Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/27/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

48 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Well, that was a cheap shot - MM calling out Sunny for her remarks yesterday and Sunny not being there to defend herself. Where is she, by the way?

True fact: 54% (the majority) of the American voters did not vote for Trump. 

It’s also a true fact that 52% (the majority) of American voters did not vote for Hillary. 

• Love 3

What the hell is is a wolf ticket?  Didn't understand Whoopi's explanation ( nor much else of what she was saying then) so found it on urban dictionary - aggressive talk without actually plannng violence.  She's so poor as moderator but does make some insightful contributions.

Missing Sunny!  But Sarah looks great today - except when she drinks her coffee (?) with her elbow OUT!! Stop it, you're ruining your image.

Edited by telemachus2
Saw the rest of it!
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

Fuck you, Meghan McCain! What a cheap shot at Sunny, who is not there to defend herself. I hope to God that Sunny is cool, calm and collected and completely ignores her classless ass!

Based on this comment and the one above, I'm assuming neither Joy or Sara checked her? I know better than to expect Whoopi to do anything. I'll save the rest of my thoughts until after I see it.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, bannana said:

I don't get why Elsa couldn't have started with the important point, about the Navajo Code Talkers and their role in the war, especially as they are from her home state, partly.  Instead she had to take the run at Warren, which is completely irrelevant in this story.  The outrage is that Trump insulted these 90+ elders and war heroes with the Pocahontas slur.  Indian country organizations have spoken out and say that Trump doesn't deserve to have the name Pocahontas pass his vile lips.  They say he is diminishing another Indian hero in front of living Indian heroes.  The whole segment was wasted because Elsa derailed it with the Warren talk.  Sara tried to get to the real point but was drowned out.  And Elsa ultimately tried to make the point but it was after it had turned into a shit show.  This is why she is a terrible panelist.

Same with the way she jumped into the discussion re McCain's comment on Hilary's book.  Those are her father's comments, not hers.  But she clearly wanted to defend them and then did the childish jab at Joy about never having lost an election.  I love bewildered Joy's reactions to the little gnat, and especially when the audience was oohing as in, Elsa was just mean to Joy, and Joy indicates, so what, who cares with a simple look to the audience.

When I was Elsa's age I was an Executive running a major organization.  I knew how to have adult respectful conversations with adversaries.  Elsa is a mean girl teenager.  Sad!

YES!!! This ^^^^^ times 100. TY

22 hours ago, bannana said:

Whoa, THE BITCH IS BACK!

Now I hear Elton. :-) in my head. (flove)

22 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The only time that Sunny is prissy is when they're talking about sex and marriage. Otherwise, she's a Rock Star. Meghan is no veteran of this show or such a victim, nor is she piled on or attacked that she can sit there and act as if she's taking other people's bullshit, so that entitles her to be nasty toward Joy and Sunny; sometimes Sara. But not Whoopi. And then whine about how HARD everything is.

I agree. I like Sunny a lot , but I wish she'd stop with that Diana, lower your head, look thru your eyelashes and tilt your head thing. She  is a grown ass woman and an atty. [/rant]

• Love 14

Oh my god! This! So much this....

I agree. I like Sunny a lot , but I wish she'd stop with that Diana, lower your head, look thru your eyelashes and tilt your head thing. She  is a grown ass woman 

I couldn't put my finger on what I disliked about her so much, this just summed it up! Thankyou..

Its almost childish when she does it, it creeps me out..

• Love 4

It’s also a true fact that 52% (the majority) of American voters did not vote for Hillary. 

And 42% of eligible voters did not vote at all. 

Here’s the thing, MM sees herself as a ‘good loser’. Just wonder what kind of a lose she would be if her father had won the popular vote?  Just saying, that would be a great question for her. 

Sorry but MM should not have brought up her issue with Sunny without her being there. 

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I am not up on the lingo, but I initially thought Whoop had mistaken wolf  ticket for dog whistle. Is that not calling someone out or getting attention? 

