Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/27/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday:
Day of Hot Topics; "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices.

Tuesday:
Kelly Clarkson ("Meaning of Life"; author, "River Rose and the Magical Christmas")

Wednesday:
Day of Hot Topics

Thursday:
Diana Ross ("Greatest Hits Album: Diamond Diana The Legacy Collection"; Fragrance Line "Diamond Diana")

Friday:
The Political View with Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-NY)

• Love 2

It's  Cyber-Monday ...so I think you can get your FF finger ready.

I believe we  all may get temporary arthritis in said finger for the next few weeks.

Sponsors pay for the show so there's no way around it. 

Plus Whoops had to get her family gifts somehow.  As she frequently reminds us,  damn taxes take too much if her hard-earned money.  ;)

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Meatball said:

She acknowledged he is narcissistic. 

She sure did! She looked happy today. They all got along, but then Whoopi said something to Joy..Franken maybe? He's always given me the creeps, and he's never been funny...4 women came forward, Whoopi explains how you accidentally grope someone's butt! Please! 

Joy was on pain meds I think, after her epidural over Thanksgiving. Mostly it was ho hum, with Whoopi wearing one of her own awful looking sweaters...ugh! 

• Love 5

I found today's episode! On another channel, at a later time.

Meghan looked happy! I enjoyed the conversations, my only caveat being they talked over each other even more than usual! Sunny - stop butting in! I did laugh though when Whoopi bellowed - 'they don't call you!' regarding the TIME cover - LOL!

• Love 5

I knew that sounded wrong when Whoopi yelled it

Time did, contrary to Goldberg’s claim, commission a photo shoot in 2016— when they named Trump Person of the Year. They also interviewed him for the issue. Further, no one has ever been named Person of the Year posthumously — although Steve Jobs was under consideration after his death in 2011.

From this article at Mediaite

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 3

I think it’s just because chemistry-or lack thereof-of the current panel. Jedi had more “connections” to the panel than MM seems to ever want to have. This is strictly a job to her which is throwing everything off. 

They were like the opposites...MM only seems to get along with Whoopi while Jedi got along with everyone BUT Whoopi.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, geekburger said:

This is strictly a job to her which is throwing everything off. 

Definitely a superficial vibe. Like I doubt they'd all be caught dead in the same room had MM not taken this job -- with the exception of maybe Whoopi, meaning Whoopi and MM obviously knew each other long before the show.

9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There's a difference. Whoopi is misinformed, but doesn't try to mislead people. The other? just the opposite.

And -- usually, not always -- Whoopi will give the correct fact later on in the week.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, mrbean5411 said:

Whoopi is famous for spewing misinformation while acting like she knows everything. It’s quite ironic when she accuses Trump of doing exactly what she’s doing.

Like when she was talking about Senator Ray Moore?  Lol

• Love 3

Megan’s wedding looked beautiful.  

I enjoyed their tame conversation today.   Found it interesting how everyone listened to each other points. 

Maybe I am just easy to please today I even liked Whoops sweater   

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There's a difference. Whoopi is misinformed, but doesn't try to mislead people. The other? just the opposite.

So you’re basically saying that Whoopi is just stupid. Okay.

4 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Interesting, let's hope someone corrects her! 

Don’t count on it. I’d be shocked if they call her out on her mistakes. Especially when she was so adamant about it. It would be too embarrassing for her. So no way.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Whoopi is nothing more than a subpar moderator on a daytime "Women's" talk show!  When she misspeaks (and she does), I would hardly call it "International incident!"  

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I don't think Whoopi is stupid. Perhaps not fully informed - but who is? The show is called "The View" for a reason. And true......someone's view on the show does not affect my life either.

Nothing these women say affects my life. That goes for MM, who I don't mind actually, especially today! :)

11 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

So you’re basically saying that Whoopi is just stupid. Okay.

No, that’s not what I’m saying. If I think Whoopi is stupid (which I don’t), then I would say that. Being misinformed or mistaken is not the same as being ignorant.

Again I find myself confused. I found myself agreeing with Whoopi, and didn’t see her as being overly obnoxious as she tends to get. She tripped over Moore’s name and called him Senator? Big Whup. She corrected herself or was corrected and thanked “Rick” for correcting her.

Meghan just doesn’t have that...glow of one who is happy that she’s married. The vibe was one of a ticking off a check list. 

What Franken did was wrong; but what Moore has done is much, much worse. There is no comparison between the two. I’ll have to post the rest of my thoughts later as I’m at the dentist now.

• Love 12

What Franken did was wrong; but what Moore has done is much, much worse. 

Absolutely! Sara has said this a few tines, there are, as she said ,degrees of wrong. Wrong is still wrong, and Franken doesn't get a pass from me .None of the accused do. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Absolutely! Sara has said this a few tines, there are, as she said ,degrees of wrong. Wrong is still wrong, and Franken doesn't get a pass from me .None of the accused do. 

