Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/27/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, lexytheblasian said:

Meghan was laughing at Joy’s jokes. Maybe the problem is Whoopi? Lol. Just kidding I don’t know but it’s nice to see her more relaxed and smiling.

Prozac? Xanax?  Maybe a little of Whoopi's special medicine? 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Meghan was laughing at Joy’s jokes. Maybe the problem is Whoopi? Lol. Just kidding I don’t know but it’s nice to see her more relaxed and smiling.

There is friction between Whoopi and Joy, and I've said that all along!

Sara isn't cheering either, smart cookie sees this for what it is .Same with Ana! MM is right, the country will be more divided, prissy Missy going after Ana now..

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Ana is almost surely auditioning for a spot on the panel. I think TPTB are regretting hiring Meghan without resting her with the tv audience. 

I predict she's going to temporarily replace Sara whiles she's on maternity leave.  

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Ana is almost surely auditioning for a spot on the panel. I think TPTB are regretting hiring Meghan without resting her with the tv audience. 

I think so, too. With Sara’s baby coming soon and Meghan’s dad’s ailing health, it makes sense. Even if MM doesn’t leave soon I can see Ana taking her place when the time comes. 

4 minutes ago, Catnip said:

I predict she's going to temporarily replace Sara whiles she's on maternity leave.  

A lot of suggestions on social media for Ana to have a permanent seat at the table.

• Love 13

To those who saw the entire show ~ Did they have a Chuck Shumer call-in at the beginning?  I'm betting not, but he was scheduled for today.  The View had a rather blank week as far as guests appearing!

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Right-wing media beat him to death for wearing a TAN SUIT. There is a collage of news anchors on Facebook criticizing Barack Obama for wearing a tan suit. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg of things they criticized our first black President for... let’s not get into the racist criticism. As a mixed woman it broke my heart.

He was also criticized over a condiment choice.

32 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Meghan McCain: “This is a good moment for Joy and a good moment for Democrats.”

Meghan, Meghan, Meghan. This is not a Democrat/Republican moment. This is a American moment. Jesus.

And that right there is her mentality.  She doesn't care about finding out the truth.   She doesn't want Republicans to look bad.  So I guess it's party of country for her.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Tunia said:

To those who saw the entire show ~ Did they have a Chuck Shumer call-in at the beginning?  I'm betting not, but he was scheduled for today.  The View had a rather blank week as far as guests appearing!

Why aren't they showing up. Lots have cancelled...

3 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

So I guess it's party of country for her.

This is why she is not a good fit for a show like “The View.” She has a hard time taking her Republican cap off and looking at things as an American citizen. I think a show formatted like the one she was on at Fox is better for her.

• Love 8
Just now, lexytheblasian said:

This is why she is not a good fit for a show like “The View.” She has a hard time taking her Republican cap off and looking at things as an American citizen. I think a show formatted like the one she was on at Fox is better for her.

I think she's doing okay, her and Ana get along...

Michael Flynn is agreeing to testify that Donald J. Trump instructed him to make contact with the Russians! Wooooowwwww! 

Coming from the same guy who told the RNC crowd to “LOCK HER UP!” Life comes at ya fast! 

Lady karma is a bitch..☺

58 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I don’t think any of them “hate” each other but Meghan McCain’s body language and facial expressions consistently come off as very defensive, hostile and angry especially when one of them disagrees with her. When Joy makes her political jokes, MM looks particularly tense.

I don’t recall any recent conservative hosts being so defensive and angry when someone didn’t agree with them. 

Defensive and hostile are the operative words, LexyTheBlasian.  She has been considered "high-spirited," since childhood.  Because of her name (both parents) and her wealth, she has been able to bitch ahead without restraint.  NOW the public is having their "very public" say.  It ain't pretty.  I'm sure her feelings are hurt on a regular basis.  Maybe her comment about it's being so hard (the show) is a precursor to her bowing out for "family reasons."   Hopefully.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Maybe her comment about it's being so hard (the show) is a precursor to her bowing out for "family reasons."   Hopefully.

Very strong possibility. I just don’t see her lasting long on the show. Elizabeth lasted for years but she didn’t have a dying loved one.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Michael Flynn is agreeing to testify that Donald J. Trump instructed him to make contact with the Russians! Wooooowwwww! 

Coming from the same guy who told the RNC crowd to “LOCK HER UP!” Life comes at ya fast! 

Meghan McCain: “This is a good moment for Joy and a good moment for Democrats.”