Not quite. It's using coded language that is clear to one group, while denigrating another. Eh, I'm explaining it wrong. I know it when I see it in action. According to the definition, here's what the term means:

"political messaging employing coded language that appears to mean one thing to the general population but has an additional, different or more specific resonance for a targeted subgroup. The phrase is often used as a pejorative because of the inherently deceptive nature of the practice and because the dog-whistle messages are frequently distasteful to the general populace...'the goal of the dog-whistle is to appeal to the greatest possible number of electors while alienating the smallest possible number.'"

• Love 5
6 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

Over 50% would be the majority of the vote and like I said before 48% and 46% are so close that it doesn't make much of a difference. To say that the vast majority of voters think one way or the other is just nonsense.

The highest percentage is the majority. 3 million more votes is a vast majority. In simpler terms: the biggest piece of the pie is the biggest. So, no, still can't say I agree with you.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

And 42% of eligible voters did not vote at all. 

Here’s the thing, MM sees herself as a ‘good loser’. Just wonder what kind of a lose she would be if her father had won the popular vote?  Just saying, that would be a great question for her. 

Sorry but MM should not have brought up her issue with Sunny without her being there. 

Especially since she says that it is incorrect to say that Trump voters are racist.  She should read this thorough piece on the topic. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/the-nationalists-delusion/546356/

I thought Elsa did pretty well in the first segment.  Then she reverted back to type.

• Love 8

MM said she "doesn't like to politicize the military." She said herself that she's a "political analyst"... did she forget that?

Also, she needs to take a (permanent) break from this TV thing and re-watch herself doing the very thing she says she doesn't do.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 14

Well at least Meghan spoke out about Trump, tweeting about Matt  Lauer with so much else going on, she said he tweets about Matt! Btw, I know a lot of women that stopped watching him, because of the way they treated Ann Curry. WTG Meg! 

• Love 1

Wolf tickets are when you talk trash without being willing or able to back it up.  For example:  a drunk is talking to someone at a bar who's minding his business....talking about stand up fight me, you can't whip me...etc..the drunk is selling wolf tickets.  Usually the seller gets more than he bargained for

• Love 5

Yes, what a coward Meghan was today to try something with Sunny when she isn't even there. That's how people like her roll though, so not surprised. She made sure to mention things got heated without mentioning that she made them that way by being a disgusting, vile bitch.

16 hours ago, jumper sage said:

So MM married Ben Domenech?  He was the guy who was fired from the Washington Post after 3 days on the job for plagiarizing.  He now calls it "sloppy" work.  It figures that's the kind of person she would marry.

I guess spinning lies and making excuses for questionable behavior isn't just her day job.

• Love 19
47 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I am not up on the lingo, but I initially thought Whoop had mistaken wolf  ticket for dog whistle. Is that not calling someone out or getting attention? 

Urban dictionary says ...Wolf ticket : 1)To speak aggressively to someone without intending to back it up with violence. 
2)to do a favor which is redeemable by a favor.

20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yes, what a coward Meghan was today to try something with Sunny when she isn't even there. That's how people like her roll though, so not surprised. She made sure to mention things got heated without mentioning that she made them that way by being a disgusting, vile bitch.

I guess spinning lies and making excuses for questionable behavior isn't just her day job.

That was odd, because what Sunny said, was not the heated part.  IIRC.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Based on this comment and the one above, I'm assuming neither Joy or Sara checked her? I know better than to expect Whoopi to do anything. I'll save the rest of my thoughts until after I see it.

No need, she said, and I quote" I'll have her address this when she's back " So she didn't just say Sunny said blah blah blah, she added to that. I just played it back, as I thought she had .She said to Joy, we view things through different lenses, (as we all do btw) and Joy nodded in agreement.

I get people don't like MM, but this vile bitch etc, when she said, I'll have sunny address this, well it's as if we only see part of the story and jump right in to vile bitch mode...smh.

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 2

I just cannot take MM's accent any effing more. "It was so BOD"  (bad) what is with her and vowels? It makes me crazy. Please, the universe, make it stop.  "I neww-ow" (I know) "Ur you sar-ious?" (Are you serious?) SARiously.  "Think yow." (thank you)

Edited by ari333
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I just cannot take MM's accent any effing more. "It was so BOD"  (bad) what is with her and vowels? It makes me crazy. Please, the universe, make it stop.  "I neww-ow" (I know) "Ur you sar-ious?" (Are you serious?) SARiously. 

