Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E10: Week 9: Semi-Finals

• Start Topic

Drew is staying? I like the dude and I want to root for my fellow Canuck but...no bueno.

I was EXHAUSTED watching Jordan/Lindsay dance to Proud Mary.  So of course they will win unless Lindsay and Mark can do something completely original.  

• Love 9

Victoria and Val did a Charleston that doesn't evoke Amber and Derek's dance and that they've turned into their own in a challenge to recreate an iconic dance ... plus Victoria does little dancing ... and get two 10s? Yeah, okay show.

Oh, that was a parting gift? I get it now. It's still a joke, though.

I will say, Val appears to be more compassionate than his brother. It was nice to see.

• Love 17

Some very good dances. 

Drew/Emma are really stuck in a rut. Their dances are not the worst I've seen and Drew is very likable but he hasn't improved as much. Len is giving him what he needs to hear, because he doesn't seem to improve much. It's a real shame. Both his dances are good, but not great. 

I will say that Victoria/Val's iconic dance was better than I thought and it was her best dance of the season. In terms of the score she got, even if it was maybe overscored in comparison to the others left in the competition, it's perfectly scored in terms of Victoria's progress. The score works for her, if we're comparing it to her other dances. 

I will say that I personally appreciate more critiques given to everyone this week, especially Jordan. Not that he isn't great, but he can always be better, and he'll never be better if he doesn't get some critiques once this season. Plus, even with tears in his eyes, he took it like a champ. He didn't look happy to hear it, though, which I assume is because he hasn't heard it this season so it's new, and he's a perfectionist. His AT was good, but I agree with Len on this one. He does seem to have a weakness or Lindsay hasn't given him the proper ballroom techniques to prove he can do it. I do want Jordan to win, but I think Lindsay needs to try one more dance with more ballroom and less flips/contemporary-feeling movements. I also enjoyed his jive but still enjoyed Paige/Mark's version better. 

Lindsey! I'm also rooting for her to win. She's great! I actually rewatched the original dance and remember loving it more than I thought, so I knew they had big shoes to fill. I loved Meryl getting to talk to Lindsey/Mark as well. I don't think it matched up to Meryl/Maks but only because they have such a different dynamic and relationship. I did love their dance nonetheless. Like Vic/Val's, they made the dance unique, which is important. Inaba needs to shut it about being torn, though. Maks showing up was irritating, but then it was overshadowed by the two 9s. 

Oh Frankie, my dear Frankie! I do think his scores were very fair. I think Witney should have left out the skirt portion of their iconic dance and Witney should have added something to suit Frankie's strengths. However, what he was given, Frankie did his very best and is still the best performer, acting-wise, and can sell the dances. I'm ok with his lower scores. 

As for the elimination, I'm still pissed that Frankie/Witney still are getting stuck in bottom 2. They're really not getting the votes? Which does seem to imply that they won't win and will probably get third, at the most. 

I'm also a bit disappointed that Victoria/Val left, but only because I wanted Drew/Emma to go so we'd have two females in the finale. Plus, Victoria looked devastated. I also like Drew but was rooting for him to go. 

• Love 7

Ugh, just when I started to like Mark, he had to ruin it by pimping his own song when the point was to pick a song that best suits Lindsey's personality.

And Val of course had to pimp Jenna, to the point where she was doing more dancing than Victoria. Having said that, I think Victoria deserved to stay over Drew and Frankie.

Witney made a mistake choosing the exact same choreography and costuming for her and Frankie's "iconic" dance. In an direct comparison to Apollo and Julianne, they both came up short.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 9

Semifinals already? Feels like this season flew by. 

Drew and Emma: I thought this was cute. But I didn’t realize it was supposed to be a tango until the judges said so. Yikes.

Victoria and Val: I am so tired of this narrative and Val is all too eager to abuse it. This was a legit trio. Jenna was way too involved in the dance and it only served to take your eyes off of Victoria. Because Val finally told the world he’s been doing whatever with Jenna for the past however many years, now we have to suffer through her being featured heavily in all of his routines? Keep it. Seriously. I’m tired. 

