Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/27/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

This was my major issue with MM slipping that comment in as well. She is NOT Sunny’s superior; they are co-workers. MM has some weird control issue thing going on. So combative and hostile. Years ago when she appeared on “The View” she wasn’t like this. Not sure what happened.

She always sounds like some uppity, rich woman screaming at one of her servants.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Well, I guess I wanted to post what said on the show, and not something that wasn't... And no, I don't mean you, Joy brings him up daily! I OTOH do not...

I didnt get what she as saying, but so often I read that others don't, so I just think Carry on Whoops, carry on...

It really wasn't about *you* personally, it's just almost literally everything he gets injected into, and I'm burned out. Sorry was snarky about it though. I'm with ya on the Whoopi thing though, but, not about her marijuana usage. I don't know if she'd be tolerable at all on the show without it. That's saying she does it before the show, which, I have no clue. So, I just chalk it up to her being a bitch. But, she's not like that on other shows. She's actually quite delightful most of the time on other shows. I don't get it. 

4 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

But, she's not like that on other shows. She's actually quite delightful most of the time on other shows. I don't get it. 

Company manners. On other shows, she's the lady who visits and sits in the front parlor. On The View, she's "home" - so she sits around in her jim-jams, talks with her mouth full of food, and farts.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

I'm really of two minds about Meghan. I know this is probably the worst year of her life and she is probably holding back a lot of pain just to come out and do the show everyday. So I can cut her slack. But her viciousness with Joy and Sunny burns right through any of that goodwill. The first segment was good, then she started to light into Joy in the second. 

[snip]

Then again, I am also tuning in everyday (delayed in Hulu) just to see if she'll fly off the handle, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Controversy works. 

I skipped Mon & Tue, and only tuned in yesterday to see what they'd say about Matt Lauer, so I am so glad I turned it off before MM started on Joy again.  I really hate when co-hosts attack their fellow co-hosts. I hated it when it was Whoopi at Rosie.  I hate when it's Whoopi at Sunny. And I hate MM attacking Joy.  

But apparently others are tuning in, instead of out, as a post in the Media thread shows ratings are up and The View is beating The Talk again. So I guess their new hire is doing what they wanted.

8 hours ago, backformore said:

And speaking of Whoopi selling stuff - what is the logic behind today's sweater?  She designed a sweater featuring a white Mrs. Claus and a Black Mrs. Claus STARING at each other?  WHY?  I have an intense dislike for her over-priced sweaters.  I don't know anyone who would shell out $89 for a sweater with a joke about gingerbread men farting, or Santa shaking his butt.  I guess I prefer traditional holiday themes. 

$89 is WAY too much for pretty much any "ugly" Christmas sweater that you will only wear a few times. I did buy one last year - at Walmart for like $20. And this year I'm wondering if I'll even wear it again or not. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Kenz said:

Yesterday and today Whoopi mentioned that no one is talking about why we are not going after Niger since the attack of U.S. soldiers there. She is acting like Niger is an enemy of the U.S. Our troops are over there to strengthen the military of Niger, not because Niger is an enemy. If she wants to get it right, she should say we should be looking for the group of thugs or ISIS members who attacked our soldiers AND killed Niger troops on that ambush. And I'm sure they are looking for them every day, Whoopi. I'm not sure why this issue has her so fumed. She needs to get her facts straight and not misrepresent the situation.

I think Whoopi was talking about the theory that the US soldiers were betrayed by officials in the town.  (Of course interpreting Whoopi-speak in a delicate art.)  But regardless, the investigation is not something that would be discussed in the media anyway.

I hated that Meghan used Sunny's absence to chastise her about something she had said the day before.  Pretty cowardly.

8 hours ago, backformore said:

I don't know anyone who would shell out $89 for a sweater with a joke about gingerbread men farting, or Santa shaking his butt.  I guess I prefer traditional holiday themes. 

Maybe she's trying to corner the market on ugly holiday sweaters.  $89 is a lot to shell out for a joke though.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

On The View, she's "home" - so she sits around in her jim-jams, talks with her mouth full of food, and farts.

LOL I am amazed at how blasé she is about the farting thing - sometimes I have to re-watch because I'm thinking, "did she just fart on national television?! no way..." 

I'm not gonna go on some "lady-like" rant but... seriously? At least wait until you get backstage or go to the restroom, lol. The eating with the mouth full on TV thing, too. I hate it. I hate the whole concept of eating and talk-shows, actually.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, backformore said:

I remember when Sara joined The View, before she found her voice, she seemed like a silly blonde who giggled and added nothing to the show.  I love how she has evolved and how she speaks up.  She represents, for me, what the show was supposed to be about from the beginning - not right/left, conservative/liberal, polarizing views on everything, but real women talking about real issues that they have opinions about.  Sara never seems like she is "representing" a side in a debate, she comes across very genuine in expressing her own views. 

I agree with all of this. Sara has evolved so much.