Nails on a chalk board. It's awful.

• Love 16

I loved that MM said she hopes the divisive stuff can stop in the next election, and that they are more alike than not. Whoopi agreed, the audience applauded...I can see she's a smart cookie, and likely why their meetings apparently aren't so bad..

Bring on Ms Ross, MM has her own thread. I like to talk about the show :) 

Edited by NeverLate
11 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I loved that MM said shge hopes the divisive stuff can stop, and that they are moire alike than not. Whoopi agreed, the audience applauded...I can see she's a smart cookie, and likely why their meetings apparently aren't so bad..

Bring on Ms Ross, MM has her own thread. I like to talk about the show :) 

MM is part of the show so I thought she was fair game for commenting. ... everyone else seems to be.  

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Well, I liked it, they are clapping seals, yes, but what Meg said was right.;) btw she didnt vote for Trump and neither did her husband. So she has her own view, just like everyone on this show.

And shortly after she said that, she said they were both T supporters which was what attracted them to each other.  Shrug 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Tammee said:

And shortly after she said that, she said they were both T supporters which was what attracted them to each other.  Shrug 

Nope, they said he's the president, they support the president! Big difference.

It doesn't matter, I have friends that voted for him, they are the nicest people I am privileged to be friends with.So her not voting for Trump, don't really care..it was just something I noted..

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Unfortunately, no. I was a little disappointed in Sara and Joy not taking up for their fellow co-host being attacked when she wasn't present to defend herself. As for Whoopi, like you said, nothing to see here.

25 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I just cannot take MM's accent any effing more. "It was so BOD"  (bad) what is with her and vowels? It makes me crazy. Please, the universe, make it stop.  "I neww-ow" (I know) "Ur you sar-ious?" (Are you serious?) SARiously.  "Think yow." (thank you)

Funniest post I've seen in a while. SARiously!

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Nope, they said he's the president, they support the president! Big difference.

It doesn't matter, I have friends that voted for him, they are the nicest people I am privileged to be friends with.So her not voting for Trump, don't really care..it was just something I noted..

Yea I noticed when she said she did the write in thang, thought for a moment Jed was back hee

• Love 3
Just now, Tammee said:

Yea I noticed when she said she did the write in thang, thought for a moment Jed was back hee

She said she wrote in another candidate.

See ya tomorrow, Diana Ross is on, please leave time for her!! I've seen her in concert twice, she's fantastic..☺

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The highest percentage is the majority. 3 million more votes is a vast majority. In simpler terms: the biggest piece of the pie is the biggest. So, no, still can't say I agree with you.

3 million out of the 139 million people who actually bothered to vote is merely a drop in the bucket.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Meghan said she's terrified that a bomb will be dropped on Pyongyang? What? Why would Kim drop a bomb on his own capital city and his home? What the hell?

I believe she meant she's terrified Trump will strike first.

• Love 7

Jim talking about his movie and MM says you play a carousel operator.? .. Good listening and interview skills. 

" I  will have her address this when she comes on , what I'm asking of the Democrats...." Who the hell does she think she is?  Oh I forgot she and her husband are political analysts,  says who?  She's living with and dealing with him as president... Your write in helped that.  She sure thinks a lot of herself because  she didn't go on television and spew hate at Obama.  What are the odds MM will act like she's going to do battle with Charles Schumer? 

I would like to not have to talk about her at all as in another bad hire gone.   Poor Sara trying to be a buffer , giving birth will be a walk in the park. 

I would love  to have seen  Sunny  in court prosecuting sex offenders and am  looking forward to hearing  about her DC trip.  

• Love 10

Wait, Meghan was outraged on behalf of her "grandchildren" today?

Homegirl's been married two weeks and she's already indignant about political effects on her grandchildren?

She is absurd. First she appropriates all the military - no one else can have any opinion but hers because she shares DNA with soldiers - and now she's appropriated anger on behalf of generations that may never exist?