The use of the troupe in routines has seriously gotten out of hand. When they’re in the background it’s okay but literally taking part in the main dance? It’s not okay.

Jordan and Lindsay: I’ve mentioned before that Argentine Tango is my favorite dance. It was nice to see a different type of spin on the usual sultry, sexy version but I don’t know if it really fit. I enjoyed it though and thought the story behind it was beautiful. Also, I’m really into deep emerald green this season so I LOVED their costumes.

Lindsey and Mark: I expected triple 10s from the pre dance package. Like I say every week, I don’t like contemporary on this show anymore but this was beautifully danced and beautifully themed. Amazing job. Lindsey is a gorgeous dancer. Her musicality really shines.

Frankie and Whitney: I’m kind of over Frankie. He lacks consistency like no contestant I’ve ever seen. Almost making his good dances look like flukes. Or are the bad ones flukes? Who knows at this point. This wasn’t good to me at all. No real hip action or...actual dance movement. I thought the theme was really cute though and I liked Witney’s costume.

Sharna was once my fave but seeing the pro tour routine I realized I haven’t really missed her. I like her better in the troupe lol

“Iconic” Dances

Drew and Emma: How did Drew get stuck with a Corbin Bleu routine of all past people? Yikes. But he attacked it and gave it everything. “Crusty at the bottom and tasty at the top” had me screaming. Len is hilarious. Sidebar: I don’t know if that lift/trick was worth the risks though. I love Emma for putting all of herself out there for her partner but my heart stopped for the length of that bit. Seriously terrifying.

Victoria and Val: This routine is all about the facials. She isn’t the strongest dancer so she can sell it with her face. She definitely tried to do that and apparently it worked for the judges. I feel like I’m bashing her at this point and that’s really not what I’m trying to do. Val isn’t doing the greatest job of hiding her flaws anymore. Len was looking at Carrie Ann like she was crazy and she is. This made you forget about Amber and Derek’s version? LMAO okay girl. 10s? She must be going home.

Jordan and Lindsay: Fast jives are usually a recipe for disaster. People usually put so much into an already very technical dance that it ends up being a mess. I remember when Paige did it, i was so scared for her but she nailed it. This was...WOW. I don’t know how to describe these two anymore. I will never forget this partnership. Ever.

Lindsey and Mark:  I skipped this season but I have heard a lot about Meryl and Maks’ partnership. From what I saw the dance looked pretty good, but like Mark said it became iconic because of the chemistry. This version was really good, but for me it was missing that electric chemistry and Lindsay didn’t seem as comfortable with this one. I agree with Carrie Ann. Ugh. Still great though!

Go away Maks. Goooo awaaaaaay. Stop with the lectures already.

Frankie and Witney: So much room for error here but they did a good job. Nothing egregious. I liked it.

I knew Victoria was going home when they gave her those 10s for that jive. It was so obvious. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody actually cry like that when being eliminated. My heart crumbled. Val did her a disservice last week like he does to all his partners towards the end. His decision making really is not the best...

I never expected Drew to last this long and I’m really not sure how I feel about it.

I dislike the 4 teams in the finals thing so much. It needs to go back to being 3.

Looking forward to the finals!

• Love 5

I felt bad that Victoria was crying, but between Drew and Victoria it was honestly a toss up and if we are looking at their dances from last week, honestly I think Victoria was worse.  Maybe she had an excuse because of her spasms, but keep in mind her trio routine was awful.  Like awful.  So no, I don't think Victoria was in any way robbed. I do think there are others that maybe deserve to be in the finals over Drew from a better dancer perspective, but Victoria is not one of those people.

That said, I thought Victoria did better with the Charleston than I expected.  Not 10's worthy since there was a good 25 seconds of her sitting at the beginning, but maybe some 10's on her scale were fair.  Her contemporary was annoying since it was basically another trio round and she didn't do much other than be moved from place to place by Val and his lady love.

