Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/27/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I guess we'll see tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow's epi was recorded when Ana was there the other day, when she filled in for Meghan.

I don't know. The commercial said something along the lines of "we're bringing Ana back to host the entire show!" implying that it'll be live. 

• Love 3

Meghan's career as a political commentator started as a fluke.  She was one of her father's surrogates during the 2008 campaign and she got a lot of media attention.  She was very lucky to have her career last as long as it did.  Conservative viewers love John Mccain and have embraced her.  Unfortunately for her, I think her career will take a downward turn when her father is not there to prop her up.  Maybe she will enter Arizona politics?  

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Meghan's career as a political commentator started as a fluke.  She was one of her father's surrogates during the 2008 campaign and she got a lot of media attention.  She was very lucky to have her career last as long as it did.  Conservative viewers love John Mccain and have embraced her.  Unfortunately for her, I think her career will take a downward turn when her father is not there to prop her up.  Maybe she will enter Arizona politics?  

Meghan's skin is waaaay too thin to enter politics.  I agree that her career will probably take a nosedive once she can't ride on her father's coattails.

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

I dont think Ana will be taking down MM. She is a friend of the family. She worked for McCain during his campaign. 

Being a friend doesn’t mean you agree with each other all the time. Maybe she won’t “take down” Meghan but I’m sure if she says something out of line, Ana will call her out on it. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, wings707 said:

They beat The Talk because that show is boring.  

Yep, I agree. It's incredibly lackluster and the ladies seem so phony. It comes off as scripted to me. I have tried to watch but the ladies are just dull and seem to only say things that they know will get applause. I have my issues with the View but at least they don't sound like everything that comes out of their mouths isn't carefully and painstakingly rehearsed

• Love 4
Just now, Stacee said:

Yep, I agree. It's incredibly lackluster and the ladies seem so phony. It comes off as scripted to me. I have tried to watch but the ladies are just dull and seem to only say things that they know will get applause. I have my issues with the View but at least they don't sound like everything that comes out of their mouths isn't carefully and painstakingly rehearsed

It is scripted because they show photos on the big screen behind the desk of people they mention.  It is stiff and controlled. 

• Love 3
Just now, Stacee said:

It was better before Aisha left. I thought she was the smartest one on that panel. She could always give intelligent and thoughtful responses to serious subjects instead of turning things into jokes all the time. I appreciate the fact that Sheryl can be serious at times too but sometimes the comedy elements they have her do about particular subjects can be uncomfortable. Sara Gilbert tries her best and Julie is Julie. I haven't watched much since they hired Eve over other more capable candidates to take over Aisha's spot.

I'm looking forward to watching today's episode of The View if only to see Elsa's ass handed to her.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

It was better before Aisha left. I thought she was the smartest one on that panel.

Yes.  She and Sara (love this woman)  were the core of the show to me. I do like Julie, she is a good anchor and clearly important.   The others, meh.  Okay but not pulling me in. 

1 minute ago, wings707 said:
6 minutes ago, Jaded said:

It was better before Aisha left. I thought she was the smartest one on that panel.

Yes.  She and Sara (love this woman)  were the core of the show to me. I do like Julie, she is a good anchor and clearly important.   The others, meh.  Okay but not pulling me in. 

I wonder if Alicia left or was let go.  I have no idea why they would drop her but I have not seen any evidence that she has moved on to greener pastures.  Confused.  Some behind the scenes strife perhaps?  We will never know.  I cannot believe she left willingly.  This is too good a gig for those who have/want media careers. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I wonder if Alicia left or was let go.  I have no idea why they would drop her but I have not seen any evidence that she has moved on to greener pastures.  Confused.  Some behind the scenes strife perhaps?  We will never know.  I cannot believe she left willingly.  This is too good a gig for those who have/want media careers. 