• Love 10
Just now, JayD83 said:

For someone who supposedly didn't vote for DT, MM sure does get upset at people not liking/hating him.   

I don't care what your political views are, at least have valid points to your arguments w/o constantly returning to the "As a Republican..." line, which she does to no end.

She's towing a fine line, which I think she kind of implied today in response to Sunny and Joy. I actually don't think she likes Trump but because she's the "lone Republican" she feels compelled to defend her party endlessly. The problem with that is, that defense comes from a place of emotion, not logic. She loves her party, clearly. But don't defend every little thing that Republicans do based on that love.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I am LOVING this show today. Sunny handed Meghan's behind back to her on a silver platter and in such a eloquent, tempered way. GO GIRL! Take notes, Meghan!

And now I'm sorry I'm missing it!!  Maybe a clip will appear, she asked hopefully??

• Love 6

I agree with Whoopi, Joy and Sunny about responsible gun owners not minding whether or not people check their pasts thoroughly. I'm all for the second amendment and responsible gun owners but something has to be done. Compare our statistics to other developed countries and it's staggering.

LOL why did Whoopi say, "See? We had a good conversation, we'll be right back!" after the gun topic? Maybe she can tell MM is still feeling that "Sunny" burn! 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

I'm not sure why Meghan would ever think she could win an argument with Sunny.

And she had the nerve to think she was "calling Sunny out" yesterday while she wasn't there, and got her face cracked.  I loved every second!

• Love 19
Just now, JayD83 said:

And she had the nerve to think she was "calling Sunny out" yesterday while she wasn't there, and got her face cracked.  I loved every second!

Notice MM could barely look Sunny in the eyes while Sunny was eloquently taking her behind down. Sign of immaturity to me. Sunny didn't once raise her voice, roll her eyes, huff and puff, nada. 

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

And now I'm sorry I'm missing it!!  Maybe a clip will appear, she asked hopefully??

I am SURE there will be clips online. "Sparks". (I haven't finished watching yet). 

As much as I hate whoopi's Christmas sweater designs, I must say that the bright blue looks good on her.  interesting that both Sara and Meghan are also wearing bright blue. 

And, yeah, sweet little Sara, starting to say something, MM jumping in with "I saw Gretchen Carlson yesterday, blah blah blah..." And Sara interrupts the interrupter, with "Let me just finish my point."  Go Sara!!!

Edited by backformore
  • Love 16

Very well said, @Jan Levenson ! When she said “I’ve spent a lot of time in red America and have seen the people," I cringed. The fact that she even started her argument with that statement shows me she doesn't. At least not as much as she thinks she does. She truly is privileged.

Wow, Ana Navarro is coming back! Is this a sign?!

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Meghan was born rich, white and entitled.  She does not know what it is to really struggle in life.  She has been handed everything in her life including her career.  Let's face it she majored in "art history" in college, if she were not John Mccain's daughter, she would be working in some coffee shop to support herself.  Also I don't think that there are many children of working class "red state" Americans majoring in art history.  When choosing a major they have to consider how marketable they will be once they earn that degree.  They do not have the option of following their bliss, they need to take college seriously because their entire financial future is relying on it.  MM has had a very charmed life, and good for her, but I don't want to hear her whine about how hard she has it on The View.  It is her JOB and she just needs to suck it up or quit.

I didn’t know she majored in art history.  She probably is the only art history major to land herself all of these television pundit job with no experience or educational background working in television/journalism.  

• Love 13

Oh something to look forward to as watching yesterday's show had given me rage blackout. She's just so very, very hateful. The pivoting she did yesterday, because she was uncomfortable talking about it or couldn't defend it (Lauer's firing and how no one would support her in her hate for Lauer for reasons), and so she brought up us possibly going to war.

Her entitlement, bringing up Sunny when she wasn't there, and talking as if she is Bawawa, someone who gets to decide what they will all talk about. Like others have stated, this wannabe Bawawa is NOT Sunny's boss.

I wonder if she threw in "cheating on a wife who's pregnant" because you know what? Her father cheated on his first wife with his current wife, who is Meghan's mother. So she generally doesn't hate men who cheat--just those who cheat on wives who "are pregnant." Talk about Tone Deaf; and so self-unaware.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Man, was I wrong about Meghan McCain. Every morning when people all over this country get up to go to jobs  they hate for wages that barely make ends meet, poor little Meghan has to sit at a table for an hour and tirelessly explain her "people" to a bunch of mean liberals. And she feels like she's failing so her coworkers have to kiss her ass and reassure her how brave she is for sharing her bullshit, toxic rhetoric. Get the fuck out of here, sweetie. You're a fake patriot who has no identity beyond what others in your family have done. The tax bill your father will be voting for will screw your "people" while benefiting yourself, so while I have no doubt you understand that some people in this country are poor (and plenty of people in BLUE states are poor as well) you don't really care what happens to them just like the rest of the people in your crooked, vile party.