The only dance I loved was Jordan's jive.  I want him to win.

Lindsey was pretty good in both rounds, though not amazing.  She obviously didn't look as sharp as Meryl, but that was to be expected.  I also just wanted to get Maks out of their spotlight.  Not necessary.

Frankie did well enough, but also not amazing.  I do think Witney would have been better off altering the choreo slightly to better meet their strengths as a couple.

A Val-less final!  That hasn't happened in forever.  Also two finals in a row for Emma.  It's like we are in bizarro DWTS world.

• Love 6

Semi Finals:

Drew:  A little too eager, he was ahead of Emma for most of it.  Same week after week -  I think he'll never get synced up to the music.  Posture's bad, frame's bad.  He had fun with it though. 

Victoria:  A dance change again - from waltz to contemporary??  Is the problem Victoria can't handle a waltz? Or Val can't find a way to choreograph a dance when the music is awkward for the dance style?   Why can't he choreograph something to celebrate her NOW?  After last week's celebration of Laurie,  she deserves better than this.  She's more than her former illness.   Why feature Jenna behind the door - she could have made a little appearance then disappeared.  I'm just pissed off at this.  Yes, give a tribute to Jenna (who probably choreographed most of this).  Scores...whatev!  She's obviously being pushed into the finals...or Val is... (edit: well, tptb tried anyway)

Jordan:  First, happy to see Lindsay was able to dance.  Not his best this time - it seemed like mostly Lindsay doing 90% of the work. It was too soft and zero intensity.  Nice to see the "judges" finally getting real, well, except for Bruno.   Nail in the eye? I assume he means a fingernail.  The 10 was absurd.  All 9s would have been plenty.

Lindsey:  I liked her story but not so sure about seeing her pelted with debris.  Nice comments from the judges but what'll they do with the scores?  Nice Tom allowed her to correct the misinformation about prior dance training.  Agreed with the scores, would have liked one more 10 though.

Frankie:  out of sync with the guys at the beginning, too much time wasting with the basketball, at times off the beat.  He's fine without a shirt but it's a little objectionable that Witney seemed to force the issue.  If he wanted to keep his shirt on, she should have respected that.  Finally, it just didn't look or feel like a salsa - I actually had to double check what the dance was supposed to be.  Scores a point too high, should be all 8s.

ICONIC Dances...or rather "Iconic" Dances...

Drew:  "one of the most epic dances ever"? Well, maybe for some.  I actually didn't remember it at all.  Still off beat and out of sync but less so than the first dance, so I guess that's a plus.  Emma sure had a lot of trust that he wouldn't bash her head into the floor!  Agree with the scores

Victoria:  This seemed very simplistic but she was looking up for most of it.  I think the troupe interaction was keeping her looking at them instead of the floor.  10s? For that?  Is this a parting gift?  9s are generous enough.

Jordan:  Yes, he got all the moves but it had none of the hotness that Paige and Mark generated.  CAI you're ridiculous.  Len, that did NOT top the original.  Scores as expected. 

Lindsey:  It seems every week I say I hate the flashing laser lights and black outfits on a dark stage.  It's funny that they talk about "chemistry" when I believe the chemistry between Maks and Meryl was totally fake (for their whole season, not just this dance).   Again getting the message out that Lindsey is not prior-trained, though it seems she's being held to that standard.  From the nitpiking comments I knew they'd go for 9s. Oh well.  TPTB have made their decision.

Frankie:  Impressed with the knee walks - those are just killers.  Overall it seemed a bit stop-and-go and stompy.  Agree with the scores.

The right couple goes home tonight.  It appears Val didn't prepare her for the possibility.

Edited by Uke
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Ugh, just when I started to like Mark, he had to ruin it by pimping his own song when the point was to pick a song that best suits Lindsey's personality.

And Val of course had to pimp Jenna, to the point where she was doing more dancing than Victoria. Having said that, I think Victoria deserved to stay over Drew and Frankie.

