Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/27/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

And that's why I think Tomi would be able to do better than Meghan, because she knows her audience. On the Blaze, she was loud and annoying, but with Trevor and the View she was a lot more subdued and was able to speak and share her views, while allowing others to put her in her place without feeling offended. I'm not saying she would be great on the View, but she'd be better than Meghan. I think Ana did the best in terms of being a Republican.

For some reason TPTB at ABC seem to think a sane Republican is boring.  They keep hiring loud obnoxious ones that do nothing but make them look like a bunch of shrews.  Nicolle who presented the Republican POV without a big heaping of whataboutism was of course shown the door.  I think we can conclude the suits don't give a shit about presenting a balanced discussion but rather want to see sparks.  The media which the View is absolutely a part of has done this country a huge disservice by continuing to exasperate this red versus blue mentality.  Not sure we can ever come back from this mean divisive partisanship that has taken hold.  But I'm sure Meghan continuing her "tribal" rationales isn't going to help.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, wings707 said:

She thinks she was hired to just give the cliched conservative point of view. 

That's her problem. She thinks being the "lone Republican" means defending her party against those big, bad liberals but that's not what "The View" is about. She's still stuck in Fox News mode, where it was pretty much an echo chamber and all the panelists usually agreed with each other.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

She thinks she was hired to just give the cliched conservative point of view.  No discussion, no back and forth or exchange of ideas with respect and open mind.  Nope.  Annoying little twat, that one.  

She is a GOP Barbie doll. Wind her up and she will recite whatever the Republican talking points for the day are.  Elisabeth was the same way.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I understand what you're saying, however I disagree with you. I think that Tomi would be an awful addition to the show because she knows her audience. She's a complete phony with her fake outrage and right-wing talking points. Every time she goes on a liberal show she doesn't spew any of that Snowflake nonsense because she knows she's full of it.

I don't disagree with you there, but while that is annoying the View would love her because she'd bring in the ratings. Plus, we wouldn't have a segment dedicated to cheering her up when another co-host defends herself.

Edit: I just wanted to make clear that I don't actually want her on the show, but if they were looking for a blonde young republican and Meghan and Tomi were the only two options, I'd go with Tomi.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 2

I’m not sure if anyone mentioned this, but I remember yesterday she talked about growing up in the Reagan era of conservatism.  She was born in 1984.  Reagan was president from 1981-1989.  I’m imagining Meghan analyzing politics at the age of 5.  

• Love 24
11 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

For some reason TPTB at ABC seem to think a sane Republican is boring.

True. They beat "The Talk" in daytime ratings so I guess they're doing something right. It's just odd, given the amount of disdain most viewers have for Meghan. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Ana Navarro would be an excellent addition to the show and I can only hope that that is a possibility. Seems to be a very popular suggestion on the show's social media accounts.

I really like Ana - a sane conservative!  There was nothing wrong with Jed as far as I'm concerned.  No, no, no to Tomi, MM & Ann Coulter, too should anyone be nutty enough to even consider her.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, susieq147 said:

She is a GOP Barbie doll. Wind her up and she will recite whatever the Republican talking points for the day are.  Elisabeth was the same way.

Defending Trump's Pocahontas comment citing false info on Warren is the perfect illustration that she is not thinking about anything other than defending Trumps actions, no matter what. Her father doesn't even do that!  Whoopie correcting her was a highlight this week along with Sunny today!  This was a good show today.

I want to think MM's contract allows them to replace her at their discretion. 

I have to admit that I preferred Jed as much as she irritated me.  But we should not have to endure a host.  How about someone we could respect?  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Tanichka said:

I really like Ana - a sane conservative!  There was nothing wrong with Jed as far as I'm concerned.  No, no, no to Tomi, MM & Ann Coulter, too should anyone be nutty enough to even consider her.

They dragged the hell out of Ann when she was on "The View" spewing her BS about a book she wrote. Ann Coulter is insane and I don't want to see her have a permanent spot on any show, ever. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 16
Just now, lexytheblasian said:

True. They beat "The Talk" in daytime ratings so I guess they're doing something right. It's just odd, given the amount of disdain most viewers have for Meghan. 

I am not on social media, how is Elsa being received by the show's viewers? I would think her people as she likes to put it, would enjoy her going after Joy..

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, backformore said:

I couldn't hear it over the crosstalk.   what was it? 

Sarah mention that the head hurts coming out. Joy said something like "as much as it does going in." I don't think anybody caught it. 

• Love 8
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

I am not on social media, how is Elsa being received by the show's viewers? I would think her people as she likes to put it, would enjoy her going after Joy..

It's pretty vicious, particularly on twitter. But facebook comments are also pretty bad. A lot of folks saying they are no longer watching.