Pfffftt. Girl, please.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Well, I liked it, they are clapping seals, yes, but what Meg said was right.;) btw she didnt vote for Trump and neither did her husband. So she has her own view, just like everyone on this show.

God... I LONG for the day when every single god forsaken thing isn't ruined by the need to constantly bring up that bastard's name. I didn't mention Trump. At all. So, have no clue why you slid that juicy piece of nothing in there. Yes, I know the conversation on the show was about Trump. But, I said nothing about that sack of shit. 

• Love 17

Was that a marijuana leaf charm on Whoopi's necklace today?

The View is the only show in which I notice the moderator cut to commercial so abruptly.

"You want me to wrap it up?"

"They're telling me we need to go."

"I'm confused. What do you want me to do?"

I HATE IT!!!!

• Love 14

Yesterday and today Whoopi mentioned that no one is talking about why we are not going after Niger since the attack of U.S. soldiers there. She is acting like Niger is an enemy of the U.S. Our troops are over there to strengthen the military of Niger, not because Niger is an enemy. If she wants to get it right, she should say we should be looking for the group of thugs or ISIS members who attacked our soldiers AND killed Niger troops on that ambush. And I'm sure they are looking for them every day, Whoopi. I'm not sure why this issue has her so fumed. She needs to get her facts straight and not misrepresent the situation.

38 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

The View is the only show in which I notice the moderator cut to commercial so abruptly.

I HATE IT!!!!

I agree, and they also have so many commercials that there's no way I watch it live. I zip through the commercials and selling of stuff with my DVR.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 13
58 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I HATE IT!!!!

I think so. Whoopi is a medical marijuana smoker I believe, so it makes sense, if that’s what it was. 

The other day, MM asked Sunny a question and literally right after that the camera panned to Whoopi and she says, “We’ll be back!” Ugh.

On top of that, they usually never go back to whatever topic they discussed before they cut to the commercial break.

• Love 8

Whoopi was embarrassingly bad today with the politicians must do things for people soliliquy. Wow! She shuts the conversation down and then fails to get any point across. 

I'm really of two minds about Meghan. I know this is probably the worst year of her life and she is probably holding back a lot of pain just to come out and do the show everyday. So I can cut her slack. But her viciousness with Joy and Sunny burns right through any of that goodwill. The first segment was good, then she started to light into Joy in the second. 

I always defended Jed on these boards because I really liked her. I didn't agree with a good deal of what she said, but she had the right vibe for the show. I think she was adorable how she came out dancing practically every episode - you could really tell that she was thrilled to be there. Meghan seems to treat the show as some kind of punishment. It's really offputting. I was reading the Facebook comments on the show and she is pretty much reviled there too.

Then again, I am also tuning in everyday (delayed in Hulu) just to see if she'll fly off the handle, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Controversy works. 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Aileen said:

So Megan takes a missing Sunny to task for her comments during yesterday's "heated" discussion, but doesn't apologize for being a bitch yesterday? Sounds legit.

The worst part, to me  was the way Meghan said "A comment was made by Sunny and I WILL HAVE HER ADDRESS THIS WHEN SHE COMES BACK."  Not I will discuss it with her, not, I will ask her, but I will have her address it!  That is the way a supervisor talks about an employee who has done something wrong.  Meghan is not Sunny's boss, she cannot HAVE her address something - especially since Meghan misrepresented what Sunny said, in order to refute it. (straw man argument, which she is VERY good at). 

And then her rapid-fire rant about Obama?   When MM said she didn't want 'What happened in the last election cycle to happen again," the audience cheered, thinking she was talking about the 2016 election.  she wasn't.  she was referring to Obama winning. Meghan hates Obama - she will never get past her dad losing to him. 

• Love 19

I don't seem to have much sympathy for Meghan. Mainly because everyone goes through the possible/likely death of a loved one eventually. Sometimes I don't even think she is in agreement with her father politically. And she did get married but doesn't seem thrilled with that. And she is so vicious to Joy and Sunny. Other than Whoopi and Hasselbeck I don't recall co-hosts attacking other co-hosts.

I guess I think she could be more like Navarro or Wallace when it comes to being an unhappy Republican when it comes to Trump.

I missed today but will watch later on demand.