Witney made a mistake choosing the exact same choreography and costuming for her and Frankie's "iconic" dance. In an direct comparison to Apollo and Julianne, they both came up short.

I said the same thing about Mark. Just “ugh”. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

The voting was based on last weeks dances.  I'm starting to think I'm in bizarro world for thinking that Victoria was 100% awful last week.  Maybe because of her spasms, but her jive was one of the worst trio dances I've seen in a long time.  Whereas Frankie's trio dance was pretty good (not amazing, but very good) and Drew's while not great, was still better than Vic's.  So I know mileage varies, but I don't really get the whole Victoria deserved to stay when she's being given overly simplified dances every week and then executes them in very mediocre ways.  She's not being asked to do much.  Last week was probably her worst week.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, Jeopardy15 said:

I was shocked that Drew is staying and wasn’t in the bottom two. Also, how lame of Mark to choose his own song for the pro’s choice. 

Why?others have done this. Heck Val stole his whole win last week, in front of his partner. I love BC Jean singing

Edited by NeverLate
12 minutes ago, doLLish said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody actually cry like that when being eliminated. My heart crumbled.

Willow cried, but she was 14 so I kind of get that.

Carlos also cried a bit, but that was when Alexa was eliminated. He acted like she was to be sacrificed and I thought it was hilarious. The marrieds on this season were much more palatable.

Edited by McManda
Carlos was hilarious, not hopeless. Oops
  • Love 4

So I know mileage varies, but I don't really get the whole Victoria deserved to stay when she's being given overly simplified dances every week and then executes them in very mediocre ways.  She's not being asked to do much.  Last week was probably her worst week so it should be no surprised she left IMO.

this!

4 minutes ago, LizDC said:

Yay!  Drew made it to the finals!  I think he and Emma kind of got screwed by having to recreate a Corbin dance. 

But, yay! He made it!  

They tried to make him look bad, it didnt work..:)

• Love 7
1 minute ago, McManda said:

Willow cried, but she was 14 so I kind of get that.

Carlos also cried a bit, but that was when Alexa was eliminated. He acted like she was to be sacrificed and I thought it was hopeless. The marrieds on this season were much more palatable.

LMAO how could I forget Carlos and Alexa sobbing into each others arms. These two were so melodramatic week after week. That didn’t really effect me though for whatever reason. This one did.

• Love 3
Just now, madpsych78 said:

Also, Victoria and Val's contemporary was a better trio dance than the actual trio dance from the previous week, even if Jenna was in this dance.

We had a trio dance last week, Val just wanted to feature Jenna, which tended to make Victoria look bad imho

• Love 4

Well the cast is always kind of the Walking Wounded by this point in the season. Some of those injuries looked painful.

Sorry for Victoria. Did Val not tell her that it pretty much had to be her or Drew tonight due to last week's scores? When Drew was called safe I knew they were goners. Regardless, she is amazing and should be so proud of herself. 

Emma and Drew's lift has to be the scariest lift I've ever seen on the show. Please don't do that again.

So much Jenna in Victoria's first dance. At least for once she didn't eye-sex the camera. I'll bet anything that was Val's idea for trio week and when the show threw a Laurie surprise at them last week Val thought screw it, we're doing it anyway. 

Of course Maks appears as soon as his name is said. He's like Beetlejuice. I do like Erin's way of dealing with him now- she's very much the exasperated sister who loves him but is over it. 

That Proud Mary jive is one of my favorites on the show and I think Jordan and Lindsay did it justice. So freaking fast.

Edited by sab85
  • Love 8

I think Victoria is a very lovely person and the end was a reminder of how young she really was in that she wasn't able to mask her feelings about being eliminated, but I'm curious how many people that were voting for her were doing it because of her dancing.  Mind you people can vote for any reason they want so it's not exactly a judgment, but to me it feels like Val's fans (or the C bros fans) just latch on to whoever Val has that season and and so X person suddenly becomes the best and most talented dancer ever.  If we're looking at skill level and body of work, it's hard to argue that Victoria was robbed.