• Love 4

MM is delusional. She is a talk show host and doesn't have "people" aside from the hired help she grew up with. As for her "job" being to represent the red states, I think Sara and Whoopi, look at both sides. Whoopi has always been honest about not wanting to pay taxes and I wouldn't be shocked if she voted conservative. The whole I'm exhausted, I'm failing, schtick is getting old. It is exhausting me and ruining my show! Let someone who can present rational pov's instead of talking points be the conservative voice, please. I've been hoping that her father's illness was causing her to be so abrasive but it is actually her personality. She is not doing "her people" any favors.

Once again she had to give an ass kiss to Whoopi with her comment about Whoopi not being surprised Trump won the election. MM wasn't surprised because she makes it sound like she was running for office. She needs to lighten up.

ETA: Fox should be paying for their ads with how many times MM mentions them on the show. 

Edited by hudsbee
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

@Tanichka, Agreed - I would prefer if 5 Meghan McCain clones joined the panel over Tomi Laren or Ann Coulter.  

Tomi was once said that  the Black lives matter movement was equivalent to the KKK, that is when I knew that she was insane.. Plus, she is all bark and no bite. She was on real time and she was quiet like a mouse.  They have a lot of mouth when they are around people who share their views. As soon as, they are challenged, to, not spew, their talking points and argue incontrovertible facts. They get indignant and play the victim.. The big bad liberals are so mean..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

They beat The Talk because that show is boring.  I have it on my DVR and often watch it as I drift off to sleep.  Seriously.  I set the timer and have yet to see the entire program.  :) 

• Love 11
Just now, wings707 said:

They beat The Talk because that show is boring.  I have it on my DVR and often watch it as I drift off to sleep.  Seriously.  I set the timer and have yet to see the entire program.  :) 

I can say I have honestly never watched that show. I think I watched a clip on youtube a long time ago and yeah, it was a snoozefest lol.

• Love 1

So MM feels like she is failing at what exactly?  Trying to sugarcoat the actions of  whoever her party people are? 

I think we here and the View audiences agree with you MM, about failing. You're not the right person for this job. 

Certainly the are other females who could do your View  job better, I.e., more knowledgeable, experienced, and able to commununicate respectfully, specifically, and clearly whatever the topic. 

Ana Navarro, maybe. 

Why or why didn't any of the other hosts tell her to prep more, get some voice lessons,  prep more, be diplomatic, and prep more?  

But then, MM never had to work for anything so she probably wouldn't understand. 

Edited by Tosia
She is failing.
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, xldb2004 said:

I think the ladies were sending a message to MM.  We could eat you alive if we wanted but we choose not to right now.  Express your point of view but show some respect.  This is the big league.

Ahh, good point, now that you mention it, I saw that, too.  

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

They dragged the hell out of Ann when she was on "The View" spewing her BS about a book she wrote. Ann Coulter is insane and I don't ever want to see her have a permanent spot on any show, ever. 

She is the original SHEBEAST

And hell to the NAWWW!!! to that hateful twat, Tomi.????

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, xldb2004 said:

I think the ladies were sending a message to MM.  We could eat you alive if we wanted but we choose not to right now.  Express your point of view but show some respect.  This is the big league.

I agree. Even Sara with her "let me finish" comment. I wonder if all the backlash about treating Meghan with kiddie gloves on was starting to wear on them.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 15
46 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

And that's why I think Tomi would be able to do better than Meghan, because she knows her audience. On the Blaze, she was loud and annoying, but with Trevor and the View she was a lot more subdued and was able to speak and share her views, while allowing others to put her in her place without feeling offended. I'm not saying she would be great on the View, but she'd be better than Meghan. I think Ana did the best in terms of being a Republican.

No, Tomi is not an intellectual giant, nor experienced enough. When Trevor asked her how Kapernick or Black people should protest,  she was at an loss to come up with anything.  Bleach must affect the brain. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Tosia said:

No, Tomi is not an intellectual giant, nor experienced enough. When Trevor asked her how Kapernick or Black people should protest,  she was at an loss to come up with anything.  Bleach must affect the brain. 

I don't deny or disagree with you here. That being said, if given the option between the two of them I'll go with Tomi only because Meghan takes things way to personal and can't chill out. That doesn't mean that Tomi isn't crazy, her views on the BLM being the new KKK is stupid and I can't take anyone who says that they don't see colour seriously, but I'd still rather have that then Meghan.

She keeps saying that this issue shouldn't be about politics and that she hates when people stay on their party lines, but she does this on a daily basis. The moment anyone says anything against a republican (as an individual) she takes offense and feels the need to defend them even when she should just listen. The fact that after segment of Sunny putting her in her place we had a segment where the co-hosts babied her was ridiculous. She'd be so much better if she loosened up and stopped seeing everything as an attack, but it's been awhile now and there's still no change.