Aisha left willingly to focus on her directing career, she also is a regular on Criminal minds and hosts another show. She did not have time to continue on the talk as well. It was bittersweet, seeing her leave. She is brilliant. She got along with all of the ladies, except, for, the red headed clown, that sits in the middle. Sharon hated her. Yet, like, our Joy, on the view, she never lost her cool. She was mature enough to know, not everybody will like you. Plus, she was super close to Julie, who is the wife, of her boss, Les Moonves.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I haven't posted much about Megan, because you are all so much more eloquent than I and say exactly what I'm thinking, except I have many, many more expletives involved in my comments.

But, I do have to ask a question about one of the comments Megan made today, when she was talking about "people thinking/saying she supports a pedophile" - she went on to whine about "winning awards for my work with the LBGTQ community".  Just what the hell does that have to do with whether she supports Roy Moore or not?  Did not make any sense to me!  

OTOH - I was applauding Sunny, and wished that Joy would have joined in on the smack-down!!  

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

OTOH - I was applauding Sunny, and wished that Joy would have joined in on the smack-down!!  

I think Joy's response was really good. She had a satisfied look on her face throughout Sunny's speech, and when Meghan tried to bait her, she said "No, you're doing fine on your own." That probably irritated MM. I see her being on the show as a disaster.  She comes across as defensive, stiff, and angry. She was handled with kid gloves after her emotional talk about how she was trying so hard and failing. They have to careful with the "tough chick" because her feelings were hurt. If she has to be handled so carefully, she doesn't belong on a talk show.

• Love 18

Oh man, MM got served by Sunny...that was wonderful, and Joy was so so so cool throughout. Fantastic.  Damn, her expression when Sunny was just TELLING HER THE TRUTH, I thought she was going to explode.  Heh heh heh, I needed that!  Cause I hate her. She is a total b--ch. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

We all said the same thing about Elizabeth and she was fired. I still remember the day that she announced that she was moving on. She did not even get a goodbye show. She got the news of her firing that very morning and looked shocked as she was spewing about wanting to be with her kids more.  Megan will leave on her own accord, because, she does not have Bill Geddie ,to protect her like he used to do with Elizabeth. 

Elisabeth wasn’t fired. She left The View to join the morning show on Fox News Channel.

8 hours ago, backformore said:

I ALMOST felt sorry for MM, until she interrupts Sunny to say "let Joy jump in."  REALLY?!?!   You get to tell Joy when it's time to talk?  The others are trying to smooth over your precious feelings, and you are demanding that JOY do it too?? 

Then Joy looks at her, deadpans "What?" and rolls her eyes. LOL. Bless.

• Love 18

I have not watched for awhile, but tuned in today, and Megan was worse than ever!  Oh Boohoo Megan!  She got her feelings hurt & she was feeling like a "failure"(her word) that she was not succeeding in getting across the views of "Her People"(!) and Joy asks her "Who are Your People"?!  Then Whoopie shushes everyone so Megan can talk about what She is doing on the show.  Oh Good Grief...she acts like a "tough chick", but she gets her feelings hurt when the audience does not applaud for her the way they do for the other women.  I just cant with Megan~~

• Love 15
2 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

Elisabeth wasn’t fired. She left The View to join the morning show on Fox News Channel.

Elisabeth was fired and her good friend, Bill Geddes, had arranged the position for her at Fox. The View allowed all co-hosts who were fired to tell their own story about why the left. Elisabeth was most likely fired from Fox when she 'decided' to be chief breakfast maker at home or whatever lame excuse she gave.
After he meltdown over the Plan B drug and sitting on BW's lap, it was long overdue that she leave television.

Edited by hudsbee
  • Love 16

You've all said it - and so well! I am speechless this tough chick's widdle feelings were hurt. And she is fighting for the conservatives rather than the country. Oh - and her "my people" comment was priceless.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, mrbean5411 said:

Yes, she was. Barbara Walters pulled strings and got her a job at Fox, where presumably she would have succeeded, being with her peeps, but, she stunk there as well.

Joy also said that she was leaving for greener pastures, but, she was fired as well..

Starr was supposed to say that she was leaving on her own accord, but, she pulled the rug out under Barbara and announced that her contract was not renewed.  That defiance got her on Barbara's bad side for years.