We had a trio dance last week, Val just wanted to feature Jenna, which tended to make Victoria look bad imho

While I thought it was ridiculous that Victoria had another trio dance, I don't think Jenna actually made Victoria look bad.  Only in the sense that both Val and Jenna could pick Victoria up and move her from place to place, which made Vic's movement look more fluid than usual.  It actually somewhat disguised how little Victoria was actually doing.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 4

Poor Val.  His blatant manipulation won't work this time. I'm shocked CAI wasn't blubbering by the end of the dance.

I think both Drew and Frankie are just as astonished as we are that they're in the finals. (Which I won't get to see!  Thanks football.  ?)

• Love 3

Jordan and Lindsey IMPROVED on that Jive and I didn't think it was possible.  Paige and Mark's jive was fun but their were some timing mistakes, but Jordan wholly molly!  That was awesome, and CAI pointing out that the triple cartwheels were straight legged.  Best dance of the night by far!  And iconic in its own right.

Unfortunately I didn't like the music or the Argentine Tango movement from Jordan and Lindsay.., it really wasn't an AT but I guess Lindsay did the best with what she got.  And a dance about him being a good brother is not an Argentine Tango.  I sort of hope they get Argentine Tango as a redemption dance with better choreo for a real argentine tango. He's a sexy boy, time to show the sexy a bit.

Drew made me laugh in the first dance, and the second one, I was just laughing was this some kind of joke?  It was hilarious.

Frankie continues to suck. If he can't act his way with his weird eyes, then it's obvious he just can't dance. He's the same level as Drew.  They both have oddles of time to learn and they still  don't know what they are doing. I noticed the choreo was not the same as Witney claims. No athletic Apolo leap, Muniz would need a troupe to lift him.

Sad to see Victoria go, but to be fair she had a second kick at Charleston and she did better than the one on Disney week.  The contemporary was simple but so very heartfelt.   When she looked so sad  I finally figured out who she reminds me of,  if Princess Diana was a brunette she would look like Victoria.  If the votes were based on tonight she would have been 3rd for me.

I wasn't a fan of Lindsey and Mark's contemporary or the Gangham style garbage blown on the floor.  I thought the movement was stilted and a bit awkward in parts.  They were very good on the Tango however, but I do agree with CAI and Len that the turns were a little weak. 

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 2
Just now, NeverLate said:

We had a trio dance last week, Val just wanted to feature Jenna, which tended to make Victoria look bad imho

I know, I was being facetious. It was almost like Val was trying to apologize for the mess that was last week's trio dance.

12 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Having said that, I think Victoria deserved to stay over Drew and Frankie.

Whereas I am actually perfectly fine with the results. Probably because I also had a feeling it would happen about a week or two ago. I think Drew is killing it in the votes (no worries, he won't win or even come second) and while Frankie has not been consistent, he has gotten a lot of high scores throughout the season and been a judges' favorite. Victoria perfectly represented the story of this season in my opinion. Most of the celebrities who were eliminated were simply just not memorable. That was Victoria in my opinion. I'm sure Val thought she would be a shoo-in with her story but something never really clicked with her and I think for the most part, she was just sort of there for most viewers. 

The voting was based on last weeks dances.  I'm starting to think I'm in bizarro world for thinking that Victoria was 100% awful last week. 

Nope, right there in that world with you.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, sab85 said:

Emma and Drew's lift has to be the scariest lift I've ever seen on the show. Please don't do that again.

I'm trying to think back from all the previous seasons the lifts that had the highest risk of dramatic injury, and I don't know that I can think of one. Maybe the one when in rehearsal Hines fell on Kym's neck and legit almost paralyzed her?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Andie1 said:

Jordan and Lindsey IMPROVED on that Jive and I didn't think it was possible.  Paige and Mark's jive was fun but their were some timing mistakes, but Jordan wholly molly!  That was awesome, and CAI pointing out that the triple cartwheels were straight legged.  Best dance of the night by far!  And iconic in its own right.

