Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/27/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, that’s not what I’m saying. If I think Whoopi is stupid (which I don’t), then I would say that. Being misinformed or mistaken is not the same as being ignorant.

Again I find myself confused. I found myself agreeing with Whoopi, and didn’t see her as being overly obnoxious as she tends to get. She tripped over Moore’s name and called him Senator? Big Whup. She corrected herself or was corrected and thanked “Rick” for correcting her.

Meghan just doesn’t have that...glow of one who is happy that she’s married. The vibe was one of a ticking off a check list. 

What Franken did was wrong; but what Moore has done is much, much worse. There is no comparison between the two. I’ll have to post the rest of my thoughts later as I’m at the dentist now.

I think misinformed and spewing it off as gospel IS being ignorant. She was so adamant about it. Whoopi was screaming "THEY DON'T CALL YOU!" at the camera. If that's not obnoxious, then I don't know what is. By the way. did they fact check her on the show about this? If so, did she apologize?  I haven't seen today's show yet, but I won't hold my breath.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, mrbean5411 said:

I think misinformed and spewing it off as gospel IS being ignorant. She was so adamant about it. Whoopi was screaming "THEY DON'T CALL YOU!" at the camera. If that's not obnoxious, then I don't know what is. By the way. did they fact check her on the show about this? If so, did she apologize?  I haven't seen today's show yet, but I won't hold my breath.

No, but they did manage to do just that on Warren..

• Love 1

Her friend Whoopie said it and she backed off.  

Her friend Whoopi , read off what was given to her! 

1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Not to me. Being someone's daughter doesn't give you insight into anything. She's just a mooch living off her last name.

Well, I've never been with a family running on election night, she's still closer than Joy will ever be..:) 

4 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

So she backed off for that reason, and btw, Whoopi could barely read it, embarrassing! 

Whoopie is dyslexic.  She struggles reading the prompter too.  She cannot help that.  My grandson is dyslexic and I understand the struggle.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

Whoopie is dyslexic.  She struggles reading the prompter too.  She cannot help that!  

Me too. I have mild dyslexia, and I can read better than Whoopi, who shouldn't be put in that position imnsho! 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wish Joy had pointed out that Meghan doesn’t “know how it feels” either. She didn’t run for president.

For the life of me I don’t understand why all her BS goes mostly unchecked by everyone on that panel, especially Whoopi, who usually voices her opinion and cuts everyone else off. 

I did like when Joy said, “I know my civics, Meghan!” 

I wonder if they brought MM on to bring ratings down and eventually cancel the show lol? I’m seeing mostly negative comments on all social media platforms due to her.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Being someone's daughter doesn't give you insight into anything. She's just a mooch living off her last name.

I ? you for these two sentences.  You are my hero.  Never mind all my rambling loathing of MM; you summed everything up in 18 perfect words.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

For the life of me I don’t understand why all her BS goes mostly unchecked by everyone on that panel, especially Whoopi, who usually voices her opinion and cuts everyone else off. 

I did like when Joy said, “I know my civics, Meghan!” 

I wonder if they brought MM on to bring ratings down and eventually cancel the show lol? I’m seeing mostly negative comments on all social media platforms due to her.

My guess is production instructed her to allow MM to speak and not turn this into the same situation they had with Jed.   There is no way in hell Whoopie likes her or her gag order.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Beuller?  Beuller??

I had to look this up in the Urban dictionary.  I had not heard this before.  

Beuller

When there is no answer to a given question, the questioner may highlight the fact that he has had or is expecting no reply by saying, "Beuller". This is normally an internet forum occurrence, but can also take place in everyday conversation.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

My guess is production instructed her to allow MM to speak and not turn this into the same situation they had with Jed.   There is no way in hell Whoopie likes her or her gag order.  

Maybe but this is starting to turn into “The Meghan McCain View.” I don’t understand how a topic about the President’s dumb remark turned into “let me make this personal and attack Joy about election night.” 

Just now, Former Nun said:

I doubt if that's ever her choice.

Oh I do too lol. 

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Meghan pointed out that she was there, right there when her father lost. She has a little more insight into election nights, than black veils and drowning ones sorrows. At least that's what I got from it...

Megan was at her BITCH-BEST when she punched out her point.  There's no reason to be rude.  She diminishes all credibility with her entitled snottiness.

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Beuller?  Beuller??

Oh oh oh Mr Kotteeeeeeeeeeeer!  What is, NOT A DAM THING, Alex!  You know, MM, you were slowly winning me over as of late.  I thought your wedding pix were beautiful.  But again today the bitch was back. The way you jumped on Joy, then smiled to Whoopi, like 'watch this'.  FU, MM.

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

MM, the entitled trust fund baby, apologize?  Surely you jest, @lexytheblasian.  Lol. 

I chuckled out loud when Whoopie came back with that fact-check.  It actually made my day.

Why must we be saddled with Miss Pissy Face Ice Princess when Ana Navarro could bring some high-spirited, intelligent, adult discussions and laughs to the table?  That woman knows how to get her points across without pouting and denigrating her co-workers.  I'm a die-hard Democrat and even I would love to go out for a few drinks with Ana.  I love a good, grown-up political conversation, especially when done with a well-honed sense of humor.