Sherry was also fired and she said that she was moving on with her life..

The list goes on, about past panelists on the show that were fired, but, had to pretend that she was leaving to avoid bad publicity for the show..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

I think Joy's response was really good. She had a satisfied look on her face throughout Sunny's speech, and when Meghan tried to bait her, she said "No, you're doing fine on your own." That probably irritated MM. I see her being on the show as a disaster.  She comes across as defensive, stiff, and angry. She was handled with kid gloves after her emotional talk about how she was trying so hard and failing. They have to careful with the "tough chick" because her feelings were hurt. If she has to be handled so carefully, she doesn't belong on a talk show.

Yes, between her saying yesterday "I'll have Sunny address this"  and today telling Joy when to comment, added to her attitude of superiority,  Meghan has been acting like she is in charge of the show.  

She needed to allow herself time to get to know the other hosts, and the flow of the show, before coming across like a know-it-all because of her "position"  as daughter of a senator.  I think the reason today's show was so enjoyable was that Meghan acts like she's the smartest person at the table, and today Sunny showed her who really is.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yes, between her saying yesterday "I'll have Sunny address this"  and today telling Joy when to comment, added to her attitude of superiority,  Meghan has been acting like she is in charge of the show.  

She needed to allow herself time to get to know the other hosts, and the flow of the show, before coming across like a know-it-all because of her "position"  as daughter of a senator.  I think the reason today's show was so enjoyable was that Meghan acts like she's the smartest person at the table, and today Sunny showed her who really is.

I noticed that Whoopie allowed Sunny to calmly put Elsa in her place.  Sunny had the floor and the audience was with her, every step of the way.  Elsa got owned and she knows it..This was a glorious day...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 24
6 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

The exact quote:

Sara: that head is not easy to get out

Joy: it was easier to get in. 

I watch on Hulu. I don't think they bleep anything. 

Thank you, I missed that, too. Fucking love Joy.  Sara, too. 

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The list goes on, about past panelists on the show that were fired, but, had to pretend that she was leaving to avoid bad publicity for the show..

Jedediah’s departure from the show struck me as odd, too. Announcing you’re leaving after a new season has started and on a Monday? I also recall Whoopi being very quiet while Jed talked about leaving the show. Idk, Jed is writing a book so perhaps she’ll reveal some juicy secrets from her tenure on the show.

I don’t know if you all remember Michelle Collins but I think it was revealed later that she was actually fired as well.

• Love 6
Just now, lexytheblasian said:

Jed is writing a book so perhaps she’ll reveal some juicy secrets from her tenure on the show.

Is she really writing a book, or is that the story they come up with when they're fired?  If she's writing a tell-all, I will certainly read it.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I noticed that Whoopie allowed Sunny to calmly put Elsa in her place.  Sunny had the floor and the audience was with her, every step of the way.  Elsa got owned and she knows it..This was a glorious day...

I fully expected Whoopi to cut Sunny off or cut to break but she surprised me today. Didn’t interrupt Sunny during that entire conversation.

1 minute ago, Tanichka said:

Is she really writing a book, or is that the story they come up with when they're fired?  If she's writing a tell-all, I will certainly read it.

I believe she’s posted a few pictures on her social media of her in the process of supposedly writing this book but that’s a good question.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Jedediah’s departure from the show struck me as odd, too. Announcing you’re leaving after a new season has started and on a Monday? I also recall Whoopi being very quiet while Jed talked about leaving the show. Idk, Jed is writing a book so perhaps she’ll reveal some juicy secrets from her tenure on the show.

I don’t know if you all remember Michelle Collins but I think it was revealed later that she was actually fired as well.

Add Nicole Wallace, Jenny,  Raven, Christian Barbie, Rosie Perez and Debbie the original young one, when the show debuted.. Rosie O, Meredith and Lisa Ling left on their own accord.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

The exact quote:

Sara: that head is not easy to get out

Joy: it was easier to get in. 

I watch on Hulu. I don't think they bleep anything. 