I use to say that at least Meghan isn't Tomi, because it could have been way worse if Tomi was there, but now I'd rather have Tomi's nonsense over what we saw today.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

The fact that after segment of Sunny putting her in her place we had a segment where the co-hosts babied her was ridiculous. She'd be so much better if she loosened up and stopped seeing everything as an attack, but it's been awhile now and there's still no change.

That was sickening. Like really? I thought she was a tough girl -- or is she only tough when she goes unchallenged?

All that, "you're doing a good job Meghan" kumbaya crap was annoying. Previous conservative guests were never babied like this.

*edit: Elizabeth was but still lol.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

That was sickening. Like really? I thought she was a tough girl -- or is she only tough when she goes unchallenged?

All that, "you're doing a good job Meghan" kumbaya crap was annoying. Previous conservative guests were never babied like this.

Elizabeth was...Her meltdown over some type of drug that impeded pregnancy was out of this world..  She was babied to the point that, she spent 7 years, spewing her nonsense, unchallenged.  She was allowed to get nasty with Baba wawa on numerous occasions.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Elizabeth was...Her meltdown over some type of drug that impeded pregnancy was out of this world..  She was babied to the point that she spent 7 years spewing her nonsense unchallenged.  She was allowed to get nasty with Baba wawa on numerous occasions..

Yes, yes you're right.

• Love 5

Well, I am so happy that Whoopi is so EXCITED about women coming forward now with sexual misconduct allegations, because once upon a time, not too long ago, she was NOT so EXCITED about them. Ahem... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3152643/Whoopi-Goldberg-downplays-Bill-Cosby-s-revelation-gave-Quaaludes-woman-sex-JOKING-drug-disgraced-actor-s-accusers-speak-out.html  And it took a Network and public backlash to make her EXCITED about it..or at least pretend to be excited about it. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3162885/ABC-forced-Whoopi-Goldberg-change-stance-Bill-Cosby-rape-allegations-overwhelming-number-viewer-complaints.html Maybe Whoopi and Rosie can finally reconcile their differences...or maybe not........

• Love 15

I re-watched the clip and I am dying laughing at how Joy was smiling after Sunny made her point while Elsa was clearly brewing. Pure gold. I really hope they keep this up and I can't wait to see what happens if Meghan says something ridiculous tomorrow while Ana is at the table.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan acts like she is interviewing the others on the panel,  not participating in a discussion.   

I've thought that from pretty much day one. 

59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Thank you for posting this. I did not watch the show. Did they "finish this" when they came back from commercial?

You can see both parts here: http://toofab.com/2017/11/30/the-view-gets-incredibly-tense-when-sunny-hostin-meghan-mccain-battle-about-trump-voters/

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Tomi v. MM?

I don't want either one, and thank goodness,  it's not a choice--yet. ;)

ewwwwww talk about a nightmare in the making!  Have we not learned from Jed?  Fire Jed, get worse, fire MM, get much worse!  remember that time worn adage 'if I can save just 1 person...yada yada yada'?  well that time is now, save yourselves people!!!  p.s.  on a shallow note Sara -H was gorgeous today!  I really loved her hair like that, very pretty. And her dress, that blue was stunning, course she has the glow too.  Stellar day for Sara, got her points in AND completed them!  She made MM sit back down!! Heehee and let her finish

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

And that's why the producers love her, and why she'll never be fired.

We all said the same thing about Elizabeth and she was fired. I still remember the day that she announced that she was moving on. She did not even get a goodbye show. She got the news of her firing that very morning and looked shocked as she was spewing about wanting to be with her kids more.  Megan will leave on her own accord, because, she does not have Bill Geddie ,to protect her like he used to do with Elizabeth. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Valley vocals?  Audio assaults?

Audio assaults!  Omg thats perfect .  she does that vocal fry thang when finishing a sentence that makes my ears close up, with a wall!  Haha pun.  Oh well, they cant all be good.  haahaa exactly what one would say when snarking on a certain panel show

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DB in CMH said:

Sarah mention that the head hurts coming out. Joy said something like "as much as it does going in." I don't think anybody caught it. 

That was bleeped here. I did see Sarah nearly pee herself laughing and wondered what I'd missed. Thank you!

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

That was bleeped here. I did see Sarah nearly pee herself laughing and wondered what I'd missed. Thank you!

The exact quote:

Sara: that head is not easy to get out

Joy: it was easier to get in. 

I watch on Hulu. I don't think they bleep anything. 

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

I really hope they keep this up and I can't wait to see what happens if Meghan says something ridiculous tomorrow while Ana is at the table.

I guess we'll see tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow's epi was recorded when Ana was there the other day, when she filled in for Meghan.