MM was in an especially foul mood today and I was hoping Joy would reach across Sunny and just bitch slap that twit.  Please somebody tell me that she wasn't signed to any long-term contract - or I'll have to delete The View from my DVR.

YES!!!  Totally agree with all you said.  

• Love 12
Just now, Former Nun said:

There's no reason to be rude.  She diminishes all credibility with her entitled snottiness

I tune her out the minute she starts being condescending. I like different point of views but she has proven over and over on this show that she is incapable of making her point without the personal attacks.

• Love 14
Just now, Tammee said:

Oh oh oh Mr Kotteeeeeeeeeeeer!  What is, NOT A DAM THING, Alex!  You know, MM, you were slowly winning me over as of late.  I thought your wedding pix were beautiful.  But again today the bitch was back. The way you jumped on Joy, then smiled to Whoopi, like 'watch this'.  FU, MM.

She actually agreed with Joy.

Just now, lexytheblasian said:

Why can't she agree without the snarky comments? What is the point of asking Joy, in a very smart-ass/attitude-ish way, "Does that help you sleep at night, Joy?" 

It was what followed that, that made sense. She said it wouldn't help me either( Joy had said no to that question btw) then Meghan said better to look toward 2020, and Joy agreed..

43 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I despise Elsa with the heat of a thousand sun. Elizabeth did not inspire this type of animus in me..

It reminds us how worthless yet helpless "sweet" Elisabeth was.  Megan is a Mack truck without breaks.

• Love 13

Well I just added the view to my PVR, it only recorded Fridays..MM is spicy, I love spice! Yeah so she has an attitude now and then, they all do, and it was zzzzz for me. I just read an article, Jed who? 

Just now, susieq147 said:

Elisabeth was inept but the intent was there.

I liked her, especially against Rosie! 

Just now, ari333 said:

I dont care if Warren is Native American or not. Calling her Pocahontas is a slur to NAtive Americans period imo. That clip made me sick.

I agree 100%! It made no sense, nobody understood it, and yes, it's a slur! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

It reminds us how worthless yet helpless "sweet" Elisabeth was.  Megan is a Mack truck without breaks.

LOL Good descriptions. Especially the quotation marks around sweet, because God knows there wasn't a sweet bone in her body.

2 hours ago, ari333 said:

I dont care if Warren is Native American or not. Calling her Pocahontas is a slur to NAtive Americans period imo. That clip made me sick.

I agree. Hearing Meghan try to justify it was disgusting, as per usual.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

So, Sara's baby shower meant she got to do a ten minute commercial?  Between her birthday and her shower, I wonder who she pissed off.  I laughed when Kelly Clarkson said, "I'm sorry" to Sara when they were talking about Sara being pregnant.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I thought baby showers were only for first babies?

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wish Joy had pointed out that Meghan doesn’t “know how it feels” either. She didn’t run for president. Just another case of her claiming her father’s fame and life experiences as her own.

I agree with Sunny that the vast popular vote loss is comforting because it means the majority of this country refused to accept the racism, misogyny, etc. that Trump embodies. But I can understand how that would stump an upper class white woman like Meghan.

Agree.

And let me add my agreement to those who posted up thread that being the daughter/sister/wife/niece/granddaughter/cousin of a politician/veteran doesn't mean you know what it feels like to live their lives as public servants/soldiers. I was rolling my eyes yesterday when Meghan was saying how much she loooooooved General Patreus because her brother served under him, and it was so sadz what happened to him. Never mind that he let slip military secrets? plans during pillow talk. Hey, if he wanted to have an affair, his business. That's not why he had to step down, if I recollect. It's what he gave the woman, who was writing his biography, after they hit the sheets and were cuddled up together--that had nothing to do with his biography. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. And unless she's run for office, she doesn't know jack shit about being a public servant. Yes, she knows how it feels when someone attacks her father, his service to the country, etc. But she doesn't KNOW the experiences of either.  And I'll join @wings707, and give Franken a pass as well, even though I'm disappointed in him.  Whoopi did a credible job yesterday, I think in showing how one's hand landing where it shouldn't can happen, and how people/fans get up in famous people's faces when they want a picture with them.

So Meghan, please STFU and GTFO.

And I also think that Pelosi was wrong. You don't use "because he's an icon" as a reason. So was Charlie Fucking Rose. But his actions are not mitigated because he's a great journalist. Or Cosby's because he was a great comedian.

1 hour ago, mrbean5411 said:

Well, Whoopi is right in this context with respect to Time's Person of the Year. They DON'T call you or reveal who it's going to be until they publish it. Which will be on December 6. Time tweeted that response. And now I'm just going to agree to disagree with you, because it's starting to become a circular argument. And there have been times when she's been corrected during a commercial break and when the show returns, she admits it; or the next day. Or in the case of the Cosby rape allegations, Dan Abrams had to spell it out for her. In THAT situation, yeah, she was being stupid. The thing with Whoopi is, when she's on other shows, other interviews, she's really quite intelligent and can speak coherently. Her few minutes on The Problem with Apu was great. I was wishing we could have THAT Whoopi.