Bwahahahaha thats hysterical!  I just have to share real quick, my sister was trying to type Xena Warrier Princess and her auto correct kept changing it to Xanex Warrier Princess! Lololololol I couldnt stop laughing too dam funny heeeeheeehee, sorry for the off topic

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Add Nicole Wallace, Rosie Perez and Debbie the original young one, when the show debuted.. Rosie O, Meredith and Lisa Ling left on their own accord.

I feel like Candace Cameron Bure also left on her own accord. That girl didn’t like to talk about anything and I still don’t understand why she even joined the show.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I feel like Candace Cameron Bure also left on her own accord. That girl didn’t like to talk about anything and I still don’t understand why she even joined the show.

Perhaps, it was a mutual decision to part ways. I do think that the commute back and forth to LA played a role and she only talked about being Pro-life and protecting the supreme court from Liberal activists.  That was the talking point that pushed some people to vote for 45.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Add Nicole Wallace, Jenny, Christian Barbie, Rosie Perez and Debbie the original young one, when the show debuted.. Rosie O, Meredith and Lisa Ling left on their own accord.

And Raven, CCB

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Perhaps, it was a mutual decision to part ways. I do think that the commute back and forth to LA played a role and she only talked about being Pro-life and protecting the supreme court from Liberal activists.  I could tell that was important to her..

True. Plus I think that’s when she started filming “Fuller House.”

• Love 1
1 minute ago, lexytheblasian said:

True. Plus I think that’s when she started filming “Fuller House.”

True! The view helped her get noticed again. Dancing with the stars and the view helped her career.  She is in a lot of Hallmark movies. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

Fellow Republican Ana Navarro could eat Little Miss Trust Fund alive!

I bet she's filling in for MM.  I can't see them having 2 Reps at the same table

23 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I edited my post and included them.. Christian Barbie is Candace..lol

Hah!

• Love 2

I really hope that Ana is being considered for Sarah's spot while she's out on maternity leave. She's a wildly independent Republican who hates Trump, and is well-spoken and quick-witted. She won't be a Sarah clone, but Ana is enjoyable. I don't mind listening to people who don't share my politics as long as they're entertaining, informed, and kind. In my fantasy world, Ana would take Sarah's place at the table, and when Sarah comes back, Ana would stay and Meghan would leave. I can dream!

Meghan sure seems to have both a superiority complex and a stick up her butt. I don't know if she's being coached to be that way or if she's changed drastically since previous appearances. Every now and then the person behind the Ice Princess pokes her head out to say hi, but for the most part, she looks like she's being forced to sit in traffic school with people who smell bad. She's Diane Chambers without the sense of humor.

For a tough chick, she sure has delicate feelings. Maybe she should reconsider her self-given epithet.

• Love 18

Well, here's my takeaway from yesterday: Meghan is a very, very, angry, angry person. And petulant when she doesn't get her way, or when she can't get others to agree with her. I don't like how she acts as if she's Bawawa-in other words, as if she's top DAWG and gets to determine what they will talk about every day. Or how she gets to pivot and change the subject when it bothers her or whatever.

And her oft times repeated statement whining that she is there to "help" people understand 45. That's what she keeps saying. My eyes couldn't roll hard enough at the ridiculous assumption that just because she's a Republican, "people" will think she supports a child pedophile like Moore. And I agree with Sunny-people with a brain and common sense, won't make that leap. "My people, my people...my party, my party" That's all I heard yesterday.

And I loved Sunny handing Meghan her ass to her on a platter. Loved Joy's refusal to "join in" and blow her off, with "you can take care of yourself."

And yet. Even after Sunny explained so that even a 10 year old could understand, Meghan still thinks what Sunny said was that all who voted for 45 are racists. She mumbled something about how she "disagrees with some of" what Sunny said. Which part? Everything Sunny said was true and were facts.

And all she has to do is whine, near tears how it's such a "struggle" for her and how "HARD" it is for her on this show, and everyone has to there-there her and coddle her entitled, smug ass.