Thank you! I agree that Jordan and Lindsay's Jive was better at least for that reason. If you look at Mark and Paige's cartwheels, Paige was actually a little better than Mark. Paige's legs were straight but Mark's were bent. Tonight, both Jordan and Lindsay's legs were straight.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, doLLish said:

LMAO how could I forget Carlos and Alexa sobbing into each others arms. These two were so melodramatic week after week. That didn’t really effect me though for whatever reason. This one did.

Haha ... because Carlos and Alexa were adults that were going home together after the show was over and Alexa was even going to be back the next week for the finale? They had no reason to blubber like they did it and that, for me at least, made it hilarious instead of heartbreaking.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

I'm trying to think back from all the previous seasons the lifts that had the highest risk of dramatic injury, and I don't know that I can think of one. Maybe the one when in rehearsal Hines fell on Kym's neck and legit almost paralyzed her?

That move that Kym tried was just completely off, she took it from a youtube watching Columbian salsa dancers who are just nuts.  But actually if done correctly it's really amazing.  Melanie and Marko did it on a Tango choreographed by Louis Van Amstel on SYTYCD and it really took that dance from boring to wow.

Kudos to Val, the things he said to Victoria and the way he was with her at the elimination was sweet. And that hair is a very good look on him. I think I would rather have had Victoria stay over Drew, but I was ok with either leaving.

That Jive with Jordan and Lindsay was great! Their Tango was forgettable. I liked Lindsey tonight, I do like her most of the time, I just like Jordan a little better. I kept thinking that Frankie's posture was off, but Bruno pointing out the shoulders, that was it. From now on, pros just need to tell their partner's "earrings!" for those arms and shoulders.

Edited by friendperidot
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm on an island here, but I'm not mad at Mark for using his own song.  It was a good song, it worked for the routine, and hell, if the producer's allow it, why not?

I don't care if they use their own song, but I think there are much better songs out there.

I really was amazed at Victoria in the beginning...but Val worked my last nerve by revisiting her struggle over and over...so I am not sad to see her go. There was one dance that got almost all tens in the first round(can't recall who) but the woman stumbled(maybe Lindsey?) and no one called her on it....

As for the debris flying, I had Mellissa McCarthy's Lip Sync Battle "Colors of the Wind" flashbacks...

I love Frankie...My Mom loves Jordan...I hate to admit it but I think Jordan has this thing won with that awesome jive.....

Whatever happens next week, I am so going to miss the cheeky laughs on this show...I nearly spit out my drink when Drew played the bagpipes and nothing came out and Erin chimes in "Oh, they sound great"...

• Love 6

I'm not all the way through the dances, but Witney TOTALLY blew it picking that music and dance for Frankie.  Frankie's strength is clearly his ability to inhabit a character so she shoud have given him something that required him to do so.  His most successful characters have been romantic/dramatic not cool baseball playing dudes who take off their shirt.  I don't know what she was thinking, but she'd better have something more Frankie-like up her sleeve next week.  More standard than Latin, although maybe she didn't have a choice.  

I liked Val and Victoria's dance, but I wish it hadn't included the person who hoovers the camera.

I loved Emma's dress and love that Drew wore a kilt, otherwise I agreed with Len mostly.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, sab85 said:

Of course Maks appears as soon as his name is said. He's like Beetlejuice.

Ha! Funniest thing I've read all season!

I loved Jordan and Lindsay's jive. It was fast and sharp. It's the sort of dance that makes me want to get up off my couch and learn. I liked their AT. I think the song and style didn't mesh well. And if this is really pro pick week, then Lindsay screwed up with that choice. 

Mark and Lindsey's contemporary was lovely. Lindsey was very grounded. She put some real power into her movement. As for the song choice at least BC wasn't on camera. Pro pick week shouldn't be about highlighting yourself or you're romantic partner. Same goes for Val.

I'd rather Drew gone home. Victoria is stronger overall though last week was bad so I'm shocked about the results. 

• Love 4

Honestly, why bother watching the rest of the season or voting.