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Whoopie is dyslexic.  She struggles reading the prompter too.  She cannot help that.  My grandson is dyslexic and I understand the struggle.  

She is. And that's why I give her slack when she stumbles over what she's reading. Because when she's not going off on a tangent and is trying to explain something that she has experience in and knows what she's talking about, and not reading, she is very lively and entertaining and there are times when I'm on her side and cheering her. Like when she was speaking to the camera/ the audience, young black girls, when they were talking about Prince Harry's engagement. Very cogent. Very clear.

53 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I had to look this up in the Urban dictionary.  I had not heard this before.  

I always associate that with Ben Stein calling roll call, and Ferris Bueller not answering, because...he's not there. It's been used as an urban definition I guess for crickets, or when someone can't back up whatever bullshit they're spouting?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And unless she's run for office, she doesn't know jack shit about being a public servant. Yes, she knows how it feels when someone attacks her father, his service to the country, etc. But she doesn't KNOW the experiences of either. 

This is exactly why her snarky comment to Joy about running for office was stupid. MM hasn't personally run for any political office that I know of, either. Being on daddy's campaign team is not the same thing as personally running for anything. She may understand the inner workings and all but that's still not the same thing. I'm surprised Joy didn't snap back with that.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

This is exactly why her snarky comment to Joy about running for office was stupid. MM hasn't personally run for any political office that I know of, either. Being on daddy's campaign team is not the same thing as personally running for anything. She may understand the inner workings and all but that's still not the same thing. I'm surprised Joy didn't snap back with that.

I thought Joy did! One day Joy's eyes will get stuck in that eye rolling position. Nattering little hen..

It's seems to be very immature,  and actually, ugly of MM to call out/insult  Joy like she did today, and on  past shows. 

I mean, why would anyone do that in this day and age of no bullying or mean girls? 

On tv, no less.

I understand criticizing specific actions of someone in politics who/what you don't agree with, but for MM  to be so mean-spirited is overtly a jerk move. 

Aside from the fact that she doesn't have a solid career /experience/knowledge to support her positions.

I don't get it. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Was it my imagination -  or did I catch MM looking to Whoopie for affirmation after each verbal altercation she had with Joy or Sunny.   Whoopie is most definitely not her usual steam-roller self with Miss McC.  She is painfully deferential to that 30-something brat and it's embarrassing to watch.  She must be getting paid extra $$$$ to make MM look good.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, ari333 said:

That's what Sara was trying to wedge into the conversation. It's just another diversion from another disgusting remark.

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, ari333 said:

MM is a raging bitch like Bits, but she's not as stupid as Bits, imo. That may make her scarier. Defending 45's asshatery was betond the pale.

LOL! Raging? Really..

2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Was it my imagination -  or did I catch MM looking to Whoopie for affirmation after each verbal altercation she had with Joy or Sunny.   Whoopie is most definitely not her usual steam-roller self with Miss McC.  She is painfully deferential to that 30-something brat and it's embarrassing to watch.  She must be getting paid extra $$$$ to make MM look good.

Nah, she didnt look to Whoopi...

3 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Was it my imagination -  or did I catch MM looking to Whoopi for affirmation after each verbal altercation she had with Joy or Sunny. 

I thought I was the only one who caught that look she gave Whoopi. Something weird is going on between them. It's as if Whoopi is in "the know" about Meghan's attempts to go at it with Joy because she never interferes, which is unusual for Whoopi.

2 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

She did. I think a few other people mentioned it earlier in the thread. I caught it, too.

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

LOL! Raging? Really..

Yes she did.  I saw the one and there was no mistaking it

19 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

No, not your imagination

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Tammee said:

Yes she did.  I saw the one and there was no mistaking it

I just replayed it, and nope, she didn't.. Not that I saw.

4 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I thought I was the only one who caught that look she gave Whoopi. Something weird is going on between them. It's as if Whoopi is in "the know" about Meghan's attempts to go at it with Joy because she never interferes, which is unusual for Whoopi.

She did. I think a few other people mentioned it earlier in the thread. I caught it, too.

So she's raging , but looking at Whoopi,..okay ( shrug) 

24 minutes ago, Aileen said:

Wow, Megan really tried her hardest today to bait Joy. Love that Joy shrugged her off and wasn't phased by her bratty antics.

You know what Im really really really afraid of... is that they drive Joy out. Why should she put up with digs from a snotnose bitch and no back up from mgmt or from worse.. Whoopi.   Whoopdidoo!  Joy has earned her stripes. Over and over again.  She may decide to lessen her load and just do comedy a  few nights a week.  And think of the material she has from this bunch.  Its totally doable.  I just hope she doesnt do it.  What I do hope she does is finally snap back and put the *B* in her place.

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I just replayed it, and nope, she didn't.. Not that I saw.

So she's raging , but looking at Whoopi,..okay ( shrug) 

The reason why you might have missed it was because it was a quick shot, after she said the dig to Joy, then they flashed to MM fast, she was smiling to Whoopi, and then it was gone.  Also when they shot her it was from the angle of her full frontal, so Whoopi wasnt actually in the shot

• Love 11