And Whoopi cans also just shut it. To take a page from her book: she can tell me all she wants what good person Meghan is, my response is: I don't care! You can say whatever you want, and I'majustgonnaignore you!

Boo! To no Diana Ross, but she had the flu.

As much as I dislike Whoopi for disrespecting Sunny, I did laugh at her teasing Sunny over the fact that Sunny's chickens won't lay eggs.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 11

I really see the ass-licking yesterday after MM's "I'm failing!!" as a damage control directive sent down from the network. Comments online are about 95-5 against MM and I'm not exaggerating. She is absolutely being excoriated both on Twitter and Facebook. There's no way the show wants to lose her before her father passes away (imagine the ratings bonanza) so we get Whoppi's comments like "see, we can get along!" and "That was a nice conversation!" to assure the audience that they really do like each other.

To be fair, I don't see anybody as hating each other on the show - they reference talks they have before the episode, and when it's not political, MM contributes and they seem to get along well. The political aspect just causes passions to get heated - which is unavoidable these days. My problem with MM isn't her political points, it's her attitude. Hence why I really liked Jed, who, while I didn't agree with her, was a nice mix to the show and showed real camaraderie with the other hosts. MM doesn't. It really comes down to chemistry, and MM doesn't have it with the others. 

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And her oft times repeated statement whining that she is there to "help" people understand 45. That's what she keeps saying. My eyes couldn't roll hard enough at the ridiculous assumption that just because she's a Republican, "people" will think she supports a child pedophile like Moore. And I agree with Sunny-people with a brain and common sense, won't make that leap. "My people, my people...my party, my party" That's all I heard yesterday.

Yes, Meghan wants to have it both ways.  She's there to defend trump, and the GOP.   Yet, she's hurt when people assume that she supports the GOP on damaging issues. If her ROLE on the show is a trump apologist, translator, or whatever, then people WILL assume that she supports everything he does or says. 

38 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

I really see the ass-licking yesterday after MM's "I'm failing!!" as a damage control directive sent down from the network. Comments online are about 95-5 against MM and I'm not exaggerating. She is absolutely being excoriated both on Twitter and Facebook. There's no way the show wants to lose her before her father passes away (imagine the ratings bonanza) so we get Whoppi's comments like "see, we can get along!" and "That was a nice conversation!" to assure the audience that they really do like each other.

Yes, they've done that with past hosts - we're a family!  we love each other!    that is not going to work with this group of women, for one major reason.  Meghan McCain joined the panel  saying that she was there to do battle with Joy (I can't remember her exact words)  and immediately brought up the Bitsy/Rosie split screen episode and how much she admired Bitsy.  If Joy was ever going to give her the benefit of the doubt, that would have changed her mind. 

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

damage control directive sent down from the network. Comments online are about 95-5 against MM and I'm not exaggerating. She is absolutely being excoriated both on Twitter and Facebook.

Good point! Didn’t think about it coming from the top down. I think you’re right. MM did mention something about “you haven’t seen my twitter mentions” but I couldn’t make out what she said. You are absolutely right. As I mentioned earlier on this thread, she is getting obliterated on all social media platforms. For every nice comment about her, there are hundreds more asking the network to get rid of her.

I also said the same thing - I don’t think they’re going to get rid of her until her father passes away.

44 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

To be fair, I don't see anybody as hating each other on the show

I understand your point but I kind of disagree. I don’t think any of them “hate” each other but Meghan McCain’s body language and facial expressions consistently come off as very defensive, hostile and angry especially when one of them disagrees with her. When Joy makes her political jokes, MM looks particularly tense.

I don’t recall any recent conservative hosts being so defensive and angry when someone didn’t agree with them. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

“The View” is being interrupted by the breaking news of Michael Flynn pleading guilty to lying to the FBI. Today would be a great episode.

It's live on CTV in Canada.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

I'm Canadian too and don't understand why America is so divided. There should be some middle ground, but most people in America are firmly planted on their side and are unwilling to listen to the other side's point of view. It's a really sad situation.

I am as well. :)

• Love 1