TPTB made their choice. Jordan will be one of the most predictable and boring wins ever because he was just as good on the premiere as he is now. I've seen zero growth, no journey, sometimes he could be a bit more humble. The judges pretend like they are getting tough on everyone, yet they do with everyone but Jordan. Even on a weaker dance for Jordan he still gets a 10.

He's racked up 5 perfect scores to just 1 from Frankie and Lindsey.

At least in prior runaway winner seasons they try to give the illusion that others are in contention.

What exactly does Lindsey have to do to get better scores? I don't get it. Her Trio last week should've been a 30, her Samba should've been all 9's, her Contemporary should've been perfect score and her Tango should've gotten at least one more 10 if Victoria got a 29.

Does she have to cure cancer or do 15 backflips in a row to impress them. That's the "fixed" part of the show. The judges can brainwash the audience with scores and comments. By giving Jordan's millions of 10's and underscoring and criticizing Lindsey makes the audience think Lindsey isn't good enough to win. It even almost made me not wanna vote for her because i'm already in that headspace of "Jordan's win in inevitable so why waste my time when they can't ever give her scores good enough to prove if Jordan is truly the winner"

• Love 13

Highlights: I screamed out loud when Drew spun Emma, needed some cool-down breaths after Jordan and Lindsay's jive - wow! - (would have loved to have seen Mark's face when he heard Bruno's comment about it being better than his - I don't necessarily agree because I thought Mark & Paige's was fantastic - but Lindsay and Jordan did him proud!), and felt oh-so-badly for Victoria when she was eliminated.

Oh, and Lindsey did Meryl proud, too... although I think Maks' and Meryl's was one of the best tangos. Ever. JMO.

I could care less who wins. I'm here for the dancing!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, MooCat Pretzel said:

Today I LOVE her because she referenced The Cutting Edge—one of most under appreciated cinematic works of the 90s!

Tooooe piiick!

Seriously, she wasn't wrong. Emma has nerves of steel for that lift.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I know, I was being facetious. It was almost like Val was trying to apologize for the mess that was last week's trio dance.

Well honesty, I don't think it helped. But,  she was going home, and was terribly over scored this week

15 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

TPTB made their choice. Jordan will be one of the most predictable and boring wins ever because he was just as good on the premiere as he is now. I've seen zero growth, no journey, sometimes he could be a bit more humble. The judges pretend like they are getting tough on everyone, yet they do with everyone but Jordan. Even on a weaker dance for Jordan he still gets a 10.

At least in prior runaway winner seasons they try to give the illusion that others are in contention.

What exactly does Lindsey have to do to get better scores? I don't get it. Her Trio last week should've been a 30, her Samba should've been all 9's, her Contemporary should've been perfect score and her Tango should've gotten at least one more 10 if Victoria got a 29.

Does she have to cure cancer or do 15 backflips in a row to impress them. That's the "fixed" part of the show. The judges can brainwash the audience with scores and comments. By giving Jordan's millions of 10's and underscoring and criticizing Lindsey makes the audience think Lindsey isn't good enough to win. It even almost made me not wanna vote for her because i'm already in that headspace of "Jordan's win in inevitable so why waste my time when they can't ever give her scores good enough to prove if Jordan is truly the winner"

I voted for her even more, the judges have no say in my win:)

• Love 5

The dance of Val and Victoria was really Val and Jenna's dance with Victoria along for the ride! (and I don't dislike Jenna like a lot of you do!) I think it was done to hide much of what Victoria cannot do.

And I am pretty sure those were not tears in Jordan's eye...remember he had a fingernail jabbed in his eye earlier in the day...wouldn't your eye water, also? I am still out of breath after that jive he and Lindsay did. I wonder how badly her knee is going to hurt tonight when the shot she must have had, wears off.

Although Drew should not be in the finals, neither should Victoria so I really wish we were having a 3 contestant final! The only reason I am glad he is going to be there next week is so we can see what ridiculous outfit JD(Drew's brother) will wear!!!

