played Elton John's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.".  The whole nation pretty much felt the same way Joy did today,

Poor Meg.  If she continues to make this an exclusive Dem/Repub issue, she's going to have a hard row to hoe.

• Love 8

LOL - Princess Diana may not be her generation.....but the boys are! Man, then she says something like I am an American but left out the part where she thinks she is the American R princess because of her daddy.

• Love 5

I'll bet MM is a "real bear" when she gets home ... her poor husband!!

2 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Ana is amazing. I think her filling in for Sara would be ideal.

I don't think that's going to happen.  She's committed to CNN & has a "sweet love" in Miami.  Go Ana!!!

• Love 3

Ana referring to Roy Moore:  The GOP used to stand for the 'Grand Old Party'  ...now it stands for 'Gross Old Pedophile.'  Gawd I love this woman!  Her 'one-liners' leaves Joy in the dust!

Edited to add I'm a long standing fan of Joy! 

Edited by Catnip
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Catnip said:

Ana referring to Roy Moore:  The GOP used to stand for the 'Grand Old Party'  ...now it stands for 'Gross Old Pedophile.'  Gawd I love this woman!  Her 'one-liners' leaves Joy in the dust! 

I mentioned this phrase earlier... Love this woman, she is hilarious!

• Love 9

I love Ana....just like Wallace and Schmidt and other GOP-ers like the the Bushes that do not support Trump. Unlike MM. Even if she didn't vote for Trump and tries to educate us and speak for her peeps in Alabama and red states. UGH! BTW - none of those mentioned have changed parties which is still ok with me.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3