That pretty much sums it up, thank you! 

Meghan feels like she's failing?   She's right.  If she's supposed to represent a political party and make it seem more human and relatable, she's failing miserably.  

And maybe she will be leaving, and she'll TRY to change the narrative to "big bad liberals wouldn't let me talk, I couldn't take it any more."  Just like Bitsy had an agenda to take down Rosie, Meghan's agenda is to take down Joy.  She pokes at her every day.   I loved Joy's look of disgust when Meghan told her to "Jump in".  Like a second grade teacher, dictating whose turn it was to recite.  

• Love 23

Sara was right when she said Sarah Huckabee Sanders saying it doesn't matter if the Anti Muslim video was real or not, it only matters if it fits their message was her being honest.   So the Trump administration just admitted they are all about propaganda?

• Love 18
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I'm starting to think that Tomi would have been a better fit, only because she doesn't seem to take herself so seriously. She'll say whatever, but she can still be cordial and not feel attacked when others don't share her views. If Meghan is hoping to stay on the show, then she needs to develop a thicker skin and also not feel like an attack on a republican is an attack on her. She keeps saying that the country is divided, but it's due to people supporting their side no matter what. It's okay to speak out about what Trump did. It's okay to speak out about what Hillary did too, but to defend one side even when they're wrong isn't right.

She is loosening up a bit, but if the view needs to have a segment to cheer her up then she's not going to last long at all.

And that's why Sara is the best, because she looks at both sides and speaks her mind, without coming off as the republican or the democrat. It's going to be a shame when she goes for mat leave.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, CheezyXpressed said:

She is loosening up a bit, but if the view needs to have a segment to cheer her up then she's not going to last long at all.

It makes me wonder if the producers will try to find Republicans to fill the seats in the audience so that Meghan can get some applause.  You can tell how PISSED she gets when the audience cheers for Sunny or Joy presenting a viewpoint she disagrees with. 

• Love 14

Wow, that was great. Joy was smirking the whole time. My people, Meghan? GTFO. You're not Jesus. Living in a deep red district in South Carolina, I have spent far more time with "your people" in the last month than you probably have in the last 10 years. And even people HERE are fed up with Trump. You have far fewer people than you think you do.  

Going back to yesterday's episode, did anybody else catch Joy's very dirty joke when Sara was speaking about how much it hurts when the baby's head comes out? It was a throwaway, but hilarious. 

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Going back to yesterday's episode, did anybody else catch Joy's very dirty joke when Sara was speaking about how much it hurts when the baby's head comes out? It was a throwaway, but hilarious. 

I couldn't hear it over the crosstalk.   what was it? 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I'm starting to think that Tomi would have been a better fit, only because she doesn't seem to take herself so seriously.

She is AWFUL. No, no and no. All she does is call Liberals "snowflakes" yet she is constantly whining on Fox and social media.

When she came on "The View" several months ago she was completely subdued and didn't act like an idiot. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

When she came on "The View" several months ago she was completely subdued and didn't act like an idiot. 

That is because Tomi knew she would be eaten alive.  She went on the Daily Show and Trevor Noah made mincemeat of her albeit politely.  Joy and Whoopi wouldn't have been so nice if Tomi had started with her snowflake shit.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

She is AWFUL. No, no and no. All she does is call Liberals "snowflakes" yet she is constantly whining on Fox and social media.

1 minute ago, susieq147 said:

That is because Tomi knew she would be eaten alive.  She went on the Daily Show and Trevor Noah made mincemeat of her albeit politely.  Joy and Whoopi wouldn't have been so nice if Tomi had started with her snowflake shit.

And that's why I think Tomi would be able to do better than Meghan, because she knows her audience. On the Blaze, she was loud and annoying, but with Trevor and the View she was a lot more subdued and was able to speak and share her views, while allowing others to put her in her place without feeling offended. I'm not saying she would be great on the View, but she'd be better than Meghan. I think Ana did the best in terms of being a Republican.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

And that's why I think Tomi would be able to do better than Meghan, because she knows her audience. On the Blaze, she was loud and annoying, but with Trevor and the View she was a lot more subdued and was able to speak and share her views, while allowing others to put her in her place without feeling offended. I'm not saying she would be great on the View, but she'd be better than Meghan. I think Ana did the best in terms of being a Republican.

I understand what you're saying, however I disagree with you. I think that Tomi would be an awful addition to the show because she knows her audience. She's a complete phony with her fake outrage and right-wing talking points. Every time she goes on a liberal show she doesn't spew any of that Snowflake nonsense because she knows she's full of it.

9 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I think Ana did the best in terms of being a Republican

The fact that they're bringing Ana back in such a short amount of time is interesting to me. I don't recall them doing that with any other guest (I could be wrong). Ana Navarro would be an excellent addition to the show and I can only hope that that is a possibility. Seems to be a very popular suggestion on the show's social media accounts.

• Love 20