But a lot of the same people who are saying Franken should resign are saying Moore shouldn't step out of the race.  Unfortunately sexual misconduct has become a partisan problem. I am a die hard liberal but I think Nancy Pelosi was wrong for seemingly disregarding what Conyers is accused of because of "his record".  Do I think he should resign?  I don't know.  But at the very least  he should be sanctioned.  He paid someone to make a "problem" go away.  With taxpayer money.    Meghan was exactly right when she said people want to believe the people they like.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

But a lot of the same people who are saying Franken should resign are saying Moore shouldn't step out of the race.  Unfortunately sexual misconduct has become a partisan problem. I am a die hard liberal but I think Nancy Pelosi was wrong for seemingly disregarding what Conyers is accused of because of "his record".  Do I think he should resign?  I don't know.  But at the very least  he should be sanctioned.  He paid someone to make a "problem" go away.  With taxpayer money.    Meghan was exactly right when she said people want to believe the people they like.

Yes, Meghan was correct. It's very difficult when you like the person. I felt that way when Dustin Hoffman was accused, very dissapointing. Moore should step out of the race IMO.For the people who like Franken, it's up to them what they think should happen, same for Conyers. I'm not cherry picking. 

• Love 3

LOL, I love Meghan saying Trump won, just because Hillary won the popular vote Joy, move on Joy. Love it! LOL I agree with Joy/Meghan all the presidents have something wrong. Meg was also right about racism in Britain, Sunny loves to keep bringing race into everything...prissy Missy! Listen and learn about other countries Sunny! 

I don't think Meghan is a bitch, not at all..today's HT was spirited, not insipid.

Okay, MM is back to the BS. She said a lot of Republicans call Sen. Warren "Pocahontas."

I don't know if they do or don't...

Edited by NeverLate
13 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I don't think Meghan is a bitch, not at all..today's HT was spirited, not insipid.

I couldn't disagree more lol but hey, that's just me. Meghan is a grown woman and should be able to convey her message without huffing and puffing and having an attitude with Joy. Also, why didn't MM apologize for her comments towards Sen. Warren after Whoopi fact-checked her? Incredibly immature.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I couldn't disagree more lol but hey, that's just me. Meghan is a grown woman and should be able to convey her message without huffing and puffing and having an attitude with Joy.

I've seen them *all* huff and puff, so as above, it doesn't change my opinions or way of life..its a fluffy talk show for me..better with Meghan on it, for me..

Wow, Meghan was an insufferable bitch with her, "Oh, so you know how it feels?" and "Does it make you feel better?" remarks aimed at Joy.  Insulting a fellow panel member isn't how you have a civil discussion.  Dial it back, Elsa.

Not giving Franken a pass by any means, but what woman hasn't had her butt touched inappropriately?

• Love 21

I do love Kelly Clarkson, not enough time with her. I don't care about the pregnant mums free stuff, but Sara looks great! 

Just now, Haleth said:

Wow, Meghan was an insufferable bitch with her, "Oh, so you know how it feels?" and "Does it make you feel better?" remarks aimed at Joy.  Insulting a fellow panel member isn't how you have a civil discussion.  Dial it back, Elsa.

Not giving Franken a pass by any means, but what woman hasn't had her butt touched inappropriately?

Me. I've had work and family photos taken, nobody groped or touched my butt! 

• Love 1

So, Sara's baby shower meant she got to do a ten minute commercial?  Between her birthday and her shower, I wonder who she pissed off.  I laughed when Kelly Clarkson said, "I'm sorry" to Sara when they were talking about Sara being pregnant.

• Love 4

I wish Joy had pointed out that Meghan doesn’t “know how it feels” either. She didn’t run for president. Just another case of her claiming her father’s fame and life experiences as her own.

I agree with Sunny that the vast popular vote loss is comforting because it means the majority of this country refused to accept the racism, misogyny, etc. that Trump embodies. But I can understand how that would stump an upper class white woman like Meghan.

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

So, Sara's baby shower meant she got to do a ten minute commercial?  Between her birthday and her shower, I wonder who she pissed off.  I laughed when Kelly Clarkson said, "I'm sorry" to Sara when they were talking about Sara being pregnant.

Bless Sara, she goes along with whatever the show throws at her, Whoopi looked bored .Nothing for her to mooch..

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I give Franken a pass.  :) 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wish Joy had pointed out that Meghan doesn’t “know how it feels” either. She didn’t run for president. Just another case of her claiming her father’s fame and life experiences as her own.

I agree with Sunny that the vast popular vote loss is comforting because it means the majority of this country refused to accept the racism, misogyny, etc. that Trump embodies. But I can understand how that would stump an upper class white woman like Meghan.

Meghan pointed out that she was there, right there when her father lost. She has a little more insight into election nights, than black veils and drowning ones sorrows. At least that's what I got from it...