Really backformore - and by 10 million votes and significant electoral votes!

Edited by maggiemae
spelling error
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, backformore said:

Meghan hates Obama - she will never get past her dad losing to him. 

Yup. She hates Obama. I know this has nothing to do with this particular thread but just watch clips of her on Fox - she hates Obama. Not sure I’d say it’s because her dad lost to him more than it’s the fact that 1) Obama is a Democrat and 2) it’s Fox News but that’s my opinion and I’ll leave it at that.

42 minutes ago, backformore said:

The worst part, to me  was the way Meghan said "A comment was made by Sunny and I WILL HAVE HER ADDRESS THIS WHEN SHE COMES BACK."  Not I will discuss it with her, not, I will ask her, but I will have her address it!  That is the way a supervisor talks about an employee who has done something wrong. 

This was my major issue with MM slipping that comment in as well. She is NOT Sunny’s superior; they are co-workers. MM has some weird control issue thing going on. So combative and hostile. Years ago when she appeared on “The View” she wasn’t like this. Not sure what happened.

37 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I don't seem to have much sympathy for Meghan. Mainly because everyone goes through the possible/like

A few threads ago I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, and I mentioned her being the way she is on this show possibly because of what her father is going through but as the weeks go on, I’ve lost that tiny bit of sympathy I had. I think she has some serious character flaws, as we all do, but us common folk are not on national television. She is. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

God... I LONG for the day when every single god forsaken thing isn't ruined by the need to constantly bring up that bastard's name. I didn't mention Trump. At all. So, have no clue why you slid that juicy piece of nothing in there. Yes, I know the conversation on the show was about Trump. But, I said nothing about that sack of shit. 

Well, I guess I wanted to post what said on the show, and not something that wasn't... And no, I don't mean you, Joy brings him up daily! I OTOH do not...

Whoopi was embarrassingly bad today with the politicians must do things for people soliliquy. Wow! She shuts the conversation down and then fails to get any point across. 

I didnt get what she as saying, but so often I read that others don't, so I just think Carry on Whoops, carry on...

1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

I think so. Whoopi is a medical marijuana smoker I believe, so it makes sense, if that’s what it was. 

The other day, MM asked Sunny a question and literally right after that the camera panned to Whoopi and she says, “We’ll be back!” Ugh.

On top of that, they usually never go back to whatever topic they discussed before they cut to the commercial break.

Medical marijuana? She also smokes regular pot, I think it damages the brain after awhile...she's the wrong person to moderate , for many reasons

Welcome to the view x 11, is just one reason..

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Whoopi is more than a smoker.   She is co-owner of a medical marijuana company   The target audience is women, they promote marijuana for menstrual cramps. 

And speaking of Whoopi selling stuff - what is the logic behind today's sweater?  She designed a sweater featuring a white Mrs. Claus and a Black Mrs. Claus STARING at each other?  WHY?  I have an intense dislike for her over-priced sweaters.  I don't know anyone who would shell out $89 for a sweater with a joke about gingerbread men farting, or Santa shaking his butt.  I guess I prefer traditional holiday themes. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Medical marijuana? She also smokes regular pot, I think it damages the brain after awhile...she's the wrong person to moderate , for many reasons

Welcome to the view x 11, is just one reason..

I think she mentioned it a long time ago in some interview, the medical marijuana thing. I’m not judging her either way. In fact I think she’s made several subtle hints towards being a pot smoker, medical or not, on the show. Can’t remember off the top of my head, though.

17 minutes ago, backformore said:

Whoopi is more than a smoker.   She is co-owner of a medical marijuana company   The target audience is women, they promote marijuana for menstrual cramps. 

I knew I remembered this from somewhere, thanks for the link.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I think she mentioned it a long time ago in some interview, the medical marijuana thing. I’m not judging her either way. In fact I think she’s made several subtle hints towards being a pot smoker, medical or not, on the show. Can’t remember off the top of my head, though.

I knew I remembered this from somewhere, thanks for that.

As soon as its legal here, she wants to sell it here., I just hate the stuff...and how addictive it is. Jmho 

Thanks for the link backformore

• Love 2