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

I agree with your post except for the criticizing part. I think the only time they have really “critiqued” her was last week with her samba, otherwise it’s been praise, praise, praise, “9” which is even more annoying, because how are you supposed to improve if you aren’t given critiques? Len praised her contemporary tonight, “you’re a terrific dancer”, “that dance blew me away”, etc etc. and then proceeds to give her a 9, like really? It’s like you said, what does the girl have to do, cure cancer? Become a pro dancer? I like Jordan and I think he’s a terrific dancer, but he is being pushed by the show. It would be nice for Lindsey and Mark to be the “surprise” win. I think she has the fan base to do it.

• Love 9

Raise your hand if you didn't know at 8 PM that Maks was going to find his way into the interview with Erin, Maks and Lindsey. He's oh so predictable.

I figured Victoria was going tonight but I still felt bad for how upset she got. Drew may or may not be as good as her but he seems to have a huge voting base. And I think Emma is still riding a voting base from last season's win.

Please go away Jenna. I'm tired of you and Val's pimping of you.

I hated iconic dances. Hated it. Please don't ever bring it back again. There's absolutely no reason to compare one contestant to someone from seasons ago, especially since the show is so different now.

However, if the show wants to do something different and maybe even regain viewers, how about another All-Star Season? BUT.......rather than former celebs, let's bring back former pros. I would give anything to see Karina, Tony, Edyta and Anna again and though I wasn't a huge fan of any of them, I would take Lacey, Jonathan, Chelsie or Louis in a heartbeat over Keo or Gleb or Sasha.

48 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Didn't Karina also get hurt doing some kind of move with JR?

Edited by Toonces464
  • Love 7

My thoughts on the night....

First dance:

Drew--I appreciate the effort and enthusiasm, but it's time for him to go.

Victoria--Umm, okay? It was more of Val picking her up and placing her in her spot than her dancing. And, of course, Val interrupts Bruno for a shout-out to Jenna <eye roll>. Victoria can go, too.

Jordan--I don't like all the smoke. This wasn't my favorite dance of his. I pretty much agree with what Carrie-Ann and Len said. Watching his post-dance interview I was wondering if something was wrong with his eye--that question got answered very quickly.

Lindsey--I don't know what to say about this one. I just can't connect with her. She danced it well, I just couldn't connect to the emotion.

Frankie--He's definitely a performer. That was enjoyable to watch, even though it was a questionable song choice.

I'm getting really tired of people booing Len.

Second dance:

Drew--NOOOOOO!!!! Don't ruin my memory of this dance! Oh, thank God--it wasn't an exact replica of the previous dance! I actually found it to be somewhat entertaining, even though there were a lot of technical issues.

Victoria--Still don't get the leg thing. Over-scored because if anybody else had done the dance like that it would have been all 9s at most.

Jordan--And, he's back! That was incredible, awesome, amazing, etc. It was an instant re-watch for me!

Lindsey--To me it looked jerky instead of fluid. It was kind of hard to see some of the dance with the clothes/background being the same color.

Frankie--Yay, finally--confidence! The dance did have some issues, but was happy to see him finally feeling a little bit better about his abilities.

You have got to be freaking kidding me!!!  Drew?!

At least Frankie didn't get the boot, then I would have been really irritated!

Predictions for next week:

1st--Jordan

2nd--Lindsey

3rd--Frankie

4th--Drew

• Love 7
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Looks like Drew is the David Ross of this season.

I was underwhelmed by Jordan's first dance, but when they performed the Jive I thought "he's BACK!"

LOL, I write my post before I look at the previous posts, and I basically said the exact same thing about Jordan!

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

Because I'm watching probably the best contestant the show has had.  When the guy improves on an iconic dance by precision timing  on the flicka kicks where Paige lost timing, and doing the ending cartwheel better than the original pro with bent legs, then that's something.  Normally people get intimidated by dances that are favorites and I think that is what happened to some of the others.  He didn't get intimidated he stayed on track and I loved him in Gold .  Like Drew only not lame.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 12