Meghan, Meghan, Meghan. This is not a Democrat/Republican moment. This is a American moment. Jesus.

This was my reaction watching the show today. Meghan tried to spin this as a "good day for Democrats," when conspiracy to rig an election affects the entire country? What in the world. Thank God Sunny was there to clean up that especially ripe piece of manure.

Ana's face while Meghan was talking throughout the show was classic. She's apparently friends with McCain (the one who actually has done something, not his daughter), so I don't expect her to go in on her openly. Just making that "Bitch, you're crazy" face was enough for me. Please let her make such a good impression while Sara is out that they quickly sweep Meghan out the door and give Navarro her seat.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Very strong possibility. I just don’t see her lasting long on the show. Elizabeth lasted for years but she didn’t have a dying loved one.

Plus, Elizabeth had Barbara and Bill to protect her.. It is those things that Rosie noticed and she tried to change it.. Whoopie may have Elsa's back, but, Joy has a lot of influence as well. She is more subtle about it..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Ana's face while Meghan was talking throughout the show was classic. She's apparently friends of McCain (the one who actually has done something, not his daughter)

Ana worked with Sen. McCain’s campaign I believe but yes, her facial expressions were priceless! 

3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Please let her make such a good impression while Sara is out that they quickly sweep Meghan out the door and give Navarro her seat.

Whoever is in charge of the “The View”’s social media and public relations can’t be blind to the stuff being said online. There is no way all of the negative comments about Meghan haven’t raised an eyebrow. 

4 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Wow, CNN pays her to bash Trump. Some of those tweets are super nasty.

Well, I don’t think those tweets are on behalf of nor affiliated with CNN. Just Ana. She’s a commentator with them, not a news anchor or anything.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Whoever is in charge of the “The View”’s social media and public relations can’t be blind to the stuff being said online. There is no way all of the negative comments about Meghan haven’t raised an eyebrow. 

They don't care about reviews.  They only care about ratings.

• Love 6

Ana worked with Sen. McCain’s campaign I believe but yes, her facial expressions were priceless! 

She was kind of sleepy today, but I thought given their age difference's, they got along. I didn't see any huffy puffy today..☺

Just now, susieq147 said:

They don't care about reviews.  They only care about ratings.

Bingo!

11 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

And I will end this with - although it's public news - no-one brought up the fact that MM's father voted for that shitty tax bill. I found his vote really disappointing. At the end of his career - to abdicate his values - that really *is* sad.

I was hoping that they’d talk about this. It’s a big deal. If MM weren’t on the show I think they would have talked about it. Instead they talked about Selena Gomez and that Justin kid - things that don’t affect me and people I don’t really care about. Sorry not sorry but I’m not a big fan of the celebrity “whose dating who now” segments. Kind of silly to me.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

True, but the ratings had been rising steadily the past year and they still fired Jedi. I have hope. :)

Same here. A lot of people didn’t like Jed but I don’t recall the reactions towards her being this bad. It’s honestly not an exaggeration. Hundreds of people writing to the ABC network about removing a co-host is something I don’t think happened with Jed.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, backformore said:

MM didn't understand - people are not happy that trump colluded with Russia.   They're celebrating that he is being held accountable. THAT is what the audience applause was about.  

She worked at Fox for too long, me thinks, for her to look at things in a completely objective, “American citizen,” way. She’s used to an echo chamber and I think she mentioned that yesterday. Nobody is happy about it because it’s Trump and if they are, they shouldn’t be. Not sure why she doesn’t understand that Americans should be concerned, collectively, about any foreign entity interferring with our Democracy regardless of which party occupies the White House. It’s like an automatic reflex for her to immediately go to bringing up political parties.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yes - she had ONE supporter in the audience who clapped a few times, and she had to point it out.  And get pissy when the applause was for anything else.

MM didn't understand - people are not happy that trump colluded with Russia.   They're celebrating that he is being held accountable. THAT is what the audience applause was about.  

She is incapable of that type of complexity.  She sees everything as a personal affront to her and her people, as she likes to put it.  I guess since I am a blue voter, I am not. I can live without Elsa's approval.  I am proud of my blueness..

Treason and pedophilia should not be a partisan issue, but, it is, in our climate.  The founders were very sensitive to foreign powers influencing us, that is why, it is a requirement for our President to be a natural born citizen.  So that their loyalty to this country, would be without a doubt.  I am a naturalized citizen and I took an oath to the constitution of the United States, to protect it, from enemies, foreign and domestic. It is  assumed and expected that natural born citizens will do the same as well.  Even back in the day, Russia was trying to influence the new nation, under George Washington.  I don't understand Elsa's animus towards the audience that was clearly expressing their glee at hearing the news in real time. It was a spontaneous reaction and not an affront to her sensibilities.  

