Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/27/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

...even though we met once at some event (I can't quite recall)...we just hit it off!

If she has some political (ha) affiliation that we need to know, because she's running for office, fine. Rolls Eyes. She's a political analyst, don't you know.   But don't interrupt someone to say what background you have. You're not Whoopi, and we barely tolerate it with her. Meghan's done this several times, along with both sneering at people who are older than her while schooling them on THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN THEIR LIFETIME.  I'm sorry for the all caps.

• Love 16

MM was reaching for *something* when she kept repeating the "I will let you have this happy moment" line (although I did chuckle at her comparing the audience cheers to Oprah giving away cars -- she's funny when she relaxes). Good for Joy for clarifying that she hopes and expects a resignation, not an indictment or impeachment.

She is correct in saying that this won't matter to Trump suppprters/the base. Nothing will! But that doesn't negate any current investigations.

I like having Sunny on the panel to explain things like there is a legal definition for conspiracy but not for collusion.

Did anyone notice Meghan saying "I wasn't alive during Nixon and you were -- that's not a knock"? I didn't hear it as a dig at Joy's age and I don't think Joy would have, either, but I still thought Meghan making that clear was important. My boyfriend is seven years younger than me and I pay attention to that kind of stuff! (He does not know anything about the O.J. trial)

Shallow note: I loved Ana's hair and Sunny in red.

• Love 8
On 11/29/2017 at 11:45 PM, lexytheblasian said:

Silver spoon, silver spoon... what’s that saying about being born with silver spoons and mouths again?...

Perhaps Meghan, also, was born with a silver foot in her mouth (one of the political burns ever, thanks Ann Richards).

• Love 10
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I love Ana....just like Wallace and Schmidt and other GOP-ers like the the Bushes that do not support Trump. Unlike MM. Even if she didn't vote for Trump and tries to educate us and speak for her peeps in Alabama and red states. UGH! BTW - none of those mentioned have changed parties which is still ok with me.

So I would like to know when MM was ever in Alabama--when not on the campaign bus with her dad--if even then.  Or in other red states, except AZ.  I doubt her veracity. 

MM just doesn't have any intelligent, meaningful  argument logic about  the Russian intervention other than it will tear our country apart?   Because  ?????  Who in this country doesn't mind Russia meddling in our politics of either side?  I don't get it.

Her smug excuse about being too young to know about historical issues on BIll Maher, and her phrase, "my generation", only shows willful ignorance. And she's not that young.  

Girl needs to  take some history courses asap.  Civil War,  WW1 and 2  re the push for isolationism, Japanese internment camps, 60's and 70's (as mentioned above), and actually talk to lower and middle class people---from any state!!!.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Did anyone notice Meghan saying "I wasn't alive during Nixon and you were -- that's not a knock"? I didn't hear it as a dig at Joy's age and I don't think Joy would have, either, but I still thought Meghan making that clear was important. My boyfriend is seven years younger than me and I pay attention to that kind of stuff! (He does not know anything about the O.J. trial)

Maybe not a knock, but another example of her ignorance and even if she wasn’t alive, she should have learned or known about it. Like Paul Begala awesomely said to her smug ass: he wasn’t born during The French Revolution, but he knew of it. Unless she just zoned out during history classes? Or just thinks historical events while she was alive are the only important events worth talking about?

13 minutes ago, Tosia said:

So I would like to know when MM was ever in Alabama--when not on the campaign bus with her dad--if even then.  Or in other red states, except AZ.  I doubt her veracity. 

MM just doesn't have any intelligent, meaningful  argument logic about  the Russian intervention other than it will tear our country apart?   Because  ?????  Who in this country doesn't mind Russia meddling in our politics of either side?  I don't get it.

Her smug excuse about being too young to know about historical issues on BIll Maher, and her phrase, "my generation", only shows willful ignorance. And she's not that young.  

Girl needs to  take some history courses asap.  Civil War,  WW1 and 2  re the push for isolationism, Japanese internment camps, 60's and 70's (as mentioned above),

And this. Especially the bolded.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, thejuicer said:

Meghan should not start with the "I wasn't alive for that yet" unless she wants a repeat of this:

Meghan please don't try Joy the way you did Paul Begala

Thank for the link.  Perfect.  

I don't see MM lasting much longer.  

If Ana would fill in for Sara (don't think this will happen), it would not be good.  She will not want to step on MM's toes.  We saw a little of that when she was on.  She would need to be the lone opposing view.  Covering for Sara would be a long stint and she doesn't want to be on this show more for more than a guest spot.  I believe her when she says she will not do it. 