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't understand Elsa's animus towards the audience that was clearly expressing their glee at hearing the news in real time. It was a spontaneous reaction and not an affront to her sensibilities.  

As I said before Meghan is Team Red and this whole Russia investigation is making her team look bad.  Do I think she cares if there was collusion to elect Trump?  Probably not.  She says she isn't a Trump fan but he is the head of her party so she isn't going to root for him to go down.  As far as I can tell she didn't inherit her dad's maverick personality.  And not for nothing but lately I don't see her daddy being all that much of maverick anyways.

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

She says she isn't a Trump fan but he is the head of her party so she isn't going to root for him to go down. 

She thinks she has to be a Trump apologist just because he’s the President and identifies as a Republican. Like I said, Fox indoctrined her to the point that she feels she has to defend the entire party. Newsflash, girlfriend: you can defend your party and not defend some of Trump’s actions and still be a proud conservative Republican. 

• Love 18
Just now, lexytheblasian said:

Heads would be exploding, including Meghan’s. 

You nailed it. As Sunny said yesterday, something to the affect of: just because Roy Moore is a Republican and you (Meghan) are too, doesn’t mean you support pedophila (sad that that even has to be said). Most people with a working brain know that one person doesn’t represent an entire party. Meghan finds any negative thing said about any particular person in her party, an assault on her and her entire party. Not true. 

Even within a political party, there is diversity in thought and life experiences that people bring with them and it shapes how they vote on certain policies.  People are multifaceted. She is just a Republican and that is it.  Who is she, other than that.  I am patient and I waiting on her to say that she is leaving the view to attend to personal matters. Even, when she comes out with the panel to the theme music, she looks pained, scared and unsure of herself. Love her or hate her,  Jed came out smiling, dancing and laughing. She enjoyed being there and the benefits that came with the job..

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

She thinks she has to be a Trump apologist just because he’s the President and identifies as a Republican. Like I said, Fox indoctrined her to the point that she feels she has to defend the entire party. Newsflash, girlfriend: you can defend your party and not defend some of Trump’s actions and still be a proud conservative Republican. 

I don't think she defended Trump. I just listened again to the first 15 minutes, didn't hear that, and they mentioned Trump and Flynn..I learn a lot from her, not all good, but I like to learn..

8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Even within a political party, there is diversity in thought and life experiences that people bring with them and it shapes how they vote on certain policies.  People are multifaceted. She is just a Republican and that is it.

Exactly. Someone can be a staunch liberal and have other views that may be considered conservative. She herself has said that she is socially liberal.  Being a Republican is the fabric of her identity and that’s sad to me. There is more to everybody than what political party they do, or don’t, belong to.

4 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I don't think she defended Trump. I just listened again to the first 15 minutes, didn't hear that, and they mentioned Trump and Flynn..I learn a lot from her, not all good, but I like to learn..

Sorry but saying “this is good news for Joy and the Democrats” is essentially defending Trump because he is the leader of the Republican Party. Why does that matter?

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 14

Well, you can see it one way, I can see it another. Ana said, Russian interference was bad, did it change votes, we don't know..so there was a lot I won't assume until the president resigns or something... I only see Joy as her party, she has said as much herself. So, right for Joy,wrong for Meghan? 

Anyway, hopefully more guests show up next week..

2 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

“The View” is being interrupted by the breaking news of Michael Flynn pleading guilty to lying to the FBI. Today would be a great episode.

joy reading that breaking news made me jump up and dance. 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Catnip said:

MM's divisive political stance is a prime example why our country is so divided. Finding out Trump and his gang colluded with the Russians' isn't a "win" for Democrats -- it's a "win" for our democracy!  Maybe this is a bit too "nuanced" for her to wrap her head around!

Exactly. Country over party and not the other way around. Anyone who defends their party before defending their country should be ashamed. 

• Love 22
25 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Even within a political party, there is diversity in thought and life experiences that people bring with them and it shapes how they vote on certain policies.  People are multifaceted. She is just a Republican and that is it.  Who is she, other than that. 

There is a scene in the movie Heartburn (good movie starring Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholson) where a group having dinner have to give three words that they think sums them up.   Meryl Streep's character said pregnant, happy and I forget the third word.  I bet Meghan would say Republican as her first word.

• Love 2