What keeps ringing in my ear is, "a lot of people call her (Warren) Pocahontas."  So that made it okay.  Defending Trump on this has to be her lowest moment.  Has to be. Never mind her not having the correct facts about Warren.   All her moments are low so it is hard to pick just one.  Oh to be a fly on the wall during her parents pillow talk.   They cannot be happy with her performance.  If she quits, it will be at their request.  

• Love 11

So MM will quit to "spend more time with her family"--the ubiquitous excuse when someone is fired or caught doing something illegal and/or immoral?  

Or inept, in her case. 

I would spend more time with my dad if he was severely ill and I didn't have to work.  

• Love 5

That was the best episode in many moons, hey gals, is it worth my time to find the first ten minutes that I missed due to "breaking news"? Inquiring minds who remember the 60's need to know. Oh, and by the way, MM is a total bitch. Thank you.?

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

That was the best episode in many moons, hey gals, is it worth my time to find the first ten minutes that I missed due to "breaking news"? Inquiring minds who remember the 60's need to know. Oh, and by the way, MM is a total bitch. Thank you.?

I saw the entire thing; the show was not interrupted in MST.  The best part was after Joy got the news.  I can't even remember the beginning!  

• Love 7

Like I posted up thread, Meghan seems to think that this country has been divided for the past year or so and that the news that they got about Flynn isn’t good news for the country. That it will make it more divided and polarized. Yes, the country is divided, but it was worse back in the ‘60s before the Civil Rights Act passed-when Blacks weren’t allowed to vote; interracial marriages were illegal. Then during Nixon’s presidency, the country learned of his crimes. And when he learned he would be impeached, he resigned. The Vietnam war also divided this country. And the only opinion she has on this when Joy tried to bring it up to explain why this is good news, and why Sunny also said this was a victory for the country, is that she wasn’t alive during those years, so only the current climate is proof, according to her own words, that this isn’t good news because it will “tear the country apart?” It’s as if she is content to live in her own bubble and wants others to agree with her. This news wasn’t an election victory. 

And her comments about “my money is on Moore to win” sounds as if she wants him to win. That’s what the phrase “my money is on...” means. Not that I think she supports him, but that phrase and how she is using it makes it appear that way. If she thinks he will win, then she should just say that. 

She went to school; to college. And yet whenever history is brought up, she has the same answer: “I wasn’t alive then.” 

• Love 9

Wonder if Whoopi watches when she's not the moderator? I know it's hard to recognize your own faults but it seems that she would see there's a whole different vibe to the show. Joy doesn't grimace trying to read the teleprompter and things move along much more smoothly in general. 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And her comments about “my money is on Moore to win” sounds as if she wants him to win. That’s what the phrase “my money is on...” means. Not that I think she supports him, but that phrase and how she is using it makes it appear that way. If she thinks he will win, then she should just say that. 

Evrything is about being "right" with her even if she's on the wrong side of history. The way she brags about how she knew POS was going to win and then gave Whoopi "credit" for knowing he would win too. Like that somehow makes her more intelligent than Joy and the others. 

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Wonder if Whoopi watches when she's not the moderator? I know it's hard to recognize your own faults but it seems that she would see there's a whole different vibe to the show. Joy doesn't grimace trying to read the teleprompter and things move along much more smoothly in general. 

Probably not. Or maybe. 

To be fair, Whoopi grimaces/squints because she’s dyslexic.

That said, Joy is a far superior moderator.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

To be fair, Whoopi grimaces/squints because she’s dyslexic.

I think it's more than that.  She probably needs a new prescription and glasses worn properly.  I have a couple of dyxlexic friends (friends of my kids), now middle-aged men.  I don't see them squinting when looking at print.

1 hour ago, Meatball said:

Like that somehow makes her more intelligent than Joy and the others. 

And SO MUCH more appealing!

4 hours ago, wings707 said:

What keeps ringing in my ear is, "a lot of people call her (Warren) Pocahontas." 

He's like one of those kids who's trying to start a trend or a fad and has to tell a few white lies to get there.  It rarely works.

• Love 11

Wow, Meghan is just so...unlikable!  It seems as though someone has talked to her or coached her to not be such a defensive bitch.  But she cannot resist.  Joy is the moderator and throws to Ana; Meghan interrupts to tell everyone how close they are.  Implicit threat to Ana to not disagree with her?  Maybe.  Meghan sees the Flynn news as good for democrats and Joy, but then repeatedly says all of this is bad for the country and I wish this would not happen, it is going to divide the country.  So what is the alternative, Meghan, don't seek the truth? Don't uphold the law?  Pretend the emperor is wearing clothes?  I wish they would ask her what she would like to see happen to make the country less divided.

Meghan tells us that she wasn't born during the Nixon resignation.  I guess she forgot how she was eaten alive with that snotty approach by Paul Begala on Bill Maher's show.  And then she gets the time frame wrong.  She's a great student of the history of her own country.  Of course she was very influenced by Tip O'Neill and Reagan when she was five years old.

And why is she so worried about things like this appealing to Trump's base.  Isn't it evident that they will follow Trump no matter what?

• Love 20

Sunny and Joy were spot on; Flynn's indictment is not a win for  for Democrats, its a win for Americans. If he lied about his involvement with Russians during the election, it is only right that he is procecuted. Flynn is a lying, conspiracy spreading dirtbag and the fact that he admits to lying is icing on the cake. LOCK HIM UP!

Elsa was really all over the place when she brought up Nixon. First she concern trolls about it being a bad time for the Country. Then she points out she wasn't alive. Then she talks about what she saw during that time of the resignation. I can't help but wonder if she were alive and of age during that time if she would doing the same thing in making excuses, blasting opposing opinions and saying how Nixon's base needs to be understood like she's doing for trump. I think she would. 

Also interesting is her dire warning that if trump is impeached, his base will riot. Much like how we don't arrest drug dealers because it will make their customers unhappy.

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, Stacee said:

Also interesting is her dire warning that if trump is impeached, his base will riot.

That’s her subtle way of defending her party and Trump’s base to death, once again. Just my take on her comment. Like she said, Trump’s base are looking at this as if the big, bad Liberal media and anti-Trumper’s want to take him down. Even if ALL of that were true, which it isn’t, how does that negate Trump from any possible wrong-doing in this whole thing? Okay, if they riot, so what? I thought Trump’s base were all about justice and following the law?

40 minutes ago, bannana said:

And why is she so worried about things like this appealing to Trump's base.  Isn't it evident that they will follow Trump no matter what?

I’m willing to bet a great deal of her family, friends and former colleagues are Trump supporters and watch her on this show, waiting for her to slip up or something. They’d have a lot to say about her on Fox if she suddenly became a anti-Trumper. Keep in mind, she and her father have frequently been called “RINOs.”

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She went to school; to college. And yet whenever history is brought up, she has the same answer: “I wasn’t alive then.” 

For someone who acts like she knows all things politics, she sure does get a lot of things wrong.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

As I recall, oh so many years ago, when Nixon resigned there was a collective sigh of relief.  Everyone was glad it was over.  Why does Meghan think there will be rioting?

Yes, and this was after he was reelected with a large margin of support.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She was probably too busy partying...............

• Love 9
21 hours ago, wings707 said:

I saw the entire thing; the show was not interrupted in MST.  The best part was after Joy got the news.  I can't even remember the beginning!  

It pays to be in MST hee!  Or not depending on how you look at it hah.  They just did the intro, the Joy asked Ana something, I dont even remember what, and Ana had gotten only a couple words out, when MM interrupted Ana with her 'can I just say were old friends, we were on the road together' blah blah blah blah blah!  Totally threw off the tempo and Ana forgot her train of thought.  It was so rude!

• Love 12
22 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

One of my favorite Season 10 memories (the show was heaven for me that year!) was Rosie panicking during a heated debate and telling everyone, "STOP. We are all talking over each other and Barbara is watching at home and she doesn't like that."

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

It pays to be in MST hee!  Or not depending on how you look at it hah.  They just did the intro, the Joy asked Ana something, I dont even remember what, and Ana had gotten only a couple words out, when MM interrupted Ana with her 'can I just say were old friends, we were on the road together' blah blah blah blah blah!  Totally threw off the tempo and Ana forgot her train of thought.  It was so rude!

I remember that now!  MM just had to let it be known that she and Ana were "friends."  I think Ana saw her as the daughter of the man she was supporting. 

I have lived in EST since my birth and only have been in MT for 2 years.  One good thing is that the prime time shows start at 7pm for me and a couple a 6pm.  But I have to wait to post about a show until it is finished for me unless I want to read the thread and be spoiled.  I am an east coast person trying to adjust to the southwest.  So far it isn't going all that well.  LOL  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

I am an east coast person trying to adjust to the southwest.  So far it isn't going all that well.

I was born in Phoenix in  1940 and still live here (Tempe), but because I FINALLY got to New York City, I definitly understand your slow adjustment.  I was MEANT to be a big city girl...just didn't know it.

• Love 2
On 12/3/2017 at 2:04 PM, wings707 said:

I remember that now!  MM just had to let it be known that she and Ana were "friends."  I think Ana saw her as the daughter of the man she was supporting. 

I have lived in EST since my birth and only have been in MT for 2 years.  One good thing is that the prime time shows start at 7pm for me and a couple a 6pm.  But I have to wait to post about a show until it is finished for me unless I want to read the thread and be spoiled.  I am an east coast person trying to adjust to the southwest.  So far it isn't going all that well.  LOL  

I couldnt hv said it better myself.  My exact situation! 

• Love 2